Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1171 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.

I'd say that Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the most desired : hardest to find standard edition games in recent history.

And don't say because it's niche because Target and Kmart are carrying it and they don't typically step out of the major release comfort zone.

Besides not many standard edition games will sell for 150% of MSRP ~ 10 days after release

#1172 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'd say that Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the most desired : hardest to find standard edition games in recent history.

And don't say because it's niche because Target and Kmart are carrying it and they don't typically step out of the major release comfort zone.

Besides not many standard edition games will sell for 150% of MSRP ~ 10 days after release

Yes, but much of the "rarity" is a very temporary supply problem. In just the past few days, my local Gamestops have both gotten more copies in as have Best Buy and Target. I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason it took a week for some of the copies these stores expected originally to show up. In any event, it's not really hard to find and will continue to get easier to find in the coming weeks.

#1173 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Does anyone know how limited these bundles will end up being? We're they seriously preorder only? Will they end up having more?

Most gamestops around me have a few sitting around. "Most" as in "every one I've stepped into lately (3+), but I haven't done a complete audit to say that they all have them."

Also, the game is on their download site, and will be in every Gamestop by the end of the month in physical form, Nintendo just had supply constraints. At some point, deamd will hit a wall and these will sit around again.

And then I will pick up a copy.
Posted Image

#1174 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Do FE games ever drop from MSRP or go on sale? I've bought all the others at release but I don't have a 3DS yet. Should I just pick the next one up I see at $40?

Edited by Green Card200, 13 February 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#1175 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

From what I've seen in the past, they gradually go down in price as the system they're on ages, but then they rise fairly quickly after said system loses support and the next gen comes in (but to their original MSRP values, at most).

In other words, you'll probably see it for $20 somewhere down the line, maybe in a year or two, but I wouldn't expect much better than that. Who knows, though? Time will probably make a fool out of me this time, anyway.

Actually, now that I look, Path of Radiance is going for $70+ on eBay, and that's for used, not even new. What the heck happened to cause this? I wonder if Awakening's release has increased the demand for the past games.

#1176 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Do FE games ever drop from MSRP or go on sale? I've bought all the others at release but I don't have a 3DS yet. Should I just pick the next one I see up at $40?

FWIW, Fire Emblem shadow dragon was on clearance at target at target and kmart at once point. (It's since become hard to find and selling at above MSRP.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1177 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

To be fair, however, Shadow Dragon was easily the low point of the US releases and not too well received (hence why Nintendo passed on releasing its sequel over here). Even I don't own a copy of it, and I'm one of the biggest fans of the series you'll find.

#1178 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

You can't download the free DLC from the eshop. The only way to download it is by playing the game and beating up through chapter 5. At that point, something opens up in the overworld that allows you to download the DLC. Only then can you download the DLC and have them Marth map for free. But be aware its only free up until 3/06 and then it will revert to its normal price at $2.50.

As far as the spotpass characters are concerned, yes, that is completely different from the DLC. While this is probably not the most exact explanation, you basically get free access to characters from past Fire Emblem games that you're able to summon to the overworld and parlay with (buy items from, battle with and ultimately, recruit if you choose to do so). This is completely free and available at any point throughout the game. You randomly get access to different characters every day. It's only accessible from the in-game menu. That's how I understand it anyway.

It's actually not that complicated once you play the game and get into the menus. Then you'll see that what belongs where.

Edit: Here's a better explanation of the Spotpass in FE:A - http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass

hmm that is pretty stupid actually. I have to play all the way through chapter 5 before i can get marth? The whole thing was i didn't want to play my system until i get the screen protector on. Is there no way to just get the DLC character NOW and mess with it later? It sounds like i have to play through the first 5 chapters =( If thats the case how long does it take to get there if you go as fast as possible?

I would think you could just get it from in game menu. Seems really stupid that you cant just d.load it. I'll go ahead and read up on that link you gave me see if it clarifies the spotpass thing, thanks
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1179 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

hmm that is pretty stupid actually. I have to play all the way through chapter 5 before i can get marth? The whole thing was i didn't want to play my system until i get the screen protector on. Is there no way to just get the DLC character NOW and mess with it later? It sounds like i have to play through the first 5 chapters =( If thats the case how long does it take to get there if you go as fast as possible?

I would think you could just get it from in game menu. Seems really stupid that you cant just d.load it. I'll go ahead and read up on that link you gave me see if it clarifies the spotpass thing, thanks

Yeah, I don't particularly like the way the DLC works either. It is free til March 6th though, so you have a few weeks leeway to get your screen protector on before using the system. I'd say I got to the point I could get the DLC in about 3 hours, and I wasn't hurrying. Also, you don't have to BEAT the 5th chapter, but just get to it to have access to the DLC area.

#1180 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

I'm seriously considering getting a 3ds tomorrow along with this game. I'd probably get an XL. I've never put any thought into getting a 3ds before, but all the talk about this game has me very interested.

I did not own a DS, so it seems there are a lot of great older games that I could get for relatively cheap, but how is the upcoming lineup for the 3ds? The only other retail games in which I am interested right now are 3d Land and Layton.

Should I get a 3ds? I've been back and forth on this like crazy for the past few days...I need help!

#1181 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

i never said it was the same.

And I didn't say ya did. ;)

Yes, but much of the "rarity" is a very temporary supply problem.

Exactly this. When a shipping error happens on the manufacturer's end this is the result.

When a massive place like amazon gives the heads-up on their product page about a delay before the game even reaches its street date, there was obviously something that got screwy along the way that had nothing to do with demand. Plus, smaller online retailers like newegg haven't even gotten their first wave of shipments yet.

Now that I think of it, I wonder how many digital copies Nintendo has sold. :-k

In just the past few days, my local Gamestops have both gotten more copies in as have Best Buy and Target. I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason it took a week for some of the copies these stores expected originally to show up. In any event, it's not really hard to find and will continue to get easier to find in the coming weeks.

Absolutely. We are already seeing this in the form of updated arrival dates of early next week for both the 3DS bundle and the solo game.

Wasn't going to, its been getting a good amount of exposure for a non-AAA title. I've seen print ads in gaming mags and it was on the front page of gamestop.com for a bit. In short: the game has gotten *some* attention from Nintendo as far as marketing goes. As opposed to none. I'd say it's similar to the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona franchise: a step above niche. Whatever that would be called.

Not that any of this has to do with all the shipping delays. :lol:

What retailer is selling it for $60? I'm aware that impatient folks with money to burn are buying it on ebay for more than MSRP.

From what I've seen in the past, they gradually go down in price as the system they're on ages, but then they rise fairly quickly after said system loses support and the next gen comes in (but to their original MSRP values, at most).

In other words, you'll probably see it for $20 somewhere down the line, maybe in a year or two, but I wouldn't expect much better than that. Who knows, though? Time will probably make a fool out of me this time, anyway.

Actually, now that I look, Path of Radiance is going for $70+ on eBay, and that's for used, not even new. What the heck happened to cause this? I wonder if Awakening's release has increased the demand for the past games.

I think that is a result of it being an old game that didn't get any special exposure. That said, I have no idea what it was selling for, say, 18 months ago. I imagine the price likely wasn't too far off from that and almost certainly was above MSRP.

#1182 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'm seriously considering getting a 3ds tomorrow along with this game. I'd probably get an XL. I've never put any thought into getting a 3ds before, but all the talk about this game has me very interested.

I did not own a DS, so it seems there are a lot of great older games that I could get for relatively cheap, but how is the upcoming lineup for the 3ds? The only other retail games in which I am interested right now are 3d Land and Layton.

Should I get a 3ds? I've been back and forth on this like crazy for the past few days...I need help!

Line-up's pretty good. The fact that you never owned a ds helps make it a great purchase, DS has a great gaming library. If you're interested in Layton you'll probably want to start with the first game and work your way through the series. So that's 5 games right there. You'll also probably dig the Phoenix Wright series, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, and possibly Trauma Center.

If you're interested in Tactical RPG's, then the two devil survivor games are worth picking up. There's a remade version of the first one for the 3DS with voice acting and an 8th day added.

Another quality RPG release this month is Etrian Odyssey IV. Looks like it'll be the best in the series, just like this FE release was. There's a demo on the e-shop you can check out.

Good time to jump on the 3DS bandwagon imo.
Posted Image

#1183 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Since you haven't experienced the DS stuff yet I'd say go for it. The DS library is terrific and while the upcoming 3DS releases aren't spectacular there are still games well worth owning out now. And I'm sure Nintendo will continue to improve the 3DS library as time rolls on. They have a great history in that department.

Another quick note: Do you dig JRPGs, strategy RPGs, Pokemon, Harvest Moon-type games? If so you'll get tons of mileage from a 3DS XL. :)

#1184 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone know how limited these bundles will end up being? We're they seriously preorder only? Will they end up having more?

Gamestop.com is currently OOS.

#1185 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Man, this game is exceptional. Just really great production values and strong gameplay. Owning both a vita and a 3ds, I have to say that this is the first game that's really bumped the 3ds up to feeling slightly superior to the vita. If you haven't picked up a copy, find one ASAP

#1186 Wolfnix90

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Man, this game is exceptional. Just really great production values and strong gameplay. Owning both a vita and a 3ds, I have to say that this is the first game that's really bumped the 3ds up to feeling slightly superior to the vita. If you haven't picked up a copy, find one ASAP

i have yet to find a vita game that pars with any of the big titles nintendo has been dishing out for 3ds, but i do agree that this is a great game. 20 hours in already and its only been day 2.

#1187 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

The game is available from gohastings through amazon. Only 11 left in stock. $39.84 + 3.99 shipping

http://www.amazon.co...ef=cm_cd_f_pb_i

#1188 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

i have yet to find a vita game that pars with any of the big titles nintendo has been dishing out for 3ds, but i do agree that this is a great game. 20 hours in already and its only been day 2.

Gravity Rush is pretty great imo, won GOTY at Tokyo Game Show. Also free for PS+ subscribers. Think it goes toe to toe with anything Nintendo's made for the 3ds thus far. But the Vita's pretty slim for games right about now, while the 3DS has only just begun it's dominance.

There will be no comparison between the two unless Sony finds a way to turn things around within the next year.
Posted Image

#1189 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

DoodofDoods, JCrichton - Thanks for the input! The DS library is appealing. I haven't dug into a pokemon game since red/blue, but I can definitely see myself playing a new one. Have also never really messed with jrpgs, but would be more likely to do so on a handheld.

Thanks again!

#1190 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Last I knew after the USPS's Fuck up of shipping it to a different state, my copy was in Baltimore two nights ago. I just hope it does get here.

If it gets lost and every copy gets sold out, oh boy I will be pissed.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1191 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Graphically or gameplay wise?

Graphically I could put my vita in the microwave for a few minutes, drop it in the toilet, and then put in perhaps the worse vita game, little deviants and still have an image displayed that is better then the "let's make da background blurry to create a 3D gimmick effect so people don't realize da graphix stink"

I agree that the top four or five 3DS games are excellent games. But the software on that machine is absolute rubbish and anyone that says otherwise hasn't tried to use the browser or netflix on that brick.

#1192 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I ordered just Fire Emblem a few weeks before the release date, and got a delay notice from Amazon. I received it yesterday, yet received an email from Amazon last night saying my Fire Emblem order would be further delayed. :lol: Probably just a mass email and my account hadn't been changed in the system, but it made me laugh to myself.

#1193 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Graphically or gameplay wise?

Graphically I could put my vita in the microwave for a few minutes, drop it in the toilet, and then put in perhaps the worse vita game, little deviants and still have an image displayed that is better then the "let's make da background blurry to create a 3D gimmick effect so people don't realize da graphix stink"

I agree that the top four or five 3DS games are excellent games. But the software on that machine is absolute rubbish and anyone that says otherwise hasn't tried to use the browser or netflix on that brick.

Why are you even in this thread?

oIi9lub.png

#1194 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Why are you even in this thread?

This thread is fun.

I own a 3DS (three actually).

I own fire emblem.

#1195 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

This thread is fun.

I own a 3DS (three actually).

I own fire emblem.

That doesn't really give you a valid reason to troll.

oIi9lub.png

#1196 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

That doesn't really give you a valid reason to troll.

I get bored easily.

I'll take it elsewhere.

#1197 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I ordered just Fire Emblem a few weeks before the release date, and got a delay notice from Amazon. I received it yesterday, yet received an email from Amazon last night saying my Fire Emblem order would be further delayed. :lol: Probably just a mass email and my account hadn't been changed in the system, but it made me laugh to myself.

Yeah, i've had that happen at least once for aonther product.

#1198 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

The game is back IN-STOCK on BestBuy.com for shipping:

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218840758864

Also, it looks like the game is trickling back into Target. Went to two stores here in Columbus and they have new stock just in today.

I know it's not the best, but here's the link to Target's stock tracker. It was true for me:

http://www.target.co...mblem awakening

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1199 Hextech Raven

Hextech Raven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I canceled the Newegg 'pre-order' I had for the game once I noticed the Bestbuy website showed my local store having stock, so I rushed out and waited 20 minutes for the employee to run around the store trying to find the two copies they had on hand lol.

What's scary is I didn't think the game would be so addicting; It hasn't even been 24 hours since I purchased FE:A and I already have 11 hours into it @_@

sig.gif

#1200 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Only counter I can make is the PSP's heavy catalog of JRPG's, PS 1 classics, AC: Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and the non-bugged version of Virtue's Last Reward.