Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#571 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sweet, even though I have a paid off BB order, I'm gonna put 5$ down at Gamestop. Wouldnt mind spending my PUR 5$ Coupon on it too

Wtf? I called 3 stores and all 3 said they arent taking it anymore. Whats going on? Guess its online only, if thats the case I'll just stay with BB
Posted ImagePosted Image

#572 HawthorneKitty

HawthorneKitty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Will you get that Poptart looking Animal Crossing 3DS XL if it comes out here?

He won't because

A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Animal Crossing kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some stock by slapping little logos on a 3DS XL

#573 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just curious, anyone do Instore Pickup at Gamestop often? It says you don't get charged, so does that mean you can pay with Credit/Coupon's instore instead?

If thats the case, no harm in trying for the artbook/possible early release
Posted ImagePosted Image

#574 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Wonder if Target has any copies of it now. Id like to play the game on my commute.

#575 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

He won't because

A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Animal Crossing kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some stock by slapping little logos on a 3DS XL

why does animal crossing have to be physical ? it's one of those games that is always good to have handy and it's a minutes a day game. Prrfect for a download title. That's why it's sold 800,000 copies digitally in Japan so far

sorry for off topic

but damn reviews for this game are lookin good

#576 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

A little off topic, but here are the IGN and Joystiq reviews. Got a 9.6/10 and 9/10, respectively. Overall it has a 92 on Metacritic and is defenetily one of the most critically-acclaimed games on the 3DS. So happy to see this succeed!

http://www.ign.com/a...wakening-review

http://www.joystiq.c...akening-review/

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#577 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Has anyone gotten a copy of the normal 3DS game? I've been seeing several reports (with pictures) of Game Stop selling the game (with artbook) early.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#578 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Gamestop is selling preorders again.

Dead
WOOOO I STINK

#579 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dead

This.

I ended up passing because my store told me even if I did do pickup, I'd likely not get the artbook, and possibly not get on release date.

Not in the mood for hassles with GS
Posted ImagePosted Image

#580 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Gamestop is selling preorders again.

MOTHERFLUFFER it was in my cart and it was pulled during checkout.

I also tried to preorder it in store with no success.

#581 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

got to wonder if those gamestop ones were cancelled orders very few
WOOOO I STINK

#582 ace50421

ace50421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

It allowed me to preorder with no issues

#583 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

http://www.screwatta...m-awakening-now

Seems like gamestop in canada are selling the game early. Might call to see if my gamestop is also rigth after I get out of school.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#584 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just curious, anyone do Instore Pickup at Gamestop often? It says you don't get charged, so does that mean you can pay with Credit/Coupon's instore instead?

If thats the case, no harm in trying for the artbook/possible early release

I usually do and yeah you dont get charged before you pick it up. I never use Credit/Coupons at Gamestop (Usually never have it), but I would not see why you couldn't. As for getting the preorder item early, I would be careful, as in making sure they have your preorder in their store computer. I had done Preorder InStore Pickup for Xenoblade Chronicles when it came out last April and was screwed out of the artbook because they only had enough for the instore physical preorders (I still dont know how that made since cause I should have gotten the artbook regardless). At least I got 2 of those books thanks to GS Customer Service (I still dont know how I got the second artbook.)

#585 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

http://www.screwatta...m-awakening-now

Seems like gamestop in canada are selling the game early. Might call to see if my gamestop is also rigth after I get out of school.

Don't take it as rude, but this has been discussed in the past pages for a while now (edit: okay, not a while; just a day. I swear, there's been so much going on that I feel like it's been a few days since I first heard about what Canada did) - and new reports say that they realized their mistake and aren't selling it any longer.

That being said, hope you can still get lucky and nab a copy. I know I can't wait 'til the 4th.

#586 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Don't take it as rude, but this has been discussed in the past pages for a while now (edit: okay, not a while; just a day. I swear, there's been so much going on that I feel like it's been a few days since I first heard about what Canada did) - and new reports say that they realized their mistake and aren't selling it any longer.

That being said, hope you can still get lucky and nab a copy. I know I can't wait 'til the 4th.

Ha it's okay. I skimmed the last few pages real quick and it seemed you guys were hearing rumors about it being sold early so I though I post it to help out.

I really haven't heard about this selling early thing about one hour ago and this link was posted on the screwattack twitter like two minutes before I made that post.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#587 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I keep hearing so many different things that it's all starting to get jumbled in my head.

Now someone's posted on another forum that his Gamestop already had the artbooks and that they gave it to him when he went in to pay off his preorder. I attempted calling the store I preordered the bundle from and ended up talking to a very busy manager who didn't have time to look and see if they were in. I'll just waltz in tomorrow after classes and see what's going on.

#588 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Seeing this game makes me want to get a 3DS...lol I dont even like Nintendo anymore but that game looks fun and well done.

#589 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Seeing this game makes me want to get a 3DS...lol I dont even like Nintendo anymore but that game looks fun and well done.

why i bought a 3ds arrives tomorrow wanted play quality rpg's an strategy games
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#590 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

And the GameStop charge dropped from my card. :\

#591 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

My store said they don't know when they are getting them and that the game may come in late? What a cluster

#592 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Called 2 Game Stops, got 2 different answers.
- One said they weren't getting shipments until Feb 8
- Another said there was no date for the game in the system, but the bundle had a date of Feb 5. They said they would not sell the game until that date.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#593 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Apparently since the street date's allegedly been entirely lifted their shipments likely won't process until release day, although I saw someone in Florida saying that their GameStop already had copies and sold him one because there wasn't a street date.

I have no idea what that means for the bundle if that's true, or for people who ordered the game or bundle online to have shipped to their homes like I did.

#594 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Anyone care to clear up the shipping delay warning on Amazon? Was that put up just as a precaution or are you definitely not getting a copy on launch week if you pre-ordered after that went up?

I pre-ordered about two days after the warning went up... Anyone else in this boat? If they don't ship mine by launch day I might just get it digitally... There any good reasons not to do so, other than their recovery steps being iffy?

Thanks in advance for replies.

- Another said there was no date for the game in the system, but the bundle had a date of Feb 5. They said they would not sell the game until that date.

I don't really understand why Canada would get their shipments so early and US get them so late.

#595 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Mine said the 8th. I'll swing by and pay off my stuff to ensure artbooks and game held for me

#596 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

@TheGuardianWolf: Given that just about every store has stopped taking orders or has put them on backorder, I'm guessing Amazon buyers are every bit as screwed.

If you've got at least a GB of space free on your SD card I don't really see any reason not to get it digitally, unless you really want the case and manual.

#597 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Given that just about every store has stopped taking orders or has put them on backorder, I'm guessing Amazon buyers are every bit as screwed.

If you've got at least a GB of space free on your SD card I don't really see any reason not to get it digitally, unless you really want the case and manual.

I personally like the ability to use the game on more than one handheld, too, along with having the case and manual. There's also resale value if anyone is crazy enough to want to sell their copy somewhere down the road.

#598 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Just got back from preordering the bundle from my Gamestop. They said they didn't know when they were getting their shipments in. I am disappointed.

:(

#599 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Even if it was an XL, digital copy = insta-pass. Seriously...when will these companies get it through their minds that digital media is never going to adequately replace physical media...

#600 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Even if it was an XL, digital copy = insta-pass. Seriously...when will these companies get it through their minds that digital media is never going to adequately replace physical media...

hate to break it to you but i say in the next 2 years 90% of all games will be digital only
WOOOO I STINK