Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I would get this if it were XL... oh well?[/QUOTE]

Get it and then keep it sealed. Store in closet for eons, then sell on eBay.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Get it and then keep it sealed. Store in closet for eons, then sell on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather invest in something else

Honestly, if this is true, I'll be sorely tempted to buy it just because it's Fire Emblem-related. Doesn't matter that I already have both a 3DS and 3DS XL.

...have I made it clear how much I love the series yet?

[quote name='Nintendonly']What "source(s)"? That random user on a fantard site?[/QUOTE]

I don't really care about this bundle very much so I wasn't going to go into details but since you asked-

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194059

As you can see the supposed ad that picture given as proof was supposed to be on a Game Informer magazine, and the thread I linked previously from a very dedicated Fire Emblem fansite confirmed that there was no such ad in the magazine issue in question.

I'm trying to spare some people from getting their hopes up just to get them crushed but hey, believe what you wish.

[quote name='alangst']So its not an XL? I didn't even realize they were still making the normal 3ds'.[/QUOTE]

Of course. They didn't stop producing the DSi when the DSiXL came out, why would they stop producing the 3DS?

[quote name='Slade']I don't really care about this bundle very much so I wasn't going to go into details but since you asked-

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194059

As you can see the supposed ad that picture given as proof was supposed to be on a Game Informer magazine, and the thread I linked previously from a very dedicated Fire Emblem fansite confirmed that there was no such ad in the magazine issue in question.

I'm trying to spare some people from getting their hopes up just to get them crushed but hey, believe what you wish.[/QUOTE]
That person on Serene's Forest provided no proof, and the NeoGAF thread is still going strong. NeoGAF has a strict filtering system as to who becomes a member. I can sign up right now on Serene's Forest and start posting BS.

Who to believe...

[quote name='Nintendonly']That person on Serene's Forest provided no proof, and the NeoGAF thread is still going strong. NeoGAF has a strict filtering system as to who becomes a member. I can sign up right now on Serene's Forest and start posting BS.

Who to believe...[/QUOTE]

Yes, the poster has had an account there since 2001 so I'm sure he's just fake debunking a rumor for giggles.

Like I said, believe whatever you wish(makes no difference to me) but I would recommend to others to have a healthy dose of skepticism until the actual bundles start showing up on repeatable retailers for sale.

[quote name='Slade']Yes, the poster has had an account there since 2001 so I'm sure he's just fake debunking a rumor for giggles.

Like I said, believe whatever you wish(makes no difference to me) but I would recommend to others to have a healthy dose of skepticism until the actual bundles start showing up on repeatable retailers for sale.[/QUOTE]

Posted a few posts after the one you linked to-

yF3Xz.jpg

Personally, I'm glad it's not on a 3DS XL. I bought one during the $160 sale, and I'd have been pretty upset if a limited edition, Fire Emblem themed XL came out a couple of months after that.

As someone who doesn't have a 3DS of any kind, not bundling a XL means I'll just skip over this. Though honestly, I prob wouldn't have bought it anyway but at the right price + XL, I would definitely do a double take

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shi, I'm going to get this. I was upset that the bundled Flame Red 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land didn't look any different than the old one, so I'll be getting this just to get something a bit unique.

As long as it's at Best Buy, I should be able to get it cheap. I got a lot of reward points there.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Personally, I'm glad it's not on a 3DS XL. I bought one during the $160 sale, and I'd have been pretty upset if a limited edition, Fire Emblem themed XL came out a couple of months after that.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I'd have just bought the FE LE bundle and sold the MK7 one from BB.

Now that I think about it, I'm just gonna buy it. Let's hope an official announcement comes soon on retailers. Prefer BB.

Don't they have to do this soon since FE comes out in 3 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm preordering this once it goes up on Amazon. I was hoping this would come to the US but I really didn't think it would. Wish it was an XL though.

Well if we do get it, I might trade in my DS Lite toward it.....I'd still have to decide though. Not sure how much use it would be having 2 3DS's. Especially since you cant share downloads

I'd really prefer to just save for that beautiful Soul Sacrifice Vita

[quote name='Green Card200']I'm preordering this once it goes up on Amazon. I was hoping this would come to the US but I really didn't think it would. Wish it was an XL though.[/QUOTE]

Have you been in a coma for the last year? Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware anymore due to a dispute. The listings you see on Amazon for the 3DS and 3DSXL are all third party.

[quote name='Green Card200']I'm preordering this once it goes up on Amazon. I was hoping this would come to the US but I really didn't think it would. Wish it was an XL though.[/QUOTE]Amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles as a first party anymore so I doubt you'll be able to preorder.

[quote name='ProudLoz']Oh shi, I'm going to get this. I was upset that the bundled Flame Red 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land didn't look any different than the old one, so I'll be getting this just to get something a bit unique.

As long as it's at Best Buy, I should be able to get it cheap. I got a lot of reward points there.[/QUOTE]

It did look different than the old one, that was the problem. :cry:

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']It's a handheld Nintendo product. It can't be "badass".[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='excellen']Amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles as a first party anymore so I doubt you'll be able to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, do you know why? I have $300 in amazon credit.

I've been jonesing for a 3ds xl lately, but I guess I'll wait around and see if they put out anymore good bundles. I found the Mario kart bundle for $189, so maybe I'll go ahead and pick that one up.

[quote name='Green Card200']Damn it, do you know why? I have $300 in amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows the exact reason, but some seem to think it was due to Amazon having to honor too many replacements for faulty hardware (3DS screen scratchings, DS Lite hinges, etc.) and not getting credited for them.

[quote name='Wario64']I'd rather invest in something else[/QUOTE]

Investing in limited edition DSes is an easy and surprisingly lucrative opportunity.

I just checked my email for the limited edition zelda 3ds:

zelda 3ds, 194.84, 12/2011

current price on amazon, $390 new, assume 20% in fees = $312, $312 - 195 = $117, 60% profit in 13 months

The weird thing is I think every limited edition gameboy type has been like this. The first time I really got clued into this was the green gameboy SP from target

I didn't realize Fire Emblem was that big of a game to warrant a bundle...especially stateside. Are the games any good? It's a Srpg right?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Nobody knows the exact reason, but some seem to think it was due to Amazon having to honor too many replacements for faulty hardware (3DS screen scratchings, DS Lite hinges, etc.) and not getting credited for them.[/QUOTE]

I see. Hopefully newegg gets it then.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I would get this if it were XL... oh well?[/QUOTE]
the regular 3ds is better

[quote name='Nintendonly']Posted a few posts after the one you linked to-

Good, hope it's true.

[quote name='Edzo04']the regular 3ds is better[/QUOTE]

Why? The upscaling?

Gosh I want this, I was actually hoping it won't get a state side release because I knew I would buy it. Than again only time will tell...

Most likely people who are saying 3ds is better than 3ds xl are the ones who cant upgrade.. Or just refuse to because they mad at nintendoooo. (even though we already knew from the beggining they would release a new 3ds design).

bread's done
Back