Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $10 (PC Download Only) @ Ubisoft Store

Hrm, does Ubisoft still have that 'can only download for 30 days after purchase' policy? That turned me off from most direct-from Ubi purchases.

I also found that Ubi offered no help when I asked them about how to get access to the downloadable game I had purchased (Splinter Cell: Conviction). I believe their response was to just buy it again; they also lightly scolded me that I should've bought their extended download service. Way to support their former customers.

[quote name='zakai']Hrm, does Ubisoft still have that 'can only download for 30 days after purchase' policy? That turned me off from most direct-from Ubi purchases.

I also found that Ubi offered no help when I asked them about how to get access to the downloadable game I had purchased (Splinter Cell: Conviction). I believe their response was to just buy it again; they also lightly scolded me that I should've bought their extended download service. Way to support their former customers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all that was clear BS and bad policies. Since they launched UPlay, they've done away with that silly policy and the 30 day limit. I bought some of their games this summer and I can still access and DL them today.

That said, if you don't want to support them directly after the way they screwed you over before, it'd be very understandable!

Edit:
Also, if you still have your keys from the games you bought back then there is a small possibility you can get access to them still. Some CAG posted a workaround to add games to your UPlay account so it might work for you.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, all that was clear BS and bad policies. Since they launched UPlay, they've done away with that silly policy and the 30 day limit. I bought some of their games this summer and I can still access and DL them today.

That said, if you don't want to support them directly after the way they screwed you over before, it'd be very understandable!

Edit:
Also, if you still have your keys from the games you bought back then there is a small possibility you can get access to them still. Some CAG posted a workaround to add games to your UPlay account so it might work for you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip; will definitely look into that. :)

But yeah, the experience had definitely pushed me towards Steam when considering Ubisoft games these days. Haha. If they've changed it, then that's cool.

bread's done
Back