Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#901 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

The Gamestop I preordered the game at said it should be in Wednesday, and that they are only expecting 5 copies for 8 preorders. Since I was one of the first on the list I asked if I was safe to get a copy on Wednesday and the employee said they would be given out first come first served. Since I have to work until late on Wednesday I told him that I would probably just get a copy at the Best Buy next door....which I did. Why in the heck can't the biggest game retailer in this country ship a release on time, when their competitors are able to??

#902 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Got a call from gamestop to pick my pre-order. I was the only one who pre-ordered at the store and it was the only copy they got in-stock. No pre-order bonus...

The guy there (seemed like a manager from the times i have been there) assured me he was going to get on why I did not get my artbook copy. He was sure that maybe it will come in later. I asked him if he really would take care of it and said that this has happened in the past and what I usually did was fill out the online survey and speak with the DM on the issue and a replacement bonus would get sent to the store asap, I didn't want to go through the trouble he already was. I never used a threatening tone or anything like that I was just asking to know if the guy would actually try. He told me DM has nothing to do with it and cannot do anything about it.

One other worker tried to tell me that NOT A SINGLE GAMESTOP got the book in, even suggested I look it up on IGN.

I told him I had already seen copies being sold on ebay.

not too satisfied about the whole thing but glad i got the game finally. think someone might have pocketed the 1 artbook that came to the store, hopefully I am wrong though

#903 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I saw 3-4 copies at Target, didn't see any Best Buy (proabably in the back like everyone said), and didn't have time to check GS. Should have preordered for the book. Could have played the game and sold both to get my money back.

#904 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Newegg gets their stuff Friday according to the site. Yay.

I'm in no rush to get my hands on this, too many other games being played currently.

#905 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Newegg gets their stuff Friday according to the site. Yay.

I'm in no rush to get my hands on this, too many other games being played currently.

Well considering it's currently my favorite game series, all the other games I'm playing have gotten pushed to the side ;)

#906 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Well considering it's currently my favorite game series, all the other games I'm playing have gotten pushed to the side ;)

I'm working on Path of Radiance currently. ;)

No rush at all.

#907 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

My BB order just shipped.

#908 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hmm wish i had checked this thread out before heading out. I didn't think BBY would have got theirs in. I would have rather picked up another copy there.

Anyway, Gamestop called me this morning and said they got a small batch of per-order copies in and were holding one for me. They had gotten about 6 of them in and said they didn't even have enough for all the pre-orders yet. I snagged my copy and also picked one up at a store no ones really mentioning: Toys R Us. They only had 3 copies in stock and i snagged on there and my copy at Gamestop. Cant do much with it without the 3DS though. Hopefully it will come in the next day or two though they told me most likely Friday.

Gamestop has a tendancy to put stupid stickers on their system bundles though. I REALLY hope they dont put one on my 3ds. The guys that work there that i know are aware to NOT put one on my system, but now that its pushed back they may have one of the clueless people working. Really hope i dont get a sticker on my system!

Got a call from gamestop to pick my pre-order. I was the only one who pre-ordered at the store and it was the only copy they got in-stock. No pre-order bonus...

The guy there (seemed like a manager from the times i have been there) assured me he was going to get on why I did not get my artbook copy. He was sure that maybe it will come in later. I asked him if he really would take care of it and said that this has happened in the past and what I usually did was fill out the online survey and speak with the DM on the issue and a replacement bonus would get sent to the store asap, I didn't want to go through the trouble he already was. I never used a threatening tone or anything like that I was just asking to know if the guy would actually try. He told me DM has nothing to do with it and cannot do anything about it.

One other worker tried to tell me that NOT A SINGLE GAMESTOP got the book in, even suggested I look it up on IGN.

not too satisfied about the whole thing but glad i got the game finally. think someone might have pocketed the 1 artbook that came to the store, hopefully I am wrong though

Ya.. obviously that employees an idiot. I got both my artbooks early last week.

I'm working on Path of Radiance currently. ;)

No rush at all.

POR is awesome. I loved the beast people. Morecai is a pimp =D
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#909 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hoping Amazon gets theirs. I mean if not I am pretty much fucked, unless I preorder one at newegg.

It fucking pisses me off that Nintendo is pulling this shit. I refuse to buy a downloadable copy of ANY JRPG unless it's on PC and well there are no boxed copies for PC.

what more bullshit amazon loves to cancel orders then say

we got the game now ....

happen with that lego ninja ds game last xmas 2011
WOOOO I STINK

#910 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Its normal for me to hear that some games are for pre-orders only. My gamestop really sucks here i guess they really are going out of business. Tried to pickup a persona 4 copy but it was avaiable only to those who preordered

#911 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Canceled my Amazon order and went with Newegg. Hopefully they pull through.

Edited by Sir_Fragalot, 06 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#912 stiner

stiner

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

So my day trying to pick this up yesterday was rather annoying. I get out of class at noon and find out I'm not needed at work so I head home and stop by GameStop to grab the game. I hadn't realized gamestops were short preorder copies and when I get there about 12:30 the guy says they are giving them out in order. Fair, I thought, but apparently preordering it day 1 means I don't get one.

I go and hit some thrift stores and get home about 4:00 and there's a message on the recorde saying to come pick the game up and they are holding it for 48hrs. It's recorded at 12:05 and not a robot so I figure the employee messed up earlier. I head back down and there's a new employee working and now he tells me I had to have picked the phone up and for them to hold it for me. Now how the Fuck is anyone supposed to pick up the damn phone in the middle of the day or anyone for that matter when it's in the middle of the work week. I don't understand how they could expect people to be home then and no I'm not giving GameStop my cell number.

I would have just went to another store but I have credit at GameStop and really wanted the art book. Just annoyed that none of the employees can get their story straight when the manager said they were holding one for me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#913 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I go and hit some thrift stores and get home about 4:00 and there's a message on the recorde saying to come pick the game up and they are holding it for 48hrs. It's recorded at 12:05 and not a robot so I figure the employee messed up earlier. I head back down and there's a new employee working and now he tells me I had to have picked the phone up and for them to hold it for me. Now how the Fuck is anyone supposed to pick up the damn phone in the middle of the day or anyone for that matter when it's in the middle of the work week. I don't understand how they could expect people to be home then and no I'm not giving GameStop my cell number.

I would have just went to another store but I have credit at GameStop and really wanted the art book. Just annoyed that none of the employees can get their story straight when the manager said they were holding one for me.

I would try and get in touch with the District Manager on that one. That behavior is unacceptable and retarded. Saying that people are denied a game because your not home is complete bullshit.
Posted Image

#914 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I was just charged for my fry's preorder at $29.99 + S/H. Hopefully that means they are shipping soon.

I have a bundle preordered at Gamestop and was told I'd get it by Friday. Coincidentally I bumped into the Nintendo rep for my region at Target and he said not a single store that he works with has gotten their shipment. This was as of Wednesday.

He of course blamed the distributor (not Nintendo)

#915 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Guess I got lucky, first Target I hit had it displayed and all ready for purchase. Game is awesome :)
Posted Image

#916 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

My Target in Columbus didn't have it out, and couldn't find it in the system. Went next door to Meijer and they had 3 copies left so I grabbed one.

#917 binbinzhou

binbinzhou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I wonder how rare the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle really is...

Gamestop and Newegg are still taking orders. I'm hoping this won't end up like the Halo Helmet.
Ouch! Bruce, Ouch!

#918 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Day 3, I'm loving this... having a hard time putting it down on Classic... my ONLY gripe is I'm still in a disgaea mentality so I keep lining people up in 3's in order to mass attack and it doesn't work in this game. :-)

#919 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Sucks that amazon doesn't even know when they will restock....total Nintendo fail

Does any other major publisher ever screw up like this for a big name sequel?

It's one thing to be low on consoles but a cartridge? Almost like they want to drive up digital sales by drying market...

#920 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Called my GameStop here in Westerville, OH and the woman said she got a shipment in but has not had a chance to process it yet. She said to call back around 1:30.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#921 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Nope one of the workers pocketed it, guaranteed. Fill out the survey & complain.

#922 TheHammerGod

TheHammerGod

Superfly friendly gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Called my GameStop here in Westerville, OH and the woman said she got a shipment in but has not had a chance to process it yet. She said to call back around 1:30.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. ;)

WiiU: Matesamo
360: Matesamo
PSN ID: Matesamo
3DS ID: 4253-3501-3218
Steam ID: Matesamo

#923 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wonder how rare the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle really is...

Gamestop and Newegg are still taking orders. I'm hoping this won't end up like the Halo Helmet.

I'd say it's just as rare as these things usually are if history is any indicator. Meaning that there are plenty available right now. However, 6 months from now the only places to get them will be from re-sellers, ebay, etc.

#924 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Amazon just delayed my order. Spoke to someone in CS, they have no clue when or if it will be stocked. Very quick to offer 1 day shipping, i was pushing for a credit instead but they wouldnt budge on it.

I just found it up on Bestbuy.com for shipping. Delivery by the 14th, so i ordered one. Had a 20$ cert lying around. So either my best buy copy ships and i cancel the amazon one, or they both ship and one goes back to amazon.

3rd game in a row from amazon they have screwed up. My MOH Warfighter had no CD key in it, my FF Theatrythm was smashed to hell in shipping, now this. Starting to think they dont care anymore.

#925 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Amazon just delayed my order. Spoke to someone in CS, they have no clue when or if it will be stocked. Very quick to offer 1 day shipping, i was pushing for a credit instead but they wouldnt budge on it.

I just found it up on Bestbuy.com for shipping. Delivery by the 14th, so i ordered one. Had a 20$ cert lying around. So either my best buy copy ships and i cancel the amazon one, or they both ship and one goes back to amazon.

3rd game in a row from amazon they have screwed up. My MOH Warfighter had no CD key in it, my FF Theatrythm was smashed to hell in shipping, now this. Starting to think they dont care anymore.

Didn't know BB.com still had units available. I just canceled my Newegg preorder and went with BestBuy. Now to hope my mailman does not Fuck up delivery. Yes my mailman is that bad I need to be concerned.
Posted Image

#926 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Sucks that amazon doesn't even know when they will restock....total Nintendo fail

Does any other major publisher ever screw up like this for a big name sequel?

It's one thing to be low on consoles but a cartridge? Almost like they want to drive up digital sales by drying market...

I don't think Fire Emblem is really considered a big names sequel.

#927 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Didn't know BB.com still had units available. I just canceled my Newegg preorder and went with BestBuy. Now to hope my mailman does not Fuck up delivery. Yes my mailman is that bad I need to be concerned.

My mailman/woman is pretty bad too. Once my graphics card from Amazon ended up a few houses down the road. Luckily my neighbor is nice and brought it over. Other times they claim we didn't answer the door for a package, yet they never even approached our door. :cold:

Firepowerr.png

#928 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

yep, Gamestop employees are profitting off the artbooks as we speak. If you really want a preorder bonus, order it online. Unless you know the guys at your local GS really well.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#929 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

BB had it for order but store pickup only. This morning, they enabled shipping. so im confident they have the units in stock.

And yes, Gamestop employees are profiting from the artbook. I called mine where i used to manage and was told the artbooks "never came in wink wink". The standard response is "we almost didnt get your game, and your going to complain about not getting an artbook too?"

I really hate gamestop as a company now. I went in last week to pick up Ni No Kuni, all they had was the last gutted copy. I asked if it had been checked out (incase you didnt know, employees are allowed to borrow brand new games), and it had been. So i asked for shopworn discount on it, and was refused. Pisses me off.

#930 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Could Nintendo screw up harder with this release?