LOTR War in the North CE PS3@ GS $19.99

I am so kicking myself for buying this for $40 at amazon.
I enjoyed the game a lot, but beware of game breaking bugs, even after all patches. I ran into one.

Bought this at $40 last year, hated the game, traded it in when it was going for $14 at BB at the time, kept the CE stuff.

But $20 ain't so bad considering that's the price for the vanilla game.

'Course there's no PS3 copies nearby. I'd love to get my hands on this, finally; I've been looking for it, but not at the price they're going for on Amazon.

[quote name='Blaster man']I have the regular version sealed that I got for $10. Is this worth 20?[/QUOTE]
Compared to the cheap plastic statues that some CEs have, the "leather" quiver is definitely much better.

The CE originally cost $140, its a massive box with AWSOME physical extras in it, easily worth $20!!! So either trade in or sell urs, or keep the CE sealed and play the regular, but get either way. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

[quote name='TooPoor']Compared to the cheap plastic statues that some CEs have, the "leather" quiver is definitely much better.[/QUOTE]

Also has a ARTBOOK, extra 'leather' game case, and two fake arrows in the quiver.

^I forgot to mention, the map that unrolls from the arrows is a nice decorative piece to hang up. The artbook is meh.

Just opened one of mine, the two arrows are plastic but dont really feel cheap, they come in the quiver wrapped in a 'aged' cloth map (big map too) of middle earth tied with a bow, the leather is a nice feel, the artbook and game come inside the leather case on the front of the quiver, it has a little slide almost like a belt that you slide out before you can open the flap, game case says "collectors edition" and is sealed, artbooks same size as game case and is very nice.

[quote name='TooPoor']^I forgot to mention, the map that unrolls from the arrows is a nice decorative piece to hang up. The artbook is meh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the same with the map, and the artbook is an artbook nothing special, but still nice.

[quote name='rogus']I just got one from amazon warehouse deals for $19.49.[/QUOTE]

Hope u dont get shafted (heh arrow pun) and end up with a gutted one.

[quote name='TooPoor']I am so kicking myself for buying this for $40 at amazon.
I enjoyed the game a lot, but beware of game breaking bugs, even after all patches. I ran into one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah lol, I got stuck in Mirkwood which I think is about 75% or more through the game. After the patches I tried again and it still happened so I just gave up. Ignoring the bugs that didn't let you beat certain levels, the game was a great hack/slash co-op game.

[quote name='usagi']Yeah lol, I got stuck in Mirkwood which I think is about 75% or more through the game. After the patches I tried again and it still happened so I just gave up. Ignoring the bugs that didn't let you beat certain levels, the game was a great hack/slash co-op game.[/QUOTE]
I got stuck on Mirkwood too. My wife and I were pretty pissed.
I got past through it using the piggyback method.

When they mentioned "Mirkwood" in the Hobbit, my first thought was "that fucking Mirkwood glitch!"

I enjoyed the game a lot, but beware of game breaking bugs, even after all patches. I ran into one.[/QUOTE]

Ya know I heard A LOT of people complain that the game had some of these bugs but I played through it three times on Xbox and never had an issue. I just liked hitting the Y button as the Dorf... couldn't give it up. I have yet to play through it on PC but I intend to if I can get a band of merry mates.

Did anyone else get these for $19.99 at Best Buy when they were clearing them out last spring/summer? I ended up picking up one for each system.

[quote name='fortunado']Ya know I heard A LOT of people complain that the game had some of these bugs but I played through it three times on Xbox and never had an issue. I just liked hitting the Y button as the Dorf... couldn't give it up. I have yet to play through it on PC but I intend to if I can get a band of merry mates.[/QUOTE]
You definitely got lucky, I am usually very forgiving on glitches and stuff, but being unable to proceed is unacceptable.

[quote name='DarkMario616']One store by me has 3 of them.
Looks tempting for the quiver + map, but I don't have a 360 -_-.[/QUOTE]

Dump the game on ebay/craigslist then? You can always COLLECT the COLLECTORS EDITION too, $20 it's easily worth it.

Same.. bought it from GS for 40$..

[quote name='Desousa93']Same.. bought it from GS for 40$..[/QUOTE]
Ha, now it is the second worst game purchase decision in my CAG history.
First is buying Brink for $4.99

[quote name='TooPoor']Ha, now it is the second worst game purchase decision in my CAG history.
First is buying Brink for $4.99[/QUOTE]

Omg I still haven't opened my copy I got for $5. Still have no intention of opening it....

Picked up the X360 version at my local GS. My view is that $20 for some nice decorative props is worth it. That map is pretty bad ass, going to hang it somewhere :) Thanks Op!

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Bought a Xbox Version out of desperation, I want to trade for a PS3 copy[/QUOTE]

Cant you just go exchange the game at gs?

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Bought a Xbox Version out of desperation, I want to trade for a PS3 copy[/QUOTE]

Plan to keep it sealed or play? Because u can always dump the game itself for a ps3 version.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Reserved one for pickup at a Gamestop i haven't hit up yet for 50%/penny guides so maybe the trip will have a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Pooky, I too did a store pickup and they cancel it. So i went to that store and asked. They found it in the backstock. My store was listed online as "low stock" too. So if they cancel it, just go check in that store u chose pickup. If they say they dont have it, then demand to check. I had lazy GS people before. They should apologize when they were wrong, but never did.

[quote name='The Punisher']Pooky, I too did a store pickup and they cancel it. So i went to that store and asked. They found it in the backstock. My store was listed online as "low stock" too. So if they cancel it, just go check in that store u chose pickup. If they say they dont have it, then demand to check. I had lazy GS people before. They should apologize when they were wrong, but never did.[/QUOTE]

I got it, along with some other guides i wanted so it was a good trip for me

Big thanks to the OP. Got the last one in my town, according to the stock locator. Still had the $139.99 price tag (crossed out), then a big $79.99 price tag. I think it only survived because it was on one of those racks close to the ceiling. All factory sealed. The gf is a big LotR nut, so she'll love the quiver and map!

I actually caved and bought one too. I found like the only one in the area. Now if I could only get the stupid stickers all off it.

bread's done
Back