Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4111 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Probably november only, because it doesn't work for me
Posted Image

Looks like I got the credit when I bought Zeno Clash on November 26. I don't remember the specifics as to why though.

#4112 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'd like to point out the SE package. No one expected that to be gone and POOF...

But this time there are tons of paradox bundle :D

#4113 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well the coupons sucked this time around. I used one for the Microsoft Arcade bundle out of the many I have. The rest of the games were either too expensive or I bought them already when they were on sale for the same or less back in December like the 2K bundles, Syndicate, and Crysis Maximum. There simply weren't enough games in the $5 or less range with coupon this time.

I already own this != the coupons suck. That said, I personally didn't use many of my credits, but there were good deals to be had. My purchases were the THQ Mega Pack (solely for MX vs ATV, parted out the rest), MS Arcade Pack, and whatever combination of Paradox packs I end up with. Dark Souls was the lowest it's ever been but still above my $10 price point for it, and I would've also picked up The Secret World and Fable bundle if I didn't already own them.

According to my budget I spent way more on Steam (about 4x as much) and other digital games (about 2x as much) than I did Amazon this month. A lot of that was indie games during the Steam sale that I couldn't get on Amazon, and purchases on GreenManGaming and GamersGate thanks to their 20% off offerings.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4114 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

http://indiegamebund...ki/Indie_Gala_3
http://indiegamebund...ki/Indie_Gala_4
http://indiegamebund...ki/Indie_Gala_5
http://indiegamebund...ki/Indie_Gala_8

Here are some examples of Strategy First supplying Steam keys for bundles. Their games are featured *prominently* here, like groups of their games.

Thanks dude, I just fired off an email with these links.

LOL as I was writing this I got a response back with "soon".

For the people that are already linked, do we still get it?

Our backfill tool doesn't work with the free to play games yet, you could create a new account and link to get SHHD.

Will these paradox packs finish sale at the same time the EC deals expire end of month?

Yes they are over at 11:59:59PM PST 1/31.

http://www.cheapassg...postcount=17950

:)

Got it, I'll have an announcement in February on that, likely late February.

We built something really cool...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4115 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Don't know if it's been mention yet, but some of you guys who have/had EC coupons may also have been credited with the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack for free (if you bought any game during a certain period in Nov, maybe Dec too)

Spoiler

:whee: Thanks for that reminder. I have that promo, dated 23 Nov (good to use till 28 Feb).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4116 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Tony, when will the final word on 2012 Paradox pack come on which games are Steam redeemable and which arent?

#4117 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Tony, when will the final word on 2012 Paradox pack come on which games are Steam redeemable and which arent?

This afternoon (PST) according to Tony, yesterday:

Hey guys,

Some of the bundles are now live, EC coupon should also be applying now. The CK and big bundle should go live tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Cheers,
Tony

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4118 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Also Tony, we've got one more day.
Should we expect an 11 hour surprise?

#4119 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Also Tony, we've got one more day.
Should we expect an 11 hour surprise?

Amazon doesn't carry The 11th Hour (the sequel to The 7th Guest).

Edit: My bad, they do carry The 11th Hour and The 7th Guest.

Edited by asheskitty, 30 January 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#4120 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Don't know if it's been mention yet, but some of you guys who have/had EC coupons may also have been credited with the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack for free (if you bought any game during a certain period in Nov, maybe Dec too)

It includes:

• 5 Random Card Packs
  • 10 Castle Designer Cards, 5 Master Castle Designer Cards, 5 Wall Construction Team Cards
  • 4 Stone Haul Cards, 1 Expert Mason Card
  • 100 Card Points, 1 x 7 Day Premium Token
  • Limit one per customer
Might as well get it if you're getting Stronghold Kingdoms anyway.

Just an FYI, it looks like you can get a free copy of Stronghold HD for purchasing the free Stronghold Kingdoms base game and the free (if you got the credit) Mighty Castle Pack so two free copies of Stronghold HD total.

#4121 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Btw, is pirates of the black cove anything like Sid Meier's pirates?

I only played a couple of hours, and I though it was slightly similar. You don't start off with a crappy sloop though, and you don't seem to be able to capture ships. Instead, you build them, and you build buildings in towns. The ship combat seems easier, and land battles is more real-time. You lead your troops to a destination, and kill defenders on the way.

Haven't messed with trading much either. And the are a ton of puns and collectibles, from what I can tell. I had it DRM-free from Amazon (apparently I paid $10 for it, yikes), and I bought it again from the Sea pack for Steam.

#4122 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

FYI if you PMed me regarding prototype backfills with an order number you should be backfilled today.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4123 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Except that they do:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008ELNDL0

They got this and 7th Guest in the last few months.

#4124 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

CheapLikeAFox,

Please return the glass-licking fox where it rightfully belongs -- in your signature.

Thanks!

#4125 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

FYI if you PMed me regarding prototype backfills with an order number you should be backfilled today.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! I received my backfill email pretty quickly last night =)

#4126 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm saving my last coupon with hope that Fable bundle will happen, while trying to resist not buying any of paradox packs. That's hard.

#4127 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Except that they do:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008ELNDL0

They got this and 7th Guest in the last few months.

/facepalm I thought they did, because I remember hearing chatter about it in thread a while back, wasn't showing up from Amazon's search box >.> (well in the first page at least). Fixed my earlier post.

#4128 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

/facepalm I thought they did, because I remember hearing chatter about it in thread a while back, wasn't showing up from Amazon's search box >.> (well in the first page at least).

It was in a DotEmu pack mid August for $9.99.

#4129 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

/facepalm I thought they did, because I remember hearing chatter about it in thread a while back, wasn't showing up from Amazon's search box >.> (well in the first page at least). Fixed my earlier post.

It was in a DotEmu pack mid August for $9.99.

Yeah, I remember because I was considering buying both, but the reviews mentioned some compatibility issues with Windows 7 so that scared me away.

#4130 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Stauf was hiding them from you .....MWAHAHAHAHA

#4131 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Are the warlock dlcs worth it? I don't care about def ardania so was thinking of picking up the pint size and save 2.50

Thanks

#4132 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ah, thanks for the correction and input on CK2 DLC there. Hm... Any ideas on the other ones? Warlock mostly.

Warlock is a lot of fun if you're into civ games, especially civ 5. It's very similar, with more focus on combat and less on building your country through culture, but its still fun regardless. Multiplayer is working (at least for me and my buddy). Good game if you want fantasy elements in your 4X.

#4133 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Are the warlock dlcs worth it? I don't care about def ardania so was thinking of picking up the pint size and save 2.50
Thanks

Return of the Elves adds a whole new race, so YES.
The other ones I'd say are more optional, depending on how much you like the game, and how many different starts you think you'll be doing.
Armageddon adds a whole new game mode, which I haven't tried yet.
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#4134 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

This afternoon (PST) according to Tony, yesterday:

I asked which games are Steam redeemable, not when the bundle goes live. Will that information be available prior to the bundle launch?

#4135 TrueSounds

TrueSounds

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

That paradox complete pack looks amazing, wish I saved 1 more coupon

#4136 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I asked which games are Steam redeemable, not when the bundle goes live. Will that information be available prior to the bundle launch?

Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves, Warlock, and War of the Roses are all Steamworks titles. Amazon only seems to sell the Steam version of Crusader Kings 2 (I may be wrong here, but I think everyone except for GamersGate sell the Steam version of CK2).

#4137 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Since it's been a good while since we last had the Crusader Kings II packs, I should point out...

There's a very popular A Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II.
AGOT-CKII mod forum. - Wiki

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4138 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ugh. Really torn on which pack to get. The Seas one looks pretty sweet, but the 2012 pack is amazing.

#4139 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves, Warlock, and War of the Roses are all Steamworks titles. Amazon only seems to sell the Steam version of Crusader Kings 2 (I may be wrong here, but I think everyone except for GamersGate sell the Steam version of CK2).

For Yankees, only GamersGate (and maybe the new Paradox store) sells the DRM-FREE version, everyone else sells the steam version. The upside of the steam version is there are plenty of sales on DLC (as opposed to depending on GG sales). The downside is that steam tends to force updates on you that can temporarily break the AGOT mod. CK2 works fine in Steam's offline mode.

#4140 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd really like to grab a couple of these Paradox bundles. If anyone has a spare coupon code and wouldn't mind helping me out, get at me.

Which one do you guys and gals think is best? I really want to get the huge one when it goes live, and the Pirate one looks really great.
Posted ImagePosted Image