Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#541 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

because i've now bought 3 systems and havent opened any. Zelda because i realized theyre valuable and cant bring myself to do it, and this because its a worthless piece of shit with no physical game, or even manual/case it seems. I've spent too much on games the last year and need to cut back this year. I'm either gonna have to open a Zelda bundle, or just say screw it and forget about the 3DS again. That later option sounds like the best, but i really wanted to play Fire Emblem, i love the series.

blea this ruined my fucking day, shouldn't have checked the boards before going to bed.

Why not sell your Zelda 3ds system, use the money to buy the fire emblem 3ds system and another 3ds to play? Or you can buy the fire emblem system and a new copy of the game. Problem solved?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#542 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

so no case or manual either? *facepalm* Fuck you Nintendo, just Fuck you. You release a collecters edition system bundle for a god damn RPG and you dont include a real copy of the game? RPG fans love a good manual, what the hell?

Now i got to decide if im even opening this piece of shit now. Maybe i'll just open one of the Zelda bundles or just say F it and go back to ignoring the 3DS altogether. *sigh*

Say: can you return a 3ds game without the case/manual at Gamestop? Maybe i can buy a copy when someone trades it in in a few weeks and just return the damn thing and keep the case/manual.

oh be quiet.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#543 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

because i've now bought 3 systems and havent opened any. Zelda because i realized theyre valuable and cant bring myself to do it, and this because its a worthless piece of shit with no physical game, or even manual/case it seems. I've spent too much on games the last year and need to cut back this year. I'm either gonna have to open a Zelda bundle, or just say screw it and forget about the 3DS again. That later option sounds like the best, but i really wanted to play Fire Emblem, i love the series.

blea this ruined my fucking day, shouldn't have checked the boards before going to bed.

As a collector myself, I understand you frustration with the case/manual/cartridge not included like the zelda bundle. But at least it is still a bit better than a DLC code like some other games. But if you must play fire emblem, I would suggest getting a XL model and buy the game physically when cheap. This bundle is the standard 3ds model, it is really toward collectors really. But I do like the box art so I preorder one to keep sealed and hoping I will get the artbook from Gamestop. I have a blue XL 3ds to play all my other games.

#544 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

According to a few sites and some employees, looks like the street date might be getting lifted and the game will get sold as stores get their shipment in.

I had a feeling this would happen the one time I didnt get a GS order in lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#545 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

There's been a lot of buzz about the street date being broken by EB Games in Canada, and it looks like other stores (including ones here in the good ol' USA) are going to follow suit when they get their shipments in.

I will say, though, that I just called the Gamestop I preordered the game from and the clerk said that the game was taken out of the system/didn't have a release date any longer. Told me to call back Friday night and that I can get a refund if I want to. I'm hoping he was just ignorant and that nothing's happened - I really want that art book.

#546 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

According to a few sites and some employees, looks like the street date might be getting lifted and the game will get sold as stores get their shipment in.

I had a feeling this would happen the one time I didnt get a GS order in lol

Nintendo likes everyone to go in fresh when a new game comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if the release date was lifted after all this Canada stuff going on and info pouring out.

#547 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, definitely gonna keep my eyes open. Hoping to grab an copy at a GS if someone gets in extras in the area. Otherwise I just hope Best Buy breaks the street date too like the Canadian versions apparently are.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#548 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Looks like the details on the art book were recently released. Here you guys go (stolen shamelessly from GameFAQs):

It's really short, only 16 pages. (But what do you expect, it's a pre order bonus lol)

The book includes artwork of the following characters:

Chrom
Marth
Sumia
Frederick
Lon'qu
Vaike
Sully
Cordelia
Nowi
Lissa
Cherche
Validar

In that order, each character has a page to themselves. There's also an introduction page, as well as that two page illustration of Chrom and Marth clashing with the red-ish background.

I was expecting more, but hey, it's nice and I can't complain because it's free :)

EDIT: A few pages from the book I just uploaded.

Introduction http://i.imgur.com/IICh9LX.jpg

Cherche http://i.imgur.com/PwCKLbK.jpg

Nowi http://i.imgur.com/KRh6Tx0.jpg

Cordelia http://i.imgur.com/e58NXfF.jpg

Lon'qu http://i.imgur.com/KDjOc9k.jpg

Marth http://i.imgur.com/Kf1pbtV.jpg

Sully http://i.imgur.com/K0jBvwl.jpg

Frederick http://i.imgur.com/cQMIQkT.jpg

I still want it. Badly. If my Gamestop messes this up somehow and I don't get it, I'm going to try to politely cancel my preorder and tell them how much I hate them.

#549 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Eh, I wouldnt feel so bad now if I missed out on that book. Some of the other free artbooks for games were much bigger/better.

Also, called 5 Gamestops in my area, not a single one was selling early. So I guess the info probably wont widely be spread around for another day or two
Posted ImagePosted Image

#550 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

The "artbook" is definitely nothing to write home about, but how often do we get anything Fire Emblem-related? Like I've said, though, I'm a huge fan of the series.

Tried calling another Gamestop and got someone who didn't really know anything and simply told me that they didn't have any in after having me wait on the line a few minutes. Oh well. Guess I gotta be patient for now and try to focus on my classwork.

#551 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Looks like they charged my card as well.

#552 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'll be pissed if they break the street date and give away my art books given I preordered both game and system...

#553 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'll be pissed if they break the street date and give away my art books given I preordered both game and system...

Yeah, I also hope that's not the case. I won't be back in town until Weds.

#554 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Unless Gamestop has a history of breaking the street date there is nothing to worry about. No one wants to damage their relationship with Nintendo.

#555 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Why not sell your Zelda 3ds system, use the money to buy the fire emblem 3ds system and another 3ds to play? Or you can buy the fire emblem system and a new copy of the game. Problem solved?

Because im a collector. I never, ever sell any of my stuff. I've actually gotten about half a dozen PM's about this since i mentioned i have a few unopened zelda bundles. Let me state here, im not looking to trade or anything guys. Just debating which one if any i will even open. If i wanted to ditch a zelda bundle im sure i could get enough for the fire emblem and game and stuff.

I do appreciate the suggestion though. If i wasn't a collector thats probably what i would have done. In the end i will probably either just open the stupid Fire emblem one and a phycial copy of the game, or just leave everything sealed and go back to not playing/using a 3DS. Im thinking openeing one of the Zelda bundles would be pointless.

oh be quiet.

eat a dick. A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Fire Emblem kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some old stock by slapping a little logo on a regular old 3DS

As a collector myself, I understand you frustration with the case/manual/cartridge not included like the zelda bundle. But at least it is still a bit better than a DLC code like some other games. But if you must play fire emblem, I would suggest getting a XL model and buy the game physically when cheap. This bundle is the standard 3ds model, it is really toward collectors really. But I do like the box art so I preorder one to keep sealed and hoping I will get the artbook from Gamestop. I have a blue XL 3ds to play all my other games.

And i AM a collector too.. thats why its so frustrating, and why i don't think it IS geared to a collector. If it really was geared towards collectors, why the hell did they not include a physical copy of the game? Collectors HATE digital crap. Its baffling really. I guess theyre just trying to pawn off old stock that wasn't selling or something. Right now i have the game and system pre ordered. The plan WAS to open the bundle and play that copy, and keep the 2nd sealed, but now thats ruined since theres no game or manual.

Im a bit confused on how the game comes. I thought it would be a DLC code, your saying its not? Is it on the memory stick it comes with? If so thats even more confusing. WHy not just put the actual game in then.. seriously, wtf Nintendo?

Blea. I REALLY wanna play Fire Emblem. And it sounds like to get Marth you need to play the first few weeks. I may just open it anyway then do the return/keep the manual/case thing when people start trading in the game. Im just not sure if you can keep the case/manual on newer games. I only buy old stuff used through them. Anyone know if i could buy a pre-owned copy and return the cart only? It just sucks that i have to do something like that. Ah, well, Nintendo is by far my least favorite gaming company of the big 3. I guess its par for the course for them to release such a crappy collectors edition bundle

*edit* seeing all the posts about street dates being broken and stuff, i better check in on my GS in the next day or two to see whats going on. I told them not to put stickers on mine, since most GS's around here started putting numbered stickers on the systems they get in
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#556 devincenzi

devincenzi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Because im a collector. I never, ever sell any of my stuff. I've actually gotten about half a dozen PM's about this since i mentioned i have a few unopened zelda bundles. Let me state here, im not looking to trade or anything guys. Just debating which one if any i will even open. If i wanted to ditch a zelda bundle im sure i could get enough for the fire emblem and game and stuff.

I do appreciate the suggestion though. If i wasn't a collector thats probably what i would have done. In the end i will probably either just open the stupid Fire emblem one and a phycial copy of the game, or just leave everything sealed and go back to not playing/using a 3DS. Im thinking openeing one of the Zelda bundles would be pointless.

eat a dick. A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Fire Emblem kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some old stock by slapping a little logo on a regular old 3DS

And i AM a collector too.. thats why its so frustrating, and why i don't think it IS geared to a collector. If it really was geared towards collectors, why the hell did they not include a physical copy of the game? Collectors HATE digital crap. Its baffling really. I guess theyre just trying to pawn off old stock that wasn't selling or something. Right now i have the game and system pre ordered. The plan WAS to open the bundle and play that copy, and keep the 2nd sealed, but now thats ruined since theres no game or manual.

Im a bit confused on how the game comes. I thought it would be a DLC code, your saying its not? Is it on the memory stick it comes with? If so thats even more confusing. WHy not just put the actual game in then.. seriously, wtf Nintendo?

Blea. I REALLY wanna play Fire Emblem. And it sounds like to get Marth you need to play the first few weeks. I may just open it anyway then do the return/keep the manual/case thing when people start trading in the game. Im just not sure if you can keep the case/manual on newer games. I only buy old stuff used through them. Anyone know if i could buy a pre-owned copy and return the cart only? It just sucks that i have to do something like that. Ah, well, Nintendo is by far my least favorite gaming company of the big 3. I guess its par for the course for them to release such a crappy collectors edition bundle

*edit* seeing all the posts about street dates being broken and stuff, i better check in on my GS in the next day or two to see whats going on. I told them not to put stickers on mine, since most GS's around here started putting numbered stickers on the systems they get in

Why are you bothering spending so many hundreds, thousands (?) of dollars on Nintendo portables if you don't even care for them, let alone play them? I'd really like to psychoanalyze you, my man.

#557 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why are you bothering spending so many hundreds, thousands (?) of dollars on Nintendo portables if you don't even care for them, let alone play them? I'd really like to psychoanalyze you, my man.

... not sure how many times i have to repeat this: I'm a collector. I honestly dont even play the majority of the stuff i've bought/own. I simply enjoy having them in my collection. My pile of just PS3/360 games that are in the 'to play' pile is massive. Im sure theres a couple hundred in the 360 pile alone. Dont even start me on counting all the vintage games and stuff. I only recently opened up one of my DS's to start playing DS games. Though honestly i've loaded up more GBA games up than DS games on it. May seem a bit odd to some, but then again i think peoople who actually spend $60 on the next generic Call of Duty game are nuts. So to each his own.

I actually spend most of my gaming time these days just replaying old vintage games. Im on another Suikoden run right now, and have been busting some Turtles in Time. Most current gen games just seem too meh to me, but i still collect the stuff. Thats why im so irritated that theres no real game in this supposed collectors edition system bundle. It leaves it with a high chance of just going on the shelf with the other systems im not opening. Maybe they'll put out a good color for an XL soon or something and i'll get one of those when theyre on sale
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#558 devincenzi

devincenzi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

... not sure how many times i have to repeat this: I'm a collector. I honestly dont even play the majority of the stuff i've bought/own. I simply enjoy having them in my collection. My pile of just PS3/360 games that are in the 'to play' pile is massive. Im sure theres a couple hundred in the 360 pile alone. Dont even start me on counting all the vintage games and stuff. I only recently opened up one of my DS's to start playing DS games. Though honestly i've loaded up more GBA games up than DS games on it. May seem a bit odd to some, but then again i think peoople who actually spend $60 on the next generic Call of Duty game are nuts. So to each his own.

I actually spend most of my gaming time these days just replaying old vintage games. Im on another Suikoden run right now, and have been busting some Turtles in Time. Most current gen games just seem too meh to me, but i still collect the stuff. Thats why im so irritated that theres no real game in this supposed collectors edition system bundle. It leaves it with a high chance of just going on the shelf with the other systems im not opening. Maybe they'll put out a good color for an XL soon or something and i'll get one of those when theyre on sale

I understand the urge to collect, as I've been ramping it up a bit lately. But why collect things you're not really interested in? You don't seem to like Call of Duty, so I could assume that you wouldn't really amass a pile of COD merchandise and sealed CE's right? It's only odd to me because you've expressed your dislike for Nintendo. I love them, despite some of their backwards-ass business decisions, and that's why I plan on buying and storing this particular 3DS bundle (i missed on that cool Zelda one)

Will you get that Poptart looking Animal Crossing 3DS XL if it comes out here?

Edited by devincenzi, 30 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#559 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

On the subject of video game collecting:

One of the best things I have ever done was selling my vast collection of ps1/2 games, even though I miss looking at them the weight of, "I should play these games" is now gone.

Plus with HD collections coming out left and right the value of older games (unless new and sealed, and even that is debateable with reprints now) seems to be going down these days. I mean it took me forever to try and get rid of Suikoden 2.

Edit: Does anyone know how long you have to get the free dlc is it a week or two weeks after release?
Posted Image

#560 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

So is it assumed that Best Buy won't be stocking this bundle?

#561 HuBu

HuBu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Only a pending charge from BB for instore pickup.

3DS FC 2964 8633 0039 (Send PM if you added me)

[img src="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/Hbui.png" ]

#562 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Only a pending charge from BB for instore pickup.

Best Buy isn't carrying this, so I don't understand your post.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#563 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

He probably means the game itself, not the bundle.

On another note, some are saying that the street date is now back in place in both the US and Canada. Most Gamestops are evidently stating that the game now comes out on the 5th instead of the 4th.

#564 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Eh, I wouldnt feel so bad now if I missed out on that book. Some of the other free artbooks for games were much bigger/better.

Also, called 5 Gamestops in my area, not a single one was selling early. So I guess the info probably wont widely be spread around for another day or two

Not really interested in the artbook as well. It's definitely a nice bonus. I have a few from other games and while at first they are great and all to look at, they've just stayed on my shelf.

Regardless, I would have gotten it from Gamestop, but I have $40 in Reward zone credit for Best Buy, so I would rather save money all day, every day.

#565 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

He probably means the game itself, not the bundle.

On another note, some are saying that the street date is now back in place in both the US and Canada. Most Gamestops are evidently stating that the game now comes out on the 5th instead of the 4th.

If they already have it, then you better start shitting on the associate on the 4th.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#566 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

The game itself is now again available for pre-order on GameStop.com, and I'm assuming in-store as well.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#567 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

My store still has the same day listed. The release date won't change guys, Gamestop will still sell it on 2/4.

If it says that number in our computers, we have to stick to it regardless.... Apparently not Canada stores though. :p

Firepowerr.png

#568 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Gamestop is selling preorders again.

#569 Ryouko

Ryouko

Where's my danish?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Switched my game-only pre-order from Best Buy to Game Stop, in hopes of getting the artbook.

#570 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Switched my game-only pre-order from Best Buy to Game Stop, in hopes of getting the artbook.

did the same.