Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#301 mirai

mirai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I plan to buy both this FE 3DS bundle and a hard copy of the game to show my love and support for such a great franchise. It has been confirmed that this game will offer dual-audio language option (English & orig. Japanese voices), so I am super excited now. I would personally wait for a special edition XL ... the regular sized 3DS works fine if you intend to just play 3DS games with it.

no dual text language?:cry:
still don't want to spend $$$$$ to get the imported japanese bundle

#302 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

As pumped as I was for this bundle I think I'm going to pass now. It definitely looks sweet but I want an XL. I considered buying this and getting an XL later but I decided against it. I'll probably change my mind again and again though so who knows.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#303 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I''m going to buy it and keep it seal, then sell it later for more money !

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#304 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

i don't know how it is in the USA market place but Japanese LE 3DS doesn't go up that high...maybe because they got so many freaking Limited Edition versions...but most are still around 300-350ish, while Miku Vita is 600ish....

#305 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Just a heads up/reminder for anyone interested: the demo for the game is out in the eshop today. I'm playing it right now and enjoying it so far. Can't wait to have the full game.

#306 Dozens

Dozens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

The Gamestop listing now shows that the art book is being included with preorders for the console bundle too.

http://www.gamestop....g-bundle/107660

#307 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'll take it there's no free shipping code for consoles online? At least, I couldn't find any.
MGO: LiquidCake

#308 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'll take it there's no free shipping code for consoles online? At least, I couldn't find any.

I checked out their shipping prices and they're pretty cheap to be honest. 1-Day Shipping costs $9.99 which is a huge bargain compared to other sites. It does however state that it'll take one business day to process though.

#309 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

is any other store getting the bundle, or is it just gamestop?

#310 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I''m going to buy it and keep it seal, then sell it later for more money !

highly doubt they fetch that much years from now..the zelda what grabs 300 when they cost 200 years ago
WOOOO I STINK

#311 kaiyouske

kaiyouske

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about how this game doesn't look nearly as bad as most other 3DS games on the XL. The game actually looks quite beautiful on a 3DS XL.

Having said that, I'm still going to get the console and the physical game. :)
-kaiyouske

#312 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Just a heads up/reminder for anyone interested: the demo for the game is out in the eshop today. I'm playing it right now and enjoying it so far. Can't wait to have the full game.

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to try this out.

#313 Triplicity

Triplicity

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

As far as brightness goes, I think the XL's just feels more vibrant to me. As far as hue goes, mine had a yellow hue for like the first week or two but it was only noticeable on white screens. (It went away after a bit of playtime)

I just got my 3DS XL in the mail and was fiddling around with how FUTURE it is to me (having used a DS Lite for years); I'm pretty sure that orange-yellow tint is from the power-saving mode in brightness that lowers the brightness/color temperature of the screen, similar to f.lux for computers.
Posted Image

#314 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

If it was an XL, then I would have ordered this in a heartbeat. I actually think it was a very smart move on Nintendo's part to keep it a regular 3DS from a money making perspective though. The manufacturing process should be nearly identical as the Japanese one and they can easily move some original 3DS at a premium.

*sigh*

#315 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Already pre ordered this and the game for day one at Gamestop.
Two books is cool. I'll just get an XL when Pokemon comes out and they release a 3DS XL then.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#316 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Still only at gamestop?! BAHHHH

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#317 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Still only at gamestop?! BAHHHH

I've been holding out in hopes that it'll pop up at Best Buy or even another store, but I'm about to just go with Gamestop if nothing new develops by tomorrow. Can't miss out.

#318 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Already pre ordered this and the game for day one at Gamestop.
Two books is cool. I'll just get an XL when Pokemon comes out and they release a 3DS XL then.

...the 3DS bundle comes with the game.

oIi9lub.png

#319 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'm assuming he/she wants a physical copy, as well. That's what I'm doing, since I'm a rabid Fire Emblem fan.

...don't judge me.

#320 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

I just got my 3DS XL in the mail and was fiddling around with how FUTURE it is to me (having used a DS Lite for years); I'm pretty sure that orange-yellow tint is from the power-saving mode in brightness that lowers the brightness/color temperature of the screen, similar to f.lux for computers.

Nope not power saving. Lots of people had that gripe around launch, apparently it had something to do with the glue or something used in the top screen not being fully dry yet. I'm pretty sure Nintendo even commented on it at some point saying it wasnt an issue.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#321 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

I got around to playing the demo and damn was it good! Can't wait to play my first FE game!

Even though I love the look of this 3DS I still think I'll prefer getting the purple 3DS and a Physical copy of FE.

#322 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

If anyone is looking for a more complete artbook of the game, there was one released in Japan as shown here. The artbook is a whopping 319 pages and includes information & characters from the DLC as well.

I'm hoping that Nintendo will see fit to release it in the US ala Hyrule Historia, but tracking this down in its original Japanese form just might be essential (Cheap Ass or not!)
Posted Image

#323 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I think it's overpriced, especially since all bundled games come preloaded now. The Zelda bundle was not preloaded apparently. The Mario bundles this holiday season were the same price as the regular 3DS giving people an incentive to buy that over the regular. If this was $169 it would have been better. If it included the full hard copy game with case again I would have no problem. You also lose your digital games if your system gets stolen, lost or broken. Looks like the 3DS is on sale at BB soon for $150 and there is the black system on clearance at Sears for $150 if you can't find the red one for $99. With the $150 price you could buy the system and the physical game for less than the bundle provided you do not have to have the special edition system.

It's personal preference but I think the blue color is hideous and ugly and I wouldn't want a system in that color regardless, this just looks like the blue system with a decal slapped on it though I haven't seen an up close image yet or an image of the real system.

#324 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Up at Newegg; shipping is $8.26 and you can't use ShopRunner on preorders, but if you're in a state that Newegg doesn't charge tax to it's probably cheaper than GameStop (although you wouldn't get the artbook). Can't use Bill Me Later or PayPal on preorders, either.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868100134

#325 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I wonder if that means Best Buy could end up with it, too. I could use Newegg and avoid paying tax, but I went with a local Gamestop store instead (thanks to the artbook + not having to pay/wait for shipping - not to mention it was the only place with the bundle listed at the time, i.e. this morning).

It helps that one of the few employees I like (he's helped me out with a few orders in the past, and once let me exchange my disc-only online copy of the Zelda Collection for a complete one in-store) was there today and evidently moved to that store. You see, if the employees are actually friendly and go out of their way to help me out even when they aren't required to, I'm more inclined to throw my money at them (take notes, Gamestop!).

#326 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I think it's overpriced, especially since all bundled games come preloaded now. The Zelda bundle was not preloaded apparently. The Mario bundles this holiday season were the same price as the regular 3DS giving people an incentive to buy that over the regular. If this was $169 it would have been better. If it included the full hard copy game with case again I would have no problem. You also lose your digital games if your system gets stolen, lost or broken. Looks like the 3DS is on sale at BB soon for $150 and there is the black system on clearance at Sears for $150 if you can't find the red one for $99. With the $150 price you could buy the system and the physical game for less than the bundle provided you do not have to have the special edition system.

It's personal preference but I think the blue color is hideous and ugly and I wouldn't want a system in that color regardless, this just looks like the blue system with a decal slapped on it though I haven't seen an up close image yet or an image of the real system.

I pretty much agree with the color. I don't exactly think its ugly, but I would prefer something with a bit of a different color, which is why I think I'm gonna get the purple 3DS and a physical copy of FE. Blue kinda feels to basic for SE. I don't know why this came to me, but a rustic/burnt orange 3DS would've looked epic with the dragon and sword emblem.

#327 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yeah a special edition system deserves a special color, I know the Zelda system was only black but it looked great with the gold accents. I would also like to see the white/black 3DS in the USA. A lot more people would buy It if it was a different color than just a standard one. Also they need to make a Gold 3DS!

#328 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yeah a special edition system deserves a special color, I know the Zelda system was only black but it looked great with the gold accents. I would also like to see the white/black 3DS in the USA. A lot more people would buy It if it was a different color than just a standard one. Also they need to make a Gold 3DS!

The Fire Emblem 3DS is not a standard color, it's cobalt blue. The standard 3DS color was Aqua Blue. It's darker and way better looking. It's a shame it's $200 I would of gotten it if it was lower.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#329 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

Anyways, contrary to these two detractors, I think the color is very nice looking and very original. Here is an unboxing of the Japanese version that shows just how nice (and different) the blue looks on this particular version.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E&ei=Evb5UOGPHeGe2QXiwoDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFWphS4YdxaQv4Np1UUL_hzYJjTTQ&sig2=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I

#330 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

if the color on that video is true, then i like that blue a lot more than the color of my mario kart 3ds xl one.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade