Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#361 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I have been hoping for the same thing to happen to Final Fantasy XI.

That too. I bought the Abyssea Edition when it was on sale for $5, but I'm almost paranoid to start my 30 day trial since I know I don't commit to games all at once.

I've heard of people playing free through grinding out the demo or something. I'm not an Eve player so I never understood it.

Yeah, I've heard that too, but I've also heard it takes MAJOR time to keep playing for free, and you have to know what you're doing. I don't really feel like playing that game as a full time job just so I don't have to pay a subscription fee, myself.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#362 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I just wish Eve went F2P. However many years running and it hasn't happened though, so it probably never will.

You can pay with in-game currency, buying PLEX from other players.

#363 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Lastly, I just got an email that made me super excited. We just got all the information we need to start selling Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

Less exciting for this particular community because I'm not sure when we'll promote it, but I am totally jazzed to jump back into it.

Cheers,
Tony

Best.

#364 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

You can pay with in-game currency, buying PLEX from other players.

So I heard, but it takes a lot of in-game currency to buy PLEX, which translates into a lot of grinding for cash. Correct?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#365 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Ahh, shoot. I was hoping to install it on 51 computers!

Nice work! They really should have sold BGEE in more places than Beamdog to begin with. It might have gotten a bit more attention.

Good for tablet users. However for the majority ..pass. at $20 (Beamdog) for PC users?. Price is too high Ripoff.

Edited by smurfinaus, 12 January 2013 - 01:41 AM.
change

#366 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I dont know if someone already asked and got an answer, does Amazon price match Origin?. Just wondering as Crysis is $1 for us Aussies today **shock a deal OMG**.. :P

#367 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I dont know if someone already asked and got an answer, does Amazon price match Origin?. Just wondering as Crysis is $1 for us Aussies today **shock a deal OMG**.. :P

Nope, Amazon doesn't match publisher prices. Origin = EA, Crysis = EA, so that's a no.

bZ2g3eF.png

#368 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

About Eve.

I played it for almost 4 years. I only payed for about the first year and then was able to play from there on by making enough in game money to buy game time that is sold. I had 5 accounts total by the end and wasn't paying a penny to actually play the game. It takes awhile and more importantly lots of homework/knowledge/time to start up a way to make a steady income for yourself in that game to the order I was. 3 of those 5 accounts were just for making in game money, be it trading or manufacturing. I was also in a good secure corp that was based in 0.0 space with my own personal station for manufacturing/researching and was in a very safe area (deep in our space and only 2 allies bordered us far away).

It takes a lot of logistics for large scale, small scale was easy enough when I started out, I was making enough for my 2 accounts plus had fun money. Then it just began to grow into an operation. The big things are, one you need to find your niche on how you are going to make money, put the time and homework into it (this is the longest and hardest part), and doing it. Every penny you make you reinvest and keep doing so, you don't make money till you have it in most cases.

I started off buying stuff from the main buying hub (Jita) and hauled it out to busy hi sec outposts far away and marking it up. Takes a lot of work to figure out what is worth selling (some margins were much better than others, other stuff sells to slow, some items the competition is too stiff if you don't want to spend tons of time adjusting prices). Buying in small amounts and hauling it down there while making sure not to carry too much in value otherwise someone wont suicide gank you in hopes of the payout being better than what they lose.

#369 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Sure, they will match the Origin USA price. They don't match international deals afaik.

#370 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

So I heard, but it takes a lot of in-game currency to buy PLEX, which translates into a lot of grinding for cash. Correct?

Yeap.

#371 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Good for tablet users. However for the majority ..pass. at $20 (Beamdog) for PC users?. Price is too high Ripoff.

Yeah well it would be nice if they would hurry up and get the Android version out. I mean know there is GemRB and all but still having Baldur's Gate official on my Touchpad (and maybe Note II if I can get it to work) without having to jump through a bunch of hoops would be nice.

I wonder if they are going to put it on the Amazon Android App store as well as Google Play.

steam_sig.png

#372 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

About Eve.

I played it for almost 4 years. I only payed for about the first year and then was able to play from there on by making enough in game money to buy game time that is sold. I had 5 accounts total by the end and wasn't paying a penny to actually play the game. It takes awhile and more importantly lots of homework/knowledge/time to start up a way to make a steady income for yourself in that game to the order I was. 3 of those 5 accounts were just for making in game money, be it trading or manufacturing. I was also in a good secure corp that was based in 0.0 space with my own personal station for manufacturing/researching and was in a very safe area (deep in our space and only 2 allies bordered us far away).

It takes a lot of logistics for large scale, small scale was easy enough when I started out, I was making enough for my 2 accounts plus had fun money. Then it just began to grow into an operation. The big things are, one you need to find your niche on how you are going to make money, put the time and homework into it (this is the longest and hardest part), and doing it. Every penny you make you reinvest and keep doing so, you don't make money till you have it in most cases.

I started off buying stuff from the main buying hub (Jita) and hauled it out to busy hi sec outposts far away and marking it up. Takes a lot of work to figure out what is worth selling (some margins were much better than others, other stuff sells to slow, some items the competition is too stiff if you don't want to spend tons of time adjusting prices). Buying in small amounts and hauling it down there while making sure not to carry too much in value otherwise someone wont suicide gank you in hopes of the payout being better than what they lose.

Thanks for the information.

In the end, it sounds fun and interesting, but I just couldn't commit enough time to keep that up.

bZ2g3eF.png

#373 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Nope, Amazon doesn't match publisher prices. Origin = EA, Crysis = EA, so that's a no.

Maybe one day Origin will actually have a decent deal on a non-EA game and we can see if Amazon will do a price match then.

I am not holding my breath for that to happen though.

steam_sig.png

#374 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Maybe one day Origin will actually have a decent deal on a non-EA game and we can see if Amazon will do a price match then.

I am not holding my breath for that to happen though.

Yeah, I've wondered if they would do that. Haven't seen it yet...

Of course, I'm still disappointed that Amazon didn't match the "Everything's Free!" event.

bZ2g3eF.png

#375 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

does the SR3 Full Package miss any DLC?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#376 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the information.

In the end, it sounds fun and interesting, but I just couldn't commit enough time to keep that up.

Yeah, after you get it all set up, it becomes nearly automated with a little bit of your time directed towards it. It just takes awhile to get to that point. It is a lot of fun though if you are into that stuff, carving out your own niche and growing to become one of the more wealthy people in the game is very very satisfying.

#377 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Origin had a great deal on Batman Arkham City like two weeks after release. I think that's been their only notable non-EA deal.

#378 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, I've wondered if they would do that. Haven't seen it yet...

Of course, I'm still disappointed that Amazon didn't match the "Everything's Free!" event.

I need to make a sig of Dolan coming out of Amazon with a whole mess of copies of Hotline Miami in his arms saying 'Great sale. Hotline Miami copies were free!'

steam_sig.png

#379 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

was about to jump on SR3 Full.. until I realised it was once $2.50 AC. :/
Tony, I really hope Amazon makes it easier for customers to track the history of their promotional credits... with all these coupons and stuff, it's getting confusing :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#380 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I was trying to make sense of the hilariously tangled web that is the Dawn of War series and I couldn't help but noticing; the Retribution: Tau Commander + All Campaign Wargear+ TLS Wargear pack includes everything in the Retribution: Last Stand Alone DLC Complete Pack, making it a bit redundant. Which, I get it, this stuff happens. Just pointing it out. Still can't wait to get in on this deal though.

Also, a future deal on Dawn of War 1 + all 3 expansions, on Steam, would be much appreciated. ;)

#381 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

I need to make a sig of Dolan coming out of Amazon with a whole mess of copies of Hotline Miami in his arms saying 'Great sale. Hotline Miami copies were free!'

Posted Image

bZ2g3eF.png

#382 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

:applause::applause::applause:

steam_sig.png

#383 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

About Eve.

Thanks for that info mate. I signed up a while back and kept it going for a few months after the free time was up. Just found it took too much time investment for me to keep playing, but i really liked the game a lot , lots to learn and do (and this is coming from someone who tends to buy games, stash them to huge backlog - heaps games ive never touched ).

#384 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Thanks for that. Wasnt quite sure in this instance :)

#385 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

first DoW pack, now MP3+season pass for $14.99?

my wallet is bleeding....

#386 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

was about to jump on SR3 Full.. until I realised it was once $2.50 AC. :/
Tony, I really hope Amazon makes it easier for customers to track the history of their promotional credits... with all these coupons and stuff, it's getting confusing :/

If I remember correctly that was with the THQ coupon, and it was for only 1 day. Also, keep in mind that it's THQ. They are selling off assets, and on Jan 22 Saints Row could belong to someone else.

#387 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

@TONY
That info belongs somewhere in this Post of yours w/ informational stuff.

#388 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

any news on the BF3 shortcut pack? sorry wasnt paying attention

#389 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Any word when Max Payne 3 goes live?

#390 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Any word when Max Payne 3 goes live?

Yes, Tony. When will it go live? Hopefully soon?