Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1081 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm so glad that I pre-ordered. I went in my Gamestop last month to pick up a game on the chance that they may have it (according to the online stock check), but they didn't, so I ended up getting something else and it occurred to me that FE was releasing soon so I decided to put 5 down on it. I usually pre-order from Amazon, but I thought "what the hell" at the time. So glad I did. I called once I got off of work to check if they had received their stock (since they pushed the release back due to the shipping/supply issue) and could tell immediately in the employees' tone when he asked me if I had a pre-order that he was about deliver some bad news. Thankfully I did, and they still had the art book saved for me.

What's the deal though? Nintendo not meeting the demand (or underestimating it) or are they just having manufacturing issues? They've actually been advertising for the game. Hell, as I'm typing this a commercial for the game is playing on my TV in the background.

I have a theory that they made a limited print run for the hardcore gamers who want a physical copy and are hoping everyone else buys it digitally.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#1082 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have a theory that they made a limited print run for the hardcore gamers who want a physical copy and are hoping everyone else buys it digitally.

I think so too. I think they're just trying to push digital downloads more and more since a lot of Nintendo games are being released on the e-shop now. I don't really know why else the print run would be so limited, they didn't even say it was going to be a small run before it was released did they?

#1083 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

i got matched for the game on VGgames and the seller was kind enough to cancel the transaction (digital code)

game isnt long enough for 40 bucks digital code for me....though i will be more then happy if i get match for any sort of Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan i even take digital code on that one
WOOOO I STINK

#1084 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

They likely didnt print to many because Fire Emblem doesnt do well in the US.

#1085 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

They likely didnt print to many because Fire Emblem doesnt do well in the US.

This is what I think. Even with Smash helping to spread the fan base, it's still not big. I'm shocked though that the demand is extremely high. I guess word of mouth worked better this time around.

#1086 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don't know if I believe in the idea that they're not going to print many; I've seen that embarrassing commercial on television at least twice a day for the past week or two.

#1087 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I, too, am a bit surprised at the low stock on the physical copies of the game. When I picked mine up from Gamestop on Tuesday, both the Target (3 copies) and Best Buy (7 copies) in town had games available on the shelf...so I figured the "shipping delay" had been resolved.

Much to my surprise, EVERYWHERE in the 4-state region is sold out currently and, based on past shipping trends from Nintendo during this quarter (e.g. non-holiday), I would imagine a 1-3 week wait until the second shipment.

On the upside, the game is amazing and, in true CAG fashion, I basically got the game for free. I ended up selling my artbook on ebay for ~$37 Tuesday afternoon which, after fees, provided a net gain of $32. In the end, this translates to about $10 spent for the game on release.

#1088 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

This is what I think. Even with Smash helping to spread the fan base, it's still not big. I'm shocked though that the demand is extremely high. I guess word of mouth worked better this time around.

I'm about 20 hours in and this is by far the best Fire Emblem I've played and I played all the US releases. I think the word of mouth has to be helping. The few people I know that picked it up are definitely trying to spread the word on how good this one is. Hopefully that is helping to generate sales and seeing how quickly it sold out when stores finally got copies I think its doing much better than Nintendo expected.
Posted Image

#1089 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

I, too, am a bit surprised at the low stock on the physical copies of the game. When I picked mine up from Gamestop on Tuesday, both the Target (3 copies) and Best Buy (7 copies) in town had games available on the shelf...so I figured the "shipping delay" had been resolved.

Much to my surprise, EVERYWHERE in the 4-state region is sold out currently and, based on past shipping trends from Nintendo during this quarter (e.g. non-holiday), I would imagine a 1-3 week wait until the second shipment.

On the upside, the game is amazing and, in true CAG fashion, I basically got the game for free. I ended up selling my artbook on ebay for ~$37 Tuesday afternoon which, after fees, provided a net gain of $32. In the end, this translates to about $10 spent for the game on release.

nice job. how do u know the fees on ebay? I mean is there a difference buy it now vs start price? Sorry new to ebay.

#1090 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

nice job. how do u know the fees on ebay? I mean is there a difference buy it now vs start price? Sorry new to ebay.

I've had a seller account on ebay for the past decade (or so), and I know people tend to buy more from established, trusted sellers...so take this with a grain of salt.

The various fees on ebay come from:

1. Listing fees
2. Closing fees (a set % of final price, depending on the type of item and auction format)
3. Electronic payment transfer fees (e.g. paypal)

Up until a few years ago, some sellers used to get away from "paying" these fees by gouging buyers on shipping and handling charges. With the inclusion of our ability to sort listings by price+shipping and shipping cost caps (for some items), this has been minimized (to an extent). I personally only ever charged reasonable S&H fees, so I didn't feel the backlash after the changes were implemented.

#1091 sp1cychick3n

sp1cychick3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

OK, guys and gals, I need your help. I'm interested in 3DS but I do not know what model to get. I've heard that the XL is not as comfortable but I've never found any specifics. Can anyone, who has both models, share the advantages and disadvantages of both models? I would really appreciate it. This bundle does interest me but I don't know if I should go with the normal 3ds model or the XL. Thanks in advance.

#1092 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I've had a seller account on ebay for the past decade (or so), and I know people tend to buy more from established, trusted sellers...so take this with a grain of salt.

1. Listing fees
2. Closing fees (a set % of final price, depending on the type of item and auction format)

Up until a few years ago, some sellers used to get away from "paying" these fees by gouging buyers on shipping and handling charges. With the inclusion of our ability to sort listings by price+shipping and shipping cost caps (for some items), this has been minimized (to an extent). I personally only ever charged reasonable S&H fees, so I didn't feel the backlash after the changes were implemented.

People still use eBay to sell stuff? Amazon is better.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1093 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

People still use eBay to sell stuff? Amazon is better.

Not really. They charge more.

elessar123.png

#1094 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Not really. They charge more.

In my experience, I can commonly get more for an item on Amazon than on ebay.

#1095 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

If anyone's looking for a copy, PM me. I was going to take back this extra copy to Target in the morning, but didn't realize it was sold out everywhere. I'd prefer to help someone on here than return it.

#1096 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

1. Listing fees

ebay takes more fees on BUY IT NOW instead of auction i think 12.5 comapir to 10%
WOOOO I STINK

#1097 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Amazon market place is butt expensive...was taken about 22% in total

#1098 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

If you sell a video game for $61+3.99 on Amazon, you get back $54.34, pre-shipping costs.

On ebay, if you sell the same item for $64.99 with free shipping, you get back $54.49, pre-shipping costs.

Not a big difference.

If you're a top seller on ebay, you get back $55.66.

elessar123.png

#1099 Hextech Raven

Hextech Raven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

OK, guys and gals, I need your help. I'm interested in 3DS but I do not know what model to get. I've heard that the XL is not as comfortable but I've never found any specifics. Can anyone, who has both models, share the advantages and disadvantages of both models? I would really appreciate it. This bundle does interest me but I don't know if I should go with the normal 3ds model or the XL. Thanks in advance.

I don't own both models, but I've had the chance to play a few games on a friend's XL and I loved it enough to purchase one for myself.

Advantages of 3DS XL
+ Bigger screen
+ Screen locks into two different positions instead of just one
+ The 3D slider locks off
+ Better ergonomics if you have big hands
+ Matte finish and, IMO, the buttons and slide pad are made much better

Disadvantages of 3DS XL
- Some pixellation due to bigger screen
- Larger form factor might make it awkward to carry around
- Doesn't work with current circle pad pro (Nintendo hasn't released the XL version in the US yet)

These are just what I see as the pros/cons between the two, and I'm sure others could add to it.

OT: I wonder if the 'pre-order' on Newegg will actually go through on Tuesday. I tried looking around at my local B&M stores, but didn't have much luck :/

sig.gif

#1100 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

3DS XL also has worse / less powerful speakers if you use speakers over headphones (like me)

#1101 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

The 3DSXL is also heavier and some report hands cramping up from this, which is why I got the regular one.

More expensive, but not by much if you can find a sale, BB had it for $170 a couple weeks ago from what I recall, but now its back to $199

The (regular) 3DS has a serious issue with the edges of the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen and leaving smudges then scratches after a while. I know, mine does this so its not a myth at all. I am not sure if this was fixed on the XL but its something to look into.

Also the buttons on the bottom screen will come in contact with the top screen and cause scratches almost instantly.

If you do buy the regular 3DS you need to slap a top screen protector on it as soon as you open it for the first time or else you WILL get scratches all over the top screen.

Putting something inbetween the 2 screens doesn't seem to work and is a huge pain, as the smudges still occur somehow, I tried it and it did not work for me. Even though I put a screen protector on the top screen of mine the screen protector is seriously indented on the right side from the flaw.

A bottom screen protector is a must as well for any DS system put huge gouges in my screen protector just from normal playing (on every DS I have had) and I don't even play action games, I play Pokemon & RPG games. The type of screen protector I use does not matter, it will get gouged, I just buy a couple packs from ebay.

#1102 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

3DS XL also has worse / less powerful speakers if you use speakers over headphones (like me)

The 3DS XL's "weak" sound can be fixed by going in the menu and setting the sound to "stereo" which for some baffling reason it isn't by default. Unless you've done that and it's still worse, I wouldn't really know since I haven't used a regular 3DS much. I just know that I noticed a big difference immediately after changing that one setting.

#1103 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Your best shot at getting the game in-store now would probably be Kmart. Most Kmarts just got the game this weekend, and after doing a check of area stores in multiple cities here in Ohio, most of them have it in-stock, which is probably a similar case around the rest of the country.

Here's the page for Kmart if you wanna find out:

http://www.kmart.com...=3&blockType=G3

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1104 Wolfnix90

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Your best shot at getting the game in-store now would probably be Kmart. Most Kmarts just got the game this weekend, and after doing a check of area stores in multiple cities here in Ohio, most of them have it in-stock, which is probably a similar case around the rest of the country.

Here's the page for Kmart if you wanna find out:

http://www.kmart.com...=3&blockType=G3

doesnt seem like theres any by the cleveland area :(

#1105 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Holy crap this game is getting rare quickly. I better get my butt into gear.

#1106 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Holy crap this game is getting rare quickly. I better get my butt into gear.

I can't believe that there won't be a reprint, I mean...there has to be, right?

#1107 panzerjedi

panzerjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

I can't believe that there won't be a reprint, I mean...there has to be, right?

I'm willing to bet it's either unexpected demand or bad luck with the distribution. If I remember correctly, Theatrhythm was hard to find at first due to unexpected high demand and went for crazy prices on eBay/Amazon. Now it's easy to find and was even hella cheap during Amazon's Black Friday & Christmas push.

#1108 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

What do you think is a better investment for this game? The 3ds bundle with the game preinstalled? Or the physical game itself?

I have a 3ds and a 3ds XML already, FYI. But I don't mind buying a third system!

#1109 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I'm willing to bet it's either unexpected demand or bad luck with the distribution. If I remember correctly, Theatrhythm was hard to find at first due to unexpected high demand and went for crazy prices on eBay/Amazon. Now it's easy to find and was even hella cheap during Amazon's Black Friday & Christmas push.

I'm going to put my money on the fact that Nintendo messed up distribution with the random Monday release date. Is Fire Emblem known to go OOP quickly? Theatrhythm may be another story since the Final Fantasy games do tend to get cheap faster than most with FF13-2 being a prime example. I'm afraid that if I hesitate and wait for a B2G1 (we may get one in late March if last year serves as an example) that it won't be around.

RayeKasai.png

#1110 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Theres some in stock at my local kmart (5 blocks from my house). Was hoping to use my leftover gamestop credit to buy it, but I might just have to go pick this up at kmart tomorrow. Read the reviews, seems beyond awesome. Thanks for the kmart stock tip!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image