Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4051 faith81

faith81

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Is the Paradox 2012 Pack up yet?

Not yet

#4052 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi Tony, first of all : Thank you for you hard work.
I checked the Paradox deals, nothing seems of my taste exept the King Arthur Stuff, can you ask the developer/publisher to make a pack with only that saga? Instant buy for me!

For 2.50 I say grab it now, there are two dlcs missing that you can buy later (it was on sale last week on gg for example)

#4053 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Just an heads up on the Paradox War Chest, King Arthur 1 doesn't contain the standalone DLC

I believe the two expansions, Saxons and Druids, are simply built-in to this release, and not listed under the DLC section.

Knights and Vassals and Legendary Artifacts are, supposedly, located in the SteamApps folder under the game's install folder (no clue why). I had to remove it for now to get some space back, so can't verify that at the moment.

#4054 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I believe the two expansions, Saxons and Druids, are simply built-in to this release, and not listed under the DLC section.

Knights and Vassals and Legendary Artifacts are, supposedly, located in the SteamApps folder under the game's install folder (no clue why). I had to remove it for now to get some space back, so can't verify that at the moment.

http://store.steampo....com/app/24460/ is missing.
Not a big deal.

#4055 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Amazon King Arthur 1 should have Saxons, Druids, and the item DLC. Pretty sure what Stonekeep was talking about was Fallen Champions.
http://store.steampo....com/app/24460/

#4056 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

For 2.50 I say grab it now, there are two dlcs missing that you can buy later (it was on sale last week on gg for example)

2.50? where? I saw the individual games at 9.99 & 19.99, there is this pack at 7,50 :

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

but im not intrested in any of the other games in the pack, would love a complete pack of only KA.

#4057 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Amazon King Arthur 1 should have Saxons, Druids, and the item DLC. Pretty sure what Stonekeep was talking about was Fallen Champions.
http://store.steampo....com/app/24460/

Exactly
It was $1.24 (without coupons) on GG the other day.

2.50? where? I saw the individual games at 9.99 & 19.99, there is this pack at 7,50 :

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

but im not intrested in any of the other games in the pack, would love a complete pack of only KA.

Find someone with the ec coupon.

#4058 CthulhuSaves

CthulhuSaves

Slack Shatnerologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, I see that now. Fallen Champions for KA1 and Dead Legions for KA2. Before now I had no idea those even existed. When I bought the KA bundles a few months ago, I was foolish enough to believe the implied "complete" angle, so never went hunting for extras. Live and learn. :)

#4059 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, I see that now. Fallen Champions for KA1 and Dead Legions for KA2. Before now I had no idea those even existed. When I bought the KA bundles a few months ago, I was foolish enough to believe the implied "complete" angle, so never went hunting for extras. Live and learn. :)

They're quite cheap (when on sale) though.

#4060 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Fallen Champions is a standalone expansion; it doesn't require the King Arthur base game.

PS: It's also pretty terrible compared to the main game, which is pretty darn decent.

#4061 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Holy cow those deals are insane!

#4062 Mordant

Mordant

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Were all coupons granted for earlier purchased Prototype Packs? Cause I'm quite sure I'm missing a coupon, or two.

2012 orders:
Sonic Generations DLC (for free, prior to EC coupon promo)
Prototype Pack x2
Tantalizing THQ Medley x2
Serious Sam 3 DLC
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
GTA IV + LA Noire + GTA SA Pack
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack
Viking Battle for Asgard
Nexuiz x4
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Darksiders Franchise Pack (with THQ coupon promo)

Total: 16 orders, out of which 14 or 15 (not sure if that THQ promo should give 5$ EC credit) should be eligible for coupon.

2013 orders: 13.
And I'm out of coupons now.

#4063 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Were all coupons granted for earlier purchased Prototype Packs? Cause I'm quite sure I'm missing a coupon, or two.

2012 orders:
Prototype Pack x2
Serious Sam 3 DLC
Viking Battle for Asgard
Nexuiz x4
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Total: 16 orders, out of which 14 or 15 (not sure if that THQ promo should give 5$ EC credit) should be eligible for coupon.

When did you make all those purchases? The coupon is eligible for whatever you bought between mid-november and the end of december.

#4064 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

2012 orders:
Prototype Pack x2
Serious Sam 3 DLC
Viking Battle for Asgard
Nexuiz x4
Scribblenauts Unlimited

I counted your purchases, and 13 were eligible.. so that seems about right. The prototype packs aren't backfilled unless you contact Tony and give him your order ID, and even then only one will be counted (multiples wouldn't matter for the backfilled Prototype packs). The Sonic Generations DLC doesn't look like it would count either.

#4065 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

@Tony

THANK YOU TONY

(just wanna make sure you know.. I need to mix and match a couple of these sets to get the games I want so you got me... but thank you for the awesome deals!)

https://encrypted-tb...QKYbIps9T2vI10Q

#4066 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Ahaha, thanks Tony.
Posted Image

Don't know if it's been mention yet, but some of you guys who have/had EC coupons may also have been credited with the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack for free (if you bought any game during a certain period in Nov, maybe Dec too)

It includes:

• 5 Random Card Packs
  • 10 Castle Designer Cards, 5 Master Castle Designer Cards, 5 Wall Construction Team Cards
  • 4 Stone Haul Cards, 1 Expert Mason Card
  • 100 Card Points, 1 x 7 Day Premium Token
  • Limit one per customer
Might as well get it if you're getting Stronghold Kingdoms anyway.

#4067 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Don't know if it's been mention yet, but some of you guys who have/had EC coupons may also have been credited with the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack for free (if you bought any game during a certain period in Nov, maybe Dec too)

It includes:

• 5 Random Card Packs
  • 10 Castle Designer Cards, 5 Master Castle Designer Cards, 5 Wall Construction Team Cards
  • 4 Stone Haul Cards, 1 Expert Mason Card
  • 100 Card Points, 1 x 7 Day Premium Token
  • Limit one per customer
Might as well get it if you're getting Stronghold Kingdoms anyway.

Probably november only, because it doesn't work for me
Posted Image

#4068 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I honestly hope that Crysis 3 gets fixed before release. Weapons aren't balanced and the camera feels awkward to me. That $20 credit is so tempting.

#4069 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

There's a demo? I would like to try it.

#4070 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

The prototype packs aren't backfilled unless you contact Tony and give him your order ID

Wait what? i didn't knew this, i thought the Protype packs were backfilled automatically without contacting Tony.

Tretton.png

#4071 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

There's a demo? I would like to try it.

Hes most likely talking about the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta on origin that started its open beta yesterday

#4072 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hes most likely talking about the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta on origin that started its open beta yesterday

Yep. Here's the link http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/beta

Edit: I know that it's a beta, so it won't be perfect but it is ~3 weeks away from release, I feel that it won't be GOTY.
Edit2: The hi-performance spec is really above what you need. I have a FX-8320+GTX 650 and it runs comfortably at 1080p, all settings at high.

#4073 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Can someone explain the Paradox games to me? Are they all top-down strategy games like Civilization?

76561198039756693.png

#4074 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Wait what? i didn't knew this, i thought the Protype packs were backfilled automatically without contacting Tony.

Yeah that's how it was originally supposed to work, but I don't think it ended up that way. If you didn't get a promo credit email for your order, you probably didn't get credit for it.

#4075 Mordant

Mordant

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

The prototype packs aren't backfilled unless you contact Tony and give him your order ID, and even then only one will be counted (multiples wouldn't matter for the backfilled Prototype packs).

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll PM Tony then. Maybe I'll get it before promo runs out. If not... Oh well, I got so many games already, that I probably wont be done with them before next year's EC promo.

God damn Amazon and indie bundles :roll:.

#4076 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

So no surprise EC deals for the final days?

#4077 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Glad I'm out of coupons. My wallet can't survive another wave.

My curiosity on CK2 is high. I need to look at some videos to see how's the game, because everybody is praising it.

#4078 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Can someone explain the Paradox games to me? Are they all top-down strategy games like Civilization?

Well, not all of them are the same. Which ones are you asking about? Like Crusader Kings and most of their Strat games are considered Grand Strategy games. You don't control troops or do battles like most RTS. You basically make choices and decisions on a broader scale. You should watch some gameplay vids since that would explain it best.

Srsly?

#4079 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

If you dont think the Paradox Pack 2012 9.99 is a surprise EC deal, I dont know that to tell you. Best deal ever.

#4080 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Ok I cant seem to find the link to the Paradox 2012 pack......Damn fast moving threads
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.