Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#271 Werckmeister

Werckmeister

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi all, I bought Darksiders 1 when it was 75% during the Steam sale and now regret it in light of this deal :( Should i still get this bundle? I haven't played DS1 yet, but I still have 3 coupons and it's tempting...

#272 goombahup

goombahup

Backlog Addict :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wait a sec, if you don't activate your keys (or do you mean view keys?) right away Amazon can run out?!

I meant viewing, sorry for confusion. (Although i did redeem the keys right afterwards in steam, but i meant viewing the key right away in Amazon)

Don't know how Amazon operate, but on Gamersgate you get key assigned only when you view it. (Lesson learned hard way :))

I even read some stories about Steam, where people had some game sitting in their inventory and when they added it to Library, they couldn't play it, because in the meantime the keys ran out and they needed to wait for new batch. Bit unrelated, but funny story.

#273 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi all, I bought Darksiders 1 when it was 75% during the Steam sale and now regret it in light of this deal :( Should i still get this bundle? I haven't played DS1 yet, but I still have 3 coupons and it's tempting...

Yup. You can get the DS Franchise pack and give the DS1 key to a friend; I'm sure they'll appreciate the gesture :)

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#274 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Origin's US store has the two Crysis games for $5 each until January 15th. That deal pales in comparison to the Amazon deal with coupon, but FYI to those though who already have 1 or the other ala cart

#275 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

He seems to be referring to the GamersGate situation. We shouldn't assume Amazon works one way or another so...

Tony, if we buy a game with a key but don't view it immediately is there always a key there waiting for us or does your system give us a key at the time we view?

We deliver keys upon purchase, it has nothing to do with viewing them.

The only exception was in a few (read less than 20) people "sprinted past" our system during promotions like the Square Enix bundle, basically our system thought we had enough keys to fulfill but we didn't, these people had to wait until we got more keys to get their product but we both issued a credit for the inconvenience and got them their keys within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#276 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I even read some stories about Steam, where people had some game sitting in their inventory and when they added it to Library, they couldn't play it, because in the meantime the keys ran out and they needed to wait for new batch. Bit unrelated, but funny story.

In that case it wasn't Steam keys running out, but other sorts of keys needed for online or other activation of games. It does seem, though, that Steam is more like Gamersgate than Amazon in how it allocates keys.

#277 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm now adding 'thou shall never doubt Tony again' to my list of 2013 rules. I decide to buy 3 games from steam and of course T-Money brings them all to Amazon the week after ;)

Tony,

question about the DOW bundle. Is there any chance you will end up with a steam key for dark crusade - was it just a timing issue? Normally I don't mind too much if my games are split between steam and amazon but having just one piece of a franchise not show up in steam is going to drive me up the wall; like many I ended up with DOW gold from the humble bundle so that's already up in steam.

as a related question, any chance you could adopt a policy to allow folks to switch their non-steam version for steam keys or the other way around? many of the games we bought in 2011/early 2012 now seem to have steam versions in amazon.

thanks!

#278 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

You can actually activate pre-2008 EA games on your own.

https://activate.ea....activategame.do

I already activated Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Mercenaries 2 and Mass Effect using that website.

I tried this and it worked with Crysis(But it doesn't show up in my library for some reason in Origin), Crysis Warhead but not Mass Effect. Says "We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later"

And doesn't work at all with Bad Company 2

#279 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I tried this and it worked with Crysis(But it doesn't show up in my library for some reason in Origin), Crysis Warhead but not Mass Effect. Says "We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later"

If you can't get it to work there, usually Origin CS will help you through chat. Just chat with them, tell them you tried to activate and it isn't showing up on your origin account. They usually just ask you for the key and add it to your account themselves. If one person shuts you down, you can try another.

#280 mcmahamg

mcmahamg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Chat with their customer service. I had them add my Mass Effect I purchased on Amazon and my Dragon Age Ultimate I purchased on Steam both within 10 minutes. Very, very helpful and easy to talk to.

#281 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

If you can't get it to work there, usually Origin CS will help you through chat. Just chat with them, tell them you tried to activate and it isn't showing up on your origin account. They usually just ask you for the key and add it to your account themselves. If one person shuts you down, you can try another.

Yep. I just 2 hours ago had CS online via chat add Crysis (Crysis - Warhead previously went through fine via the EA activation site), Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 seemed to be added via the EA activation site, but showed as code used and wouldn't show up in my Origin client. Crysis and ME1 were then added manually. At first the "Game Adviser" wanted me to deal with Amazon saying that they don't deal with 3rd party retailers. Took a minute of explaining and an hour total, but everything got added to my liking. I should note that I had previously installed and activated (outside of Origin) all these games prior to adding them to Origin.

#282 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Alrighty i'll hit up CS then.

#283 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Amazing Dawn of War Deal Tony. I will be picking that up for sure.

Where Dawn of War deal? I don't see it.

#284 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Origin's US store has the two Crysis games for $5 each until January 15th. That deal pales in comparison to the Amazon deal with coupon, but FYI to those though who already have 1 or the other ala cart

Thanks for this. Compared to the Amazon bundle, it's essentially $3 for Warhead and Crysis Wars.

Too bad Crysis 2 has such terrible DRM though.

#285 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Where Dawn of War deal? I don't see it.

That's because it starts tomorrow.

#286 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for this. Compared to the Amazon bundle, it's essentially $3 for Warhead and Crysis Wars.

Terrible DRM? It has online connection for MP only.
And the original required activation IIRC (I bought it launch day retail)

Also: CS worked great , they were very helpful!

Dawn of War Deal: 12 hours ONLY tomorrow from 12pm noon to 12 am Midnight (PST I assume? Tony:Clarification please)

#287 Werckmeister

Werckmeister

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yup. You can get the DS Franchise pack and give the DS1 key to a friend; I'm sure they'll appreciate the gesture :)

Thanks for the advice! :) But...after thinking it through, I decided to not purchase the pack. I still haven't played the first and have no idea if I'll like it or not, and even though it's a fantastic price for such a new game, I'm in no hurry to buy or play it. So I'll just wait with my 3 coupons and see what other deals come along :)

#288 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Tony is there any way you can do some kind of price match? I don't expect to get Crysis 1 or 2 for free after coupon, but I am only interested in Crysis 2 so don't really want to buy the whole pack. Not sure if you are already planning something a la carte, though. If you're unable to no big deal. Thanks!

#289 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I wish Dragon Age on PC had the Controller Console interface :( I don't care if it's inferior to KB&M I just want to couch game like a console but the graphical and auditory superiority of PC.

Of well guess there is Xpadder...

Come to think of it, I wish ALL of Bioware's recent games had the Console interface for 360 controller. Why is that so much to ask? It seems like it would be more work to remove it than to just leave it in for support for controllers

#290 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Terrible DRM? It has online connection for MP only.
And the original required activation IIRC (I bought it launch day retail)

Crysis 2 (at least on Steam) uses TAGES's SolidShield DRM which has a 5 machine activation limit. Dead Space 2 on Steam and Origin both use the same DRM, so it's not crazy to think Crysis 2 does too.

#291 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I wish Dragon Age on PC had the Controller Console interface :( I don't care if it's inferior to KB&M I just want to couch game like a console but the graphical and auditory superiority of PC.

Of well guess there is Xpadder...

Come to think of it, I wish ALL of Bioware's recent games had the Console interface for 360 controller. Why is that so much to ask? It seems like it would be more work to remove it than to just leave it in for support for controllers

I tried, xpadder doesn't work for DA and ME games, the interface is too complicated to make it not a pain. ME1 and ME2 have semi-controller built in support that's hidden, google around for it. But DA1 and 2 have nothing.

#292 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Crysis 2 (at least on Steam) uses TAGES's SolidShield DRM which has a 5 machine activation limit. Dead Space 2 on Steam and Origin both use the same DRM, so it's not crazy to think Crysis 2 does too.

Interesting. I'll have to search my system for remnants of TAGES then if the Retail Had it too..

Search in Regedit turned up nothing

I tried, xpadder doesn't work for DA and ME games, the interface is too complicated to make it not a pain. ME1 and ME2 have semi-controller built in support that's hidden, google around for it. But DA1 and 2 have nothing.

Well that sucks . This means i'm going to have to either play them sitting at my desk. Or get one of these hah http://www.amazon.co...=I1H6WO3IKLTAJ7

#293 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I believe Amazon can assist if you exceed your activation limits. Another perk of Amazon.

#294 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I have mixed feeling about that because on one hand I prefer to use my controller whenever possible, but I like when developers actually treat the PC as its own platform and don't just port over the console version. I've just reached the point where even for a shooter I could perform as well with a controller as with a KB+M, but that controller is much more comfortable and preferable to me.

Xpadder worked fine for me with ME3.

#295 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I have mixed feeling about that because on one hand I prefer to use my controller whenever possible, but I like when developers actually treat the PC as its own platform and don't just port over the console version. I've just reached the point where even for a shooter I could perform as well with a controller as with a KB+M, but that controller is much more comfortable and preferable to me.

Xpadder worked fine for me with ME3.

Well yes I agree with this. But it doesn't hurt to leave in the Controller Interface for controller support for those whom want it.

One Step Forward, One Step Backwards

#296 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Interesting. I'll have to search my system for remnants of TAGES then if the Retail Had it too..

Well that sucks . This means i'm going to have to either play them sitting at my desk. Or get one of these hah http://www.amazon.co...=I1H6WO3IKLTAJ7

SolidShield was in all versions apparently of Crysis 2 vanilla, and doesn't work like traditional Tages which was way more intrusive. Not sure what tool you used to look for it. It's more like regular online serial activations, but once you hit 5, that's it. You can revoke although it's a pain. Apparently it was removed from Crysis 2 Maximum.

Yeah it really sucks. I want to replay DA and ME on PC because it looks really good and there are cool mods for it, but I don't want to be anchored to my keyboard to do it.

#297 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

SolidShield was in all versions apparently of Crysis 2 vanilla, and doesn't work like traditional Tages which was way more intrusive. Not sure what tool you used to look for it. It's more like regular online serial activations, but once you hit 5, that's it. You can revoke although it's a pain. Apparently it was removed from Crysis 2 Maximum.

Wow! I didn't know that. Good thing I bought the download version of Crysis 2 from AmazonPCDD when it came out.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#298 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Ah I see. So not regular TAGES, well I think I recall something to revoke C2 but can't remember. (Maybe you could in the games section of Windows 7 with the Right click "De-activate" or something)

5 Activations does suck however. Very much.

I wish someone could create a mod for Controller interfaces for DA/ME

#299 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

FYI guys, many of you have asked about a Secret World recap. We'll run the same deal we've run in January for 1 day again on 1/31.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#300 bbacelar

bbacelar

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hi Tony!
Any chance to see at least 50% off on Football Manager 2013?
I lost the steam deal...