Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4081 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ok I cant seem to find the link to the Paradox 2012 pack......Damn fast moving threads

The pack hasn't been created yet, all we have now is a listing of what will be in it. Tony said it'll go up sometime today (probably in the afternoon?)

#4082 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Can someone explain the Paradox games to me? Are they all top-down strategy games like Civilization?

Warlock is the closest thing to Civ 5 in the 2012 bundle. Civ in a fantasy world if you will. Crusader Kings II is a Grand Strategy game as someone mentioned earlier. It's a historical (well, mostly, some of the DLCs take liberties) "simulation" where you control a nation and its ruling family and try to conquer the world. War of the Roses is a 3rd person multiplayer (only) hack and slasher, similar to Chivalry. Those are the three important games in the bundle.

#4083 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Any info on Fable 1+3+Dlc Pack coming today or tomorrow?

#4084 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Paradox Seas Bundle is also back. Looks like Tony forgot that one on his list.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB0RX3Q

I would have bought this over the war chest. *sigh* Guess I'll have duplicate Victoria IIs...

Btw, is pirates of the black cove anything like Sid Meier's pirates?
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#4085 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Warlock is the closest thing to Civ 5 in the 2012 bundle. Civ in a fantasy world if you will. Crusader Kings II is a Grand Strategy game as someone mentioned earlier. It's a historical (well, mostly, some of the DLCs take liberties) "simulation" where you control a nation and its ruling family and try to conquer the world. War of the Roses is a 3rd person multiplayer (only) hack and slasher, similar to Chivalry. Those are the three important games in the bundle.

Thanks. None of that sounds too appealing considering my backlog, though

76561198039756693.png

#4086 Croq

Croq

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I haven't inputted HOI3 Collection to Steam, but it looks like the key is the typical Steam format of...
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Bummer, it says the code is invalid. ;)

#4087 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Can we keep all the code requesting and bundle splitting in the proper thread?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4088 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

It looks like I will get my Crusader Kings II for $5, with other games to boot. I'll need to find homes for Magicka and Sword Of The Stars, since I own those already.

If you don't want the other stuff, you can get the Crusader Kings pack, which includes everything CK related on Amazon (CK Complete + CK2 + CK2.DLCs). It's $5 as well.

#4089 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

1 coupon left out of 13
which I will use for 2012 paradox pack -even though I have original and pint sized bundle:booty:

OK Tony you did it
I'm out of coupons and kinda regret that I used 3 coupons for freebie HM:wall:
oh and the second MS bundle I bought for that moronic friend of mine 8-)

HAPPY NOW?:bouncy:

luckily i have fable + dlc already,seems like that moronic friend is good for something after allO:)

#4090 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I am unsure what you're referencing, can you give me more context?

Cheers,
Tony

We are about to launch a new pre-order campaign for an upcoming title and trying to decide on what incentive to go with. Here are the choices:

1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of <insert a number here> games from the publisher of X game.
2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.
3. Pre-order X Game and get a $10 Amazon Promotional Credit
4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Tony

http://www.cheapassg...postcount=17950

:)

fs_pc.png

#4091 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Can we keep all the code requesting and bundle splitting in the proper thread?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

Just a reminder to people that can't read anything except the last post of a thread.

#4092 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just an heads up on the Paradox War Chest, King Arthur 1 doesn't contain the standalone DLC and for some reason Steam won't load the header (since it's missing from the store as well)[/IMG]

because this collection no longer exists and it was sold before the standalone dlc
new collection includes sequel as well
btw thats the original icon http://imgur.com/nkVRmOA

#4093 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Okay, I think I've got this right on the Paradox packs (plentiful and petite)...

Majesty Franchise:
Warlock dlc, does not include Armageddon.
Defenders of Ardania, some DlC, and Battlemagic.

War Chest:
Save for Victoria 2, all are new and unique to this pack of the sale.

Crusader Kings:
A lot of DLC and CK1 complete. These two things (and I use that loosely, good god the dlc on this) make it cost the same as the plentiful pack which has CK2 vanilla. Don't know how much the dlc matters.

2012 pack:
CK1 complete
Starvoid
A Game of Dwarves
War of the Roses and some DLC
Warlock DLC mentioned in the Majesty pack but this one has Armageddon too.

Is this about right? It's a bit hard to keep track of what's been gotten already and what's worth getting if you have some packs. Especially if it has to do with dlc.

#4094 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well the coupons sucked this time around. I used one for the Microsoft Arcade bundle out of the many I have. The rest of the games were either too expensive or I bought them already when they were on sale for the same or less back in December like the 2K bundles, Syndicate, and Crysis Maximum. There simply weren't enough games in the $5 or less range with coupon this time.

#4095 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Don't forget the Ship pack too that was unannounced... cause that one works as well

#4096 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Probably november only, because it doesn't work for me
Posted Image

Worked for me :)

Posted Image

fs_pc.png

#4097 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Well the coupons sucked this time around. I used one for the Microsoft Arcade bundle out of the many I have. The rest of the games were either too expensive or I bought them already when they were on sale for the same or less back in December like the 2K bundles, Syndicate, and Crysis Maximum. There simply weren't enough games in the $5 or less range with coupon this time.

More helpful translation:
Could we get more games which are < $5?
Could we have less repeats from Dec.?

I think the deals this year were ok with a few being in the $2.50 range, but maybe less broad than last year and certainly less free games. I don't have any complaints though.

#4098 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Okay, I think I've got this right on the Paradox packs (plentiful and petite)...

Majesty Franchise:
Warlock dlc, does not include Armageddon.
Defenders of Ardania, some DlC, and Battlemagic.

War Chest:
Save for Victoria 2, all are new and unique to this pack of the sale.

Crusader Kings:
A lot of DLC and CK1 complete. These two things (and I use that loosely, good god the dlc on this) make it cost the same as the plentiful pack which has CK2 vanilla. Don't know how much the dlc matters.

2012 pack:
CK1 complete
Starvoid
A Game of Dwarves
War of the Roses and some DLC
Warlock DLC mentioned in the Majesty pack but this one has Armageddon too.

Is this about right? It's a bit hard to keep track of what's been gotten already and what's worth getting if you have some packs. Especially if it has to do with dlc.

You missed having CKII (and it's DLC) in the 2012 pack listing. Otherwise you have everything. From what I've read (just started playing it and excited for more) a lot of the DLC is cosmetic, but a few of them (Sword of Islam, Sunset Invasion, The Republic, and something else) add more actual content to the game. Without Sword of Islam, for instance, you can't play as the arabic nations. Those expansions are what I'm most excited about, especially the republic, because I have been doing a lot of studying about Italy lately and it seems like it'd be fun to play as a merchant empire.

#4099 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

King Arthur 2 came out in Jan 2012, why isn't it in the 2012 pack? That's all that's missing for me in the pack and I only have 1 coupon left... argh.

#4100 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Picked up the Microsoft pack, thanks Tony! You Frackin rock.

#4101 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I previously bought the Plentiful and Pintful Paradox Packs

what else must I get to ensure I get all the Paradox games?
The Paradox 2012 seems necessary for some of the DLC :/

anyone?! ^^

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#4102 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yea, but one person is all it takes to screw a good thing up. Look at that 50 for 100 coupon from Best Buy.

And believe me, I bend things for some of my CAG brethren. So a "once in a while" is different than what I've seen some do.

:-)

Don't know why my original post got deleted...

#4103 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, I noticed our little conversation got zapped. I guess it's a topic of questionable ethics, so best to not discuss.

#4104 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Don't know why my original post got deleted...

A bunch of posts got deleted that seemed perfectly fine. Maybe the mods are really cutting down on discussion here.

fs_overall.png

#4105 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

C'mon Amazon... where's my 2012 pack? I gotta go to work soon and by god I'mma buy it cause that bad boy will be sold out soon enough....

Yea, lets be fair, that convo probably shoulda been IM worthy anyways. No biggie. I'd rather not lose forum access over it.

#4106 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Ah, thanks for the correction and input on CK2 DLC there. Hm... Any ideas on the other ones? Warlock mostly.

#4107 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

C'mon Amazon... where's my 2012 pack? I gotta go to work soon and by god I'mma buy it cause that bad boy will be sold out soon enough....

Yea, lets be fair, that convo probably shoulda been IM worthy anyways. No biggie. I'd rather not lose forum access over it.

Okay, now I'm curious as to what the conversation was about

76561198039756693.png

#4108 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Okay, now I'm curious as to what the conversation was about

It was just about whether EC coupons should be able to be given to other people or not.

fs_overall.png

#4109 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I don't think that they're gonna sold out, the ms bundle is still there.

#4110 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'd like to point out the SE package. No one expected that to be gone and POOF...