Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1051 lt_homer

lt_homer

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

well some news for you amazon people like myself i got some info .. if the CS was telling the TRUTH OR just BS

if you ordered later then Jan 15 your still have 1 to 2 weeks to wait or longer

orders after jan 22 3 to 5 weeks or longer ....

screw them i just buy it from target sunday

i ordered 2 weeks ago and mine shipped today.

#1052 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Amazon shipped my copy today. Should be getting it on Tuesday.

]

#1053 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Amazon shipped my copy today. Should be getting it on Tuesday.

When did you order if you don't mind me asking

#1054 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

I originally placed my order on Jan-17, but cancelled and reordered on Jan-23 to get it a few dollars cheaper through my golden box deal.

]

#1055 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

I originally placed my order on Jan-17, but cancelled and reordered on Jan-23 to get it a few dollars cheaper through my golden box deal.

I see, I ordered very late. Blunder on my part but I never had this much trouble getting a fire emblem title unless I waited months.

#1056 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

on Wednesday, I called the gs where I reserved a bundle. manager? told me they didn't get any - maybe Friday. I call today a bit after 12pm and a guy tells me they got the games and bundles in but when I asked about the artbook he said by Tuesday (he went to ask someone) which is when they will hold my bundle until as well.

A few hours later I read that the store did get artbooks so I call again. I believe the same guy picks up and tells me that there are only a few left. When I ask if they can hold it for me with my bundle he says no as there are too few artbooks for the bundle reserves - first come first serve.

So I get to the store about an hour later and find out that there are no more artbooks. The girl that rang me up asked the guy who I believe is the one I spoke with and he says there was only a couple.

The store across the street apparently didn't have any either.

Oh and the 3ds box is a bit beat up around the corners. The serial # sticker is also half-on the box as well.

Gonna stop going to this place as well. I had Ni No Kuni paid off in full since Nov and they didn't have enough steelbooks. When I went to pickup on Wednesday the guy tried to give me an opened copy as well. He gave me some bs how they sold out of sealed copies. Pretty sure some non-preorders got actual new games.

I feel your pains. I pre-ordered my copy as well but I didn't get steelbook and the GUY is JERK (Independence Commons, MO). I end up return the game on the SPOT & Walked out the DOOR. Save me $65-ish I'll waits when the price it drop below $30 now ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#1057 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Well.. i said screw it and opened it

Jesus Christ.. friggin youtube. Made a quick unboxing video earlier today, had some trouble uploading it to youtube. It finally went up though if anyone wants to see it with the game, artbook, and a color comparison with an old blue DS lite. Plus you get to see my messy ass bedroom. Free cookie to anyone who spots the okami doll ;P

Im a bit disapointed with the color actually. I assumed it was a really deep blue like the old cobalt/royal blue looking DS lites, but its quite a bit lighter

anyway i'll read the rest of the thread since i last posted tomorow its friggin late. Im curious how happy most of you are with this thing
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1058 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Those who want them

amazon via go hastings has 3 left at

39.84 + 4 shipping
WOOOO I STINK

#1059 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

That's not a bad deal for go hastings.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1060 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

The game is now OOS for shipping on both BestBuy.com and Target.com

#1061 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

If uou cant find a copy of the game at target or at bestbuy, check your local walmart. I got mine from them. Alot of times people forget that walmart also carry games in their stores. Hehe

#1062 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

If uou cant find a copy of the game at target or at bestbuy, check your local walmart. I got mine from them. Alot of times people forget that walmart also carry games in their stores. Hehe

This. Managed to snag the last one at my local Walmart, which was win-lose as I wanted to get two for me and my friend. But, alas. He has to wait haha

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

My Ebay Page (I will generally offer lower prices to CAGS if interested in any items)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/balderhash/m.html?item=271217054077&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

#1063 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Does anyone know if Kmart has or will get copies of Fire Emblem? I know some of the other local stores got 1-3 copies (all sold out now)

But I when I went to Kmart and asked about the game I got the Deer in headlights look and the generic "if we carry it it will be stocked on the shelf" response which I know isn't true because on most Tuesday's I'd have to ask the employee to look in the back for the game.

#1064 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Does anyone know if Kmart has or will get copies of Fire Emblem? I know some of the other local stores got 1-3 copies (all sold out now)

But I when I went to Kmart and asked about the game I got the Deer in headlights look and the generic "if we carry it it will be stocked on the shelf" response which I know isn't true because on most Tuesday's I'd have to ask the employee to look in the back for the game.

It looks like they will be carrying it. On their website it says "Coming Soon" with a release date of 2/10 (tomorrow). Who knows if this is spot-on accurate, but it looks like they will be stocking it.

http://www.kmart.com...=3&blockType=G3

#1065 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Called every store in my area that carries Fire Emblem and no luck. One of the Gamestops in Rockaway, NJ (Outside the mall) did still have one 3DS bundle. Luckily I found that Toys R Us is taking pre-orders for the game online with a February 12th release date. They have free standard shipping for pre-orders right now. Also I work at Toys R Us so I'll return it and rebuy it with my 10% discount. I'm in no rush with my giant backlog.

#1066 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

The best buy by me had two copies. They must have received them yesterday cause they didn't have any since Tuesday and someone had to go to the back to find it. I'm looking forward to play it. I just need to find time to play it now that i have a 1 month old in the house now.

#1067 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

The best buy by me had two copies. They must have received them yesterday cause they didn't have any since Tuesday and someone had to go to the back to find it. I'm looking forward to play it. I just need to find time to play it now that i have a 1 month old in the house now.

I was in the same boat last year. I found a good pair of headphones and would rock the baby to sleep while playing Dark Souls. I looked forward to the baby's nap every two hours, lol. Picking up my copy of Fire Emblem next week, psyched to try this out, there's a ton of favorable reviews. Haven't played a strategy game since Shining Force on the Genesis. Geez, I'm old.

#1068 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

For anyone like me who was worried that your online gamestop preorder was not going to include the artbook because it was not itemized on your invoice im happy to say mine was in fact included. Just received it in the mail and im ready to aid Chrom in kicking that booty. :D I pre-ordered on Jan 17th for reference.

#1069 jbman289

jbman289

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yeah Kmart's carrying it. I just got my copy from there on Wednesday. I'm not sure how many they were carrying initially but my local Kmart had one left after I got mine.

#1070 Aleth

Aleth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Picked up my copy Friday before work Friday. Went to work and came out realizing my car was locked with my keys inside. I had to drive home in my uncle's truck and now I head back to go to work and unlock the car with my spare key. I might finally play it tomorrow.

#1071 bdude70

bdude70

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Picked up a copy at my local Toysrus today. Dunno how many copies they had, because they still use the stupid ticket system.

#1072 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Picked up my copy I pre-ordered today. Got lucky and ended up with an extra art book :D (they had one extra than they had pre-orders and gave it to me for renewing my PUR card.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#1073 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Went to Kmart tonight and they had 3 copies, I bought one, and while talking about the game with the store clerk he decided to set aside his own copy after I told him that not even GameStop had copies online or in store.
Currently Playing: :360: El Shaddai :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Earthbound :pc: Bioshock infinite
:3ds: Pokemon Y, Bravely Default :xb1: AC4: Black flag, PvZ:Garden Warfare, Titanfall
fs_overall.png
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#1074 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Went to Kmart tonight and they had 3 copies, I bought one, and while talking about the game with the store clerk he decided to set aside his own copy after I told him that not even GameStop had copies online or in store.

My Kmart is so stupid. I went in this week and got the "if it isn't in the display we don't have it" response.

So after others reported seeing it there I went back today during the snowstorm. I guess only 4 employees showed up (the rest called out).

The employee that tried helping me said no one had keys to the storage area so he couldn't check "out back".

He also said he couldn't look in their computer using the online KSN (item #).

It's killing me because I know they have it and the one reliable employee that has helped me in the past hasn't been working during my past two visits.

If it wasn't for layaway and being a hub for the public transportation system that place would have closed shop years ago.

#1075 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

My Kmart is so stupid. I went in this week and got the "if it isn't in the display we don't have it" response.

So after others reported seeing it there I went back today during the snowstorm. I guess only 4 employees showed up (the rest called out).

The employee that tried helping me said no one had keys to the storage area so he couldn't check "out back".

It's killing me because I know they have it and the one reliable employee that has helped me in the past hasn't been working during my past two visits.

If it wasn't for layaway and being a hub for the public transportation system that place would have closed shop years ago.

Kmart should be stocking Fire Emblem, it is actually in the weekly AD starting tomorrow.

Also ToysRus are taking pre-orders for the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=19347206

#1076 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yea the Kmart I went to is so rundown I'm surprised it's still open. I only went cause Kmart.com said it had fire emblem in stock and I remembered how empty the store was that last time I was there, which was at least six years ago. Just lucked out I guess.
Currently Playing: :360: El Shaddai :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Earthbound :pc: Bioshock infinite
:3ds: Pokemon Y, Bravely Default :xb1: AC4: Black flag, PvZ:Garden Warfare, Titanfall
fs_overall.png
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#1077 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Mine finally shipped from Amazon yesterday. Was in a Gamestop today in Rochester, MN and they said no copies but they knew Wal-Mart had some copies near there last time they checked. So good luck if anyone lives near there and wants one. Check ahead first.

#1078 xarthan

xarthan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

I went to Gamestop to check if they had the game in stock, and nope. However seems someone canceled their pre-order for the 3ds bundle, so I picked that up. Forgot to ask about the art book, oh well. :)

#1079 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm so glad that I pre-ordered. I went in my Gamestop last month to pick up a game on the chance that they may have it (according to the online stock check), but they didn't, so I ended up getting something else and it occurred to me that FE was releasing soon so I decided to put 5 down on it. I usually pre-order from Amazon, but I thought "what the hell" at the time. So glad I did. I called once I got off of work to check if they had received their stock (since they pushed the release back due to the shipping/supply issue) and could tell immediately in the employees' tone when he asked me if I had a pre-order that he was about deliver some bad news. Thankfully I did, and they still had the art book saved for me.

What's the deal though? Nintendo not meeting the demand (or underestimating it) or are they just having manufacturing issues? They've actually been advertising for the game. Hell, as I'm typing this a commercial for the game is playing on my TV in the background.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1080 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

I got the artbook today. It's so glossy. :D