Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Pre-Order $40 @GameStop

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 GILiveRadio

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Noticed this on the GameStop deals page. Comes with vita cross buy code. Amazon still has this listed for ~$60.

http://www.gamestop....s-in-time/91462

Looked on the forum and didn't see this posted. Apologies if this is already posted.

:360: GI Mvideoplus
Visit us @ 8bitfix.com

#2 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

very interesting...

596772.png

#3 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

It's going to be the official MSRP.

http://blog.us.plays...ontest-winners/

#4 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Weird...can't think of the last AAA franchise that was priced like a Barbie game at msrp

#5 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Weird...can't think of the last AAA franchise that was priced like a Barbie game at msrp

To be fair, the gameplay hasn't changed much from Sly 3.

#6 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hope the price doesn't speak to the quality of the game.

#7 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

if you have seen the gameplay vids than you know that sony is taking care of this game. not to mention its not like this promo is at every retailer. im taking advantage of this pre order deal for sure !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#8 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

So ummm, those of us pre-ordered from Newegg with the $12 off coupon code, what will happend then? It's listed as $59.99, with the $12 off, it's $47.99...

#9 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

This isn't a deal, $39.99 is the MSRP.

#10 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

So ummm, those of us pre-ordered from Newegg with the $12 off coupon code, what will happend then? It's listed as $59.99, with the $12 off, it's $47.99...

Over pay ;)

#11 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Once the change the price, you could try getting $12 off the $39.99, if you think it's worth the trouble, that is.

#12 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Well I pre-ordered and paid it off fully with them. Guess I either gotta get them to refund me the difference, or cancel and pre-order again. Damn it.

#13 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

This isn't a deal, $39.99 is the MSRP.

wait the pa3 version msrp is 40$ ? so does that mean the vita version is 30$ ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#14 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Why do people think because a new release starts off below the normal $60 price point it must suck somehow?

wait the pa3 version msrp is 40$ ? so does that mean the vita version is 30$ ?

Yep.

http://blog.us.plays...ontest-winners/

#15 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Yes.

I was thinking of getting this, but I still haven't played through the Sly Collection. Good to know it'll be even cheaper when I go to buy it then.

#16 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Man first $20 Ratchet and Clank and now this. Sony is on their A game.

#17 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

This now became a no brainer day one purchase for me.

Was going to hold out, but probably don't have the CAGness in me at this price point for what should be a AAA title on release day.

I support.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#18 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I bet Gargus is secretly watching this thread, pissed off and wanting to call out the OP for posting an MSRP deal.

#19 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I love how people always complain about a $60 MSRP but when a game releases under the usual $60 MSRP, they're worried it's going to suck.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#20 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Glad to see a quality game getting a lower MSRP. Wish this was more common, but I'll take it where I can get it.

#21 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

I love how people always complain about a $60 MSRP but when a game releases under the usual $60 MSRP, they're worried it's going to suck.

When was the last time a major franchise returned with a budget price point? There's reason to be skeptical when you think about what titles this gen have launched at sub MSRP price

#22 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

With big names like Dead Space and Metal Gear coming out in February, a game like Sly needs an edge, so the lower price point isn't really that strange.

Of course, there's always a chance that the game just doesn't have the content that a fully priced retail game should have. Then again, neither do a lot of $60 games.

#23 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Why do people think because a new release starts off below the normal $60 price point it must suck somehow?

It's such a double edged sword for them. A lot of people will always be convinced that a game selling for $40 at release is somehow lower quality than the games that go from $60 to $40 in the first couple months.

Doesn't matter to some that Sony is planning on the lower price point (plus Cross Buy) to help them push a greater number of units out the door fast and increase revenue through volume.

KrebStar is absolutely right in pointing out that a large number of games we get these days are not worth the full $60 price tag.

Expect this trend of games selling at prices other than the usual MSRP of $60 at launch to continue....when Activision announces that the next Call of Duty game will be $80.

Edit: Wrong about my favorite game's price point at release. Was thinking about another game's release. The mystery continues.

Edited by Not Eric, 10 January 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#24 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

REALLY tempted to pre-order this now...

#25 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Because traditionally, that's exactly what it has meant. It doesn't help that Sony just pulled this with FFA, a game of dubious quality.

Put me in the camp that thinks 60 as msrp is reasonable for most and incredibly low for some games. The $60 price point has barely kept up with inflation.

#26 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

after playing the demo, this game literally feels like a ps2 game with all new graphics. there is nothing "next gen", or hell, even "current gen", about this game. I wouldn't pay more than 20$ for most ps2 games that I still want, and I wont pay any higher for this game either. The game is a great love letter to a series the devs clearly enjoyed very much. But without changing near anything in the gameplay department, they really shouldn't be asking for any more than 30$ at the most, and that's only because it's cross-buy.

#27 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

If you think 60 is fine and low for some games, i think you might be on the wrong site, lol.

#28 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

after playing the demo, this game literally feels like a ps2 game with all new graphics. there is nothing "next gen", or hell, even "current gen", about this game. I wouldn't pay more than 20$ for most ps2 games that I still want, and I wont pay any higher for this game either. The game is a great love letter to a series the devs clearly enjoyed very much. But without changing near anything in the gameplay department, they really shouldn't be asking for any more than 30$ at the most, and that's only because it's cross-buy.

Uhh, isn't that pretty much what this gen is? games with just better graphics?

#29 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

if you have seen the gameplay vids than you know that sony is taking care of this game. not to mention its not like this promo is at every retailer. im taking advantage of this pre order deal for sure !

Slightly off topic but why the hell does the demo of this game from the R&C collection not have any sound? I know it's not a headphone issue as I played the Ni No Kuni demo and hear all the XMB sounds fine but no matter how many times I rebooted the demo it never had sound.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#30 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

And we all know that if they changed the gameplay in any way, shape, or form that you would complain.

Slightly off topic but why the hell does the demo of this game from the R&C collection not have any sound? I know it's not a headphone issue as I played the Ni No Kuni demo and hear all the XMB sounds fine but no matter how many times I rebooted the demo it never had sound.

It does have sound. You got a bad download.