Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#931 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

So what exactly delayed it? People blame Nintendo but I haven't even read what actually caused the delay.

#932 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

So what exactly delayed it? People blame Nintendo but I haven't even read what actually caused the delay.

I heard someone say it was like what happened with Two worlds (the tanker sunk) or something like that (its probably hearsay).

FYI, my bb order just went through to preparing to ship.

#933 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

BB had it for order but store pickup only. This morning, they enabled shipping. so im confident they have the units in stock.

And yes, Gamestop employees are profiting from the artbook. I called mine where i used to manage and was told the artbooks "never came in wink wink". The standard response is "we almost didnt get your game, and your going to complain about not getting an artbook too?"

I really hate gamestop as a company now. I went in last week to pick up Ni No Kuni, all they had was the last gutted copy. I asked if it had been checked out (incase you didnt know, employees are allowed to borrow brand new games), and it had been. So i asked for shopworn discount on it, and was refused. Pisses me off.

When something like that happens, I try to focus my anger on the employees. Doesn't the manager have the ability to discount something like that if he wants to? That's probably why I'd never make a good manager; far too willing to give my customers a hand at the expense of maximized profits.

As for the artbook, well, I'd be extremely angry if they tried to pull something like that with me, to the point where I'd be more than happy to get in their faces about it. Stealing is horribly wrong. Simple.

#934 Aleth

Aleth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

There are still some decent GameStop employees out there. When the store's first shipment arrived yesterday thy made sure to set a copy and artbook aside for me. Although I admit if it was any other GameStop especially the one in the mall across the street, there would be no chance that I will even get a copy of the game. They are so hostile over there... I swear they glare at each customer that enter the store. -shivers- My mother even told them off for their behavior towards their customers.

I guess I'll see when the bundle system actually arrives, I need another copy of the artbook to share with friends.

#935 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I don't think Fire Emblem is really considered a big names sequel.

Agreed. It's not close to a big name franchise.

If it were, there would have been much more exposure for it.

#936 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

There are still some decent GameStop employees out there. When the store's first shipment arrived yesterday thy made sure to set a copy and artbook aside for me. Although I admit if it was any other GameStop especially the one in the mall across the street, there would be no chance that I will even get a copy of the game. They are so hostile over there... I swear they glare at each customer that enter the store. -shivers- My mother even told them off for their behavior towards their customers.

I guess I'll see when the bundle system actually arrives, I need another copy of the artbook to share with friends.

On the whole, GS employees are very good. It's the knuckleheads that always stand out.

#937 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

When something like that happens, I try to focus my anger on the employees. Doesn't the manager have the ability to discount something like that if he wants to? That's probably why I'd never make a good manager; far too willing to give my customers a hand at the expense of maximized profits.

As for the artbook, well, I'd be extremely angry if they tried to pull something like that with me, to the point where I'd be more than happy to get in their faces about it. Stealing is horribly wrong. Simple.

Unfortunately, it was the manager who took over when i quit. He knows that he will have to explain the discount on a new item if he sells it to me, or wait for the next schmuck to come and but it full price no questions asked.

As for the artbook, getting in their faces wont do anything. You dont know if they are lying or not. More often than not, the person you get angry and yell at had nothing to do with the problem. Sometimes they genuinely dont get the pre order bounses (which i hated taking the blame for something corporate failed to send me). Basically the lowly GA at gamestop takes the flak for what BS the managers pull, thats why they have a high turnover rate.

The ONLY thing you can do, is use that survey on the receipt. DONT GIVE THEM A 1, a lot of 1's are immediately ignored. If you want your comment to be heard, rate them a 2-4. Those comments go to the store manager, and more importantly, the district manager. I honestly cannot stress how important those surveys are to people keeping their jobs at gamestop.

#938 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's always a good rule of thumb to never get loud or aggressive when trying to get something out of anyone. This holds perfectly true when dealing with customer service employees. Keep your cool, be friendly but firm, escalate to manager/supervisor if need be and the results are more often than not very good.

:)

#939 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Just got a message from BB

Will ship within 3-5 days.

So much for "leaves warhouse in 1 business day".

Getting this game has become a nightmare.

#940 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Welp, I didn't mean to imply that I'd start shouting at some poor schmuck, but I wouldn't walk out of the store without making sure they knew that I realized that my preorder bonus was swiped. At that point, I wouldn't have picked up my preorder and instead gotten a refund for it, too - the bonus was the only reason I gave 'em my business in the first place.

#941 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Welp, I didn't mean to imply that I'd start shouting at some poor schmuck, but I wouldn't walk out of the store without making sure they knew that I realized that my preorder bonus was swiped. At that point, I wouldn't have picked up my preorder and instead gotten a refund for it, too - the bonus was the only reason I gave 'em my business in the first place.

They are counting on you not doing this. With how hard the game is to find, people are swallowing the missing artbook (at least at my local store) because they know they cannot get the game elsewhere. The other thing they are telling customers is "the artbooks will be arriving shortly". So you pick up the game, and come back later for the book. When you realize the book isnt coming, you cannot cancel the preorder and only get a refund if you havent opened it.

#942 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Just got a message from BB

Will ship within 3-5 days.

So much for "leaves warhouse in 1 business day".

To be fair, I had an order from BB.com last year that was backordered and it came in fine. I am hoping its just a we are waiting for shipment.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#943 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

To be fair, I had an order from BB.com last year that was backordered and it came in fine. I am hoping its just a we are waiting for shipment.

Yeah, im looking through my past orders from BB, my sony 3dtv said 3-5 days, and shipped that night.

Fingers crossed.

It also says that the order cannot be cancelled as the item has already been prepared to ship. This gives me hope.

#944 Ryouko

Ryouko

Where's my danish?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Picked up my pre-order from Game Stop this morning, along with the artbook. :3 No problems!

#945 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Picked up my pre-order from Game Stop this morning, along with the artbook. :3 No problems!

Yup, me too. Don't wait for them to call / text you, if you pre ordered the game just go in (call ahead if you want) and get it. They told me they didn't even have enough for every preorder so I felt pretty lucky.

#946 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just got my game and book from GS. They didn't get enough games to cover their pre-orders. Glad I went in early

#947 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

You forgot this:

#firstworldproblems

#948 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Following up on my previous post, my GameStop in Westerville, Ohio has RECEIVED all pre-order copies of the game! Hopefully this is similar news across the country.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#949 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

You forgot this:

#firstworldproblems

Inorite!

Im a huge fan of first world problems... speaking of which, my coffee is cold...brb

#950 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Bundle update on my end. GameStop charged my card (again) and now my order shows that it has the Artbook added to my order. Still hasn't shipped though.

#951 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Picked up my copy with art book! In and out in 2 minutes, no problem.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#952 adimento1

adimento1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

checked Gamestop again today, they got the game but not my bundle yet. Said they should have it tomorrow or Friday. They also assured me they would guard my art books with their life
"We're gonna sit at our desks and keep typing while the walls fall down around us because we're Creative, the least important, most important thing there is." – Don Draper

#953 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

checked Gamestop again today, they got the game but not my bundle yet. Said they should have it tomorrow or Friday. They also assured me they would guard my art books with their life

they will. That's because once your artbook arrives on the truck, it will be their artbook. :lol:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#954 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Thats what Gamestop's Facebook page said. The pre-orders for the games should be in gamestop by today and the bundle by friday.

#955 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Much like with the Xenoblade artbook, I didn't feel like tempting any of my local gamestop employees to pocket my promo item. So I went in and picked it up without any issues today. Thanks for mentioning that they had them, because I never received any sort of phone call or anything.

I'm sorry for anyone that has had their pre-order items go missing. In all the time I've preordered from Gamestop, the only thing that "disappeared" was the Fire Emblem DS art print. At the time, there was a great manager working at a local store that actually drove down to another store, picked up a print, and brought it back to my closest store for me. I guess in theory he could have made whomever stole it return the item, but I have no reason to doubt what he said.

#956 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just called the GS where I have the game preordered in Los Angeles and they still don't have the game in stock. They think maybe by tomorrow.

#957 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Called my local GS again. They only got 4 copies in today, so the first 4 preorders who happened to show up earlier in the day got them. I was told that they may get more of their preorder allocation in on Friday, but that's not going to do me a whole hell of a lot of good if my area is going to get the huge blizzard we're expecting on Friday. :-/

#958 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

No luck today for me with my pre-order. I don't even care about the pre-order artbook anymore... I just want my game. And this just recently came in the mail yesterday.

Posted Image
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#959 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Nice spoiler :)
Posted Image

#960 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

FYI, Wal-mart in Hanover, MD had 8-10 copies while I was there 2 hrs ago.