Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#421 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

If you don't mind that it's a 3DS and not a XL, then I strongly recommend you get it. While the picture of the Zelda 3DS looks nice, it looks a lot better when you hold it in your hand. As much as I hate glossy surface, in this case, it adds to the beauty and I suspect it's the same with the FE. It's not the same if it was matte.

As for why NoA doesn't bring over the Pokemon 3DS XL, I don't know but they are probably going to launch it with the new pokemon games.

I'd love if they did one for the XL that was like the Diamond/Pearl DS Lite they made. Or the DSi's for Black/White, I would buy one in a heartbeat
Posted ImagePosted Image

#422 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

If you don't mind that it's a 3DS and not a XL, then I strongly recommend you get it. While the picture of the Zelda 3DS looks nice, it looks a lot better when you hold it in your hand. As much as I hate glossy surface, in this case, it adds to the beauty and I suspect it's the same with the FE. It's not the same if it was matte.

As for why NoA doesn't bring over the Pokemon 3DS XL, I don't know but they are probably going to launch it with the new pokemon games.

Actually rumor is the Pikachu 3DS XL will be coming over.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#423 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Damn, was hoping for the Charizard one. But I could see myself buying the Pikachu one
Posted ImagePosted Image

#424 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Guys help me out, does the GameStop pre-order charge you right away? I want to pre-order but won't have the funds till Friday for sure. I just want to secure a copy before it gets pulled or something.

No they charge you when the game ships if you pre order online. As for in store you pay it off when you pick it up.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#425 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Damn, was hoping for the Charizard one. But I could see myself buying the Pikachu one

I was hoping for that charizard one too but even that one was limited in japan had to win a raffle to even buy it. Pikachu one is still great but I'm not a fan of the color yellow but I wouldn't mind it since it's pokemon 3ds.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#426 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Have any of you ever not received something your preordered in-store? I preordered both a physical copy and the 3DS bundle a while back, and all of this talk of the site no longer accepting preorders makes me worry just a tiny bit.

I might have to hit something if I don't get my shiny blue 3DS.

#427 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

I don't see it listed on the Nintendo 3DS website, do you?

Also a customer service rep from Nintendo confirmed it.

I don't see anything there about it being "only for the holidays" which is what I was asking about. Probably poor wording on my part about the question. I knew it was a limited release. ;)

#428 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Have any of you ever not received something your preordered in-store? I preordered both a physical copy and the 3DS bundle a while back, and all of this talk of the site no longer accepting preorders makes me worry just a tiny bit.

I might have to hit something if I don't get my shiny blue 3DS.

If you have a receipt/invoice you should be good to go.

#429 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

does it look like this?

http://www.eurogamer...xl-release-date

#430 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

does it look like this?

http://www.eurogamer...xl-release-date

Yep. Dem camera nipples
Posted ImagePosted Image

#431 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

gave in and bought from gamestop...haven't bought from them since 2010 lol

#432 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yep. Dem camera nipples

Thanks. That's all I'm going to see from now on.

#433 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Thanks. That's all I'm going to see from now on.

Your welcome, its been ruined for me since it released in Japan ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#434 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Who has nipples in their armpits?

oIi9lub.png

#435 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Who has nipples in their armpits?

Pikachu apparently
Posted ImagePosted Image

#436 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Just fail, apparently Nintendo underproduced the game or something. GS had to take down the pre-order for just the standard (And somehow not the system?)

Figures it'd happen the night before I was going to preorder
Posted ImagePosted Image

#437 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Would have been better if it was a XL

#438 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Just fail, apparently Nintendo underproduced the game or something. GS had to take down the pre-order for just the standard (And somehow not the system?)

cause there's no physical game in the system.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#439 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well I'm glad I pre-orderd the 3DS System with the game then. Is there any source to your claim by the way?

Oh wait. Amazon is now showing that there might be expected delays...

#440 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I just meant I find it funny that the game sells out before the "Limited" console
Posted ImagePosted Image

#441 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I just meant I find it funny that the game sells out before the "Limited" console

Ah I see.

Well if you think about it, are you willing to pay $40 for the game or $199 for the console with the game? I think more people would be more inclined to buy the game on its own than the console with the game.

#442 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

you think gamestop might get more in

#443 Ryouko

Ryouko

Where's my danish?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Tried to pre-order the game in store this morning, and no-go. :/ Game pre-orders are definitely sold out. Bummer!

#444 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

According to what the guy just told me, it sounds like Nintendo just didnt expect this much demand for the game. He was cool and said that if they did get an extra, or pre-orders came back he would put my name down for it.

Also tried to pre-order at Best Buy, apparently they dont take pre-orders for it instore <_<. Now to decide whether to do an instore pickup for Best Buy, or wait and see what happens with GS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#445 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I plan to pre-order the bundle w/ art-book today anyway, so I guess I'll just pre-order the physical copy at Best Buy. I can't believe pre-orders for this game actually sold out! That's awesome news to hear for what I believe will be an absolutely amazing game. Great and bad for Nintendo just because it sold out lol!

#446 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

According to what the guy just told me, it sounds like Nintendo just didnt expect this much demand for the game. He was cool and said that if they did get an extra, or pre-orders came back he would put my name down for it.

Also tried to pre-order at Best Buy, apparently they dont take pre-orders for it instore <_<. Now to decide whether to do an instore pickup for Best Buy, or wait and see what happens with GS.

i would go ahead and preorder at bestbuy, if you really want the game. instead of taking chances

#447 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I was gonna wait and check again tomorrow when the usual guy is there to see if I can do an instore 5$ pre-order. Really didnt want to have to pay the 40$ now when I'm not even sure where I'm gonna buy yet. If not, then I'll trade something and just do Best Buy
Posted ImagePosted Image

#448 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I was able to preorder the game last Sunday, the clerk said I had ordered in plenty of time and would be getting one for sure. I guess the hardcore are looking for a good long game to play on the 3DS.

As far as the pikachu 3dsxl I am not really a fan since its white on the bottom and that will surely get filthy dirty with the matte finish. It would be good if I had an extra $200 to spend and didn't mind keeping it for collectibility only in the box but that kind of defeats the point of a gaming system. Overall though its not one I would want as a system to play games on and carry around.

#449 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I ended up just doing Best Buy instore pickup for now. Much better than nothing, and I can always cancel if the situation changes at GS
Posted ImagePosted Image

#450 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

ordered it from amazon for now, but probably will preorder it at gamestop if they start preorders again.