Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1201 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

The graphics on the 3Ds have also been getting better, grainy games like Asphalt that came out at launch and some of the Mario games with N64 type jaggy graphics did not impress me but Fire emblem and some of the other games have much better graphics than these games. Fire emblem is not grainy, pixelated or jaggy at all. The 3DS does best with cartoony type graphics but I suspect most games on the platform will use this style at least the ones I am interested in.

#1202 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I had to go to two gamestops...sigh. I had one reserved, but he wrote my name on the box. As a collector...I politely refused. I had to take my chances at another gamestop, which they held it for me and understood what exactly I was buying it for. Stacked it with a coupon and was out the door. Feel bad for the next person to get that box for collection...
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#1203 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I had to go to two gamestops...sigh. I had one reserved, but he wrote my name on the box. As a collector...I politely refused. I had to take my chances at another gamestop, which they held it for me and understood what exactly I was buying it for. Stacked it with a coupon and was out the door. Feel bad for the next person to get that box for collection...

Oh geez, that's horrible as I hate stickers much less writing, on my boxes. Fortunately, my GS's aren't that stupid, they use sticky notes when I call in to hold stuff.

#1204 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Writing on the system's box. Where do they hire these GS monkeys from? lol

#1205 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Writing on the system's box. Where do they hire these GS monkeys from? lol

Best part is the guy's gonna complain about that guy who didn't pick up a system because he wrote on the box.

Currently Playing -  

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#1206 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Best part is the guy's gonna complain about that guy who didn't pick up a system because he wrote on the box.

The employee could also cover it up with gamestop stickers lol.

#1207 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Only counter I can make is the PSP's heavy catalog of JRPG's, PS 1 classics, AC: Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and the non-bugged version of Virtue's Last Reward.

got a

vita march 27 2012
got a 3ds xl sept 5 2012

and i would have to say i put in 5 to 6x more on the ds then the vita... i cant even remember the last time i picked up my vita ( know it was way before xmas) still kicking myself paying 300 for a paper weight of a system
WOOOO I STINK

#1208 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

got a

vita march 27 2012
got a 3ds xl sept 5 2012

and i would have to say i put in 5 to 6x more on the ds then the vita... i cant even remember the last time i picked up my vita ( know it was way before xmas) still kicking myself paying 300 for a paper weight of a system

I hear it's easier to lure in little children with a 3DS compared to a Vita. Can you confirm?

#1209 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

got a

vita march 27 2012
got a 3ds xl sept 5 2012

Have you played Persona 4 Golden? I don't own a Vita, but I've definitely been tempted to buy 1 just to play that game.

#1210 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Im not sure how different Golden is from the one on PS2 but if you really wanted to play it could just get a ps2 and P4 no?

#1211 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

maybe because i game on JP side but my Vita gets way more usage than 3DS ;X

#1212 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

got a

vita march 27 2012
got a 3ds xl sept 5 2012

If the Vita would play my UMD collection, I would have that as nothing interests me on 3DS except for Fire Emblem & Mario and the 3D in the 3DS makes my head hurt.

#1213 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Playing UNO on the Vita made mine much more interesting to have around ;-)

#1214 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Pre-orders at newegg.com for the bundle are in the packaging stage now. Looks like they finally got their first wave of Fire Emblem stuff in. :)

#1215 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Okay, discussion is turning to 3DS vs. Vita instead of Fire Emblem...Time to lock up this thread, it's served its purpose.

oIi9lub.png

#1216 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I've been wondering, are people having trouble getting a bundle because i've seen a few stores around my area that have at least 1 bundle available

#1217 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

I've been wondering, are people having trouble getting a bundle because i've seen a few stores around my area that have at least 1 bundle available

Same here. Every GameStop around me has 1 bundle available. And it looks like they're for sale too, not just pre-orders being held.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1218 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Man, I take it you guys haven't heard the news, but it looks like Nintendo of Europe is going to release a Fire Emblem Limited Edition 3DS XL. And according to a source, it's going to have that Fire Emblem logo on it.

#1219 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Man, I take it you guys haven't heard the news, but it looks like Nintendo of Europe is going to release a Fire Emblem Limited Edition 3DS XL. And according to a source, it's going to have that Fire Emblem logo on it.

Can you show me where in that source it states what the Fire Emblem console will look like?

Oh you're going by this:

Additionally, the captivating world of Fire Emblem: Awakening for Nintendo 3DS is about to open up for European fans. In celebration, the Nintendo 3DS XL Limited Edition Pack with Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-installed, which includes an exclusive blue Nintendo 3DS XL console with Fire Emblem art imprinted on the console itself, will be arriving in shops alongside the release of the standalone game from 19th April.

Not really confirmation that it will be the same except XL. Also doesn't help many people in the U.S. that want a functional XL as they are region locked.

#1220 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

where can i get fire emblem xl bundle that will ship to usa?

#1221 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

where can i get fire emblem xl bundle that will ship to usa?

I dont know but remember the 3DS is region locked so be cautious about your purchase

#1222 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Can you show me where in that source it states what the Fire Emblem console will look like?

Oh you're going by this:

Additionally, the captivating world of Fire Emblem: Awakening for Nintendo 3DS is about to open up for European fans. In celebration, the Nintendo 3DS XL Limited Edition Pack with Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-installed, which includes an exclusive blue Nintendo 3DS XL console with Fire Emblem art imprinted on the console itself, will be arriving in shops alongside the release of the standalone game from 19th April.

Not really confirmation that it will be the same except XL. Also doesn't help many people in the U.S. that want a functional XL as they are region locked.

If you watch Nintendo Direct's EU stream, they show the 3DS Fire Emblem XL.

#1223 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yea the stream today showed the Fire Emblem XL for Europe. What irks me is that nice looking Black XL for Monster Hunter. I'm a monster hunter fan. I'm a black console kinda person. Right up my alley. Time to shut this here thread down and get a Monster Hunter one going.

Europe only though, and region locked. :-(

http://www.ign.com/a...nced-for-europe

#1224 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Finally got my copy in yesterday. Going to start it up and get the free DLC map tonight. But I will probably wait to play it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1225 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

If I remember correctly, you can't DL the stuff until after chapter 4.

#1226 joestar3

joestar3

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

How is a used copy considered mint?

Well, to be fair, Gamestop sells lots of used games as "new"... :).

Also, Texas represent.

#1227 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh you're going by this:

Yeah, I'm currently at work so I couldn't provide a picture asap until some news source provided it. Either way, the 3DS XL doesn't look as good as the 3DS version since it's lacking those design borders in my opinion.

#1228 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

#1229 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

lol I would have bought this in a heartbeat. God I hate NOA.

Currently Playing -  

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#1230 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Don't fret, we got the better bundle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of these looks nicer than the other.

oIi9lub.png