Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#271 MugenNoKaze

MugenNoKaze

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Aww, I would have bit but it's not at XL. Why the release it on a regular 3DS? :(

Step0nMee.png

#272 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Aww, I would have bit but it's not at XL. Why the release it on a regular 3DS? :(

Cause Japan got the same bundle (With some changes) when the game was released in japan last April, Long before the 3DSXL was even announced for release.

#273 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Is the XL really that much better than the regular 3DS?

I used to have a DSi and it was the perfect size for me. I switched over to the DSi XL when it came out and regretted it immediately. Games looked worse on it and the whole thing was just too big to carry around in my pocket (sold it because of this).

I also bought one of the first 3DS that came out and I though it was perfect (until I sold; didn't play with it). So would it be better for me to just stick with the regular 3DS or are the XL's so much better that I "have" to get it?

#274 htz

htz

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

I used to have a DSi and it was the perfect size for me. I switched over to the DSi XL when it came out and regretted it immediately. Games looked worse on it and the whole thing was just too big to carry around in my pocket (sold it because of this).

I also bought one of the first 3DS that came out and I though it was perfect (until I sold; didn't play with it). So would it be better for me to just stick with the regular 3DS or are the XL's so much better that I "have" to get it?

If the 3DS is perfect for your hands, then get the 3DS. Otherwise your going to experience the same thing on the DSi XL for the 3DS XL.

#275 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I would stick to the regular 3DS. I hated the DSiXL for the same reasons you did and the 3DS version is the exact same size.

#276 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

i like the regular 3DS because the audio is much better (i don't use headphones and not saying they are great either). the 3DSXL also tires my wrist over period the way I hold it (the comfortable position for me). I have both and play on the regular 3DS more.

XL does have a lot better battery on standby though, not sure of continuous playthrough

#277 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Yea, I usually don't put my ds in my pocket but the xl screen is just too big at the same res. I like the size of the regular 3ds.

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#278 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

i like the regular 3DS because the audio is much better (i don't use headphones and not saying they are great either). the 3DSXL also tires my wrist over period the way I hold it (the comfortable position for me). I have both and play on the regular 3DS more.

XL does have a lot better battery on standby though, not sure of continuous playthrough

I still can't hear a difference between the 3DS and the XL's speakers when they're both set to the correct sound config (e.g. stereo, as surround sounds muffled on both handhelds for me). Again, I have both. Do you?

...don't take me as an XL apologist, by the way. I just don't understand why people keep saying the sound is worse; I feel like it's false information that's spread through the internet and people who are ignorant (e.g. haven't had the chance to compare for themselves) take it as fact without question and spread it around, themselves.

I agree with the XL tiring my wrists as I play it for extended periods of time - that's something the 3DS never did. I would've assumed the larger system would be better for my large hands, but it's not. Go figure.

#279 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

I still can't hear a difference between the 3DS and the XL's speakers when they're both set to the correct sound config (e.g. stereo, as surround sounds muffled on both handhelds for me). Again, I have both. Do you?

...don't take me as an XL apologist, by the way. I just don't understand why people keep saying the sound is worse; I feel like it's false information that's spread through the internet and people who are ignorant (e.g. haven't had the chance to compare for themselves) take it as fact without question and spread it around, themselves.

I agree with the XL tiring my wrists as I play it for extended periods of time - that's something the 3DS never did. I would've assumed the larger system would be better for my large hands, but it's not. Go figure.

This, I notice NO difference at all. They sound just as good to me as the 3DS's, the XL has no flaws that would make an Phat worth buying over it, unless its just the size issue. (Which is understandable, the XL just feels better for me than the 3DS ever did).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#280 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Question to those of you with 3DS' and XL's, have you noticed any difference in the screen brightness and/or hue/color other screen?

#281 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#282 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

it's noticable for me and in fact nintendo of Japan, Iwata himself said that they had to sacrifice speaker quality in one of their talk with iwata interviews right around the 3DSXL release. it was on nintendo of japan website. I posted the link to few sites to prove myself when I claimed such thing when LL came out in Japan. LL also has a weaker output of volume too.

It may not be noticable for you but I am able to tell the difference for me where I prefer 3DS because of it (aside other points).

#283 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

The only difference I've been able to notice is that the XL's speakers are slightly quieter. I've heard many people say that their speakers crackle at high volume or that the sounds are washed out, which hasn't happened with any game I've tried.

Who knows, maybe I'm losing my hearing in my old age.

#284 ImpurePhoen1x

ImpurePhoen1x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I'm torn between this or an XL, can anyone give me the merits between the two?
Posted Image

#285 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm torn between this or an XL, can anyone give me the merits between the two?

I plan to buy both this FE 3DS bundle and a hard copy of the game to show my love and support for such a great franchise. It has been confirmed that this game will offer dual-audio language option (English & orig. Japanese voices), so I am super excited now. I would personally wait for a special edition XL ... the regular sized 3DS works fine if you intend to just play 3DS games with it.

My 61st Lowball Sale is NOW OPEN  FOR BIDS.  $1 can reward you with tons of goodies! [Ends 10/6] 

animePSP2.jpg

#286 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)

Hmmm, I'd heard at the same level of brightness the XL was dimmer, is this not th norm?

#287 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Can I preorder this bundle at gs and get the art book?

#288 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm also planning to buy both the FE 3DS bundle and the regular boxed version (already have it paid off) as I have really enjoyed the series. Part of me is that horder/collector type and I just simply want the damn thing :) i already need to have another 3DS in my household for my wife for Pokemon X/Pokemon Y and Monster Hunter so why not (plus I just found a clean used Circle Pad Pro at a local GS as well....)
Posted Image

#289 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

It looks like an XL from the pics provided.

fs_overall.png

#290 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's not.

#291 zyk

zyk

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

They have an XL in the pictures, but the actual bundle is just the regular 3DS. Poor marketing lol

#292 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

^THIS. So much THIS.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#293 Aleth

Aleth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Just preordered it... Now I'm broke XD

#294 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Can you use an SD card and transfer over your games you bought from club Nintendo and or ambassador games and link it to this 3ds?

#295 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Just preordered it... Now I'm broke XD

Damn, didn't realize that had this up for preorder already, thanks!

#296 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

$199.99?

What a bunch of dummies...

that being said it'll still sell well but not sure if I want it and like a slut I almost never say no

#297 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Can you use an SD card and transfer over your games you bought from club Nintendo and or ambassador games and link it to this 3ds?

You'd have to do a complete system memory transfer which transfers everything you have saved on your old 3DS to the new 3DS, but it wipes the memory clean on the original one after its done.

#298 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Is this available for pre-order in store also?

#299 Dozens

Dozens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Is this available for pre-order in store also?

Yes.

#300 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

i already have a 3ds xl.. i already have a 3ds xl.. whatever preordering on gamestop online FIRE EMBLEM!