Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#661 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ah i guess that is true. It did come out a while ago. Still, im still incredibly disappointed by the lack of a physical copy. Especially when you consider that they had to include a 4gb SD card to put the game on. Is it that much of a stretch to just give us the damn cart?

aslo. As for the highlighted part in your message. Thats the problem, i WANT To open it. The fact that i DONT have a physical copy is the only thing keeping me from wanting to open and use it now. The game does come with something special: A cart i actually own and can move around instead of a Digital thing thats locked to that console. Plus it has an actual manual and something i can put on my shelf in my collection

They didn't have to include a 4gb SD card. SD cards are standard with the system. Reg 3DS get 2 gbs. At least they increased the size. And wasn't sure if you were going to open it or not since it sounds like you probably keep them all seal. How do we know this doesn't have some kind of manual? And couldn't you put the system box on your shelf? I'm sure it would look cooler too.

MSUHiutman is right. Not too sure about game prices but anime prices are fucking ridiculous in Japan. Its the equivilant of like 60-80 bucks US for a single BD/DVD with like 3 or 4 episodes on it. Its an absurd rip off. Its why a bunch of anime is either not getting a BD release for a delayed ammount of time, or has locked subs on it these days =(

No joke on this. I import some anime on blu ray (mostly Gundam Unicorn). 90 bucks for a 50 minute series....that's what happens when you love Gundam so much.

#662 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

MSUHiutman is right. Not too sure about game prices but anime prices are fucking ridiculous in Japan. Its the equivilant of like 60-80 bucks US for a single BD/DVD with like 3 or 4 episodes on it. Its an absurd rip off. Its why a bunch of anime is either not getting a BD release for a delayed ammount of time, or has locked subs on it these days =(

I have no idea about anime prices anywhere so I'll just take your word for it. :)

#663 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

OOOOOh you're a collector. Well that explains everything! :roll:

I collect stuff too but if it's not part of the item, it's not part of the item. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Stop whining about it. Sheesh.

First world problem.
We need entitlement reform.

#664 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Tried seeing if any GameStops got extra copies and even tried preording it at BestBuy only to get an email that they couldn't fill the order. This is a very bizarre move by Nintendo. Guess I'm buying it on the eshop on Monday.

At least that digital copy will transfer to a new XL if I decide to get one later. I bet the digital copy that comes with the Fire Emblem 3DS is not transferable.
Posted Image

#665 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Tried seeing if any GameStops got extra copies and even tried preording it at BestBuy only to get an email that they couldn't fill the order. This is a very bizarre move by Nintendo. Guess I'm buying it on the eshop on Monday.

At least that digital copy will transfer to a new XL if I decide to get one later. I bet the digital copy that comes with the Fire Emblem 3DS is not transferable.

Why wouldn't it be transferable? A digital copy is a digital copy.

#666 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Trading in a game at Best Buy + a free $5 Reward Certificate gets me Fire Emblem for $10! I can't wait to open it, play it for an hour, and then put it in my backlog to potentially sit there almost forever! This isn't healthy.

#667 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Why wouldn't it be transferable? A digital copy is a digital copy.

It might be, but the digital games that came with the DSi XL I had would not transfer. They were locked to the system. Hopefully this is not the case with the one that comes with the Fire Emblem bundle.
Posted Image

#668 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

It might be, but the digital games that came with the DSi XL I had would not transfer. They were locked to the system. Hopefully this is not the case with the one that comes with the Fire Emblem bundle.

you can transfer 3DS Digital Games and anything you downloaded, you just need both s ystems to be on internet and nintendo account

#669 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ambassador games transfers, Mario Kart 7 from the XLs transfer, and even the Zelda Four Swords transfers, so I don't know what you couldn't.

#670 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Ambassador games transfers, Mario Kart 7 from the XLs transfer, and even the Zelda Four Swords transfers, so I don't know what you couldn't.

there are a lot of games that dont transfer... i had 6 games that did not

cant remember the names i know one was like you started off as a speck like think and you had to eat flower to get more followers

best buy screwed me saying mine is backordered till june 2 2013

Edited by slidecage, 03 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

WOOOO I STINK

#671 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

June 2!? That's sad, hilarious, and pretty impressive all at the same time.

Authorization charge from GameStop dropped off my card last night; I was kind of hoping the bundle orders would at least get as far as processing before the actual release date but I guess not. Now it almost looks like a question of whether I get my bundle delivered within the next week or not.

#672 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

If the Mario Kart 7 that came with the XLs transfers then this one should. Good to know Nintendo stopped locking the digital ones that came with hardware to the hardware.
Posted Image

#673 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

The Gamestop I went to had copies of the art book. I didn't ask about them or whether they had the game and bundle.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#674 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Cancelled my GameStop bundle preorder since I couldn't apply a gift card to an open one; re-ordered with one-day shipping instead of two-day. Interestingly my new order's invoice in my Order History lists both the DS (Nintendo 3DS Blue Fire Emblem - 3DSPlatform) and artbook (Premium, Fire Emblem Art Books) whereas the old one only listed the system, even though it was placed days after GS would include the artbook with the bundle.

If anyone has an online order for the system and the artbook's not listed along with the 3DS it might be worth inquiring to GameStop about just to be safe.

#675 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

i would have been better if the game was not preinstalled and an actual cartridge was provided. it feels like the handheld is not fresh anymore coz a game is already installed. hehe!

#676 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Turns out there's already sellers of the artbook on eBay. Someone listed one that already had a $20 bid, how crazy is that? I have two copies already, thanks to preordering the bundle and a physical copy at two separate stores, but I don't think I'd want to sell them.

Seriously, though, who'd want to buy something like that for $20?

#677 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Turns out there's already sellers of the artbook on eBay. Someone listed one that already had a $20 bid, how crazy is that? I have two copies already, thanks to preordering the bundle and a physical copy at two separate stores, but I don't think I'd want to sell them.

Does this really surprise you? There are people out there who will pay $40 for a pre-order DLC costume, nothing really surprises me with people willingness to buy these days. Xenoblade pre-order books also command high value despite them not being much more than a pamphlet. It's all about collectibles; if something releases and they can't get it in store, how else will they?

#678 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

did you get it in the mail from gamestop.com or from B&M gamestop, I went to one on friday that told me i was the only one who pre-ordered and they didn't have the game or the bonus yet. They also had a huge poster advertising available now right behind the counter...

#679 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I went and picked up both of the artbooks from their respective stores. From what I've heard, just about every Gamestop should have them in by now.

#680 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

They didn't have to include a 4gb SD card. SD cards are standard with the system. Reg 3DS get 2 gbs. At least they increased the size. And wasn't sure if you were going to open it or not since it sounds like you probably keep them all seal. How do we know this doesn't have some kind of manual? And couldn't you put the system box on your shelf? I'm sure it would look cooler too.

No joke on this. I import some anime on blu ray (mostly Gundam Unicorn). 90 bucks for a 50 minute series....that's what happens when you love Gundam so much.

Ah i waasn't aware of that since ive never opened any of my 3DS's. I guess thats something, but they really should have included a real game. I actually DONT know that it doesn't have a manual, im just assuming thats the case. I havent really seen a US unboxing yet other than IGN's which was shitty and didn't actually show everything. I guess i'll find out in a few days if i open it

And ya, importing anime is no friggin joke. I dont get why JP anime fans pay those outrageous prices.

there are a lot of games that dont transfer... i had 6 games that did not

cant remember the names i know one was like you started off as a speck like think and you had to eat flower to get more followers

best buy screwed me saying mine is backordered till june 2 2013

and this right here is my biggest problem with digital game d.loads.. stupid, asinine DRM issues. If i own a physical copy i can play it anytime anywhere. Digital crap always has problems like this

Cancelled my GameStop bundle preorder since I couldn't apply a gift card to an open one; re-ordered with one-day shipping instead of two-day. Interestingly my new order's invoice in my Order History lists both the DS (Nintendo 3DS Blue Fire Emblem - 3DSPlatform) and artbook (Premium, Fire Emblem Art Books) whereas the old one only listed the system, even though it was placed days after GS would include the artbook with the bundle.

If anyone has an online order for the system and the artbook's not listed along with the 3DS it might be worth inquiring to GameStop about just to be safe.

Umm.. WHAT? Thats strange, i think your GS employees are retarded because ive put $100 cash down and then a $25 gift card down AFTER the inital pre order deposit. Payed it in little incrimints There should have been no issue applying the giftcard to your order. Hope you dont have any problems with your order now that you had to cancel/reorder

I have two as well, though not sure why you ordered at 2 different stores. I ordered at the same store and still got 2 artbooks. It clearly stated you get one for the bundle and one for the game. I agree. The artbooks neat but very sparse and not worth $20 at all. And BTW i piucked both my books up back on Thursday i believe. All the stores should have their artbooks by now i would think

Edited by Trakan, 03 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#681 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Looks neat. Might buy one with some Zelda artbook flip monies.

Edit:

Ah, not an XL. Shame.

#682 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

just got email from amazon saying THEY WONT SHIP Them tomorrow ...

I've checked the availability for "Fire Emblem: Awakening" and see it won't be released on February 4, 2013. If you place a pre-order now, we'll ship the item to you once it's been released and we've received inventory.
WOOOO I STINK

#683 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

So what's the deal?

Gamestop had admitted there isn't a street date so they'll give out the games as soon as they receive them... but they don't know when they'll receive them.

I had preordered a game and a bundle; maybe I'll see if they let me pick up my art "pamphlet" (not going to call that a book).

Any idea if any retailers have the game and if not when are they expected to receive them?

#684 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Damn maybe I should sell off my pre-order Artbook to cover the cost of the actual Knights of Iris art book. Just kidding. The actual art book costed me $60 to import from Japan. I managed to snag one a few weeks ago.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#685 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

The game's been up in the eShop for about sixteen minutes now, if digital copies are your thing. I'll be waiting for my physical one, and if my Gamestop doesn't have it in by the time I wake up, I'm going on a trip and visiting all of the other retailers to see if they might have them.

#686 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yeah I'm not really expecting GS to have it tomorrow (and if they don't, neither will any other store.)

http://www.gameinfor...ping-error.aspx

#687 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Shh, don't spoil my fun. I like to get out of the house and go on adventures once in a while - even if it's just a ten-mile trip to harass the local retailers.

The one thing that bugs me about the "shipping error" is that Amazon has had that warning about a potential delay up for weeks now, and other retailers are acting as if it's a recent thing. I wonder what happened.

#688 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Shh, don't spoil my fun. I like to get out of the house and go on adventures once in a while - even if it's just a ten-mile trip to harass the local retailers.

The one thing that bugs me about the "shipping error" is that Amazon has had that warning about a potential delay up for weeks now, and other retailers are acting as if it's a recent thing. I wonder what happened.

Nintendo being little bitches and trying to get more dedicated FE fans to buy the digital version since its available now? I love Nintendo but I wouldn't be surprised that they pull something shady like that since they are really gung ho about selling digital now.

#689 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Nintendo being little bitches and trying to get more dedicated FE fans to buy the digital version since its available now? I love Nintendo but I wouldn't be surprised that they pull something shady like that since they are really gung ho about selling digital now.

Has to be the dumbest thing ive heard, lol.

I highly doubt thats the case.

#690 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Me being the cynical guy I am, that's what I figured, too. There are a ton of other people on GameFAQs (and I'm sure on other forums, too, but I like to stick to one) saying that they're downloading the digital version now because they just can't (well, won't, but you won't hear anyone saying that) wait for their delayed copies.

I don't mind if they do, of course, since sales for Fire Emblem are always a good thing, but I'm a little sad that I most likely won't get my game on the date promised. I had one more day left before I had to start doing a lot of extra work and travel for my classes, as well, so now I'm not going to be able to start playing nearly as soon as I'd hoped.