Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands GOTY Edition $20 on Gamestop and Amazon!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

finally got 100% on all borderlands. wootwoot. i hate those arena challenges!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#32 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

i actually have a sealed GOTY. does the disc just act as a download token? if i install the DLC, will i need the disc if i ever need to install the DLC again (new hard drive for example)? what i would like to do is sell my disc version of the game and just download it from XBL. i mean, if i can sell the game for $15 on CL i would be completely happy if i don't need it again.

is this also how red dead redemption game of the year works? is the DLC installable from the disc?

If you have the version of GOTY w/DLC on disc, you will need the GOTY disc if you ever need to re-install the DLC. It doesn't tie the DLC to your account in anyway.

#33 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Wow, thought it was cheaper for consoles by now. You could have gotten it for the PC for $4.99 (from amazon download) with a couple other games (with a $5 credit) but that ended yesterday.
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#34 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Wow, thought it was cheaper for consoles by now. You could have gotten it for the PC for $4.99 (from amazon download) with a couple other games (with a $5 credit) but that ended yesterday.

Yep. Hard to believe $20 is a deal on consoles when I just bought a Steam key for the same game for only $3.

#35 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yep. Hard to believe $20 is a deal on consoles when I just bought a Steam key for the same game for only $3.

There are bigger demands on console players. I know the PC community is vibrant and flourishing, it doesn't help that there are many people(including myself) who can't run it on their PC and don't have the money to buy a good desktop. Plus if you have friends(like I do) that only casually play on consoles, there's a higher amount of people willing to pay these prices.

#36 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Thanks TC. I was waiting for this to go cheap! I have the original but wanted the add on DLC so I was waiting for a deal like this. Then today I got a $5 reward zone cert. from BestBuy. I called them up to do a price match & they would not do it. I said why? She said we dont match video games! I said I did it in Dec. After a long back & forth with whoever the lady had to talk to, they did it.

Anyone else hear the Best Buy does not match video games? Oh and she said movies too!

#37 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Motherfucker. I looked for this last week and I swear it said used copies were $27.99 and new were $29.99.

I literally just paid $21.50 for this on eBay like 3 days ago, and mine is missing the map, but it's got the DLC on disc.

Oh well, it was either use Paypal or Gamestop credit. Just wish they'd have a B2G1 sale soon.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#38 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

So an Xbox 360 version of this is safe to buy used if my store has a copy?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#39 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

There are bigger demands on console players. I know the PC community is vibrant and flourishing, it doesn't help that there are many people(including myself) who can't run it on their PC and don't have the money to buy a good desktop. Plus if you have friends(like I do) that only casually play on consoles, there's a higher amount of people willing to pay these prices.

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my friends are console-only. I'm just always surprised at the huge price difference between platforms.

#40 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.

i personally find it much less fatiguin on the fingers...but xbox has a better community

#41 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my friends are console-only. I'm just always surprised at the huge price difference between platforms.

It's the same with xbox live and psn games that get released on the pc via Steam. I buy them on steam for a mere fraction of what I had to pay for the console versions.