Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1141 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Went to a Target that showed In stock on the website tracker, but when I got there, no game was to be found and the sales associated said they don't have any in stock. =/

Yep. There is something very screwed up about Target inventory tracker. All day stores have been showing it in stock in various locations but when I call, they either sold out days ago or the employee does the inventory check using the hand scanner gun and it shows that they have not yet received their stock. It's very confusing as I don't understand how the information even gets updated in their system.

#1142 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

First off, id like to know where you find any Fire Emblem game for 10 bucks.

ah geez, looking at Amazon, you're right. I think I still have my GBA versions (enjoyed both), got rid of DS's Shadow Dragon (was meh). I got the latter a couple years ago for $10-11 as I recall. Guess those days are over now. Probably should have kept it to sell it later.

I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet. Probably should play PoR before I decide if I want to dump my Wii.

#1143 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

ah geez, looking at Amazon, you're right. I think I still have my GBA versions (enjoyed both), got rid of DS's Shadow Dragon (was meh). I got the latter a couple years ago for $10-11 as I recall. Guess those days are over now. Probably should have kept it to sell it later.

I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet. Probably should play PoR before I decide if I want to dump my Wii.

If you dig the FE franchise you'll want to keep both games along with the Wii. That said, if you have a Gamecube and are planning on getting a Wii U that is another good option.

#1144 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

So it looks like Best Buy and Kmart are still your best shots at finding the game. Glad to see many people having success!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1145 Chris P Bacon

Chris P Bacon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Looks like Newegg just bumped release date back to the 15th.

#1146 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Finally got my copy of the game from my local GS (the roads around here are still horrific after this past weekend's storm). They had my copy (and artbook) tucked away in a locked cabinet with my name on a list.

#1147 motorkill

motorkill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Finally got my copy from Amazon in today. Thought I'd have to wait a little longer due too the storm. Anybody else get there copy from amazon yet? I only ask cause my brother ordered from amazon and hasn't received his copy yet.

]

#1148 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

My local Best Buy finally got their copies in today. I was looking around and when I didn't find it in the 3DS section, I was a bit disheartened. A store clerk asked me if I needed help and I told him what I was looking for. Come to find out that the game was stocked among the DS and Wii U games. -_-; Oh well -- I'm happy now!

RayeKasai.png

#1149 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

I would like to say Fuck the goddamn postal service. My Fire Emblem was literally one hour from my house in one of those mail centers on the 9th. They shipped it from PA (state that I live in) to Maryland. So it says on my UPS tracking, oh we sent your order to the wrong post office, they are going to send it to you.

How the hell do you mistake a package to Maryland :bomb:. I just want my fucking game and hope that my game actually arrives.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1150 Raiden8816

Raiden8816

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I walked into my local gamestop and they had 2 cancelled FE:A bundles. Picked one up for $147 after trading in Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon.

Excited to play my first FE game.
:xb1: Forza Motorsport 5 / Titanfall
:ps4: Blacklight Retribution / LEGO Marvel SH / Warframe
:3ds: Bravely Default
:vita: Gundam Breaker / Lord of Apocalypse / Hot Shots Golf

#1151 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

I passed another store today and had my receipt from my bundle preorder that I picked up Friday from another store. the guy was cool and gave me an artbook! he said they got more books than preorders which is crazy. I have no idea how GS (assuming corporate does distribution and tells publishers how many to send where) allocates preorder bonuses.

also the other day I saw an ebay listing. the seller says the artbook is not sealed despite the picture showing plastic wrapping. I'm thinking that guy is a gs employee and just took the entire FE artbook package that the store got!

#1152 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

It looks like the game is back up on BB.com. It also appears they're offering a free DLC map. This is probably on the free forum, but here's how it appears on their site.
Fire Emblem: Awakening Free DLC Map

Receive access to the downloadable Champion of Yore 1 map and unlock the Marth character. To receive this map, you will need Wi-Fi access and must play through the fifth mission. Outrealm Gate will appear on the world map once you play through the fifth mission.
Offer dates subject to change. Best Buy is a Nintendo Zone location, which provides a free and automatic Wi-Fi connection. While supplies last.

#1153 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Got my Gamestop.com bundle order with artbook. Yay.

NewEgg is now showing their pre-order date as 2/15/2013.

#1154 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

It looks like the game is back up on BB.com. It also appears they're offering a free DLC map. This is probably on the free forum, but here's how it appears on their site.
Fire Emblem: Awakening Free DLC Map

Receive access to the downloadable Champion of Yore 1 map and unlock the Marth character. To receive this map, you will need Wi-Fi access and must play through the fifth mission. Outrealm Gate will appear on the world map once you play through the fifth mission.
Offer dates subject to change. Best Buy is a Nintendo Zone location, which provides a free and automatic Wi-Fi connection. While supplies last.

FYI, that DLC is not Best Buy exclusive. Nintendo is offering the first DLC for free until 3/06. Unfortunately, you can only download the DLC in game after beating chapter 5.

#1155 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I would like to say Fuck the goddamn postal service. My Fire Emblem was literally one hour from my house in one of those mail centers on the 9th. They shipped it from PA (state that I live in) to Maryland. So it says on my UPS tracking, oh we sent your order to the wrong post office, they are going to send it to you.

How the hell do you mistake a package to Maryland :bomb:. I just want my fucking game and hope that my game actually arrives.

I shipped something first-class from here in Michigan to a CAG in New York a few months back; took more than a week to get there after taking a four-day detour through Florida. I also had a handful of Amazon orders back in late 2011 that would make it into Michigan, get shipped back south into Ohio, and then to a completely different part of Michigan, and just last week I lost a laptop part for a couple of days after it was sent to a post office one digit up from my own (meant to go to 48445; ended up in 48446). Nobody's perfect; these mistakes happen a lot more often than you'd think. Just gotta live with it.

#1156 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

My BB.com order arrived yesterday, 2 days ahead of estimated delivery.

Im so glad i cancelled amazon now and went with BB, with my cert, it came out to $21 shipped.

Ive lost so much faith in amazon i think i might even go back to Gamestop for preorders, as shitty as GS are, at least they dont screw up pre orders often (at least in my area).

#1157 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

had to ask a question.. can someone explain how the hell spotpass works, or rather, what the hell it actually is? I basically just want to get the free marth DLC and then not touch my system until i put the hori protector on it. If i understand right, even to d.load it you need to actually play the game for a while? Can someone whos gotten it explain how to snag it. Id rather not play the game right now, i just want to d.load the friggin DLC. I thought it would be a simple thing but i see no option for it on the menu or anything. Cant i d.load it now and use it later, or do i actually have to play it?

It seems spotpass and DLC characters are 2 different things? Dont get why its so complicated. Other systems with launch dlc you just click an in game menu, or enter the code immediately before playing
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1158 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

had to ask a question.. can someone explain how the hell spotpass works, or rather, what the hell it actually is? I basically just want to get the free marth DLC and then not touch my system until i put the hori protector on it. If i understand right, even to d.load it you need to actually play the game for a while? Can someone whos gotten it explain how to snag it. Id rather not play the game right now, i just want to d.load the friggin DLC. I thought it would be a simple thing but i see no option for it on the menu or anything. Cant i d.load it now and use it later, or do i actually have to play it?

It seems spotpass and DLC characters are 2 different things? Dont get why its so complicated. Other systems with launch dlc you just click an in game menu, or enter the code immediately before playing

You can't download the free DLC from the eshop. The only way to download it is by playing the game and beating up through chapter 5. At that point, something opens up in the overworld that allows you to download the DLC. Only then can you download the DLC and have them Marth map for free. But be aware its only free up until 3/06 and then it will revert to its normal price at $2.50.

As far as the spotpass characters are concerned, yes, that is completely different from the DLC. While this is probably not the most exact explanation, you basically get free access to characters from past Fire Emblem games that you're able to summon to the overworld and parlay with (buy items from, battle with and ultimately, recruit if you choose to do so). This is completely free and available at any point throughout the game. You randomly get access to different characters every day. It's only accessible from the in-game menu. That's how I understand it anyway.

It's actually not that complicated once you play the game and get into the menus. Then you'll see that what belongs where.

Edit: Here's a better explanation of the Spotpass in FE:A - http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass

#1159 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

why isnt normal listed as EASY.... playing the first time on NORMAL thinking hard might be too hard... Man Normal is VERY EASY at least up to chapter 12... just make a Mage tank and they can kill anything ... my mage is hitting for 56 pts of damage each time and has 49 hp
WOOOO I STINK

#1160 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet.

How is a used copy considered mint?

#1161 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

You are joking right. These aren't comic books we're grading.

#1162 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

He probably meant opened, but not used.

/GameStop "new"

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#1163 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

He probably meant opened, but not used.

/GameStop "new"

ok, fine, yes, it's used. Mint refering to the disc isn't scratched to hell like most of the other GS GC stuff and the cover art is nice and flat, no dings as is the case. I guess it's a slow day when people are picking on terminology on used games.

#1164 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

ok, fine, yes, it's used. Mint refering to the disc isn't scratched to hell like most of the other GS GC stuff and the cover art is nice and flat, no dings as is the case. I guess it's a slow day when people are picking on terminology on used games.

The other poster was being ridiculous. Mint in connection with games doesn't mean unused, it means exactly what you were using it to mean. Originally the term "mint" as applied to other collectibles did mean untouched or unused, but that's not how it's used in connection with pop culture collectibles like games, action figures or toys. If you had said mint factory sealed or something along those lines, that would have been different.

#1165 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

The other poster was being ridiculous. Mint in connection with games doesn't mean unused, it means exactly what you were using it to mean. Originally the term "mint" as applied to other collectibles did mean untouched or unused, but that's not how it's used in connection with pop culture collectibles like games, action figures or toys. If you had said mint factory sealed or something along those lines, that would have been different.

Yea, you used it correctly. Mint has always meant used, like new. New would be new, such as NIB. MIB doesn't imply new, just complete.

#1166 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Called a local GameStop, asked if they had any bundles available, they said they did, I told them I would be there in 10 minutes. Ran to my car, flew over to GameStop and got there @ 7:59! Gates were closed. Well GameStop, you just lost a 200 dollar sale. Sad thing is they didn't have the art book so eh. Oh we'll. I don't really need this bundle as I already own two 3DS consoles as it is. I just figured I would grab it to add to my collection.

Anyone who had the bundle, is it worth it? I've never played any fire emblem games before.

#1167 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Called a local GameStop, asked if they had any bundles available, they said they did, I told them I would be there in 10 minutes. Ran to my car, flew over to GameStop and got there @ 7:59! Gates were closed. Well GameStop, you just lost a 200 dollar sale. Sad thing is they didn't have the art book so eh. Oh we'll. I don't really need this bundle as I already own two 3DS consoles as it is. I just figured I would grab it to add to my collection.

Anyone who had the bundle, is it worth it? I've never played any fire emblem games before.

from all the hype/reviews, and sales from this game , it reminds me of ni no kuni situation, lol

#1168 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

from all the hype/reviews, and sales from this game , it reminds me of ni no kuni situation, lol

This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.

#1169 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.

i never said it was the same.

#1170 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Does anyone know how limited these bundles will end up being? We're they seriously preorder only? Will they end up having more?