Walking dead: going from digital to physical disc copy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Figured id ask here on the off chance anyone knew. Asked on the telltale forums but havent heard a response back yet

Im wondering if this will cause problems. I played the first 2 chapters of the digital version for the PS3. (had the first 2 chapters free from PS+) I liked the game so i bought a retail disc copy. I want to start playing that now but am not sure if it will cause any problems. Can i just put the disc in and start playing off my old save? Are the saves even compatible? Do i have to delete the digital version off the HD?

Anyone done this/know how this works? I hear this games kinda buggy and dont want to risk getting a corrupted save file, but i also dont want to start over
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Anyone done this/know how this works? I hear this games kinda buggy and dont want to risk getting a corrupted save file, but i also dont want to start over

Why dont you just back up your save? That should take care of that potential issue
Posted Image

#3 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

the choices you made in epi 1 and 2 have no real bearing on the later episodes. just play it.

EightBitArtist.png

#4 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

My son did something simular when the first episode was free on xbox live. He downloaded and played ep.1 as a digital copy then played the rest of the game from my disc copy and had no issues with his save. This was on the xbox tho. I would think you wouldn't have any issues but as the above poster said just back up your save.

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#5 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Figured id ask here on the off chance anyone knew. Asked on the telltale forums but havent heard a response back yet

Im wondering if this will cause problems. I played the first 2 chapters of the digital version for the PS3. (had the first 2 chapters free from PS+) I liked the game so i bought a retail disc copy. I want to start playing that now but am not sure if it will cause any problems. Can i just put the disc in and start playing off my old save? Are the saves even compatible? Do i have to delete the digital version off the HD?

I did the same thing. Played first two when it was free on PS+ and just finished off the game via disc. No problems.