Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3631 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

2012 Editor's Choice = suitably high selling games that Tony managed to convince the Publishers to put on credit/sale

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3632 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

How is Sleeping Dogs not a game the editor would choose? Come on Tony, do what's right!

I'm betting that both Sleeping Dogs and Hitman:Absolution will follow the Deux Ex: Human Revolution pricing curve - ie, Complete Packs with all DLC at $7.50 or less by Christmas next year. My backlog thanks Squeenix for its predictability in pricing. :bouncy:

#3633 TreadLife

TreadLife

End of line.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

I'm betting that both Sleeping Dogs and Hitman:Absolution will follow the Deux Ex: Human Revolution pricing curve - ie, Complete Packs with all DLC at $7.50 or less by Christmas next year. My backlog thanks Squeenix for its predictability in pricing. :bouncy:

Yeah, that's what I'm wanting to hold out on for both of those games, too.
Often regret getting a base game and having the hassle and extra cost of a bunch of DLC later.
And in the case of Batman AC, they even made it a different item on Steam! Kinda annoying.
Posted Image

#3634 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Sane Brain: "No more game purchases until you finish some of your backlog"
Game Hoarder Brain: "Sounds good"
Amazon PCDD: "I disagree..."

My brain is a little different...

Logic Side of Brain: "I'm done with video game purchases this year! I now have too many games to play and not enough time."
Game Hoarder part of Brain: "Pfft, not possible."
Tony: "Oh look, we have a deal going."
Logic brain: "MMMMMHMHMHMMMMHMHMMMMM!!!!" *muffled screams go by as the logic side of my brain is tried up and thrown into a random janitors closet inside my head*

#3635 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I was actually hoping that it would somehow magically follow Darksiders 2 trend since they were released at the same time.

#3636 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

That would require Squeeidos going bankrupt, which I don't think anyone wants.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3637 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I was actually hoping that it would somehow magically follow Darksiders 2 trend since they were released at the same time.

yeah. I'd like a Sleeping Dogs Complete pack like darksiders 2 ;) . Im sure TOny will do it near Future. :lol:

We All Know what he is capable of :lol: :lol: MIGHTY TONY

#3638 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Anybody know if NBA 2K13 is good on PC ?

#3639 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

yeah. I'd like a Sleeping Dogs Complete pack like darksiders 2 ;) . Im sure TOny will do it near Future. :lol:

We All Know what he is capable of :lol: :lol: MIGHTY TONY

I hear Tony's secret identity is really Bat Iron-Man, he wears that as a disguise so his enemies cant stop his deal giving ways!
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#3640 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Anybody know if NBA 2K13 is good on PC ?

It's really striped down from the console version. But fits the need for a good basketball as always

The Fable pack is waiting on DLC Keys. (And I'm assuming the MS people responsible for that don't work weekends.)

I saw, but will we be able to use our EC credit by the time it's up?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3641 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

IM clueless, how do i get one of these coupons?
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#3642 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

You can't.

#3643 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Its already too late to get one. You had to buy games near the end of last year to get them.

That being said, $10 for that MS bundle is a great deal regardless.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#3644 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

OK thanks guys! :D

Picked up Fable lost chapters for my steam collection. Debating on Age of empires, wish someone would trade a steam gift Sims 3 for something cool. :P
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#3645 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

If you bought any Amazon PC Digital Downloads in November 2012-December 2012, you got these coupons tied to your account.

To figure out how many you have (if you have any), check your e-mails (the e-mail you tied to your Amazon account).
See how many of those coupons you got during those months.

#3646 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Welp I'm out of coupons but I did get an amusing checkout

PC Download: $9.99 Promotion Applied: -$0.01
1 cent coupon???

#3647 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

1 cent coupon???

Did you but anything for 4.99 with a coupon?

#3648 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

1 cent coupon???

It means you were one of the lucky ones to use your coup on either the 4.99 Hotline Miami or Bio Pack price mistakes.

I had the same thing happen. Really torn on what to apply my last 1 cent on :) really would love another coupon right about now though!

#3649 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

It means you were one of the lucky ones to use your coup on either the 4.99 Hotline Miami or Bio Pack price mistakes.

I had the same thing happen. Really torn on what to apply my last 1 cent on :) really would love another coupon right about now though!

That's how they get you. They leave you with 1 cent, and then you buy something you wouldn't normally buy because you have 1 cent credit.

#3650 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I had 2c credit showing up when I bought AoE III after buying two of the indie bundles.

Selling a Steam gift/tradeable copy of: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98)

#3651 r333k0

r333k0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

That's how they get you. They leave you with 1 cent, and then you buy something you wouldn't normally buy because you have 1 cent credit.

Wow, and here I was, thinking that they made hotline miami free by accident... ;)
The most ingenious loss leader in history!

#3652 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Great deal on the Microsoft 5 pack!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#3653 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

1 cent coupon???

I had a $5 credit from The Cave pre-order, and because the Coupon takes precedence over the credit (as in, it gets used -first-) and the bundles are 9.99 instead of 10.00...yeah.

I laughed when I bought Fable for .02 cheaper than normal! lol

#3654 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

just a heads up guys- sleeping dogs 9.99 for pc download at the moment if anyone is interested in that. Don't think the coupon applies though

This is such a fun game. I'm 21 hours in so far and loving it. The focus on hand-to-hand combat is great (it's a little Arkham Asylum with some light grappling later and that's not a bad thing), the story is engaging, and the characters are really cool. I particularly like how the developer handled the different cultural touches and showed a real love for Hong Kong. It could have easily been a totally dingy, foreignly alien representation of the island and people, but instead they understood what a magnificent city it really is. I love, love, love the acting in the game.

Many of my friends and family have been there, so this makes me want to go there like right now. :)

If you do buy the game, go in knowing that the DLC is mostly outfits and vehicles, among other things. The clothing items and outfits actually do make a difference since they enhance your abilities in many different ways, but they are not necessary beyond what you can already buy with in-game currency. Buy them once you've gotten further in the game if you wish.

The Top Dog Silver and Gold packs are ones I'd wait on buying later, if at all. I kind of regret buying these since they effectively give you nearly all the Triad, Cop, and Face bonuses. It's fun to unlock them on your own, especially since that's part of the storyline; you're doing missions for Triad and Cop, as well as stuff for Face.

Finally, pick up the High Res pack (it's free). The game looks really beautiful, especially when it rains at night and you're in some of the more neon portions of the city.

Again, wonderful game, so don't be afraid to purchase the "vanilla" version of the game. What's already in the game is what's perfectly necessary. Everything else is icing on the cake.

#3655 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

That reminds me of a thought from a few months back, Sleeping Dogs really need a Kowloon Walled City DLC. More Info.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3656 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hey Tony, how's the key situation for the Microsoft Arcade/Indie pack? Any chance that you might run out of any keys?

I know a few CAGs were concerned about that possibility.

#3657 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

I picked up the Fable pack Lost Chapter sand the Microsoft pack earlier today. What do people think about the Age of Empires III Complete Pack? I don't play a lot of strategy games but this one looks interesting.

Edited by NeoGutsman, 28 January 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#3658 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

First, Tony is great.

Second, sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't seen it: will DLC be price-matched? I'd like to grab some of the Sleeping Dogs DLC but would rather give Amazon my money.

Thanks!

#3659 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I picked up the Fable pack and the Microsoft pack earlier today. What do people think about the Age of Empires III Complete Pack? I don't play a lot of strategy games but this one looks interesting.

Care to explain how you got the Fable Pack? :P

AoE III is, very easily, the worst of the series. It isn't as big a letdown as Empire Earth III though. It's a decent RTS if you don't mind the wrong accents and some liberties taken with historical accuracy, which was a disappointment to me after loving the history lessons of the older games. For $5 I think it's well worth it if you haven't played it, or don't already own it. If you're a fan RTS games, and don't mind a middle of the line experience, then you'll get a lot of hours out of your investment. It doesn't do anything terribly, but doesn't do anything exceptionally either.

#3660 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

You can probably get Sleeping Dogs for under $10 in the Steam trading thread, since there was a price glitch and Steam sold it for $4 or so.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png