Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#421 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Awesome Origin live chat fixed problem and got me a nice lil coupon for my troubles. Thank you CAGers for your assistance as well.

Aww! They didn't give me a coupon. :-/

OH! And for those that get the DA bundle, do NOT use the DLC codes in Origin! It'll waste the key! You have to use it in-game, under Downloadable Content -> Redeem Code. I found this out the hard way, and now I'm waiting to see what I can do about it from Amazon.

#422 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I have a question for Tony (or anyone else who knows, I searched the thread but didn't see an answer):

How long is the "The Cave" + $5 credit pre-order deal going to go on for? Until release?

#423 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

When I bought the Dragon Age pack months ago they both activated straight on Origin just fine. I also never had to go to the Bioware site to activate the DLC, I think... There was an easy workaround in the files by changing a notepad file to say Admin = 1 in a few places. A quick Google search should find you the method.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#424 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Why would you want to wait?

Some of the games came in a bundle and there were a few I thought I might add to my trade list/give away instead of keeping for myself. I wasn't in too big of a hurry to make a decision but maybe I should be now.

#425 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Aww! They didn't give me a coupon. :-/

OH! And for those that get the DA bundle, do NOT use the DLC codes in Origin! It'll waste the key! You have to use it in-game, under Downloadable Content -> Redeem Code. I found this out the hard way, and now I'm waiting to see what I can do about it from Amazon.

What?! How does it waste it? If it doesn't unlock anything in origin, shouldn't it not unlock anything?

#426 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

What?! How does it waste it? If it doesn't unlock anything in origin, shouldn't it not unlock anything?

Origin took the key and acted like it was using it. Even showed the Ultimate Edition pic and everything. Said success. But, when I went in-game, it said none of the DLC except for Awakening would be active unless I was logged in to a Bioware account that had the DLC. So, logged in (used my Origin credentials and it created a Bioware account for me), and tried to use the DLC code there, and it said it was already used. But it still says the DLC is unauthorized. So I'm back to square one with only Origins and Awakening available and no DLC.

When I bought the Dragon Age pack months ago they both activated straight on Origin just fine. I also never had to go to the Bioware site to activate the DLC, I think... There was an easy workaround in the files by changing a notepad file to say Admin = 1 in a few places. A quick Google search should find you the method.

I might have to look that up. Since I've already emailed Amazon I'll see what they have to say first.

#427 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

But it still says the DLC is unauthorized. So I'm back to square one with only Origins and Awakening available and no DLC.

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Press Ctrl + F to find. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0". ALL not just 1.

Pretty sure that's the fix.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#428 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Ok. just checked the MP3 season pass discounts all DLC content pack for one price. I guess I'll pass. Might bite on MP3 or DoW Franchise. Wish I had another coupon lol. Thought 6 coupons was enough for January. Nope.

I thought 17 coupons was enough for January. Nope. Chuck Testa

#429 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

is darksiders 2 better than the 1st?

Hand__Of__God.png

#430 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

I thought 17 coupons was enough for January. Nope. Chuck Testa

I had 21 but have already burned through 8. January ain't even half over yet! :D

#431 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Origin took the key and acted like it was using it. Even showed the Ultimate Edition pic and everything. Said success. But, when I went in-game, it said none of the DLC except for Awakening would be active unless I was logged in to a Bioware account that had the DLC. So, logged in (used my Origin credentials and it created a Bioware account for me), and tried to use the DLC code there, and it said it was already used. But it still says the DLC is unauthorized. So I'm back to square one with only Origins and Awakening available and no DLC.

my fix

go to origin game folder -> Dragon Age Ultimate -> _Installer, suppose to have "DAUServiceSetup.exe" file.
run the file as admin, then start the game.

#432 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Convinced me, went ahead and went with Darksiders 2, hopefully I can avoid Walking Dead spoilers until the summer sale.

Side note, Torchwood: Children of Earth (which I just watched for the first time) is the best piece of television science fiction I've seen in the past 10 years.

Guardian_owl.png

#433 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Convinced me, went ahead and went with Darksiders 2, hopefully I can avoid Walking Dead spoilers until the summer sale.

Side note, Torchwood: Children of Earth (which I just watched for the first time) is the best piece of television science fiction I've seen in the past 10 years.

The dead come to life and kill people
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#434 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

this is why I grabbed it. Already had ds1, but figured I couldnt pass up the deal to get ds2 complete when who knows what will happen to the franchise. May as well get it on the steam account before it might disappear

If the games disappears from the Steam Sotre the keys will still work. Many games have gone from Steam and nothing happens when you don't use the keys.

Tretton.png

#435 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think people also wait to redeem keys in case they have an issue or want a refund since it hasn't been shown or used yet.

Considering the DoW pack which is a great price, but I only want Titan Quest Immortal Throne. I could sell/break up the set, but everyone else will probably be doing that and is a hassle (esp if people back out). Let me know if anyone wants to let Titan Quest go for real cheap or if they want any of the DoW stuff and don't want to burn their coupon. Overall, probably easier if I just try to pick up TQ:IT for like 50c-$1 on the buy/trade thread since that's only 1 key from the set.

Edited by yangwenli, 12 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#436 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I might have to look that up. Since I've already emailed Amazon I'll see what they have to say first.

Did you patch up to the most recent version of Dragon Age: Origins?

The version that is downloaded from Origin is NOT the most recent version of the game. I just reinstalled DA:O UE earlier this week, and I found that to be the case. (I had the DLC authorization problem when running the game after the fresh install.)

Then I went to the BioWare Social website and downloaded patch 1.05, applied it, and after restarting the game, all my DLCs were authorized and downloaded.

Also, you can check what BioWare DLC is registered to your EA/Origin account here.

Edited by Razorfish, 12 January 2013 - 12:39 PM.
added link

#437 JostVice

JostVice

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Afaik, the amazon crysis pack includes all amazon games, while on Origin you can get only Crysis 1 and crysys 2 for 9.99$, which doesn't include Warhead and Wars?

#438 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Afaik, the amazon crysis pack includes all amazon games, while on Origin you can get only Crysis 1 and crysys 2 for 9.99$, which doesn't include Warhead and Wars?

Correct. From Origin you can get Crysis 1 and/or 2 for $5 each, while Amazon gives you 1,2, Warhead and Wars for $12.99 (or $17.99 if you do not have an EC coupon).

If you have an EC coupon, and have none of the Crysis games then the Amazon deal is by far the best.

Both versions are Origin only (not Steam - for those that care)

#439 shampax

shampax

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

dow deal was up yet ?

#440 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

dow deal was up yet ?

noon (PST) today. 3pm East coast.

#441 shampax

shampax

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

ah, ok, thanks.
i'm from europe and usually confused about us timings :).

#442 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Isn't Wars part of Warhead anyways? Kinda disingenuous to represent it as another game.

#443 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Isn't Wars part of Warhead anyways? Kinda disingenuous to represent it as another game.

While "included" with Warhead, it is a separate entity from both Crysis and Warhead being that it is a multiplayer only environment.

#444 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

noon (PST) today. 3pm East coast.

Check here:
http://timeanddate.c...12&p1=755&ah=12

#445 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Sorry is this has been asked and / covered; any chance on PM for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition for $5 from Origin? I know that there is a Crysis bundle coming up, but some of us already have Crysis 1 for instance and $5 for Crysis 2 is hot.

#446 Zaraki_Kenpachi

Zaraki_Kenpachi

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Is Crysis Wars anything worth having? I'm only missing that and Crysis 2 so I was thinking about just getting the Crysis 2 thing from Origin.

#447 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sorry is this has been asked and / covered; any chance on PM for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition for $5 from Origin? I know that there is a Crysis bundle coming up, but some of us already have Crysis 1 for instance and $5 for Crysis 2 is hot.

Amazon currently does not match publisher pricing (Origin/EA, uPlay/Ubisoft, etc.).

Is Crysis Wars anything worth having?

Only if you want multiplayer. Can't say how it is myself as I never installed it.

#448 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Press Ctrl + F to find. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0". ALL not just 1.

Pretty sure that's the fix.

Interesting / simple sounding fix!
Never tried it.

Patch 1.05 is supposed to fix DLC authorization issues.

What happened was if you bought DAO Ultimate and it was not equipped w/ V1.05, the game forgot on the game install to ALSO install DAO Updater background Service program - and that needs to run to do the DLC authorization.
In the older days - you looked in the DAO installer folder, you could run that and that should take care of everything, once you first have tied the game + DLC codes to your BioWare Social Account.

And also make sure, you do install Witch Hunt patch 1.1 - lot of fixes in there, too.

TL;DR -> DAO Ultimate owners, make sure to install Patch 1.05 to fix DLC authorization issues; and install Witch Hunt Patch 1.1 to fix some issues there.

EDIT:

my fix

go to origin game folder -> Dragon Age Ultimate -> _Installer, suppose to have "DAUServiceSetup.exe" file.
run the file as admin, then start the game.

YES! THIS is what worked for me, before Patch 1.05 fixed DLC authorization isses.

#449 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Does anyone know which Dragon Age code includes Awakening? Is it part of the base code or does it appear once you've put in the DLC code?
Also, how does that DLC work? I just don't want to get stuck with my DLC attached to an older copy of Dragon Age if I try to claim the DLC on my non-ultimate version to see where Awakenings lies.
Posted Image

#450 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know which Dragon Age code includes Awakening? Is it part of the base code or does it appear once you've put in the DLC code?
Also, how does that DLC work? I just don't want to get stuck with my DLC attached to an older copy of Dragon Age if I try to claim the DLC on my non-ultimate version to see where Awakenings lies.

Awakenings has to be started separately from the main menu. Here's a list of the content and what's activated inside the main campaign and what is separate: http://dragonage.wik...ntent_(Origins)

76561197971332172.png