Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3061 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Hitman is following the DXHR pricing trend from last year. I highly expect it to keep dropping in price sooner than later.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3062 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

well i cant remeber how i found cag except searching amazon sale i found amazon red flag then this

#3063 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Hitman is following the DXHR pricing trend from last year. I highly expect it to keep dropping in price sooner than later.

Good point, it is dropping like a rock.
I'm Elbow deep in Borderlands 2 & Amalur too at the moment.

#3064 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Is Dark Souls worth getting on PC? I heard about it being a bad port and such, and the framerate is capped so it's smoothness isn't much better than console (although I would assume it'd be better in like Blighttown). I also heard the mouse and keyboard controls are god awful, too.

#3065 Hellacious

Hellacious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Is Dark Souls worth getting on PC? I heard about it being a bad port and such, and the framerate is capped so it's smoothness isn't much better than console (although I would assume it'd be better in like Blighttown). I also heard the mouse and keyboard controls are god awful, too.

Check the Steam Forums... there is a Community made patch that will make it 1080p and run smooth. I would highly recommend using a XBOX 360 controller on PC though as it is difficult to control using the mouse and keyboard.

#3066 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

It's easily (and really must be) modded to look better and have an uncapped framerate. The KBAM in general sucks though. I'd only get it if you have a gamepad.

#3067 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hey so is there actually gonna be a fable bundle?

You'll find out after 1am tomorrow i guess :P...Still have a few days left in January for them to bring it onto ec...

#3068 Zakart

Zakart

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hello Cags,
I need a suggestion, I finished Far Cry 3 yesterday with 100% maps and side quests and now I am itching for something not necessarily similar but as good. I haven't played Xcom, Skyrim, Dishonored and Devil May Cry 5. What should I go for next?

Quick Review FC3: Great shooter, fantastic graphics (as in you can make a wallpaper out of every frame), not so involving story but still good. And this is coming from someone who didn't like FC2.

EDIT: I know Bathesda games are not on Amazon.
Edit 2: wow and no DMC5 either.

Tony, DMC5 $30 instabuy!!!!

#3069 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Check the Steam Forums... there is a Community made patch that will make it 1080p and run smooth. I would highly recommend using a XBOX 360 controller on PC though as it is difficult to control using the mouse and keyboard.

I would think that with all the praise Dark Souls gets for being difficult that people would welcome the difficulty in using it without a controller.

#3070 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Oh darn, I don't have a 360 controller. I don't know I already have Dark Souls for PS3 but the PC version comes with DLC so I figured it might have been worth it.

#3071 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Then use your PS3 controller. Easy to setup it up on PC with motioninjoy. It can be setup to emulate a 360 pad.

#3072 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Then use your PS3 controller. Easy to setup it up on PC with motioninjoy. It can be setup to emulate a 360 pad.

I didn't know you could make a PS3 controller work through USB, only through bluetooth. Thanks!

#3073 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hello Cags,
I need a suggestion, I finished Far Cry 3 yesterday with 100% maps and side quests and now I am itching for something not necessarily similar but as good. I haven't played Xcom, Skyrim, Dishonored and Devil May Cry 5. What should I go for next?

Quick Review FC3: Great shooter, fantastic graphics (as in you can make a wallpaper out of every frame), not so involving story but still good. And this is coming from someone who didn't like FC2.

I own both Far Cry 3 and Skyrim. I love BOTH FPS and RPG [my 2 favorites genres]. I can wholeheartedly say Skyrim is a much better game than Far Cry3; so if you were impressed by FC3, Skyrim should blow your mind.

Also:
Far Cry 3 - Metascore 88
Skyrim - Metascore 94

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3074 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I own both Far Cry 3 and Skyrim. I love BOTH FPS and RPG [my 2 favorites genres]. I can wholeheartedly say Skyrim is a much better game than Far Cry3; so if you were impressed by FC3, Skyrim should blow your mind.

Also:
Far Cry 3 - Metascore 88
Skyrim - Metascore 94

And all those mods for Skyrim!! the workshop for Skyrim is like a candy store! you want to taste all!!

#3075 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

I tried Dishonored after doing Hitman: Absolution & Far Cry 3. I quickly got bored with Dishonored but I don't know if that was because I didn't like the game itself or if I was just burnt out on crouch-walking through my video games.

I learned of this site during the run-up to the Steam Summer Sale 2012. I posted something on the Steam forums asking about some game going on sale or hoping it would. Tony made a rare SPUF post linking to this thread where, naturally, Amazon was putting the game on sale the next day.

#3076 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hello Cags,

I give my vote to XCOM. Most addictive game I've played in years. I just finished Dishonored two days ago. Another fantastic game. Going to play it again in a few weeks and try a different play style (after I finish Far Cry 3 and Modern Warfare 3). Never played any of the Elder Scrolls or Devil May Cry games...
76561198025510545.png

#3077 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

didnt realise I Dont Know Jack is a THQ game.
hope Amazon has a deal on it again :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3078 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Also:
Far Cry 3 - Metascore 88
Skyrim - Metascore 94

And I couldn't disagree more with that. Far Cry 3 is far, FAR better than Skyrim. Why? Because Far Cry is a carrot on a stick with a great reward for doing everything. New moves, abilities, guns, - fantastic. Skyrim? It's a carrot on a stick with no carrot. Yep, that's right. There's no payoff AT ALL! It's just aimless wander around. Where's the loot? Where's the reward? Skyrim was my least favorite game in recent memory, and I can't fathom all the high praise. Sure, Skyrim will last many, many hours longer, but you'll wonder why you're bothering.

Most overrated games in the last year:

1.) Skyrim.
2.) Persona 4 for the Vita (admittedly a "special" edition, but still).

Feel free to flame away now. :D
www.bighugenerd.com

#3079 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

I tried Dishonored after doing Hitman: Absolution & Far Cry 3. I quickly got bored with Dishonored but I don't know if that was because I didn't like the game itself or if I was just burnt out on crouch-walking through my video games.

I learned of this site during the run-up to the Steam Summer Sale 2012. I posted something on the Steam forums asking about some game going on sale or hoping it would. Tony made a rare SPUF post linking to this thread where, naturally, Amazon was putting the game on sale the next day.

Damn, I was gonna ask what the hell is CROTCH-WALKING until I realized I misread that.

didnt realise I Dont Know Jack is a THQ game.
hope Amazon has a deal on it again :/

Very Doubtful, not sure Jellyvision was purchased by anyone during the auction.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3080 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I have actually bought the THQ Medley, Darksider Franchise, SR3 Franchise and even the THQ Humble Bundle..

very tempted to get the THQ Full Bundle to secure the remaining missing ones but I would have so many spare codes :/

Is everything in the DOW Franchise Pack now in the THQ Full Pack too?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#3081 mikejenks

mikejenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

And I couldn't disagree more with that. Far Cry 3 is far, FAR better than Skyrim. Why? Because Far Cry is a carrot on a stick with a great reward for doing everything. New moves, abilities, guns, - fantastic. Skyrim? It's a carrot on a stick with no carrot. Yep, that's right. There's no payoff AT ALL! It's just aimless wander around. Where's the loot? Where's the reward?

Well, now I understand why game developers are creating shitty skinner boxes instead of fun games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3082 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I only got the THQ Humble Bundle, SR3 FP, and Darksiders Franchise. I couldn't convince myself to get the THQ Mega Pack because I didn't want to be bothered selling all the duplicates. Also, does not knowing CheapyD is a downloadable character in SR3 make me an outcast?

#3083 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well, now I understand why game developers are creating shitty skinner boxes instead of fun games.

It's okay, real gamers put pointless, idiotic people like that guy on "ignore" because they know his opinion is worthless and has no effect on the industry or gamer consensus. Just another troll going against the grain to instigate conversation in his otherwise solitary, bridge-dwelling life. ;)

#3084 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

And I couldn't disagree more with that. Far Cry 3 is far, FAR better than Skyrim. Why? Because Far Cry is a carrot on a stick with a great reward for doing everything. New moves, abilities, guns, - fantastic. Skyrim? It's a carrot on a stick with no carrot. Yep, that's right. There's no payoff AT ALL! It's just aimless wander around. Where's the loot? Where's the reward? Skyrim was my least favorite game in recent memory, and I can't fathom all the high praise. Sure, Skyrim will last many, many hours longer, but you'll wonder why you're bothering.

Most overrated games in the last year:

1.) Skyrim.
2.) Persona 4 for the Vita (admittedly a "special" edition, but still).

Feel free to flame away now. :D

It's one thing that it's your least favorite game, a whole different one is that you think it's a bad game just because you didn't know what to do with it.

What's with the plague of solipsism these days anyway? Have we become so isolated in this, the age of social networking??

#3085 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Is everything in the DOW Franchise Pack now in the THQ Full Pack too?

no, THQ full pack doesn't have Soulstorm and Retribution DLCs. and DoW gold in THQ pack is Steam key.

#3086 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Guys I have one Borderlands 2 key if anyone wants to trade it for Dishonored PM me please, thank you

#3087 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

I only got the THQ Humble Bundle, SR3 FP, and Darksiders Franchise. I couldn't convince myself to get the THQ Mega Pack because I didn't want to be bothered selling all the duplicates. Also, does not knowing CheapyD is a downloadable character in SR3 make me an outcast?

That, or you just don't check your phone much. I only found out that he was a character in there because I was just looking through my phone.

#3088 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

no, THQ full pack doesn't have Soulstorm and Retribution DLCs. and DoW gold in THQ pack is Steam key.

this actually made me not want the bundle so much anymore haha

#3089 solidsmooky

solidsmooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)

Where is this coupon?

#3090 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I find Skyrim fun if you have a good imagination and inner storyteller. I love creating different characters, playing them in their own styles, making choices according to their personalities, etc.

Incredible game, especially with mods (looks utterly gorgeous with ENB), but it can feel pointless if you're not into it.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png