Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#181 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Still a better buy than a Neo Geo X Gold or second Vita.

I am guilty of doing this.

You could make money from the white vita if you got it from the Amazon deal.

#182 Knightbloom

Knightbloom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?

#183 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?

For me, the buttons just feel better. Had to exchange my first 3DS because the D-Pad didnt even work properly.

The D-Pad on mine always seemed so squeaky/flimsy too, not having that problem with my XL. Also, hitting the sweet spot in 3D seems a lot easier now for me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#184 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Would have purchased it if it were an XL

#185 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Ugh, if it were an XL I'd buy in a heartbeat. But I just cant go back to that small screen, no matter how badly I want.

Word. I have a 3DS and while I like it, I can't help looking back at my DSi XL and thinking that I should've waited on the 3DS. This bundle in XL would probably push me to ditch my purple 3DS and upgrade.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#186 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

lol. Sorry if 4 points that are completely accurate constitute trolling. :roll:

If you want to dispute any of the points I made above, please feel free. However, if all you're gonna do is accuse me of trolling without any basis, then go pound sand.

It wasn't about the 4 points, and you're always the pessimist of a lot of threads, from what I've read. So, yes, it does constitute as a troll.

Don't worry, I pound sand every day, just as you bite off your finger nails when you don't agree with someone. :roll:

Yes, because a couple of forum threads are indicative of what the gaming population as a whole want.

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who uses the word troll now is on the losing side of the argument.

And, I could come to the conclusion that anyone who begins with a cynical response is on the losing side of contributing to a valid point or even society. There was no argument to begin with, so settle down.

As for the Fire Emblem bundle, I do wish this was XL since I wanted my first [3DS] to be a LE. Like others, I also wish the game came as a hard copy so if I do decide to get the next gen "DS," I could play it there without having to rely on third party gadgets. In the end, I'll probably still buy this because it looks beautiful and I enjoy the series like others here.

#187 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Well if its MSRP at around $160 I can finally justify getting it, the crummy color choices have helped me hold out, but I can finally say it's one i'd like to own, however I might buy two, one to keep sealed, but if it IS $200 forget it maybe just one to collect, with the sales they had on em recently If its for personal use I can hold out for another, also when the new consoles are announced released expect a price drop.

#188 mirai

mirai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

seriously this is the only game I want to play on 3DS right now. ideally i want to play the native Japanese version but $500 from play-asia... you got to be kidding me :(

#189 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'd like one. I love turn based strategy games.

#190 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

It wasn't about the 4 points, and you're always the pessimist of a lot of threads, from what I've read. So, yes, it does constitute as a troll.

I'm a pessimist? I'm the ultimate motherfucking optimist. I love most games and say more against the ridiculous tide of haters on CAG than anyone else.

You should check your facts. Or maybe look up the word pessimist. Unless they changed the definition to "has little tolerance for people talking out of their asses," I am not a pessimist.

Don't come in here and accuse me of being a troll, then say that being pessimistic is being a troll. Do you know what trolling even is?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#191 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Don't worry, I pound sand every day, just as you bite off your finger nails when you don't agree with someone. :roll:

And, I could come to the conclusion that anyone who begins with a cynical response is on the losing side of contributing to a valid point or even society. There was no argument to begin with, so settle down.

As for the Fire Emblem bundle, I do wish this was XL since I wanted my first [3DS] to be a LE. Like others, I also wish the game came as a hard copy so if I do decide to get the next gen "DS," I could play it there without having to rely on third party gadgets. In the end, I'll probably still buy this because it looks beautiful and I enjoy the series like others here.

I think you need to spend some time doing research into what a troll is. Nintendonly is the ultimate troll sharing such gems as that military personnel are overpaid moochers always demanding discounts. Nintendonly is also trolling in this thread by posting a deal and then promptly criticizing both Nintendo and anyone who could possibly prefer a 3DS to a 3DSXL. All Confoosious did was to point out why this is likely a 3DS instead of a 3DSXL and basically defended the deal. No trolling on his part at all.

#192 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Having the game preinstalled is a massive disappointment and a deal breaker for me. Shame too, because the 3ds looks amazing.

#193 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

So you jump to use the word troll, use that stupid ass rolling eyes smiley, and then over-react and say you think I don't contribute to society based on a single response to you. Yep, I know your type.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#194 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

XL or no sale.

#195 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

For the last time guys, stop saying it should of been an XL. This came out in Japan before the XL was revealed that's why It's not an XL. The only XL I'll pick up would be that sweet Charizard XL or the Pikachu XL
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#196 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Any idea when this will be put up for sale?

I was at two gamestops today and neither one had any idea.

#197 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Any idea when this will be put up for sale?

I was at two gamestops today and neither one had any idea.

I believe the game comes out first week of february. So no earlier than the game's street date. I really want it, but I'm planning on upgrading my pc a couple months after that. :( I really wanted this LE too. Might have to just bite.

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#198 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

There's not much time until the game releases, right (February 4th, from the looks of it). I'm a little surprised they announced the bundle so near the game's launch, and it doesn't look like they're giving anyone a large window of opportunity for grabbing it beforehand, either.

I hope some retailer puts 'em up for preorder soon - I'd feel antsy if it was something you couldn't and i had to run around to find before it disappeared forever (unless I felt like paying $400).

#199 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

For the last time guys, stop saying it should of been an XL. This came out in Japan before the XL was revealed that's why It's not an XL. The only XL I'll pick up would be that sweet Charizard XL or the Pikachu XL

Well although the obvious glaring truth here is that we (most of us) aren't in Japan and they could have modified and released this on the XL here. Realistically though you are probably right and they wouldn't change up things too much here.

I just wonder if anyone from NoA reads posts on here or any other site of people saying, "please just give us something besides the kid-friendly Red/Blue choices we have now...we'll literally buy ANYTHING else"

#200 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Didn't realize so many people preferred the XL over the standard 3DS.

oIi9lub.png

#201 htz

htz

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

This is America, we prefer everything in XL. 8-)

#202 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

I've never used one, but with the increase in battery life and apparent screen quality and 3D effect, it seems like what most of us wanted from the 3DS from the get-go...minus that second analog stick of course...yes Kid Icarus, you needed this!

#203 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I've never used one, but with the increase in battery life and apparent screen quality and 3D effect, it seems like what most of us wanted from the 3DS from the get-go...minus that second analog stick of course...yes Kid Icarus, you needed this!

The screen quality isn't any better. In fact, it's the same, but looks slightly worse since it's blown up to a bigger size. Also, I find the 3D on my launch 3DS to pop a lot more than the XL I had and returned. I value less pixellation, better pocketabiltiy, and poppier 3D. I think the next 3DS revision will make a lot of XL owners jealous, which is what I'm holding out for.

#204 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

did you get extra cash for those games
WOOOO I STINK

#205 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

so you can look at the XL boobs on pikachu :)

DONT FORGET ALL THE DEMO HITS THE ESHOP THIS THURSDAY FOR FREE
WOOOO I STINK

#206 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I still maintain that an analog stick doesn't allow for the quick movements the touch screen does, but to each their own, I suppose.

oIi9lub.png

#207 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's pretty hard not to. I'm surprised there are still a few people that prefer the original.

#208 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

so you can look at the XL boobs on pikachu :)

DONT FORGET ALL THE DEMO HITS THE ESHOP THIS THURSDAY FOR FREE

I'd expect a game company not to charge me for a demo. ;)

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#209 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

It's pretty hard not to. I'm surprised there are still a few people that prefer the original.

I'm personally torn between the two.

XL: I love the large screens, placement of the stylus, and buttons below the screen (Home button, etc). Quality in most games looks very good.

Original: I love the size overall-the feel in my hands is much better (way less cramping while playing). I like the screen better, less jagged edges (ex: Heroes of Ruin looks decent on the original 3DS, while it looks like crap on the XL.) Overall, the system looks and feels like it is a higher quality system vs the XL and I actually prefer the glossy black to my red XL. The 3D works better for me on the original 3DS as well, as I am constantly losing the 3D effect on my XL and it quickly hurts my eyes. It also helps that I have the analog stick add-on for games that support it.

I honestly haven't noticed much of a battery difference between the two. I know the XL is technically better, but I can not tell the difference. I am still plugging the thing in every other day to charge it like the original. The battery also dies within several days of being in standby mode (just like the original).

I am REALLY tempted to trade my XL for $177 on amazon and stick with my original 3DS. I have had the thing since launch day, but have constantly felt like going back to my original system. I know I would miss the larger screens, but the screens on the original just look so much crisper and I could actually carry the system in my pocket again. I wish Nintendo would just let me have my account registered on two systems at once :(

#210 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is America, we prefer everything in XL. 8-)

Yup. Especially our women!