The Free Bundle

I really don't grasp what the Cabrera brothers get out of this... maybe I'm cynical... ok, I'm definitely cynical... but TNSTAAFL.

[quote name='JMusic']I really don't grasp what the Cabrera brothers get out of this... maybe I'm cynical... ok, I'm definitely cynical... but TNSTAAFL.[/QUOTE]

Publicity. Indie developers want to get their name out there. Open source developers have been doing this for years. Make a solid product then ask people to donate. If it's popular then you can launch off of that to something bigger or get a job at a company

[quote name='aus_nacht']Publicity. Indie developers want to get their name out there. Open source developers have been doing this for years. Make a solid product then ask people to donate. If it's popular then you can launch off of that to something bigger or get a job at a company[/QUOTE]

Perfectly legitimate explanation, for the developers. But the Cabrera brothers don't appear to be the developers for any of the games in the bundle.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Publicity. Indie developers want to get their name out there. Open source developers have been doing this for years. Make a solid product then ask people to donate. If it's popular then you can launch off of that to something bigger or get a job at a company[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Take it free and if you live it give em a buck.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I just checked out all the trailers, and damn, I can't believe they're offering all these for free. Games look fantastic. These are the kinds of games I feel guilty not donating for. :cry:

EDIT: Also, it looks like the download links for Ascension and Imscared are down right now. Seems like the site's generating more traffic than they expected, so dropbox temporarily disabled them, haha. Everything else is available to download from other sites.

[quote name='JMusic']Perfectly legitimate explanation, for the developers. But the Cabrera brothers don't appear to be the developers for any of the games in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Well right now they just have the cost of hosting one or two games as most of the games are housed on the developers services. If I had to guess I would assume that the CB were hoping to attract some attention through a couple of these then start doing bundles like IG, IR, HiB, etc.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I just checked out all the trailers, and damn, I can't believe they're offering all these for free. Games look fantastic. These are the kinds of games I feel guilty not donating for. :cry:

EDIT: Also, it looks like the download links for Ascension and Imscared are down right now. Seems like the site's generating more traffic than they expected, so dropbox temporarily disabled them, haha. Everything else is available to download from other sites.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Also, Nitronic Rush is not working for me either. Shame as it looks pretty fun.

EDIT: Managed to get all I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gharik']Same problem here. Also, Nitronic Rush is not working for me either. Shame as it looks pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the download for Nitronic Rush is downloading at a crawl for me. It's estimated to finish downloading in three hours. >_>

EDIT: Whoa, the download just stopped all of a sudden. I was skeptical as I tried to start the setup anyway, and sure enough, it said the file was "corrupted." I'm sure it just didn't finish downloading, though.

As an alternative, you can download Nitronic Rush for free here, but make ABSOLUTE SURE you opt out of downloading all the toolbars and stuff if you don't want them.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yeah, the download for Nitronic Rush is downloading at a crawl for me. It's estimated to finish downloading in three hours. >_>

EDIT: Whoa, the download just stopped all of a sudden. I was skeptical as I tried to start the setup anyway, and sure enough, it said the file was "corrupted." I'm sure it just didn't finish downloading, though.

As an alternative, you can download Nitronic Rush for free here, but make ABSOLUTE SURE you opt out of downloading all the toolbars and stuff if you don't want them.[/QUOTE]

Had to do the same. But directly from them it did go a ton faster.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yeah, the download for Nitronic Rush is downloading at a crawl for me. It's estimated to finish downloading in three hours. >_>

As an alternative, you can download Nitronic Rush for free here, but make ABSOLUTE SURE you opt out of downloading all the toolbars and stuff if you don't want them.[/QUOTE]

Better download for Nitronic Rush may be here: https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=25266

[quote name='kidrocklive']I can't seem to get Stealth Bastards to work, does it for anybody else?[/QUOTE]

It has been released on Steam as Stealth Bastard Deluxe, so my guess is that it was pulled

[quote name='erequena']It has been released on Steam as Stealth Bastard Deluxe, so my guess is that it was pulled[/QUOTE]

Oh darn I knew that was too good to be true lol. Thanks

[quote name='JMusic']I really don't grasp what the Cabrera brothers get out of this... maybe I'm cynical... ok, I'm definitely cynical... but TNSTAAFL.[/QUOTE]
These smaller budget games have become a commodity. I have close to 100 paid games on my iPad, all downloaded free on free-for-a-day sales and I've opened maybe 1/4th of them and played maybe 1/10th for more than 5 minutes. But I figure take now in case it doesn't become free later (or the industry collapses on itself).

Anyone else having trouble downloading? Ascension and Imscared are both showing up as corrupted zip files on mulitple download attempts.

Abobo's Big Adventure was one of my favorite releases of last year. It is absolutely hilarious - especially if you grew up in the 8bit era. Don't miss it.

Their FAQ seems like kind of a slam on the Humble Indie Bundle, with a 'Indier than Thou' tone to it. Who are they taking umbrage with here?

bread's done
Back