Photo
- - - - -

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

• Please log in to reply
1322 replies to this topic

#211 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

The price is 200 clams.

#212 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Looks like you're correct. That was my guess for the price, anyway, so I'm not too shocked.

But hey, it comes with a 4GB SD card. I know how much that'll appease everyone who wanted a lower price.

#213 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hmmm now where to pre-order it?

#214 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Bleh...and pass....

As much as I want that beautiful blue beast, theres really no incentive for getting it for me anymore. Heres to hoping for the Pikachu or Charizard XL's over here....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#215 binbinzhou

binbinzhou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

"In addition to having the game pre-installed"... so the actual game cartridge is not included? That sux!!!!
Ouch! Bruce, Ouch!

#216 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Just waiting for Gamestop to have it up for pre order.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#217 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ive never played a fire emblem game so this doesnt really pop out to me besides that color blue, I love that blue.

I'm personally holding out and hoping we get the Animal Crossing 3DS XL here in the states.
Posted Image

#218 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

"In addition to having the game pre-installed"... so the actual game cartridge is not included? That sux!!!!

Better get used to it. Nintendo is pushing their digital goods hard. Anything to save them a pretty penny in the long run.

Also I luv my XL.
Posted Image

#219 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just waiting for Gamestop to have it up for pre order.

I hope it's available there, too, as it might be easier for me to do some trade-ins and get some credit towards it instead of paying out of pocket.

If I get this bundle, I'll most likely keep it in the box, for collection purposes, as I'm assuming this won't be widely available, much less available at all for very long. Fire Emblem is the best Nintendo franchise in my eyes, and although I skipped over the OoT bundle, I doubt I can do that for this one.

That being said, I have a physical copy preordered at Gamestop for the artbook, and there's no way I would ever be content with a digital copy of almost any game, much less this one.

On another note, geez, Japan gets a lot of special 3DS/3DS XLs, don't they? I'm in awe.

#220 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Double whammies! No XL AND it's pre-installed. Forget it Nintendo.

#221 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

if it was an XL i would've bit

Hand__Of__God.png

#222 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I wish people would stop complaining that it is not a 3DSXL. GUYS IT CAME OUT BEFORE THE 3DS XL WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED IN JAPAN! Nintendo is not going to change the model to an XL just because the 3DSXL is out

#223 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Would have considered if it was a hard copy of the game. But $40 for a digital title with Nintendo's archaic digital system is a no go for me.

#224 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I wish people would stop complaining that it is not a 3DSXL. GUYS IT CAME OUT BEFORE THE 3DS XL WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED IN JAPAN! Nintendo is not going to change the model to an XL just because the 3DSXL is out

This isn't Japan and the XL is out so yeah its different and yeah they can complain.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan   :vita: Danganronpa

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#225 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Did we find out which retailers are select?

oIi9lub.png

#226 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Better get used to it. Nintendo is pushing their digital goods hard. Anything to save them a pretty penny in the long run.

Then why include an SD card at all? Add me to the guys who wanted a physical copy of FE.

#227 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Looks like I'm skipping this. It's a shame I really wanted this but it's just priced a higher than I wanted it to be at.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#228 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

This isn't Japan and the XL is out so yeah its different and yeah they can complain.

It's Nintendo! They aren't gonna do special treatment. Like most other companies. If it's already done in Japan, they are just going to just port it over. It's easier just to get the same mold that was already done and just transfer it over to the US. I do feel no point in complaining cause I see this as usual practice. That's me though. New trend on how people act over the internet we're just gonna see people complain no matter what.

#229 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's Nintendo! They aren't gonna do special treatment. Like most other companies. If it's already done in Japan, they are just going to just port it over. It's easier just to get the same mold that was already done and just transfer it over to the US. I do feel no point in complaining cause I see this as usual practice. That's me though. New trend on how people act over the internet we're just gonna see people complain no matter what.

have too disagree with you on your opinion, how does one make something change if he does not complain? yes speak with your wallet an don't buy it, will show poor sell. but by saying nothing or not complaining they wont no why it got poor reviews an is not selling. maybe the world is full of jaded people an they except too much for nothing, but Nintendo an other companies are still in a business for are money, an you have a right too say what an how you want too spend it
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#230 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm really glad we're getting this at all, but I agree with some of the others.

I've got a regular 3DS and dropping the $$ for a new regular one just doesn't sound tempting to me, but if it was an XL I'd at least consider selling my old one for this.

#231 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I agree with you on this. I am not going to get it because I already own a 3DS but hey finally another special colored Nintendo Console we can receive without importing (The Design of the Fire Emblem 3DS looks great).

#232 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

have too disagree with you on your opinion, how does one make something change if he does not complain? yes speak with your wallet an don't buy it, will show poor sell. but by saying nothing or not complaining they wont no why it got poor reviews an is not selling. maybe the world is full of jaded people an they except too much for nothing, but Nintendo an other companies are still in a business for are money, an you have a right too say what an how you want too spend it

Are you writing a letter to Nintendo expressing your discontent or are you just whining on forums? I highly doubt Nintendo reps are on here combing over every page of every Nintendo thread so complaining on here serves no other purpose than to make you feel better.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#233 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Then why include an SD card at all? Add me to the guys who wanted a physical copy of FE.

Well, I agree. I'm buying a retail copy. I'm just saying, Nintendo is pushing their digital angle, with the addition of retail titles more often on eShop. Now that they can pull this off, they can just stuff a $2 SD Card with this game.
Posted Image

#234 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think $200 is the wrong price. I'm going to get it as a collector but a system like this isn't the same as Zelda. It's not going to be attractive to casual gamers unless it was cheaper so the people it targets are more hardcore gamers but they're also the ones who know the XL is better and would've only gotten this (for a good game and a really cool lookin system) if it were a bargain, but at $200 I cannot say it is.

With that in mind, I don't anticipate it'll be around for too long since Nintendo likely made a few of these last year and whatever they had leftover in Japan (plus the ones they may have made for the US) had their firmware/region set to US and sent here (otherwise why the hell else wouldn't it be an XL?) so quantity wise there shouldn't be many.

If you don't have a 3DS there are higher value bundles out there. If you have a 3DS there isn't a reason to get this when the XL is better. Really, unless you're a collector like myself (who won't actually open the box), this is a missed opportunity for Nintendo and something I'd advise people to pass on.

#235 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I was all for the bundle till I saw the $200 price point. That pretty much killed it for me right there.

Don't get me wrong, I love FE and will buy the game first day, but like a lot of people mentioned, its not even an XL or contain a physical copy of the game.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#236 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

have the retailers been announced yet?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#237 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

have the retailers been announced yet?

I don't think so. I just hope that my local Best Buy gets it, that way I can use some of my reward points to lower the price by a lot. :D

#238 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I don't think so. I just hope that my local Best Buy gets it, that way I can use some of my reward points to lower the price by a lot. :D

same here. but mostly for their pm policy. I figure these will sell out right away but just in case.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#239 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

It's a safe bet Amazon won't be carrying them right?

And it's probably a safe bet that Gamestop will get them.

I hope it's limited to just one or two retailers. I think Best Buy would be a good fit and they are more likely to run some sort of a promotion.

I can't believe the game comes out in less then a month and they haven't released the specifics.

#240 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

It's a safe bet Amazon won't be carrying them right?

And it's probably a safe bet that Gamestop will get them.

I hope it's limited to just one or two retailers. I think Best Buy would be a good fit and they are more likely to run some sort of a promotion.

I can't believe the game comes out in less then a month and they haven't released the specifics.

Why do you think BB will run a promotion? Regretting cashing in my BB gift cards for Amazon ones right about now.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan   :vita: Danganronpa

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7