Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#3691 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

THQ Megapack was renamed HOLIDAY 2012 Complete Pack Hmmmmmmmmm......
Posted Image

#3692 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

You mean that Tony has some sort of life and doesn't just live on this thread responding to every numbnut trying to get a price-match?

For realsies, though: I wasn't specifically asking Tony for the price-match, more wondering if matching daily deals on DLC was something that Amazon does. They matched the 50% off but haven't matched the 75%. Same sort of thing seemed to happen during the winter sale. I didn't know if people knew whether or not they would match, so I figured I'd ask first before requesting a bunch of PMs through the web interface.

That said, I went to do exactly as you said earlier, but quicky-clicky me accidentally clicked
"Submit" before changing the birth date when you try to go to the Sleeping Dogs web page, and now steam thinks I'm less than a month old so it won't show me the Sleeping Dogs content (even though I've purchased the game already). So because of this, I couldn't get the URLs for the DLC pages. But I just remembered that I can grab the URLs straight from Steam, so I'll go do that now.

Gracias!

I'm not sure if this is completely applicable, but I don't think that Amazon price-matches DLC (or any PCDD item) that is less than $0.99.

Workin on it

#3693 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Is that all that was changed? The pack isn't even available anymore is it?

Lots of people still prefer to have physical disk if possible (i know i do), maybe the current deal for the dvd version new is a good one to hard to pass up? :P. Or people just love GFWL ?;)

I prefer having discs. But with steamworks and GFWL, it's starting to become basically pointless on PC :(

But it's understandable because of how easy and rampant piracy is on PC...not that it stops pirates at all.

#3694 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Is that all that was changed? The pack isn't even available anymore is it?

I prefer having discs. But with steamworks and GFWL, it's starting to become basically pointless on PC :(

But it's understandable because of how easy and rampant piracy is on PC...not that it stops pirates at all.

A pirate will pirate even games at $1 with or without 7 DRM layers. With today game prices thanks to the digital market, I think piracy is decreasing. Or at least I hope to...

#3695 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

finally back on internet, get my Microsoft Arcade Bundle (good thing keys still available :D, thanks tony).

i see that fable bundle still not up. can someone enlighten me news about the bundle? i don't want to skim 30+ pages of posts =_="

#3696 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

got the microsoft bundle for $5. i am thinking fable the lost chapters for $2.50 isnt that hot, but not a terrible price. the fable bundle (2,3 and the lost chapters) for $5 would have been very hot. but i have part 2 on the 360 already.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#3697 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

got the microsoft bundle for $5. i am thinking fable the lost chapters for $2.50 isnt that hot, but not a terrible price. the fable bundle (2,3 and the lost chapters) for $5 would have been very hot. but i have part 2 on the 360 already.

Fable II was never ported to the PC. It's just TLC, III and the DLCs for III.

#3698 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

It's like EA making some of their games exclusive to Origin. If you have your own method of distributing that's effective, why would you invite more hands into the cookie jar.

EA won't do that unless they fix their Digital River payment service crap. For 2 years now I've had a problem with my account buying anything from them and not only me but many other users and we are all getting "payment Authorisation Failed" error (google it).
The only time my orders went through was with 4 pre-orders and Origin took $1 for each then nothing!. They didn't charge me and I contacted them many times asking them what is the issue and they still say, it is my bank. Then I asked them to remove the games that I pre-ordered and all they did was to "hide" them from library and they are still there in "hidden games" section and totally accessible! lol

I'm betting that both Sleeping Dogs and Hitman:Absolution will follow the Deux Ex: Human Revolution pricing curve - ie, Complete Packs with all DLC at $7.50 or less by Christmas next year. My backlog thanks Squeenix for its predictability in pricing. :bouncy:

I was sure of that since release because all these games are part of AMD promos ;):D

29 EC coupons, 26 used and 3 remaining. That is how good Amazon holiday sale went :applause:

fs_pc.png

#3699 deletion

deletion

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

If you bought something in Amazon's PCDD store between Nov 16th 2012 & December 31st 2012, you were given a voucher good for $5 off a purchase of a game on the Editor's Choice list in January.

anything?? man, i must have a ton of these vouchers then. i know i bought a lot in december.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#3700 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

EA won't do that unless they fix their Digital River payment service crap. For 2 years now I've had a problem with my account buying anything from them and not only me but many other users and we are all getting "payment Authorisation Failed" error (google it).
The only time my orders went through was with 4 pre-orders and Origin took $1 for each then nothing!. They didn't charge me and I contacted them many times asking them what is the issue and they still say, it is my bank. Then I asked them to remove the games that I pre-ordered and all they did was to "hide" them from library and they are still there in "hidden games" section and totally accessible! lol

I was sure of that since release because all these games are part of AMD promos ;):D

29 EC coupons, 26 used and 3 remaining. That is how good Amazon holiday sale went :applause:

:O what did you use them on?

I hope the renaming of the THQ Mega Pack is a good sign

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3701 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Not renamed. The THQ Mega Pack (which was the DotW) and the HOLIDAY 2012 Complete Pack are and were separate items. During the DotW promotion the THQ Mega Pack was affected by the EC credit while the HOLIDAY Complete Pack was not (I checked out of curiosity).

#3702 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

:O what did you use them on?

Multiple copies of EC games for myself, for friends, helping some CAGs and for future trading :D

fs_pc.png

#3703 hip hip array

hip hip array

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Long time lurker, just wanted to say thanks for the crazy deals tony!

#3704 Soul0Reaper

Soul0Reaper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Fable II was never ported to the PC. It's just TLC, III and the DLCs for III.

what was the situation for why the bundle is not out yet?

#3705 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Waiting for keys from MS.

#3706 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

M$ is waiting on keys for the DLC and amazon is waiting on M$
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#3707 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

M$ is waiting on keys for the DLC and amazon is waiting on M$

QFT

And for reference...

#3708 buun8200

buun8200

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi Tony,

Any chance of other EA games/bundles becoming deals after the Origin sale is done tonight ? I'm specially looking for a good price for NFS Ultimate bundle.

Thanks for the great MS Arcade bundle anyway :)

#3709 rahulkadukar

rahulkadukar

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Is the coupon working on Sleeping Dogs, if yes then get it for $5 :D

#3710 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was a pleasant surprise. I'd misjudged the type of game it was and never would have bought it. I like it when a bundle introduces me to a game I like that I wouldn't otherwise have bought.

#3711 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I love the ms indie pack but where is the coupon?

#3712 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

That reminds me of a thought from a few months back, Sleeping Dogs really need a Kowloon Walled City DLC. More Info.

My wife used to go to school just near there

#3713 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Tony,

As others have said, thank you for the MS bundle. But can we start talking about our next fix?

Any updates on the strat first bundle? what might be included and the price point? I think last time you had indicated this was going to be the test before the other 2 letter bundle that shall not be named.

Also, any plans for a meridian4 bundle down the road? I've noticed you guys are adding many of their titles to the service.

thanks again

#3714 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Two questions.

Is the coupon working on Sleeping Dogs, bringing it to $5?

Also if it is I definitely will need an awesome CAG to pick up the Fable pack for me once it is live because this will be my last coupon on Sleeping Dogs!

EDIT

Nevermind, looks like the coupon doesn't apply. Poop, $5 is my price point for Sleeping Dogs and I was excited to perhaps already get it that cheap!

#3715 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

If you have a coupon, trying buying SD, you'll see if the credit applied before you confirm the order.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3716 MrsKryten

MrsKryten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I've done very well with Amazon this winter on the PCDD front:

Scribblenauts Unlimited
LEGO Lord of the Rings
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (can you sense a trend here? :) )
Hotline Miami
You Don't Know Jack
Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack

I'll probably get The Secret World when it goes on sale on 1/31.

Looking ahead, are there any plans for Guild Wars 2 going on sale over the next month or two? I wasn't looking for a new MMO to play over Christmas when it was on sale (*kicks self*) but after leveling my third level 50 toon on TOR, I'm done with it. I'm hoping to give GW2 and TSW a try, especially GW2. The cheapest I've seen it as of late is for $48 on GMG by using the 20% coupon. I'm hoping I can grab it for a little less than that in the upcoming months though.

edit: forgot to include YDKJ

Edited by MrsKryten, 29 January 2013 - 04:04 AM.

"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams"

#3717 mmmory

mmmory

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm just wondering why Amazon insists not to price match Sleeping Dogs DLCs. I've seen plenty of dlcs price matched with steam before. I forgot how many times I did a request on the product page.

#3718 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Tony has said many times, that they won't bother price matching DLC priced under $0.50 $1.00.

I imagine what it costs Amazon do to do the pricematch compared to their sales records from prior cheap DLC price matches doesn't add up to reasonable profit. Have you noticed how many of Tony's best deals are bundles?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3719 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm just wondering why Amazon insists not to price match Sleeping Dogs DLCs. I've seen plenty of dlcs price matched with steam before. I forgot how many times I did a request on the product page.

Tony has said many times, that they won't bother price matching DLC priced under $0.50 $1.00.

I imagine what it costs Amazon do to do the pricematch compared to their sales records from prior cheap DLC price matches doesn't add up to reasonable profit. Have you noticed how many of Tony's best deals are bundles?

Yup

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3720 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Holding out on Fable the Lost Chapters to see if the bundle materializes.