Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#391 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

What the 5th?
Bullcrappy.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#392 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I got confirmation from kyle @ BB that best buy won't be carrying the fire emblem 3ds.

Omg, no. Did he say why?

This is upsetting, but oh well. :(

#393 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Aw man, so no hope confirmed for BBY? I guess I gotta trudge along to Gamestop...

#394 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

So gamestop is the only major retailer carry this? If BBY isnt getting this than Target and Walmart probably wont get it either.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#395 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

If Newegg is carrying it, then GameStop doesn't have an exclusivity hold on it, so the guys in charge of marketing the gaming side of Best Buy are flopzorz.

Unless, of course, GameStop has a brick and mortar exclusivity hold which could be the case due to the Game Informer page, then I guess it's understandable.

Edited by Nintendonly, 21 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#396 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

If Newegg and Amazon are carrying it, then GameStop doesn't have an exclusivity hold on it, so the guys in charge of marketing the gaming side of Best Buy are flopzorz.

Unless, of course, GameStop has a brick and mortar exclusivity hold which could be the case due to the Game Informer page, then I guess it's understandable.

I can promise you that amazon is not carrying the special edition 3ds

#397 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I can promise you that amazon is not carrying the special edition 3ds

Fu~ I forgot they don't sell Nintendo hardware PERIOD, and I even responded to that very same situation earlier in the thread. 4 hours of sleep is awesome!

EDIT: That post was edited to remove utter stupidity.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#398 htz

htz

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Omg, no. Did he say why?

This is upsetting, but oh well. :(

That's all he wrote.

#399 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

That's all he wrote.

Thanks. Well, GameStop it is then! 8-)

#400 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

There's 3 colors for the XL out.

Two, actually. The Pink/White was for the holidays only.

oIi9lub.png

#401 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Two, actually. The Pink/White was for the holidays only.

Where was this stated?

Either way, it's still easy to find.

#402 momotenshi

momotenshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Just got back from pre-odering the bundle, and my GameStop said pick-up had been shifted to the 5th.

Hopefully, it's just the FE bundle that's being delayed by a day not the actually physical game considering most who get the FE bundle will just keep it sealed for collector's purpose. Looks like the physical game is suppose to be out in stores on 2/04 according to this FE commerial.
The *REAL* reason King Koopa kidnaps Princess Peach? Find out...
Spoiler

#403 doggyflewaway

doggyflewaway

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

This game isn't popular enough to have a "street date" which is the earliest possible day retailers are allowed to sell a game. The Feb 4 date is a "ship date" which is the day the games leave the warehouses to the physical stores. In most cases, the stores won't actually stock the games until the next day, in this case the 5th. That is probably what your Gamestop meant. Don't expect to walk into your Gamestop on Monday and have it in stock. Be sure to call ahead.

#404 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

It's apparently a lot more popular than Nintendo expected it to be, though. Not only does Amazon have that potential delay notice up, GameStop's entirely removed the game from their site, although the bundle is still up for purchase.

#405 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Dammit, hope they dont take in-store preorders down before I get there tomorrow. Wanted to pre-order the standard when I picked up Ni No Kuni
Posted ImagePosted Image

#406 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Dammit, hope they dont take in-store preorders down before I get there tomorrow. Wanted to pre-order the standard when I picked up Ni No Kuni

Sometimes store and online allotments are different.

#407 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yeah thats what I'm hoping. That or its an error with the release date or something, the in-store tracker is showing up despite it not being out yet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#408 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

It's apparently a lot more popular than Nintendo expected it to be, though. Not only does Amazon have that potential delay notice up, GameStop's entirely removed the game from their site, although the bundle is still up for purchase.

Are you sure?

http://www.gamestop....16k-fire emblem
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#409 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

doing the same tomorrow.

#410 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

so are these actually going to be rare? I really want to get an XL instead but it will be pretty cool to know that I have one of the few available.

I have yet to come across a Nintendo LE system that isn't limited.

#411 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Yeah thats what I'm hoping. That or its an error with the release date or something, the in-store tracker is showing up despite it not being out yet.

Fwiw I was able to preorder the game late this afternoon when I went to pay off ni no kuni so I could pick up my steel book early. I'd be surprised if you couldn't preorder it in store tomorrow.

#412 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I'm just guessing its either a temporary thing so they don't have too many pending orders (If there is a shipping delay), or its actually an error.

Worst comes to worst and I'll just pre-order at Best Buy, want that artbook though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#413 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I have yet to come across a Nintendo LE system that isn't limited.

I wish i could get a zelda 3ds

#414 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Fwiw I was able to preorder the game late this afternoon when I went to pay off ni no kuni so I could pick up my steel book early. I'd be surprised if you couldn't preorder it in store tomorrow.

Same, I preordered the game earlier today no problem and the cashier told me I should still get an art book FWIW. I don't even have a 3DS yet but my wife wants the art book and it will never be cheaper than on launch day.

uc.png

#415 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I wish i could get a zelda 3ds

It is indeed beautiful and the FE LE is equally tempting. I actually find LE 3DS (Except the mario flame 3DS) far nicer than the LE 3DS XL so far.

Edit:
Memory is playing tricks on me. I thought the Mario Red Flame 3DS had an actual flame but google tells me otherwise.

#416 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

It is indeed beautiful and the FE LE is equally tempting. I actually find LE 3DS (Except the mario flame 3DS) far nicer than the LE 3DS XL so far.

I agree. Wonder why they cant offer it too on the XL.

Im debating on the fire emblem 3ds. (big fan. First FE was on gameboy sp, then on gamecube)

#417 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Are you sure?

http://www.gamestop....16k-fire emblem

Well, the good news is that it shows up in that search now. The bad news is that they're still not taking orders on it.

#418 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Where was this stated?

Either way, it's still easy to find.

I don't see it listed on the Nintendo 3DS website, do you?

Also a customer service rep from Nintendo confirmed it.

oIi9lub.png

#419 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Guys help me out, does the GameStop pre-order charge you right away? I want to pre-order but won't have the funds till Friday for sure. I just want to secure a copy before it gets pulled or something.

#420 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

I agree. Wonder why they cant offer it too on the XL.

Im debating on the fire emblem 3ds. (big fan. First FE was on gameboy sp, then on gamecube)

If you don't mind that it's a 3DS and not a XL, then I strongly recommend you get it. While the picture of the Zelda 3DS looks nice, it looks a lot better when you hold it in your hand. As much as I hate glossy surface, in this case, it adds to the beauty and I suspect it's the same with the FE. It's not the same if it was matte.

As for why NoA doesn't bring over the Pokemon 3DS XL, I don't know but they are probably going to launch it with the new pokemon games.