Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3571 Cagamer99

Cagamer99

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

<snip>

Iron Brigade and Insanely...Planet both require Games for Windows. The others don't. More details courtesy of:

Thanks to both of you...very helpful to know.

#3572 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Not sure if anyone replied to this (others have asked). There are two versions of AOE III Complete Collection. One has Steam DRM. Is the other one GFWL ? Or DRM free? (doesnt say)
Posted Image

#3573 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Not sure if anyone replied to this (others have asked). There are two versions of AOE III Complete Collection. One has Steam DRM. Is the other one GFWL ? Or DRM free? (doesnt say)

As I've said and linked multiple times, the steam version of AoE 3 GFWL-free/DRM-free.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3574 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Sweet, I got AOE III Complete, Arcade bundle, and Spec ops for $12.50. Thanks Tony.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#3575 MastaNinja

MastaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Dang, thought had one more coupon for NBA2k13. Crap.

#3576 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Used my last coupon (I only had three coupons) on the Microsoft bundle.

Same situation as me. I activated Iron Brigade. Traded Deadlight + ITSP + Toy Soldiers for Chivalry, and Mark of the Ninja for Don't Starve.

Now I need to find someone with a coupon for another bundle so I can activate Mark of the Ninja lol

Great bundle!

#3577 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

As I've said and linked multiple times, the steam version of AoE 3 GFWL-free/DRM-free.

He's asking about the DRM on the non-steam version.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3578 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

He's asking about the DRM on the non-steam version.

His assumption is wrong. I'm interpreting that he wants a DRM-free version.

According to a MS rep here.

Just to clarify, Age of Empires 3 does not use GFWL at all. There are no steam or LIVE achievements on the game, and there is no DRM to limit installations / activations.

I believe the non-steam version on Amazon has GFWL (my non-steam version has GFWL).

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#3579 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

So the Fable pack is a no-go?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3580 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Tony,

Not necessarily for a sale, but any chances of trying to get some of the older games from Activision/Blizzard for DD? I'd personally love getting to play Warcraft 2 again specifically.

#3581 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

So the Fable pack is a no-go?

The Fable pack is waiting on DLC Keys. (And I'm assuming the MS people responsible for that don't work weekends.)

#3582 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I believe the non-steam version on Amazon has GFWL (my non-steam version has GFWL).

i dont think it has either i have friend that aoe3 cd case maybe no the complete the but the 1st two and it only uses for mutliplayer ensemble studios login to play online

#3583 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

According to a MS rep here.

Mate,
Not to be picky but Steam is a DRM. Any way i know Steam version has Steam DRM (thanks for confirming it has no GFWL on that version). What i was after is whether the non Steam one has GFWL or not since it doesn't state on the gamepage whether it does or not.

Edited by smurfinaus, 27 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.
update

Posted Image

#3584 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Tony,

Not necessarily for a sale, but any chances of trying to get some of the older games from Activision/Blizzard for DD? I'd personally love getting to play Warcraft 2 again specifically.

I've never seen and Actilizzard (Activaision+Blizzard) games for digital download outside of the Blizzard Store. They seem to want to keep middlemen out of their profits. I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've never need Warcraft 2 digital. Fortunately it's DOS, so getting it to run in DOSbox shouldn't be too much trouble.

#3585 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Mate,
Not to be picky but Steam is a DRM. Any way i know Steam version has Steam DRM (thanks for confirming it has no GFWL on that version). What i was after is whether the non Steam one has GFWL or not since it doesn't state on the gamepage whether it does or not.

You're welcome.

#3586 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Aside from vacillating over the upcoming Burning Hot Bundle solely for Hot Pursuit (since I already have BP:TUB), I think my 2012-2013 Holiday purchasing is finally over (barring some ridiculous surprise in the next 4 days). I now have roughly 4-5 months to start working on the backlog, avoid impulse buys and save some funds to prep for the summer sales. In short...thanks Tony and Amazon!

Also,

#3587 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Aside from vacillating over the upcoming Burning Hot Bundle solely for Hot Pursuit (since I already have BP:TUB), I think my 2012-2013 Holiday purchasing is finally over (barring some ridiculous surprise in the next 4 days). I now have roughly 4-5 months to start working on the backlog, avoid impulse buys and save some funds to prep for the summer sales. In short...thanks Tony and Amazon!

Also,

I'd highly recommend NFS:HP (2010). It's the best NFS entry in recent years.

Worry, it's not over, all the Valentine's themed indie bundles are on the Horizon. :lol:

#3588 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'd highly recommend NFS:HP (2010). It's the best NFS entry in recent years.

Worry, it's not over, all the Valentine's themed indie bundles are on the Horizon. :lol:

Cool, I'll get it on your recommend. I should have several credits left over anyway.

Valentine's...no, no, no, I'm not being suckered into buying in on EVERY "holiday" themed sale. That's how they get you. Pretty soon you're lobotomized into thinking 5% off on Trash Day is a miraculous deal. :whee:

#3589 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Mate,

I'm waiting on this answer too. I would probably buy a DRM free version (probably 2 copies) over the Steam one.

#3590 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I've never seen and Actilizzard (Activaision+Blizzard) games for digital download outside of the Blizzard Store. They seem to want to keep middlemen out of their profits. I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've never need Warcraft 2 digital. Fortunately it's DOS, so getting it to run in DOSbox shouldn't be too much trouble.

It's like EA making some of their games exclusive to Origin. If you have your own method of distributing that's effective, why would you invite more hands into the cookie jar.

#3591 Rhiley1

Rhiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Bah I thought I had one more $5 credit for the microsoft package but I must have been wrong. Does Amazon make it difficult to track digital credits on purpose? It's not just games, it's hard to figure out if you have credit for mp3s and videos too.

#3592 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Will Amazon price match Zelda: Skyward Sword with Target's $19.99? That's the edition WITH the music CD too.

#3593 Cyn100

Cyn100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Will Amazon price match Zelda: Skyward Sword with Target's $19.99? That's the edition WITH the music CD too.

Not sure. This thread is really only for the digital downloads.

#3594 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

This is the Amazon PC Digital Download thread. Tony does PC Digital Downloads. Try hitting the "tell us about a lower price" link on the Amazon product page.

#3595 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Any way i know Steam version has Steam DRM

Except it doesn't :) The Steam version is literally DRM free. It runs outside of Steam. :)

#3596 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I want the arcade pack so bad!, but for more than a week that i cant get access to my game codes!!, no view product code button. I cant even see my older orders!..i have tried all browsers, pc, phones, consoles, and nothing! My F5 key is almost gone, and the support team and website engineers are doing nothing to fix this!.. I want my codes..Tooooony!

#3597 opasx

opasx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Sane Brain: "No more game purchases until you finish some of your backlog"
Game Hoarder Brain: "Sounds good"
Amazon PCDD: "I disagree..."

Great work on the MS bundle, AOEIII and Fable:TLC Tony.

I still have a fair few $5 credits to chew through what else should my wallet be in fear of?

#3598 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Bah I thought I had one more $5 credit for the microsoft package but I must have been wrong. Does Amazon make it difficult to track digital credits on purpose?

On purpose? Almost certainly not. I think they just aren't very good at it. Tony has said before that not having the "Check credit" page linked to the DVG portion of the site is intentional since it's so misleading. However I get the impression that that whole section of Amazon.com real estate is completely out of Tony's domain so there's not much he can do beyond registering a polite suggestion at staff meetings and dreaming of brighter days.

#3599 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Except it doesn't :) The Steam version is literally DRM free. It runs outside of Steam. :)

Seriously?????. Im going to try with my steam copy....:P
Posted Image

#3600 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm not sure if it has already been posted but Hitman: Absolution is $16.99. Fantasic game at an amazing price.