• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

New Indie Bundle site out there: http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Technically this could go into free stuff, but the bundle encourages people to go to the individual game pages and donate, so it's more of a true PWYW.

#2 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I really don't grasp what the Cabrera brothers get out of this... maybe I'm cynical... ok, I'm definitely cynical... but TNSTAAFL.

#3 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

thx
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#4 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I really don't grasp what the Cabrera brothers get out of this... maybe I'm cynical... ok, I'm definitely cynical... but TNSTAAFL.

Publicity. Indie developers want to get their name out there. Open source developers have been doing this for years. Make a solid product then ask people to donate. If it's popular then you can launch off of that to something bigger or get a job at a company
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Publicity. Indie developers want to get their name out there. Open source developers have been doing this for years. Make a solid product then ask people to donate. If it's popular then you can launch off of that to something bigger or get a job at a company

Perfectly legitimate explanation, for the developers. But the Cabrera brothers don't appear to be the developers for any of the games in the bundle.

#6 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Agreed. Take it free and if you live it give em a buck.

#7 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I just checked out all the trailers, and damn, I can't believe they're offering all these for free. Games look fantastic. These are the kinds of games I feel guilty not donating for. :cry:

EDIT: Also, it looks like the download links for Ascension and Imscared are down right now. Seems like the site's generating more traffic than they expected, so dropbox temporarily disabled them, haha. Everything else is available to download from other sites.

#8 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I managed to visit the Author's sites and download them that was, if you don't like waiting.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#9 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Perfectly legitimate explanation, for the developers. But the Cabrera brothers don't appear to be the developers for any of the games in the bundle.

Well right now they just have the cost of hosting one or two games as most of the games are housed on the developers services. If I had to guess I would assume that the CB were hoping to attract some attention through a couple of these then start doing bundles like IG, IR, HiB, etc.

#10 Gharik

Gharik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I just checked out all the trailers, and damn, I can't believe they're offering all these for free. Games look fantastic. These are the kinds of games I feel guilty not donating for. :cry:

EDIT: Also, it looks like the download links for Ascension and Imscared are down right now. Seems like the site's generating more traffic than they expected, so dropbox temporarily disabled them, haha. Everything else is available to download from other sites.

Same problem here. Also, Nitronic Rush is not working for me either. Shame as it looks pretty fun.

EDIT: Managed to get all I wanted.

Edited by Gharik, 09 January 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#11 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Same problem here. Also, Nitronic Rush is not working for me either. Shame as it looks pretty fun.

Yeah, the download for Nitronic Rush is downloading at a crawl for me. It's estimated to finish downloading in three hours. >_>

EDIT: Whoa, the download just stopped all of a sudden. I was skeptical as I tried to start the setup anyway, and sure enough, it said the file was "corrupted." I'm sure it just didn't finish downloading, though.

As an alternative, you can download Nitronic Rush for free here, but make ABSOLUTE SURE you opt out of downloading all the toolbars and stuff if you don't want them.

#12 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

http://theturtle.edi...reeindiebundle/

#13 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Abobo!

#14 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, the download for Nitronic Rush is downloading at a crawl for me. It's estimated to finish downloading in three hours. >_>

EDIT: Whoa, the download just stopped all of a sudden. I was skeptical as I tried to start the setup anyway, and sure enough, it said the file was "corrupted." I'm sure it just didn't finish downloading, though.

As an alternative, you can download Nitronic Rush for free here, but make ABSOLUTE SURE you opt out of downloading all the toolbars and stuff if you don't want them.

Had to do the same. But directly from them it did go a ton faster.

#15 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks OP, good selection
Posted Image

#16 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Thanks OP. I had played Abobo but hadn't heard of these others.

#17 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Better download for Nitronic Rush may be here: https://www.digipen....1170&proj=25266

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#18 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

ooo I remember hearing about the Abobo game a while back. Looks fun.

#19 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Can any of these be added to our various gaming libraries like gog or steam?

#20 GDark

GDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Thanks!

#21 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thank you.

#22 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

http://theturtle.edi...reeindiebundle/

I can't seem to get Stealth Bastards to work, does it for anybody else?

#23 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

I can't seem to get Stealth Bastards to work, does it for anybody else?

It has been released on Steam as Stealth Bastard Deluxe, so my guess is that it was pulled
Posted Image

#24 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

It has been released on Steam as Stealth Bastard Deluxe, so my guess is that it was pulled

Oh darn I knew that was too good to be true lol. Thanks

#25 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

These smaller budget games have become a commodity. I have close to 100 paid games on my iPad, all downloaded free on free-for-a-day sales and I've opened maybe 1/4th of them and played maybe 1/10th for more than 5 minutes. But I figure take now in case it doesn't become free later (or the industry collapses on itself).

#26 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Anyone else having trouble downloading? Ascension and Imscared are both showing up as corrupted zip files on mulitple download attempts.

#27 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Celestial Mechanica is worth it for the soundtrack alone.

foxhack.jpg

#28 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Thanks op!

#29 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Oh darn I knew that was too good to be true lol. Thanks

The original Stealth Bastard is still available - see the bottom right link at the game's page"

http://www.stealthbastard.com/

Here's a direct link to the download:

http://stealth109.s3...astard-1.10.exe

#30 midloo

midloo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Abobo's Big Adventure was one of my favorite releases of last year. It is absolutely hilarious - especially if you grew up in the 8bit era. Don't miss it.
Posted Image