Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4141 argyle

argyle

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Just burnt my last coupon. Only had 4, but I am very pleased with what I was able to grab with them:

Mass Effect 3 (should have sprung for the CE, but oh well)
Dark Souls
MS indie bundle
Burnout Paradise / NFS: HP bundle

Thanks Tony! :)
Posted Image

#4142 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

FYI if you PMed me regarding prototype backfills with an order number you should be backfilled today.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony, that was fast. Went to have lunch, came back, checked my email and there it was the Promo Credit :applause:

Tretton.png

#4143 hbk

hbk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I wish there's a way to bundle up all the DLCs for crusader kings or the individual DLC can be offered at the same discount rate a la carte.

A lot of people have the game or few DLCs already through previous different sales.

#4144 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I wish there's a way to bundle up all the DLCs for crusader kings or the individual DLC can be offered at the same discount rate a la carte.

A lot of people have the game or few DLCs already through previous different sales.

I have everything in the 2012 pack except for The Republic, the three Russian-themed DLCs, and War of the Roses + its DLCs. I still think $9.99 is a steal for that alone.

#4145 hbk

hbk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have everything in the 2012 pack except for The Republic, the three Russian-themed DLCs, and War of the Roses + its DLCs. I still think $9.99 is a steal for that alone.

Well then I feel like that's still some money or games wasted there and it's hard to trade or sell them like that :cry:

I'm not particularly interested in other games except for DLCs. That being said, I have Islam and Legacy of Rome DLC already.

#4146 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Same here. I'm in for The Republic, WotR and some missing cosmetic DLC's. It's a great deal even with dupes! I have friends who'll like the free barrage of expansion keys they'll be getting too.

#4147 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

definitely in for the 2012 pack when it goes up

Hand__Of__God.png

#4148 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

sorry checked.. afternoon pst..

Edited by smurfinaus, 30 January 2013 - 08:20 PM.
update

Posted Image

#4149 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Anyone know what time the Fable pack will go live?

#4150 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Let's get saints row 2 and GTA 4 on that EC list :)

#4151 lordkosc

lordkosc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Come on Amazon hamsters , get that Crusader Kings 2 bundle up. :whee:

#4152 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

thanks for the MS pack
Posted Image

#4153 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yay for sales on games!!!!

I have only one coupon left and I am in for that Paradox pack so I can fill out my CK2 DLC's and get some War of the Roses action going. It was a toss up for a bit, because I wanted Victoria II A House Divided as well, but a bit of poking in the trading thread solved that!

#4154 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Last year was easily better but this has had its gems too and is ending strong. Yes, the ea sale was terrible (especially in the face of last year) but the thq stuff was solid. Especially as this was the first time we had the dawn of War games bundled and they were put down at a great price. The Microsoft bundle is still great. The paradox stuff is fantastic. The walking dead was good of a price. If you wanted civ 5 you had a great offer (inferior on Gods and kings to gmg but better on goty and bundles).

Was there stuff missing? Yeah, freebies is the starter. One or two would be great, it gets people hooked into "This will be great", removes complaints, and helps people run out of codes, making them consider buying at the sale price too on a later deal. It also missed sales on games that came out in 2012 that would've fit by the theme (Alan Wake, dead island goty) but weren't offered, making the whole 2012 bit silly of a tagline . It was a flawed and inferior to last year sale. I agree that barring the last minute of last minute deals it has definitely been disappointing. But the stuff at the end is keeping it as a good and worthwhile sale overall; it's just not the borderline revolutionary one of yesteryear.

(mind you, if you did get free hotline Miami or the bioshocks you're better off, but still not the same).

#4155 xamon

xamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Tony for that backfill :)
Now waiting for the Fable pack to be up.

#4156 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Spoiler

This is a great summary. I do feel many of the sales were lackluster and the lack of free games (other than HM and Bioshock glitches) was unfortunate, but I know I hadn't seen many of these games for cheaper anywhere else. I bought several MS bundles for friends, and I was happy to pick up AoE III complete, Hotline Miami for free (although even 2.50 is a good deal) and a few other things here and there. I was highly tempted to pick up FC3 for $30 (Steam key was a nice surprise for me) but figured it would be cheaper by Summer Sale. Now I'm just debating whether I should bite on NBA 2k13...
Posted Image

#4157 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

EC sales end midnight 31/1 right?
Posted Image

#4158 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

EC sales end midnight 31/1 right?

Correct. Approximately 36 more hours to use those coupons.

#4159 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Paradox 2012 pack isn't up yet right?

#4160 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Nopi

#4161 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC)

i will get that if it has all dlc for ck2 and also fable pack if it happens.

in january, only bought max payne 3 and
hotline (free after glitch)

#4162 frozened

frozened

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Is the Stronghold HD free yet? It's still showing up as $5.99 for me.

#4163 tmwfte

tmwfte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is the Stronghold HD free yet? It's still showing up as $5.99 for me.

The $5.99 gets taken off during checkout.

#4164 frozened

frozened

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

The $5.99 gets taken off during checkout.

It doesn't get taken out for me. It's still charging me $5.99. Maybe I cannot get Stronghold HD because I got Stronghold Kingdom yesterday? Can someone help me?

#4165 tmwfte

tmwfte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

It doesn't get taken out for me. It's still charging me $5.99. Maybe I cannot get Stronghold HD because I got Stronghold Kingdom yesterday? Can someone help me?

Weird. Since Stronghold HD isn't actually tied to your Stronghold Kingdoms account, just try creating a new SK account and then try purchasing Stronghold HD.

#4166 Spoit

Spoit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hey guys,

Starting tomorrow you can get Stronghold HD (DRM free) for free when you link your Amazon account with Stronghold Kingdoms and download the game:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0083LD2TE/

Here's Stronghold HD:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009YKVRYA/

Cheers,
Tony

Forgive me if it's already been asked and answered, but my $5 credit from the cave seems to be applying first when I try to get stronghold HD with this offer (it says -$5 and then -$0.99). I don't really want to waste my general $5 credit on something like this, do you have any suggestions tony?

#4167 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I had to link my account and download again. I ran the downloader and then I got the credit for HD. FYI, I had already downloaded Kingdoms a few months back.

#4168 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Come on Amazon hamsters , get that Crusader Kings 2 bundle up. :whee:

Still waiting on the product page to have a buy box and need to hear back from Paradox on more keys too, we're going to push it live with our current key inventory but it will run out...quickly, without replenishment.

Last minute deals are so stressful :(.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4169 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Forgive me if it's already been asked and answered, but my $5 credit from the cave seems to be applying first when I try to get stronghold HD with this offer (it says -$5 and then -$0.99). I don't really want to waste my general $5 credit on something like this, do you have any suggestions tony?

You'll have to contact CS and have them prioritize the cave credit over the EC credit.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4170 frozened

frozened

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Okay. I had to re-purchase Stronghold Kingdom first.