Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#331 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Yes, the MSRP is $169.99 at this time, not counting deals.
New 3DS games are $39.99 at this time.
Making it $209.98, so at $199.99 is a steal.

I agree with SteveGo, that some CAGs and most 3DS gamers are turning in to whiners.
CAn we just be happy we even get a 3DS collectors edition bundle? Be happy that NoA decided to give us a nice bundle instead of just the game an a art book.

It's a 3DS and not a 3DS XL is because it came out in Japan before the 3DS XL, so we are getting what they got in Japan. Just be happy and if you don't like it just move on.
I thought this site was a site for talking about deals and not complaining about a deal and not getting a 3DS XL, it not being a better color, downloadable game? Just sound whiney alot lately.

Rant done.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#332 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

Anyways, contrary to these two detractors, I think the color is very nice looking and very original. Here is an unboxing of the Japanese version that shows just how nice (and different) the blue looks on this particular version.

Thank you! This exactly. I love this new shade of blue and I think the design on it is extremely beautiful. For $200 I can get a beautiful 3DS and an awesome original game that I've never played ? (I've never played any of the Fire Emblem games)

This is why I'm buying one (well that and I sold my original 3DS like over a year ago).

#333 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

You have got to be one of the most cynical people to post here on CAG. Most of your posts are composed of you complaing about one thing or another, and as in this case, usually over something unfounded or trivial.

Anyways, contrary to these two detractors, I think the color is very nice looking and very original. Here is an unboxing of the Japanese version that shows just how nice (and different) the blue looks on this particular version.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E&ei=Evb5UOGPHeGe2QXiwoDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFWphS4YdxaQv4Np1UUL_hzYJjTTQ&sig2=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I

thanks for the video,the bundle does like nice. i been following this thread since i wanted to pick up a 3ds for rpgs. the vita good, but the lack of rpgs makes me sad. think am going get the mario xl bundle an buy fire emblem an etrian odyssey IV on the side, should keep me busy till find more rpgs for 3ds/ds cheap
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#334 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzTgLBX71E&ei=Evb5UOGPHeGe2QXiwoDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFWphS4YdxaQv4Np1UUL_hzYJjTTQ&sig2=rSS6sBN-E5g_GVsW_bkBOg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I

Was that a physical copy of Fire Emblem in the box?

#335 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

I agree with SteveGo, that some CAGs and most 3DS gamers are turning in to whiners.
CAn we just be happy we even get a 3DS collectors edition bundle? Be happy that NoA decided to give us a nice bundle instead of just the game an a art book.

It's a 3DS and not a 3DS XL is because it came out in Japan before the 3DS XL, so we are getting what they got in Japan. Just be happy and if you don't like it just move on.
I thought this site was a site for talking about deals and not complaining about a deal and not getting a 3DS XL, it not being a better color, downloadable game? Just sound whiney alot lately.

Rant done.

5% off for a preinstalled copy. A real steal.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#336 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Was that a physical copy of Fire Emblem in the box?

The bundle in japan had physical copies.

#337 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

dang, the Japanese still get charging cradles and they get physical copies of the games.

wtf NoA?!?!?!?!

#338 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Well, to be fair, the bundle was released last year for them. That explains the cradle, but I suppose not the digital copy. Nintendo wasn't pushing the digital thing nearly as much back then, though, were they?

I personally think it's a bad move, but what can you do?

#339 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868100134
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping.

#340 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Pretty much what I don't like about the price. Nintendo didn't even have to waste more money including the game. So why is it price higher?
I know I've whined about the price but I'm thankful it came here actually.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#341 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

OR perhaps you should look at it as 25% off a preinstalled copy and you get the free Fire Emblem art on the 3ds for free? See? We can all make up numbers too!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#342 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

OR perhaps you should look at it as 25% off a preinstalled copy and you get the free Fire Emblem art on the 3ds for free? See? We can all make up numbers too!

You applied the discount to the cheapest item I applied it to the total price but I'm the one misrepresenting the "deal." Got it!

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#343 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Rant done.

To be fair, whining is what got us the PC version of Dark Souls and Pandora's Tower.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#344 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868100134
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping.

This really makes me hope that Best Buy gets this bundle as well. I have $30 in Rewards certificates to use for them and don't know what to buy.

Since the normal DS is discounted starting next week, I was thinking of using the money towards that and probably save ~$50 by buying that and a physical copy of Fire Emblem rather than the bundle.

Though I still don't know if I actually want a 3DS. As someones mentioned a few posts ago, I was thinking of getting one mainly for RPGs (JRPGs at that). But man, my gaming time just isn't what it used to be when I was younger. Not sure if I should spend money on a handheld system that would get used only every now and then.

#345 GatekeeperLamb

GatekeeperLamb

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'd say don't pull the trigger yet, considering how lackluster the multimedia features have been for almost 2 years. You'll be left with a games-machine only, and if you don't have time then that would be bad.

#346 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd say don't pull the trigger yet, considering how lackluster the multimedia features have been for almost 2 years. You'll be left with a games-machine only, and if you don't have time then that would be bad.

That's what I've been leaning towards to at the moment. But to be perfectly honest, I keep flip flopping every single day. Yesterday I really wanted a 3DS. Today, I'm rationalizing to myself that it just wouldn't be worth it for the few games that I'm interested in (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default...although the latter hasn't even been announced for localization). I've only had an Xbox for this generation, so my JRPG itch has been present for awhile. Although I just recently got a Wii this past December and immediately bought Xenoblade, The Last Story, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, and with the recent announcement of Pandora's Tower being localized, probably will be getting that. I figure all of those games will fill that JRPG itch that I have. Currently have only started Xenoblade and ~25 hours in.

Haha, now that I see all of that typed out, I'm leaning more towards just not getting a 3DS.

#347 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

That's what I've been leaning towards to at the moment. But to be perfectly honest, I keep flip flopping every single day. Yesterday I really wanted a 3DS. Today, I'm rationalizing to myself that it just wouldn't be worth it for the few games that I'm interested in (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default...although the latter hasn't even been announced for localization). I've only had an Xbox for this generation, so my JRPG itch has been present for awhile. Although I just recently got a Wii this past December and immediately bought Xenoblade, The Last Story, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, and with the recent announcement of Pandora's Tower being localized, probably will be getting that. I figure all of those games will fill that JRPG itch that I have. Currently have only started Xenoblade and ~25 hours in.

Haha, now that I see all of that typed out, I'm leaning more towards just not getting a 3DS.

You could always just buy the game now, and get a 3ds later when it is under 100 to get or when you have more time to play.

#348 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've had one since launch but have been focusing on my PS3 for the most part. I'm greatly excited for Fire Emblem and KH3D IS FANTASTIC. I'd highly recommend Devil Survivor Overclocked and Tales of the Abyss if you are looking for RPGs. Then we have Soul Hackers , Shin Megami Tensei IV , Dragon Quest VII (remake) , Pokémon X&Y and the hinted at Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked to please us. This year seems like it's going to be an awesome year for RPG lovers.

#349 GatekeeperLamb

GatekeeperLamb

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Can I add something to the cause? I find JRPGs particularly excruciating in a portable gaming machine, most of them. I feel like text-heavy games should be played comfortably on a couch, without holding the screen in your face and hurting my neck.
I think the 3DS is better suited for short, pickup gaming experiences .. and Pokemon.

#350 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for your two cents, everyone! I appreciate the advice.

@zeke: I typically don't buy games without owning the system. Unless you're a collector or a flipper, I personally don't see a reason to own the game without the system. What if I don't even get the system? You could argue that Fire Emblem is a game that if kept sealed would probably rise in price and you could flip for a nice profit if I don't end up getting the 3DS. Hmm.....we'll see. Probably not an option I'd pursure.

@Mulder: Good lists of JRPGs right there. I wouldn't be interested in Abyss since I pretty much beat it 100% on the PS2. But Overclocked was something I was looking into since I like the SMT series. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver on the GBA, so its been awhile for me. Not sure about X/Y.

@GateKeeper: That's a good point. I do like to relax on the couch and watch the big screen. The last JRPG that I thoroughly played on the handheld was Golden Sun for the GBA. As you can tell, GBA is the last handheld I ever owned.

Anyway, we'll see what I end up doing. Haha, I don't even know myself. I currently have a preorder on the bundle at Gamestop, but with the 3DS sale at Best Buy next week with my $30 reward zone credit, it would behoove me (and the CAG in me) to get the 3DS at BB.

#351 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

This really makes me hope that Best Buy gets this bundle as well. I have $30 in Rewards certificates to use for them and don't know what to buy.

Since the normal DS is discounted starting next week, I was thinking of using the money towards that and probably save ~$50 by buying that and a physical copy of Fire Emblem rather than the bundle.

Though I still don't know if I actually want a 3DS. As someones mentioned a few posts ago, I was thinking of getting one mainly for RPGs (JRPGs at that). But man, my gaming time just isn't what it used to be when I was younger. Not sure if I should spend money on a handheld system that would get used only every now and then.

Just a heads up, you have fire emblem, etrain odyssey, monster hunter, luigis mansion, and castlevania all coming by the end of march. This is what made me decide to get a 3DS.

#352 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Gave in to temptations and pre-ordered one at Gamestop this afternoon, even though i already have a 3DS XL.
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#353 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

For what it's worth to anyone considering it, I've had a regular 3ds since late 2011, for those of you who don't know there was an issue with the 3ds where the ridges on the side of the bottom screen pushed on the top screen when closed. I put a full top screen protector on mine as soon as I got it, and while the screen underneath is probably fine, the pressure on the screen protector has caused it to bubble and get all effed up, now you can barely see the screen through it, I'm gonna have to put a new one on at some point. I don't think they ever addressed this, except in the XL.

I would never buy another regular 3ds. If you do, you really have three options. 1.Put a cloth between the screens every time you close it. 2. Glue some kind of rubber stoppers on it to hold the screens apart. Or 3. Install only a screen protector, which as I said, will basically be destroyed by the constant pressure, needing to be replaced regularly. Otherwise, I'm sure your screen would be destroyed. I'm hoping to ditch this one soon for an XL.

Apparently your comment was so full of rage and anger that you immediately fell asleep. That's a new level of rage.

#354 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

@GateKeeper: That's a good point. I do like to relax on the couch and watch the big screen. The last JRPG that I thoroughly played on the handheld was Golden Sun for the GBA. As you can tell, GBA is the last handheld I ever owned.

If GBA was the last handheld you owned, don't forget that the 3DS is backwards compatible for DS games so you have access to the whole DS catalogue of titles too. That was a big tipping point for me in getting a 3DS because I never had a DS either - as soon as I knew that the old NES Dragon Warrior/Quest games had been re-released on DS and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was on 3DS, I was sold :lol: OoT is actually the only 3DS game that I own - the rest of my games are all DS (DQ series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and Final Fantasy series) and virtual console games (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Punch Out!, Legend of Zelda, LoZ 2, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Metroid, etc.). It's nice to be able to play the games that I loved growing up without having to pull out the old NES again, and a lot of the virtual console games I got for free with Club Nintendo points.

Personally, I'm pre-ordering this bundle and will do a system swap with my old black 3DS, then trade it in. I love the Fire Emblem series, and I've been wanting this 3DS ever since I saw the pictures of it when it released in Japan.

#355 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

For what it's worth to anyone considering it, I've had a regular 3ds since late 2011, for those of you who don't know there was an issue with the 3ds where the ridges on the side of the bottom screen pushed on the top screen when closed. I put a full top screen protector on mine as soon as I got it, and while the screen underneath is probably fine, the pressure on the screen protector has caused it to bubble and get all effed up, now you can barely see the screen through it, I'm gonna have to put a new one on at some point. I don't think they ever addressed this, except in the XL.

I would never buy another regular 3ds. If you do, you really have three options. 1.Put a cloth between the screens every time you close it. 2. Glue some kind of rubber stoppers on it to hold the screens apart. Or 3. Install only a screen protector, which as I said, will basically be destroyed by the constant pressure, needing to be replaced regularly. Otherwise, I'm sure your screen would be destroyed. I'm hoping to ditch this one soon for an XL.

Yeah I hated that design flaw of the normal 3ds. Was a huge overlook by Nintendo. I do love the look of the Fire Emblem unit, but not being an XL is a no go for me. Once you go XL you never go back. I'm sure down the road they'll have some special XL come around in some form or another.

#356 mj1984

mj1984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I've had a 3DS since launch, and my screen is pristine with no aftermarket garbage "protectors" on it. Nothing lasts forever, and I'm sure 10 yrs down the road there may be marks on screen from closing it so many times. But I would never accelerate the process of screen damage by placing a piece of adhesive plastic over the screen, or even worse, gluing rubber stoppers onto it.

#357 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

I've had a 3DS since launch, and my screen is pristine with no aftermarket garbage "protectors" on it. Nothing lasts forever, and I'm sure 10 yrs down the road there may be marks on screen from closing it so many times. But I would never accelerate the process of screen damage by placing a piece of adhesive plastic over the screen, or even worse, gluing rubber stoppers onto it.

I'm pretty sure 3DS screen protectors adhere with static so there's no risk of damage. I have never had a single issue with any screen protector as far as "adhesive" goes.

uc.png

#358 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

I'm pretty sure 3DS screen protectors adhere with static so there's no risk of damage. I have never had a single issue with any screen protector as far as "adhesive" goes.

Me either. My ds lite screen protector started to look kind of gross after 4+ years, took it off and didnt see any residue left behind.

#359 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I don't own a 3DS but I want one. All of the different opinions are making it hard to decide the route to take. I have never played Fire Emblem but I am a fan of strategy games and I have played and love Advance Wars. I don't know which way to go. Someone give me a push in a direction.

#360 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

I don't own a 3DS but I want one. All of the different opinions are making it hard to decide the route to take. I have never played Fire Emblem but I am a fan of strategy games and I have played and love Advance Wars. I don't know which way to go. Someone give me a push in a direction.

Biggest push I can think of is to tell you to go to a store and check out the size difference between the two. I have a Zelda 3ds,and am very happy with that, but I can see why people love the XL. Honestly, if I had a plain one I'd have traded it in towards an XL last year, but the fact that it's a freaking Zelda 3ds says it stays forever.