Borderlands GOTY Edition $20 on Gamestop and Amazon!

This price comes and goes. I thought it was the new "normal" price for a long time, then it jumped back up for a while, then went back down later.

That being said, I've had this for 360 for almost two years now and still haven't opened it. Should get on that.

[quote name='Scorch']I thought this was the retail price. I picked it up for $19.99 new at Gamestop in 2011.[/QUOTE]

Msrp is $29.99.

I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.

Knoxx is worth the $10 extra just with that. You won't get the full level increase w/o it. The zombie one and Claptrap are fine also. The Mad Moxxi one is absolutely terrible.

[quote name='gldoorii']I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.[/QUOTE]

The secret armory for general Knox or whatever was the best dlc for sure and u prolly wan mad moxxi's underdome riot for the extra bank storage. The other two I thought were kinda meh but general knoxxs was really really fun.

I would recommend buying borderlands 1 on XBL for $10, then borrow/rent borderlands GOTY for the 360 and use the second disc to download the DLC

Are all copies these days the one with the DLC on disc? I know at first a lot were the cruddy code. At least for the 360 version. I have this already but my cousin may want to pick one up

BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet? I still havent played BL2 yet because of it. They sure seem to be crapping out DLC at a good pace, i would hope theyve patched such a serious bug by now, but last time i checked it has not been patched

Great buy on Borderlands 1. If anyone is still on fence -- stall no longer -- go pick this up!

[quote name='Kenshindono']BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the bad ass point bug was fixed in the most recent patch.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Don't forget the PC version! The current Crazy Action Pack includes Borderlands GOTY, Duke Nukem Forever, and The Darkness II for only $9.99 (Borderlands GOTY PC by itself is $29.99):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091T6LFE/?tag=cheapassgam08-20
[/QUOTE]

That Desert to Sea Bundle looks good too.
Bioshock 1 & 2 and Spec Ops the Line for $10
http://www.amazon.com/Desert-to-Sea-Bundle-Download/dp/B0091T6FQO/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Also if you bought AC3 during the $33 deal. You have $3 promo credit for digital downloads which would be good for either bundle.

The game is amazing. I picked it up a month and a half ago and have been really enjoying it. I just entered the West Rust Commons or something named similar to that.
I bought a copy for next-to-nothing during a Blockbuster sale a while ago but never got into it. With Borderlands 2 getting hyped all year, I decided I wanted to play through the GotY collection so I got it.
I really wish I had nabbed a copy of the second game on BF to have ready for when I finish this, but I think I can wait for a BL2 GotY to come out.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']That being said, I've had this for 360 for almost two years now and still haven't opened it. Should get on that.[/QUOTE]

lol same here. :( Game looks great, I just can't seem to find the time to get into these longer games.

Can't believe Borderlands GOTY hasn't been $20 new as a standard price. I really wanted a physical copy of this but couldn't resist when it went on sale on Steam for $7.49. I had to bite at that price.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Are all copies these days the one with the DLC on disc? I know at first a lot were the cruddy code. At least for the 360 version. I have this already but my cousin may want to pick one up

BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet? I still havent played BL2 yet because of it. They sure seem to be crapping out DLC at a good pace, i would hope theyve patched such a serious bug by now, but last time i checked it has not been patched[/QUOTE]

If you mean the bug with the Badass Ranks, yes. That was patched in mid-December.

I think I might grab this. I've been thinking about getting BL1 again, and even though I have the DLC, I'd still like to have it all collected in one package. I need to finish 1, it's kind of the reason I stopped playing 2, since I felt like I skipped so much. Anyone else on here wanna run through BL1?

[quote name='blindinglights']Can't recommend this game enough.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I usually skip these games due to length but I got completely sucked in in early December and I'm STILL playing it nightly trying to level up and get through everything. I'm Level 47 right now about 1/2 way through my second playthrough so the end is in sight. $20 is a STEAL considering how much game there is and how much fun it is to play.

I got the GOTY version for FREE from a friend together with Skyrim. So... much... game... :cool:

I know I'll be picking up Borderlands 2 when that one hits $20.

[quote name='TommyLove']I would recommend buying borderlands 1 on XBL for $10, then borrow/rent borderlands GOTY for the 360 and use the second disc to download the DLC[/QUOTE]so you don't need the disc for the DLC except for the initial install?

[quote name='tribalnoise']so you don't need the disc for the DLC except for the initial install?[/QUOTE]

Correct! at least thats how it is on the 360, I dont know about the ps3 version.

[quote name='halokilla91']Correct! at least thats how it is on the 360, I dont know about the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]i actually have a sealed GOTY. does the disc just act as a download token? if i install the DLC, will i need the disc if i ever need to install the DLC again (new hard drive for example)? what i would like to do is sell my disc version of the game and just download it from XBL. i mean, if i can sell the game for $15 on CL i would be completely happy if i don't need it again.

is this also how red dead redemption game of the year works? is the DLC installable from the disc?

[quote name='halokilla91']Correct! at least thats how it is on the 360, I dont know about the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

PS3 is the same way - install DLC from disk, and then you can use a vanilla edition to play it, since the DLC just integrates itself into the game install files.

[quote name='tribalnoise']i actually have a sealed GOTY. does the disc just act as a download token? if i install the DLC, will i need the disc if i ever need to install the DLC again (new hard drive for example)? what i would like to do is sell my disc version of the game and just download it from XBL. i mean, if i can sell the game for $15 on CL i would be completely happy if i don't need it again.

is this also how red dead redemption game of the year works? is the DLC installable from the disc?[/QUOTE]

If you have the version of GOTY w/DLC on disc, you will need the GOTY disc if you ever need to re-install the DLC. It doesn't tie the DLC to your account in anyway.

Wow, thought it was cheaper for consoles by now. You could have gotten it for the PC for $4.99 (from amazon download) with a couple other games (with a $5 credit) but that ended yesterday.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Wow, thought it was cheaper for consoles by now. You could have gotten it for the PC for $4.99 (from amazon download) with a couple other games (with a $5 credit) but that ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Hard to believe $20 is a deal on consoles when I just bought a Steam key for the same game for only $3.

[quote name='Yamato']Yep. Hard to believe $20 is a deal on consoles when I just bought a Steam key for the same game for only $3.[/QUOTE]

There are bigger demands on console players. I know the PC community is vibrant and flourishing, it doesn't help that there are many people(including myself) who can't run it on their PC and don't have the money to buy a good desktop. Plus if you have friends(like I do) that only casually play on consoles, there's a higher amount of people willing to pay these prices.

Thanks TC. I was waiting for this to go cheap! I have the original but wanted the add on DLC so I was waiting for a deal like this. Then today I got a $5 reward zone cert. from BestBuy. I called them up to do a price match & they would not do it. I said why? She said we dont match video games! I said I did it in Dec. After a long back & forth with whoever the lady had to talk to, they did it.

Anyone else hear the Best Buy does not match video games? Oh and she said movies too!

Motherfucker. I looked for this last week and I swear it said used copies were $27.99 and new were $29.99.

I literally just paid $21.50 for this on eBay like 3 days ago, and mine is missing the map, but it's got the DLC on disc.

Oh well, it was either use Paypal or Gamestop credit. Just wish they'd have a B2G1 sale soon.

[quote name='tuffguycore']There are bigger demands on console players. I know the PC community is vibrant and flourishing, it doesn't help that there are many people(including myself) who can't run it on their PC and don't have the money to buy a good desktop. Plus if you have friends(like I do) that only casually play on consoles, there's a higher amount of people willing to pay these prices.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my friends are console-only. I'm just always surprised at the huge price difference between platforms.

[quote name='gldoorii']I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.[/QUOTE]

i personally find it much less fatiguin on the fingers...but xbox has a better community

[quote name='Yamato']I know exactly what you mean. Most of my friends are console-only. I'm just always surprised at the huge price difference between platforms.[/QUOTE]

It's the same with xbox live and psn games that get released on the pc via Steam. I buy them on steam for a mere fraction of what I had to pay for the console versions.

bread's done
Back