Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1111 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Are people really speculating that this NEW RELEASE is already going out of print? Seriously?
Posted Image

#1112 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

What do you think is a better investment for this game? The 3ds bundle with the game preinstalled? Or the physical game itself?

I have a 3ds and a 3ds XML already, FYI. But I don't mind buying a third system!

The 3ds would probably be a better investment, but I have a feeling physical will also go up in price in few years. Fire Emblem for DS new is already around $80. I think the best choice would be to get both bundle, the physical game, and the Gamestop promo artbook, if you can still find it.

#1113 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

The 3DS XL's "weak" sound can be fixed by going in the menu and setting the sound to "stereo" which for some baffling reason it isn't by default. Unless you've done that and it's still worse, I wouldn't really know since I haven't used a regular 3DS much. I just know that I noticed a big difference immediately after changing that one setting.

no it doesn't, 3ds xl speakers are cheaper . weaker by default, it's already mentioned by Nintendo of Japan directly. it is noticable for me as well, I mainly play 3DS in my house and I can tell the difference easily, it's not minor.

#1114 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

no it doesn't, 3ds xl speakers are cheaper . weaker by default, it's already mentioned by Nintendo of Japan directly. it is noticable for me as well, I mainly play 3DS in my house and I can tell the difference easily, it's not minor.

QFT! On my old 3DS I could hear everything perfectly fine at half volume and sometimes I found even that was a bit loud at times, whereas with the XL I need to jack the volume up all the way to even be able to hear the game. I have pretty good hearing too so I know it's not me. :cry:

#1115 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Fair enough, I prefer headphones anyway. I still think there would be less complaints about the sound if not for that one weird setting though.

#1116 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Wow. I was really nonchalant in purchasing both the 3DS Bundle as well as the game. No troubles at all. Both are still sealed, and maybe it'll be smarter to keep it that way? I can afford a download :)

#1117 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

i have a feeling this fire emblem 3ds will not raise in market price for many years so go ahead an open it unless if you can wait 10 years or something

#1118 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Damnit! just found out that the good local Gamestop around here is closing in a few weeks =( this is the place where they actually had good employees that hooked me up with pre order swag and other junk. With this one going away i doubt i'll be buying stuff from GS much anymore. Man what a bummer. The other one in town is horrible and staffed by idiots

I don't know if I believe in the idea that they're not going to print many; I've seen that embarrassing commercial on television at least twice a day for the past week or two.

Christ, i know, right? Can the voice over guy possibly sound any more bored?

The (regular) 3DS has a serious issue with the edges of the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen and leaving smudges then scratches after a while. I know, mine does this so its not a myth at all. I am not sure if this was fixed on the XL but its something to look into.

Also the buttons on the bottom screen will come in contact with the top screen and cause scratches almost instantly.

If you do buy the regular 3DS you need to slap a top screen protector on it as soon as you open it for the first time or else you WILL get scratches all over the top screen.

Putting something inbetween the 2 screens doesn't seem to work and is a huge pain, as the smudges still occur somehow, I tried it and it did not work for me. Even though I put a screen protector on the top screen of mine the screen protector is seriously indented on the right side from the flaw.

A bottom screen protector is a must as well for any DS system put huge gouges in my screen protector just from normal playing (on every DS I have had) and I don't even play action games, I play Pokemon & RPG games. The type of screen protector I use does not matter, it will get gouged, I just buy a couple packs from ebay.

What the Fuck? Can anyone confirm this? This seems like the kind of thing that i would have heard about by now if its true or that nintendo would have caught.. i cant see them desining it so poorly that the buttons scratch the top screen.. or the top screen somehow scratching up/smudging the bottom screen.

Is this a real thing? I may just leave the little pad that came in the system in place if it is o_O and i wont be using it till i get the hori screen protector on

QFT! On my old 3DS I could hear everything perfectly fine at half volume and sometimes I found even that was a bit loud at times, whereas with the XL I need to jack the volume up all the way to even be able to hear the game. I have pretty good hearing too so I know it's not me. :cry:

Hmm so just changing the sound setting doesn't make the audio as good as the regular 3DS? Anyone else notice the difference for sure? This kinda sucks if this is the case. Did they have to shrink the speakers to make room for the larger screen or something?

Even if this is the case, im assuming the headphone out jack puts out the same sound right?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1119 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

What the Fuck? Can anyone confirm this? This seems like the kind of thing that i would have heard about by now if its true or that nintendo would have caught.. i cant see them desining it so poorly that the buttons scratch the top screen.. or the top screen somehow scratching up/smudging the bottom screen.

Is this a real thing?

Yeah, it's a real thing ... but I wouldn't sweat it once you grab a hori screen protector. Until then, just don't put your 3ds in a position where the top and bottom are going to be pushed together (aka in a bag, in your pocket, etc) and it should be fine.

Honestly, I would grab an XL if I had the option, it's a nicer design and they changed things that make it feel higher quality - matte finish, buttons that aren't stickers (yeah, that's real too on the original 3ds). I plan to upgrade later this year if they release a bundle or better colors than red and blue (I can't believe the Nintendo bs that Americans don't buy silver ... ridiculous).

#1120 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Everyone has their preferences. I have big hands and the original 3DS hurts them. The 3DS xl doesn't cramp my hands at all. My 3DS had a longer battery life (cause I bought and installed the battery extender). The 3DS speakers WERE better, but my screen is double the size and my ambassador games look awesome on my 3DSXL.

Ultimately, there's always going to be someone trying to say "This is better" or "that is better" when it's all personal preferences. In my house, in IHOP, at the movies, I have NO issues hear the 3DSXL's speakers. And while there is an occasional crackle if I have it maxed out, it's nothing that detracts me from the other things. In fact, had Fire Emblem released as an XL I would have bought the special edition.

#1121 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Everyone has their preferences. I have big hands and the original 3DS hurts them. The 3DS xl doesn't cramp my hands at all. My 3DS had a longer battery life (cause I bought and installed the battery extender). The 3DS speakers WERE better, but my screen is double the size and my ambassador games look awesome on my 3DSXL.

Ultimately, there's always going to be someone trying to say "This is better" or "that is better" when it's all personal preferences. In my house, in IHOP, at the movies, I have NO issues hear the 3DSXL's speakers. And while there is an occasional crackle if I have it maxed out, it's nothing that detracts me from the other things. In fact, had Fire Emblem released as an XL I would have bought the special edition.

I think it just comes down to your hand size. I have large hands, have both the original and XL 3DS', and I much prefer the XL. I have found speaker quality difference to be negligible at best between the two. And Nintendo fixed the screen touching issue from the original DS, the buttons overall are better, and the screens are bigger! With the large size I feel more like I am holding a controller rather than a cramped for space handheld.

Still, either way you go, you can't really go wrong.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#1122 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Is this a real thing? I may just leave the little pad that came in the system in place if it is o_O and i wont be using it till i get the hori screen protector on

I can confirm this. In fact, the Fire Emblem 3DS was a lot more prone to this than the Flame Red 3DS that I got last December that came with Super Mario 3D Land installed. Since I already knew this was going to happen I did happen to have a screen protector on the side ready to be installed. Unfortunately I went with a Zagg screen protector since I wanted the full body protector on this 3DS and it's not looking all that great thanks to the smudges. My other Flame Red 3DS has the Hori Screen protector and I can tell you that while it does get the scratches on the protector, they're pretty easy to wipe away. So you should be fine.

I never had the issue of the buttons scratching up against the top LCD like someone else suggested here though.

I honestly don't know how Nintendo managed to miss this. I mean, for their testing I believe they didn't take into consideration that people would put the 3DS in their pockets and use it as a pedometer. I most definitely do that, and if it wasn't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't have the scratched screen symptom. I really doubt it'd be prone to scratching if I just let it sit at home all day long.

#1123 GatekeeperLamb

GatekeeperLamb

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I can confirm this. In fact, the Fire Emblem 3DS was a lot more prone to this than the Flame Red 3DS that I got last December that came with Super Mario 3D Land installed. Since I already knew this was going to happen I did happen to have a screen protector on the side ready to be installed. Unfortunately I went with a Zagg screen protector since I wanted the full body protector on this 3DS and it's not looking all that great thanks to the smudges. My other Flame Red 3DS has the Hori Screen protector and I can tell you that while it does get the scratches on the protector, they're pretty easy to wipe away. So you should be fine.

I never had the issue of the buttons scratching up against the top LCD like someone else suggested here though.

I honestly don't know how Nintendo managed to miss this. I mean, for their testing I believe they didn't take into consideration that people would put the 3DS in their pockets and use it as a pedometer. I most definitely do that, and if it wasn't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't have the scratched screen symptom. I really doubt it'd be prone to scratching if I just let it sit at home all day long.

Because people will buy anything they throw at them with Nintendo's name on it? It's ridiculous.

#1124 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

It still scratches even if you just leave it sitting there closed, though it is more likely to happen if you have it closed and have it in bag or your pocket. This is a very real issue, it is not a myth. The issue seems to be that the sides of the bottom screen come in contact with the top screen. I am guessing that the edges of the top screen were not made long enough so the bottom screen hits it when it's closed. If the edges of the top screen were longer then this would not be an issue. I don't know how Nintendo screwed up on this but they screwed up big time. They also screwed up with the battery life and charging times of this system, and the fact that it seems to get very warm while playing it. Apparently this is normal though as I was playing my cousins system and his also gets very warm. His top screen is also covered in scratches and those smudges and has a loose top hinge that flops around when you play, at least mine doesn't have that.

#1125 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

The scratching is a real issue, but I can also vouch for the fact that I carried mine in a pocket for close to two years and never experienced it. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's also not a guarantee that everyone will face it with their 3DS. Outside of some dirt under the screen (argggggh), my launch 3DS still looks as good as it did when I bought it. No scratches.

That said, again, if you're buying a 3DS... go for the XL. I loved my 3DS, but I honestly can't see myself going back to it after playing the XL. It's night and day.

#1126 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think more shipments are coming in for certain stores like Target, but especially Best Buy. Yesterday I checked the stock of all Best Buys here in Northeast Ohio, and it was unavailable for all of them. But today, almost all of them have new stock. This is encouraging for those who missed out on it last week ago.

Here's the in-stock tracker for Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

Also, Kmart just got their copies in this weekend, so you may have a decent shot there too:

http://www.kmart.com...mblem awakening

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1127 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I think more shipments are coming in for certain stores like Target, but especially Best Buy. Yesterday I checked the stock of all Best Buys here in Northeast Ohio, and it was unavailable for all of them. But today, almost all of them have new stock. This is encouraging for those who missed out on it last week ago.

Also, Kmart just got their copies in this weekend, so you may have a decent shot there too:

I would be wary of using Target's stock tracker. I checked several stores showing in stock yesterday and none of them had it and then several new stores showed it in stock today and in calling those, it's clear they never received copies. Their stock tracker is completely useless.

#1128 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

The scratching is a real issue, but I can also vouch for the fact that I carried mine in a pocket for close to two years and never experienced it. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's also not a guarantee that everyone will face it with their 3DS. Outside of some dirt under the screen (argggggh), my launch 3DS still looks as good as it did when I bought it. No scratches.

That said, again, if you're buying a 3DS... go for the XL. I loved my 3DS, but I honestly can't see myself going back to it after playing the XL. It's night and day.

Same, I have a launch 3DS and there's no scratches. After using a friend's XL, I can definitely say I prefer the XL over the original.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#1129 247

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I ordered onfrom BBY yesterday but they need to ship it to my local store. It now shows in stock, do I have to wait for them to ship the copy I ordered?

#1130 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

THAAAAAAAAAAAANK you for this! I've been checking over and over for a restock.

Many of the San Antonio BBY locations have some in stock right now, 4 left at the BBY at north park location.

#1131 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Picked up my copy of the game at Kmart. Their loyalty program was glitching out, so I couldn't use my $50 I'm club points towards it.

#1132 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I ordered onfrom BBY yesterday but they need to ship it to my local store. It now shows in stock, do I have to wait for them to ship the copy I ordered?

Yes, I believe you do need wait your ship to store copy to arrive. You might be able to cancel your order online or call BestBuy.com to cancel/change your order to store pickup.

#1133 Wolfnix90

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

my local bestbuy finally had a lot of copies today; also noticed my local target and kmart getting em.

#1134 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Been on the lookout for one for my friend, but every store within a reasonable distance is sold out. If anybody could snag a copy for me I'd be extremely grateful!

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

My Tradelist

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#1135 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

about the DOWNLOAD MAPs notice they download to the SD CARD meaning if you have the game BUY THE MAPS... Beat the game trade off the game find the game on sale 6 months from now at 10 buck would those maps be on new cart or will you have to REBUY THEM
WOOOO I STINK

#1136 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

First off, id like to know where you find any Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks.

#1137 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

First off, id like to know where you find any Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks.

target when some worker puts a wrong label on the game :)

i found 4 copies of the GBA fire emblem for like 5.98 still have 2 of them sealed i really should try to sell some day

but back to topic would those download work on a new game
WOOOO I STINK

#1138 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Picked up a copy at my kmart today. They didn't have any in stock, so the guy went to look in the back "cage" for me. He came out with 2 copies (1 for me, the other for the glass case). He said that they were in the cage with a label saying "do not put out until Feb 4th" and said that they just hadn't put any out, ever. Hooray! Game is awesome, btw!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#1139 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Went to a Target that showed In stock on the website tracker, but when I got there, no game was to be found and the sales associated said they don't have any in stock. =/
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#1140 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Lol my BB finally got today, but the employee said everyone had cancelled their pickups already