Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3031 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Back in October they ran this bundle for $9.99 as the deal of the week. It was supposed to last a week, but they ran out of keys several times. They restocked acouple of times, but they finally had to cancel the deal on Monday of that week after the publisher got skittish over how many bundles they were selling for so cheap.

Not gonna say that it will happen here. But it has happened before.

EDIT: Looks like while I was busy hunting down the link for the Square pack, jatan11t already posted about it.

Im sure Tony will be careful this time. Coz he knows the sales stats. ;)

Amazon should add a tab in there web page called Game bundles or something. so people can look @ them easily. Amazon need to fix there Digital download page user friendly. Its not very impressive for my eye :cry:

#3032 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Relax, it's highly unlikely to sell out of keys. For one, Amazon learns from past experiences. For another these are not AAA titles like was in the Absolutely Great Square Pack. And I'm sure there will be individual titles on the Stream trade thread (I known some of mine will be).

#3033 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Back in October they ran this bundle for $9.99 as the deal of the week. It was supposed to last a week, but they ran out of keys several times. They restocked acouple of times, but they finally had to cancel the deal on Monday of that week after the publisher got skittish over how many bundles they were selling for so cheap.

EDIT: Looks like while I was busy hunting down the link for the Square pack, jatan11t already posted about it.

Got to wonder why a publisher would be like that?. Lower price but high volume sales....

#3034 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

It's the reason they don't let me work customer service anymore, the boss caught me with a light splatter of blood across my face, a blood drenched stapler, and a few bodies piled up beneath the counter. Apparently I don't do well in repetitive tasks.

Or play well with others, apparently.

Something tells me the Microsoft Bundle will run out of keys very quickly. Gonna set my alarm.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3035 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

What do you mean with "real complete package"? Isn't the AOE 3 Complete that Amazon is selling, COMPLETE O_O? Or are you referring to a AOE 1, 2 & 3 Complete Ultimate Package :lol: ?

Not sure why no one's put the first two as digital downloads. Doesn't MS still own all three? It certainly can't be a lack of source material. but yeah, I meant aoe complete rather than aoe 3 complete ;)

#3036 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

That bundle was the reason I found out about CAG. I managed to order two of those bundles ;)

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#3037 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

So are we still waiting on the Fable 3 DLC? That's really going to suck if it doesn't make it in time on the EC list just because the DLC keys weren't here yet.

Sell it without the DLC! Or just add the codes to accounts once they come in. :cry:

Nod. A few days ago I was trying to thing a decent dodge around this. I was thinking rig it like a pre-order... but Amazon pre-orders don't get charged until stock is in (at least for physical good) so I'm not sure how that would handle the time limited coupon.

You can borrow mine...

Posted Image

Ooh that looks even sturdier than my trusty Swingline... stands out on the desk more though ... more importantly: Does it want to be red?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3038 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Not quite 'blood red', but should offer some camouflage...

Posted Image

Personally, the Tim Allen in me requires a little more oomph typically, so I have this one as well...

Posted Image

:twisted:

#3039 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Or play well with others, apparently.

Yeah, I used to get that a lot on my report card, "Does not play well with others."

I'm really good with animals though.
Posted Image

That bundle was the reason I found out about CAG. I managed to order two of those bundles ;)

I was playing SR3 shortly after release, and there was this guy in my cellphone I could call and he would give me a few bucks and act as backup but he wasn't part of the Saints. I found out about CAG by trying to answer the question: "Who the Fuck is CheapyD?"

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#3040 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

The problem I saw with that Square Bundle was that there were many who bought multiple copies either to give to friends or sale for profit through trading.
If Amazon instead implemented a "1 bundle per account" policy for the first couple days for these high demand bundles, that would ensure everyone had an opportunity to make a purchase

I do not think the above scenario, or Amazon selling out of keys, will occur this time around; as only those with EC coupons will be buying these bundles for $5 [which is limited to how many coupons you have]; for many others it will be $10.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3041 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

I was playing SR3 shortly after release, and there was this guy in my cellphone I could call and he would give me a few bucks and act as backup but he wasn't part of the Saints. I found out about CAG by trying to answer the question: "Who the Fuck is CheapyD?"

Did you Ask Jeeves? Or Google? :P

#3042 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yeah, I used to get that a lot on my report card, "Does not play well with others."

I'm really good with animals though.
Posted Image

Do I sniff out other Iron Man fans here or it's just my tired mind finding connections where they do not exist xD

/Offtopic

Ontopic: can't wait for the bundles launch!

#3043 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

bout 7 hours to go for the MSFT bundle.....

#3044 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

bout 7 hours to go for the MSFT bundle.....

Gonna be the last game I get off this editor's choice deal.

An awesome deal even it was just for Deadlight/Mark of the Ninja. All the other games are just frosting on the cake.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3045 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

So glad this slipped my mind before I convinced myself to purchase it. No Katy Perry NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on, you can always disable the nude mods :bouncy:
Somehow, I have all of The Sims 3 expansions except the supernatural one which I believe is the last one if the pattern of the first two hold. (the first two Sims ended with a magic themed expansion)

Actually that didn't help me much since I bought some Prototype bundles and didn't get emails for them, plus some emails are threaded. I contacted CS 2 hours ago and they sent me an email stating this:

:D

Thanks, just sent Amazon an email. If I have any left after buying the Microsoft stuff, I'd be happy to use them for a fellow CAG.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3046 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Somewhat off topic, but finding it pretty interesting how people found CAG.

I actually found this site on the first day of the Steam Winter sale this year when somebody quoted Tony's post from here on another forum. Loved the fact that there was a place I could actually find out about deals ahead of time instead of Steam's manner of making you wait.

Definitely getting the arcade bundle as soon as it's live, still debating on AOE 3 Complete. Then, if I have any coupons left I may get one of the 2K packs or Syndicate. Still on the fence with those though

#3047 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hm.. So the Absolutely Great Square Pack has Supreme Commander 2? So that would explain why it was missing from the THQ Mega Pack... any chance of it coming back so that I can have a complete collection of Sup Com?

#3048 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Gonna be the last game I get off this editor's choice deal.

An awesome deal even it was just for Deadlight/Mark of the Ninja. All the other games are just frosting on the cake.

Me too, been waiting something to burn coupons on:). The other 3 games in the bundle are actually pretty decent judging from gameplay footage etc.

#3049 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Somewhat off topic, but finding it pretty interesting how people found CAG.

I actually found this site on the first day of the Steam Winter sale this year when somebody quoted Tony's post from here on another forum. Loved the fact that there was a place I could actually find out about deals ahead of time instead of Steam's manner of making you wait.

Definitely getting the arcade bundle as soon as it's live, still debating on AOE 3 Complete. Then, if I have any coupons left I may get one of the 2K packs or Syndicate. Still on the fence with those though

I actually found cag (probably like a few others) from a thread off gog.com :P

#3050 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

I actually found cag (probably like a few others) from a thread off gog.com :P

I found CAG...oh god...too long ago...and just started posting. :)

Anyway, am I the only one not that interested in the Microsoft Bundle?
Posted Image

#3051 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hm.. So the Absolutely Great Square Pack has Supreme Commander 2? So that would explain why it was missing from the THQ Mega Pack... any chance of it coming back so that I can have a complete collection of Sup Com?

SupCom 2 is published by Square Enix, not THQ. That's the reason why it wasn't on the THQ pack.

Tretton.png

#3052 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Absolutely no chance, Tony confirmed info.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3053 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

If someone hasn't redeemed Steam keys from a DVG purchase (as in, didn't click "View product key" in the library), is it possible to get a refund? And if so, would the $5 coupon from that purchase also be credited back?

I got something as a gift for someone, but I think they have it, so I may want to get the MS pack instead.

#3054 squijee

squijee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hey so is there actually gonna be a fable bundle?
PS3 Slim 160GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
PS4 (Upgraded to 2TB)
My For Sell Thread http://www.cheapassg...ari/?p=11868193

#3055 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

If someone hasn't redeemed Steam keys from a DVG purchase (as in, didn't click "View product key" in the library), is it possible to get a refund? And if so, would the $5 coupon from that purchase also be credited back?

I got something as a gift for someone, but I think they have it, so I may want to get the MS pack instead.

Maybe, if anything you wouldn't get the coupon back but would probably just get a generic $5 credit applied to your account. I'm not sure what their rules are regarding refunds on unviewed keys though. Would think they could just put it back in circulation, but there may be something else I don't know about.

#3056 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

The problem I saw with that Square Bundle was that there were many who bought multiple copies either to give to friends or sale for profit through trading.
If Amazon instead implemented a "1 bundle per account" policy for the first couple days for these high demand bundles, that would ensure everyone had an opportunity to make a purchase

I do not think the above scenario, or Amazon selling out of keys, will occur this time around; as only those with EC coupons will be buying these bundles for $5 [which is limited to how many coupons you have]; for many others it will be $10.

yeah except the arcade bundle is still an absolutely phenomenal deal for $10

#3057 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

that sounds like a huge longshot

you might want to say what it is and maybe someone will trade you

#3058 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Do I sniff out other Iron Man fans here or it's just my tired mind finding connections where they do not exist xD

Sorry, I know exceedingly little about IronMan. Even as a baby I didn't trust/like people. I simply loved animals though.

Did you Ask Jeeves? Or Google? :P

/shaq-fu!96.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='Fuck' />+is+CheapyD%3F&search=&qsrc=0&o=0&l=dir' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://uk.ask.com/we...src=0&o=0&l=dir ;D

You do know they fired retired Jeeves in '06. The UK site brought him out of unemployment in '09.

I was successful in this a few days ago. I clearly explained what I wanted done and to confirm with me if otherwise. They got back to be in under 2 hours, saying they could do what I wanted and asked for my approval. When I checked back a day later, it was done. I should have some $5 credit applied to my account (honestly, I can't make heads or tails of this atm, I'll find out on my next purchase).

#3059 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the input, all. I'll give it a shot, then.

#3060 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Holy crap, should I get Hitman PE with all the DLC for $22.42? killer deal on steam.