Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4351 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Lastly,

If you just Pmed me about protoype or your CKII bundle I have backfilled the prototype credits and I called one of our CS managers to handle your CKII issue. You'll be refunded and can rebuy the pack when it goes up tonight.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! That was me being slow to PM you but I'll put that EC to good use.

#4352 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

So, what's the deal with this version of the Majesty pack? It appears that it includes a couple extra DLC packs for Majesty 2 that the other link for this pack does not. The EC coupon works on it, but the DRM is unclear. Do these redeem on Steam?

I saw this earlier as well. If you look closely, there isn't a Majesty 2 Complete which is in the other pack. I "think" they are the same, but not sure on DRM issues...

#4353 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks for the help Tony!!!!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#4354 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Just Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Took me 9 hours (on normal)... WOW, what a game! The story is fantastic. The music, the environment... awesome.

#4355 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

So, what's the deal with this version of the Majesty pack? It appears that it includes a couple extra DLC packs for Majesty 2 that the other link for this pack does not. The EC coupon works on it, but the DRM is unclear. Do these redeem on Steam?

This was the Majesty Franchise bundle that was sold previously. When I redeemed the Majesty 2 key on Steam I got the Majesty 2 Collection that includes Kingmaker, Monster Kingdoms and Battles of Ardania integrated into the package, they weren't separate downloads. So it looks like your link points to the DRM-free version of the bundle and not the Steam-key bundle.

Edit: Mark of the Ninja'd by Tony.

#4356 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

CK2 pack is showing back up for sale with all 23 DLCs items. Hope I get refunded soon so I can rebuy it! :O
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#4357 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

AH! CK2 bundle is back! Just used my last two coupons on that and the Fable bundle. I'll post my entire purchase list for the month when i wake up. Now that I've bought my games, I can finally go to sleep.

Thanks Tony!

#4358 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Holding out for the Paradox 2012 pack!

#4359 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

just bought fable bundle but wished dlc was included.
* just got ck pack, omg it's going to take awhile to enter all those keys.

#4360 CheapThingsAreGood

CheapThingsAreGood

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Didn't know that about the Nov 9th Prototype bundle issue. Just PM'd you, Tony.

#4361 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Well I just checked on steam to see what Warlock & Crusader Kings II DLC I'm missing.

Spoiler

All of that totals $55.84 if I were to buy at the regular MSRP. After a 75% discount (which is usually as high as it goes on steam) that amounts to $13.96. I can buy the whole 2012 pack for $9.99 and get some extra games with that missing DLC. True, I'd end up with a lot of duplicates with that pack. But if I just look at it as a cheaper way of picking up some missing DLC, it's the better way to go.

Granted, if I were picking up some of that DLC off of steam at 75% off, I'd likely skip all that $1.99 DLC because it looks pretty worthless. But even if I just stick to stuff with actual extra content, it's almost $10 after 75% off. So at worst, it's about the same price. Plus get a bunch of other games with it.

#4362 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Just Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Took me 9 hours (on normal)... WOW, what a game! The story is fantastic. The music, the environment... awesome.

yup

#4363 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

looks like we wont be getting fable 3 DLC for free. Ok no worries. I hope when DLC keys comes, we'll get a reasonable price for the DLC :)

#4364 Croq

Croq

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Okay, that convinced me. Purchased. :)

#4365 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm just gonna say what everyone else is thinking regarding the Fable DLC situation.

The advertised bundle was Fable TLC, Fable III, and all the Fable III DLC for $5 (after coupon). This is what was publicized, and this is what everyone got excited about. This is what lots of people saved their coupons for. Okay, the DLC was held up. You weren't able to get it when you should have gotten it, which is obviously the fault of Microsoft/Steam/Amazon not accounting for the time necessary to get the DLC keys.

So the bundle is run anyways, without the DLC... for the same price (it's incomplete, so why not $8 or $9?). That's the thing, one thing was advertised, and the actual product sold gave considerably less bang for your buck. There's a lot of DLC there, which is worth a fair bit. The product drops, we buy it anyways (since it's still a good deal), with many people hoping/expecting to get the DLC later on. An hour or so into the sale, you confirm that there will never be DLC given with this purchase.

It is what it is, but it's disappointing seeing as that is not what everyone was waiting for. Spoderman had a really good idea in that people who buy now will get a coupon to grab the DLC later on in a separate pack (when the keys are available). Is that not an option?

Note that I did grab the pack (and I appreciate that you still made it happen), because I want Fable III either way, but like I said, it's still disappointing. Hopefully the end of this won't just be "The bundle doesn't have the DLC, and you will never get the DLC from this purchase"...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4366 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Similar campaign for what game? You talking about C&C that's in your sig because its not in your post...

$16.99 for what?

Cheers,
Tony

SORRY! I meant the C&C Ultimate collection! ;) didn't know how that slipped my typing..
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#4367 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Well I just checked on steam to see what Warlock & Crusader Kings II DLC I'm missing.

Spoiler

All of that totals $55.84 if I were to buy at the regular MSRP. After a 75% discount (which is usually as high as it goes on steam) that amounts to $13.96. I can buy the whole 2012 pack for $9.99 and get some extra games with that missing DLC. True, I'd end up with a lot of duplicates with that pack. But if I just look at it as a cheaper way of picking up some missing DLC, it's the better way to go.

Granted, if I were picking up some of that DLC off of steam at 75% off, I'd likely skip all that $1.99 DLC because it looks pretty worthless. But even if I just stick to stuff with actual extra content, it's almost $10 after 75% off. So at worst, it's about the same price. Plus get a bunch of other games with it.

Assuming you have no interest in it you should be able to peddle War of the Roses and its DLCs for a decent return. Unless the trading thread gets flooded with it. Maybe not since it's the first time (afaik) that it's been included in a bundle of any kind.

#4368 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

SORRY! I meant the C&C Ultimate collection! ;) didn't know how that slipped my typing..

Yep, that is still planned for that pricepoint in early Feb.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4369 RankoRed

RankoRed

Oh, I can change this !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Lastly,

If you just Pmed me about protoype or your CKII bundle I have backfilled the prototype credits and I called one of our CS managers to handle your CKII issue. You'll be refunded and can rebuy the pack when it goes up tonight.

Cheers,
Tony

OMG, Thank You Tony. Gonna sleep now, but tomorrow I will put it to good use :D

#4370 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

I'm just gonna say what everyone else is thinking regarding the Fable DLC situation.

Note that I did grab the pack (and I appreciate that you still made it happen), because I want Fable III either way, but like I said, it's still disappointing. Hopefully the end of this won't just be "The bundle doesn't have the DLC, and you will never get the DLC from this purchase"...

Tony already said that the Fable bundle is as it is. What's the point of pushing on this one glitched deal after the retailer has already addressed it directly, to you no less?

#4371 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Tony already said that the Fable bundle is as it is. What's the point of pushing on this one glitched deal after the retailer has already addressed it directly, to you no less?

Because Tony welcomes feedback and works with his customer base, and because I'm not the only one who feels this way about the bundle. I don't know what you mean by "glitched deal" though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4372 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

It is what it is, but it's disappointing seeing as that is not what everyone was waiting for. Spoderman had a really good idea in that people who buy now will get a coupon to grab the DLC later on in a separate pack (when the keys are available). Is that not an option?

He did repeat a few times that the DLC may or may not make it before the EC deals finish. The deal was never concrete. Only a possibility.No guarantee's.
Posted Image

#4373 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm thinking that there was a hangup with Microsoft, which isn't Tony's fault. Besides, he never said that it was a sure deal, and was trying his best to make it work.

But hey, first world problems.

#4374 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Tony, you the man for these CKII packs.. been itching for this game and didn't have to wait long!

#4375 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Nope, that's not what everyone is thinking, I know I'm not. Tony posting on a forum about some possible upcoming deals is hardly "advertising". As usual, you're just being a whiny snot. You're the kind of "person" with your entitled attitude that gets the nice things taken away from us in the future (i.e. no more hints, tips, etc.. about upcoming deals).
Ugh, why did I take you off ignore.

I don't think he is being whiny.He is just airing his view like others who were/are looking to that bundle.Fair enuf.
Posted Image

#4376 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Because Tony welcomes feedback and works with his customer base, and because I'm not the only one who feels this way about the bundle. I don't know what you mean by "glitched deal" though.

Publisher didn't deliver the keys on time to make the promotion. There's nothing to sell. The face that Tony said that the Fable bundle "is as it is" means that even he's not sure if/when the keys will appear. There's a time to let these things go and stop badgering the rep; people have been asking about the Fable 3 DLC keys for what, 30 pages now?

#4377 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

CK Pack ( dont have all the DLC & i guess i want to complete it) v Paradox 2012 Bundle (get the CK stuff and the Warlock Armageddon DLC im missing. Not interested in rest of the pack) $4.99 v $9.99 (post coupon). Ugh... choices
Posted Image

#4378 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Sorry, I've been reading back on threads and I can't find a single place where it was promised the DLC. In fact, reading back, it reminded me of the numerous times Tony TRIED to get the pack put together and it fell through. So he clearly stated it wasn't happening...

Before...

The deal ever came out. So it wasn't like it was a surprise.

All I wanted was CK... but the 2012 has other stuff (like Roses) I wanted to try... but that requires me to get up at 3am to guarantee I can get it. I'm doing the same thing right now.

#4379 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Sorry, I've been reading back on threads and I can't find a single place where it was promised the DLC. In fact, reading back, it reminded me of the numerous times Tony TRIED to get the pack put together and it fell through. So he clearly stated it wasn't happening...

Before...

The deal ever came out. So it wasn't like it was a surprise.

All I wanted was CK... but the 2012 has other stuff (like Roses) I wanted to try... but that requires me to get up at 3am to guarantee I can get it. I'm doing the same thing right now.

Wasn't there also something about nothing being official until it was on the OP of the thread?
Posted Image

#4380 tjhall1000

tjhall1000

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

so Tony,

what happens if tomorrow Micro$oft finally gives the DLC for fable 3....

do people who bought before dlc lose out, and people who buy after get the DLC??

im confused on this issue... cuz u said no dlc will be given to buyers

im not sure if i should buy now or before the fable bundle ends... i wanna give time for the chance of getting DLC...

or is it ABSOLUTLY even if u get the DLC tomorrow, not goign to have DLC included.... if thats teh case i might as well just buy now