Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3541 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Anyone else getting a 4 hour processing message for the MS pack?

I didn't buy the MS packs, but I do get the 4 hour processing warning at times when making other purchases. Just hold tight and wait 30 minutes to a couple hours.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3542 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Second, I just want clarification on the MS arcade bundle. Its definitely only Steam drm right and no other? I read the OP, the last 10-12 hours of this thread and Amazon's pages and didn't see anything. Only reason I ask is a week or so ago there was a post I read saying these games would have GFWL also.

I guess you didn't look at the actually game pages on Amazon then, because they all say "DRM:Steam". As for which games are free of additional DRM (GFWL), I forget the specific titles, but a quick thread search should provide your answer.

#3543 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Pretty sure Iron Brigade requires GFWL -- might be able to just create an offline profile, though.

#3544 Cagamer99

Cagamer99

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I guess you didn't look at the actually game pages on Amazon then, because they all say "DRM:Steam". As for which games are free of additional DRM (GFWL), I forget the specific titles, but a quick thread search should provide your answer.

Yes, as I said in my post, I know they all have Steam DRM. But there is no mention of GFWL and many times, even on Steam game pages, GFWL is not listed as DRM even if it is present. This is a miss on many game pages and is something people often complain about.

So, since someone had posted a week or two ago that these MS arcade games may end up having GFWL, I was just asking for clarification from anyone who has purchased this bundle already.

Once again, thanks in advance for anyone who has the answer.

#3545 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yes, as I said in my post, I know they all have Steam DRM. But there is no mention of GFWL and many times, even on Steam game pages GFWL is not listed as DRM even if it is present. This is a miss on many game pages and is something people often complain about.

So, since someone had posted a week or two ago that these MS arcade games may end up having GFWL, I was just asking for clarification from anyone who has purchased this bundle already.

Hey dude,

I'd answer this but I honestly don't have a good, definitive answer.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3546 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Picked up the Microsoft pack last night. Thanks for that, Tony. Great pack. ITSP is the only one I've played before, and it would be worth the price of admission on this by itself.

#3547 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Sold. I really liked the games you referenced and having strong story components are a plus in my book. The detractors you mention, while fans probably feel stronger about them, are issues that never hooked me in the first place, so no loss there for me. Thanks!

I think Hitman: Absolution was pretty good, IMHO.

It really does try to do a lot of NEW things [an actual story here that's pretty good; some great characters; Mark and Execute skill; more mission type variety]. Though they did REMOVE some things I liked in Blood Money (Notoriety System and Buying/Upgrading Equipment).

The thing is - Hitman: Ab scores everything you do against the rest of the USA and World. I'd say - don't be super-duper concerned w/ your score, first go around. The game's NOT EASY; even on Normal it is NOT easy (that's what I played on). You likely will die and replay areas A LOT, as is -- so you'll end up replaying areas & reloading A LOT EVEN MORE SO, if you do try to be a Stealthy Perfectionist.

Plus, once you finish a chapter, just select it off the Chapter Selection and re-do whatever chapter whenever you want.

#3548 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Am I not looking in the right place or is there no Fable Bundle for $5?

#3549 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

First off, thanks Tony and Amazon for these wonderful sales from practically mid-November till now. Some fantastic work you guys did for us and speaking for myself, I definitely appreciate it.

Second, I just want clarification on the MS arcade bundle. Its definitely only Steam drm right and no other? I read the OP, the last 10-12 hours of this thread and Amazon's pages and didn't see anything. Only reason I ask is a week or so ago there was a post I read saying these games would have GFWL also.

Probably gonna buy it anyways but just want to know what I'm gonna have to end up doing if it is GFWL since I've never used it so far but heard the horror stories.

Thanks in advance :).

I can't say from personal experience (because I haven't downloaded my games yet) but I've heard others say this:

Deadlight - Steam only
Mark of the Ninja - Steam only
Iron Brigade - Steam + Windows Live
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - Steam + Windows Live
Toy Soldiers - Your choice between Steam or Windows Live. Apparently you're given the choice when you first start playing.

#3550 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yes, as I said in my post, I know they all have Steam DRM. But there is no mention of GFWL and many times, even on Steam game pages, GFWL is not listed as DRM even if it is present. This is a miss on many game pages and is something people often complain about.

Iron Brigade and Insanely...Planet both require Games for Windows. The others don't. More details courtesy of: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=3518

#3551 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Am I not looking in the right place or is there no Fable Bundle for $5?

Amazon is waiting for DLC keys. I wouldn't get your hopes up, Steam has had the message that they are waiting on DLC keys since early January I believe. This was the main deal I wanted too!

#3552 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys,

Can you tell the guys over in this thread:

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3066897

That I went ahead and changed the name of the bundle to the "Arcade/Indie" bundle, good points were made, and these are primarily Indie Games.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3553 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I can't say from personal experience (because I haven't downloaded my games yet) but I've heard others say this:

Deadlight - Steam only
Mark of the Ninja - Steam only
Iron Brigade - Steam + Windows Live
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - Steam + Windows Live
Toy Soldiers - Your choice between Steam or Windows Live. Apparently you're given the choice when you first start playing.

Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja don't have Microsoft achiemvements and the others do so it would make sense that the others need Windows Live to support that.

#3554 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Is the other version AOE3 DRM free?

#3555 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

What is this coupon everyone is mentioning?
On all Amazon DVG purchases from Nov 17th-Dec 31st 2012, a $5 promotional credit was issued, good for games and bundles on the Editor's Choice list in January 2013.

I missed out, can I still get a coupon?
No. However, many CAGs are offering their coupons at or slightly above cost in the Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests Thread.

I have extra keys from a bundle I purchased, can I sell them here?.
This is a deal thread, not a sale thread. Check the Group Buy/Gift Request Thread to sell your keys or buy extras from other CAGs.

#3556 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Just bought Arcade Pack. Can't wait to play Mark of the Ninja! Still got 5 coupons left, though. It's too bad I picked up nearly all of the 2K games from previous Amazon sales :P Any new deals coming up? Or should I just stock up on Arcade Bundles for re-selling?
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#3557 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think from here on out we ignore this question. People asking have clearly ignored the last 20 pages where it has been asked at least once per page.
Plus, if they are asking right now they almost assuredly don't have 1 so it's no loss anyway

This is my first trip to the thread, it's not listed in the OP so how should I be expected to know?
Posted Image

#3558 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Just bought Arcade Pack. Can't wait to play Mark of the Ninja! Still got 5 coupons left, though. It's too bad I picked up nearly all of the 2K games from previous Amazon sales :P Any new deals coming up? Or should I just stock up on Arcade Bundles for re-selling?

Burning Hot bundle (Burnout Paradise + Need for Speed: Hot pursuit) $6.99 AC in 2 days.
Dark Souls (highly recommend only buying if you own a game pad) $12.49 AC and The Secret World $12.99 AC on 1/31.

Guardian_owl.png

#3559 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Look at the OP. Burning Hot Bundle, Dark Souls, Secret World, Fable bundle (assuming they get keys before the 31st), maybe others.

Whether any of those hold any interest for you is of course up to you.

#3560 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I guess this is sort of a silly question, but if you buy that five game pack, they don't unlock on xbox live arcade too, do they?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3561 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Used my last coupon (I only had three coupons) on the Microsoft bundle.

#3562 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Look at the OP. Burning Hot Bundle, Dark Souls, Secret World, Fable bundle (assuming they get keys before the 31st), maybe others.

Whether any of those hold any interest for you is of course up to you.

I know. I bought all of that already (save Fable). Tony's earlier deals were too awesome. I was kinda hoping for some SEGA (Total War!)/Ubi (besides Far Cry)/Paradox/Square/Activision stuff. Also, I shoulda bought the EA Classics when it was on sale :/
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#3563 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I guess this is sort of a silly question, but if you buy that five game pack, they don't unlock on xbox live arcade too, do they?

Nope. They are Steam keys. The ones that you can use GFWL on will add to your achievement count for your Xbox Live account, but you don't get a copy for your Xbox. Maybe one day in the future when you buy something for one platform you'll get it across all platforms that you have the same account on, but that day is not today.

#3564 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Of course not. But I like the way you think. Tried this angle with a girlfriend's twin sister. Didn't work there either. :(

#3565 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

An extremely awesome deal. I already have Trenc... err Iron Brigade and Toy Soldiers on xbox 360, but $4.99 for those PC versions and three other solid games, one of them being Mark of the Ninja? SOLD. Looks like I had no issue getting the keys, so that stuff must have been worked out. Thanks OP and Amazon!

#3566 Okceert

Okceert

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I just bought the Microsoft bundle because I had the $5 promo credit from buying The Cave and the $5 coupon so it was basically free for me, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.

I really wanted to pick up Fable 1, but currently don't have money to grab it even at $2.49 price mark. So I have Deadlight up for anyone that is able to help me out. Basically a swap, the only game I really wanted from the bundle was Mark of the Ninja. If anyone is interested PM me and we can set up a trade for Fable.
As proof that I have not activated Deadlight:
Spoiler

EDIT: Services no longer needed...

Edited by Okceert, 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#3567 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Amazon is waiting for DLC keys. I wouldn't get your hopes up, Steam has had the message that they are waiting on DLC keys since early January I believe. This was the main deal I wanted too!

Okay, I was oblivious to this, what was to be included in the $5 bundle? I assume it was $5 after $5 off January only warm and fuzzy 2012 Buying coupon.

I did see the $2.50 Fable LC for Steam in the OP, but already have it.

#3568 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Bah. Helped one too many CAG and now I'm out of coupons. I'll pass on AoEIII but looks like I'm going to be on the corner with a sign for the Fable collection
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#3569 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Is it possible to get achievements through the games in the Microsoft bundle?

#3570 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Is it possible to get achievements through the games in the Microsoft bundle?

My quote from earlier.

Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja only use Steam and have Steam Achievements.
Toy Soldiers has the option to launch as Steamworks or GFWL.
Iron Brigade and ITSP both use GFWL only.

GFWL = Xbox Achievements.

All the games are Steam Keys from Amazon and therefore you need Steam to play them even if they use GFWL.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler