Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#1231 battousai11

battousai11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Don't fret, we got the better bundle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of these looks nicer than the other.

I agree; the 3DS XL just looks like a decal. I also like the color of the FE 3DS better.

#1232 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

To me the 3DS XL looks like a blue/black standard XL with a sticker. Is that the same blue as the Blue/Black XL or is it a different shade?

#1233 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

True, the smaller one does look better but I really want a XL. I wish it was region free.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#1234 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Agreed, not only that but the regular 3DS, the artwork looks like it's behind a glass enclosure. On the 3DS XL, it'll probably look like someone slapped a sticker on the blue 3DS XL.

#1235 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agreed.

Then again I would have bought the XL version in a heartbeat and I still can't seem to pull the trigger on the vanilla 3DS even though i really like it.

maybe I'm just lying to myself

#1236 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm still confused behind the thought process of region locking a handheld.

#1237 Raiden8816

Raiden8816

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

XL looks like the launch blue with a decal slapped on it.

Not impressed.

I love my FE bundle 3DS. The color is awesome in the light. Its a nice blue similar to the DS Lite's cobalt blue. Plus my appears to have a nice transition to a darker blue at the bottom of the system.
:xb1: Forza Motorsport 5 / Titanfall
:ps4: Blacklight Retribution / LEGO Marvel SH / Warframe
:3ds: Bravely Default
:vita: Gundam Breaker / Lord of Apocalypse / Hot Shots Golf

#1238 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

wow the 3DS console sure looks great compared to the XL.

So where are all the "would buy this if it were XL" people? Cause while opinions are subjective, anyone who thinks the XL version is better must be blind.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1239 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

the decals look better on the regular 3ds but after owning a 3ds and a 3ds xl i could never go back to a regular one game play wise.

#1240 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

The XL is the superior system ... sure the 3DS version looks a bit nicer, but you're buying a console to play it, not stare at the outside. Even with the lack of visual flair on the XL Fire Emblem bundle, I would be pissed at NOA for releasing an inferior bundle in the US.

The only thing the original 3DS has going for it over the XL is a slightly smaller form factor. Otherwise, the XL offers larger screens, a better finish, a more comfortable fit in one's hands and higher quality start, select and home buttons.

#1241 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

The XL is the superior system ... sure the 3DS version looks a bit nicer, but you're buying a console to play it, not stare at the outside. Even with the lack of visual flair on the XL Fire Emblem bundle, I would be pissed at NOA for releasing an inferior bundle in the US.

The only thing the original 3DS has going for it over the XL is a slightly smaller form factor. Otherwise, the XL offers larger screens, a better finish, a more comfortable fit in one's hands and higher quality start, select and home buttons.

Maybe the XL is too big for someones liking and the added screen size and inferior speakers aren't enough of a justification for the upgrade?

I have both but I don't like using the XL outside of my house. From the article it appears they are going to make a circle pad pro for the XL which would only INCREASE its size.

For me portables are suppose to be portable. if the XL already had two analog sticks then I'd be fine with it. But no way would I add anything to it to increase its already large size.

#1242 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I have both but I don't like using the XL outside of my house. From the article it appears they are going to make a circle pad pro for the XL which would only INCREASE its size.

They already made a CPP for XL. Just finally has an announcement outside of Japan. Just need a US release and I'm happy. Personally though, I don't find the size of XL to be that bad. Coming from someone who has extremely small hands.

#1243 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Lookit that opinion fly.

oIi9lub.png

#1244 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Bolded is subjective. I like the glossy finish on the 3DS vs. matte of the XL. I have fairly big hands and if the 3DS is about as big as the DSL, i can see that the 3DS size might be a bit cramped for me.

#1245 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

They already made a CPP for XL. Just finally has an announcement outside of Japan. Just need a US release and I'm happy. Personally though, I don't find the size of XL to be that bad. Coming from someone who has extremely small hands.

So in essence all 17" laptops are superior to there 13" and 15" counterparts?

I don't find the XL to be aesthetically pleasing at all and despite having a pink one in my house (it's my girlfriends) I don't do anything for me as far as portability.

If they made a 9" cell phone I certainly wouldn't buy it because I like my cell phone to fit in my pocket.

These bigger are better people sound like the goofs on facebook that are taking pictures of themselves in the mirror using the camera on their iPad

#1246 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Bolded is subjective. I like the glossy finish on the 3DS vs. matte of the XL. I have fairly big hands and if the 3DS is about as big as the DSL, i can see that the 3DS size might be a bit cramped for me.

It's the shape of the 3DS that makes it uncomfortable to hold as well. It's too blocky, whereas the XL is more curved.

But the XL fire emblem bundle is inferior to the 3ds bundle. If you're going to buy a special edition console, you're going to want it to look awesome and unique. 3ds bundle beats the XL bundle easily in that regard. Unfortunately I can't justify purchasing it, can't downgrade myself from the XL back to the 3ds.
Posted Image

#1247 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Probably already posted before, but Toys R Us is getting the 3DS bundle-

http://www.toysrus.c...dFindSrc=search

Comes out 2/19/2013.

Also, it sucks that Europe got the better bundle.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#1248 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

wow the 3DS console sure looks great compared to the XL.

So where are all the "would buy this if it were XL" people? Cause while opinions are subjective, anyone who thinks the XL version is better must be blind.

?
Why would people who wanted the XL version have to agree that it looks better too?
They wanted it to be an XL because it's an XL.

#1249 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Lookit that opinion fly.

As opposed to ... the facts throughout this site? 90% of the content posted on CAG, outside of the deals, are opinions. I fail to see your point.

#1250 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Still looking for EU bundle that can ship to usa

#1251 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Still looking for EU bundle that can ship to usa

Would you really want to have to import all your games though? Unless its a secondary system you aren't using and just collecting.

Try someplace like Zavvi, just wait a few days for retailers to list it.

#1252 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

The game is back IN-STOCK at Target.com!

http://www.target.co...mblem awakening

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1253 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Would you really want to have to import all your games though? Unless its a secondary system you aren't using and just collecting.

Try someplace like Zavvi, just wait a few days for retailers to list it.

i'm not buying it to play on it, i already have japanese 3ds and ll for that.

#1254 kaiyouske

kaiyouske

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I don't usually talk about 3DSes.....but when I do....I prefer the original 3DS.

But seriously, I bought the original 3DS when it was launched and when people started to talk about how great the XL was, I decided to jump ship and get the XL since I never got the regular DS XL before. When I got it and played Mario Kart 7 on it I was like "holy shit this motherfackerisgoddamnpixelatedwtf!!!11" Super disappointed. I really don't see how people can't tell how blown up the XL's screen is to make everything look like 1024x768 resolution on a 1680x1050 resolution screen...in FULL SCREEN. If you haven't, give it a shot and you'll see how blurry and pixelated it can be.

As for the Euro FE 3DS XL bundle, it gets uglier every time I see it. They might as well include the decal before putting in on the cover because what if I want it in the back? (that's what she said) That said, there don't have the frame decors from the original FE 3ds and that XL color just looks tacky with the main decal. There's also no gloss coating that goes over the decal which the regular 3DS has that protects the image from being scratched off.

But who cares, this is just my opinion anyways so please take it with a grain of salt. I personally prefer the regular 3DS over the XL; The gloss finish is way higher quality vs the matte flat that looks like some cheap plastic China knock-off, the elegant Select, Start, and Home buttons on the original vs the plastic button ones on the XL that looks as if they were bought from Home Depot and from a DIY blueprint.

God that Euro bundle is ugly.

Edited by kaiyouske, 15 February 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#1255 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I don't find the XL to be aesthetically pleasing at all and despite having a pink one in my house (it's my girlfriends) I don't do anything for me as far as portability.

These bigger are better people sound like the goofs on facebook that are taking pictures of themselves in the mirror using the camera on their iPad

Well... apparently your girl-friend certainly thinks bigger IS better! ROFLMAO! :rofl:

#1256 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Also, it sucks that Europe got the better bundle.

Don't worry, they didn't.

#1257 Wolfnix90

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

the 3ds xl bundle looks pretty amazing.

#1258 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

I think the XL looks really ugly compared to the 3DS. My only gripe for the US version is that the game is digital. I want one, but since I don't plan on opening it, the digital copy is completely worthless to me.

elessar123.png

#1259 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Anyone have any idea if you access the EU eShop from the states and pay with something like Visa. Seeing as how full games are available for download could I import the XL Bundle then just download games from Europe's eShop??

#1260 Shugo2540

Shugo2540

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

The only reason I've stuck with my launch 3DS and never purchased an XL was because I heard the screen resolution was the same on the XL they just increased the screen but not the resolution. I'm sure its not an issue but if I would want to pay more money I would have liked them to increase the screen resolution.