Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#331 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Tony, the Alice and DA games aren't actually in the Editor's Choice games list (at least not for me). Figured you might want to fix that. Thinking about DA

Yeah we had a hiccup, should be fixed soon.

Also, look at the right hand side of the page. We added a call out for the 48 hour deals.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#332 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

It'll be the $14.99/$19.99 pricing pre-coupon.

$19.99 being the game + season pass.

Still figuring out timing.

Cheers,
Tony

Hm.. I think I'll have to pass on it again, I'd definitely bite if it were $7.50 though (base game, no dlc).

Good for anyone that wanted a repeat of the price from earlier this month though.

#333 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Not bad. If anyone wants just the season pass (maybe you got the base game before) PM me.

#334 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Is everyone supposed to get this $5 off coupon? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Negative, it was given to folks that purchased digital games from November 17th-December 31st.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#335 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yep, passing. Good price but the game just isn't my cup o' tea.

#336 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Will I get an extra key for Darksiders if I get the Darsiders pack? I already own it.
Posted Image

#337 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Will I get an extra key for Darksiders if I get the Darsiders pack? I already own it.

seriously? read the thread. YES.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#338 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

If Farming Simulator happened to drop to $15 or (dare I wish) $10, I can assure you that there would be at least one very happy farmer here. PLEASE!

Make that two.

#339 blackMamba1187

blackMamba1187

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Too bad the Command and Conquer Collection still isn't being price matched. Gamestop's sale is still going, proving it wasn't some kind of mistake or flash sale. Next month a certain Origin sale may bring it down to $15, so amazon may be behind in price again. At $12 ut would have been a great buy. I thought it has been previously stated that Amazon ALWAYS matches major retailers (provided they are not out of country or 1st party)?

I second this sentiment. Might cave and buy it from impulse.

Playing: SM3DW (wiiU); LoZ:ALBW(3ds); ACIV (ps4); Knack (ps4);  Cook, Serve, Delicious (ipad), ACIV comp.app (ipad)

#340 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I thought it has been previously stated that Amazon ALWAYS matches major retailers (provided they are not out of country or 1st party)?

I don't recall it being "ALWAYS" but they try to. There are a lot of exceptions, like you listed, but it often doesn't work out.

#341 jediyoshi

jediyoshi

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Insanely low sales like that are usually an indication that it's about to go F2P, anyway. Now that it is you'll probably never see that price point again.

Any other precedent for that? Only other games I can think of lately that went down that route were SWTOR and TSW and I picked those up for a song after they switched over.

#342 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I second this sentiment. Might cave and buy it from impulse.

I'm pretty sure Tony already gave his blessing to go get it at Impulse since they won't be matching it.

#343 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Your post clearly stated the time.

2nd EDIT: This post was originally to ask when the 12 hour window would be that we can get the DoW Franchise pack for $5 (after coupon)

#344 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Any other precedent for that? Only other games I can think of lately that went down that route were SWTOR and TSW and I picked those up for a song after they switched over.

Well you just named two examples in the last few months. Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online, Global Agenda, DDO, Vanguard, etc. Pretty much any half-baked MMO that started off with a subscription model, realized they couldn't compete with WoW and went F2P. You'd be harder pressed to name more examples of subscription based MMO that actually remained subscription based after a year.

#345 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well you just named two examples in the last few months. Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online, Global Agenda, etc. Pretty much any half-baked MMO that started off with a subscription model, realized they couldn't compete with WoW and went F2P. You'd be harder pressed to name more examples of subscription based MMO that actually remained subscription based after a year.

Ultima Online? :-P

Seriously, I don't know how the hell that game is not F2P yet. It was released in the friggin 90s.

Asheron's Call is apparently still around and still not free too.

I guess those games have a small but devoted little niche fanbase and probably don't cost much to upkeep.

steam_sig.png

#346 Germinator

Germinator

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hey guys,

FYI those who missed out on the Max Payne 3 deal...get excited.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm excited.

#347 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Wow, I didn't even know UO was still up and running.

#348 Germinator

Germinator

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Cheers,
Tony

do the deal for tomorrow. :D

#349 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

@Tony

Don't know if you're in negotiations w/ UbiSoft to have them have a big EC day and/or week (like 2K, THQ, EA, and others have done) -- but I hope you are! I'd like to see some MORE UbiSoft games hit the EC; especially since you got a few on there already (Far Cry 3 and AC3); so yeah, I would love to see UbiSoft have an EC Day and/or week.

I'd like to see Rayman: Origins & GR: Future Soldier make the EC List, too.

I see Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is currently $10.20 for Regular Ed; $11.90 for Deluxe Ed - in Ubi's Download Store.
Would love to see you guys top them. ;)

#350 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Talking about Saints Row The Third, when you go to it's steam product page, does it say that you own it? In my case, it just shows Add to cart, even jshackles' extension doesn't detect it even though I have the Full Package.

Does that change if you refresh the page a bunch of times? For me SR3 and its DLC sometimes shows as owned, and sometimes it doesn't. :-s

#351 jediyoshi

jediyoshi

Well you just named two examples in the last few months. Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online, Global Agenda, DDO, Vanguard, etc. Pretty much any half-baked MMO that started off with a subscription model, realized they couldn't compete with WoW and went F2P. You'd be harder pressed to name more examples of subscription based MMO that actually remained subscription based after a year.

Wut. I was asking about price drops that occur after an MMO hits f2p. Not sure the point you were making as to why TERA in particular would be out of luck in means of another sale. The examples I posted were contrary to that.

#352 r333k0

r333k0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

I would love to get the dawn of war pack, but I really hate getting games not part of steam, especially when all the rest of the franchise will be on steam. So I was wondering if you only don't have all those keys and don't have dark crusade because of a rushed bundle, and were out of time? Do you plan on getting those games and steam keys at a later date? If you do, would they be added/replaced as the steam version for free? I realize that you had titan quest gold as a replacement, but I would love to have the set...
I know that you help people out who accidentally buy the wrong version DRM of a game, but would we, in most cases, be able to switch a drm free game to a steam version if you get it later?

Just wanna make sure these questions hasn't been lost amongst the Baldur's Gate discussion. The window of buying it isn't so big, so I really want them to be answered by tomorrow so I can decide on buying it, and I don't know for sure if Tony will be answering questions then.

#353 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

You'd be harder pressed to name more examples of subscription based MMO that actually remained subscription based after a year.

Warhammer Online, a game that never deserved a sub to begin with with their crappy patching, little updates and little to no extra developmen, yet $15 a month for years.

#354 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I just wish Eve went F2P. However many years running and it hasn't happened though, so it probably never will.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#355 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Ok. just checked the MP3 season pass discounts all DLC content pack for one price. I guess I'll pass. Might bite on MP3 or DoW Franchise. Wish I had another coupon lol. Thought 6 coupons was enough for January. Nope.

#356 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony, I'm interested in Max Payne 3 Season Pass (NOT FOR STEAM) is there any chance for a deal?

#357 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

I just wish Eve went F2P. However many years running and it hasn't happened though, so it probably never will.

I have been hoping for the same thing to happen to Final Fantasy XI.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#358 ojaybaby

ojaybaby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just a reminded to people about Max Payne 3 Season pass. It is all multiplayer content.

#359 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Just a reminded to people about Max Payne 3 Season pass. It is all multiplayer content.

Doen't it discounts all of it for one low price?

#360 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I've heard of people playing free through grinding out the demo or something. I'm not an Eve player so I never understood it.