Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#451 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Convinced me, went ahead and went with Darksiders 2, hopefully I can avoid Walking Dead spoilers until the summer sale.

Side note, Torchwood: Children of Earth (which I just watched for the first time) is the best piece of television science fiction I've seen in the past 10 years.

You clearly know good television friend, I highly suggest seasons 1 and 2 of Torchwood as well. Miracle Day...it wasn't awful but could have been better.

#452 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I feel like I'm in the 3 hours of calm before the storm...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#453 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Man I wish I didn't work 30min before the DoW franchise goes live. I need it. You guys better not sell out Tony

#454 amundsjm

amundsjm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'll pick up the DoW pack myself and probably hunt for a super cheap copy of Soulstorm to finish it out. I have most of it retail, but I can't resist a digital copy for less than the cost of a lunch after coupon.

#455 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Man I wish I didn't work 30min before the DoW franchise goes live. I need it. You guys better not sell out Tony

You should be able to buy it on your phone if you can squeeze a few minutes break. I've done it before.

steam_sig.png

#456 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Use your cellphone.... works fine.

#457 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

With my luck it'll sell out right before my break lol

#458 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

bought Darksiders Franchise. Now guys,
is it ok if I activate Darksiders 2 with all the DLC before i play the game ? will it ruin my first run through.
Or is it okay to activate DLC after i finish Darksiders 2 base game ??

#459 Zaraki_Kenpachi

Zaraki_Kenpachi

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I feel like I'm in the 3 hours of calm before the storm...

Cheers,
Tony

What storm?

#460 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

What storm?

Shit Storm!!! Toilet Tycoon just got added to the EC.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#461 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

What storm?

The Dawn of War Storm :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#462 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'd offer to pick it up for you if you'd pay me back the $5 and let me keep the Titan Quest expansion, but I'd also have no way to get the non-Steam DOW 1 items to you so that doesn't work so well.

#463 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd offer to pick it up for you if you'd pay me back the $5 and let me keep the Titan Quest expansion, but I'd also have no way to get the non-Steam DOW 1 items to you so that doesn't work so well.

And that is a huge problem imho with Amazon DD.

Many times I have seen games in the casual section I thought would be cute for my niece and nephew but I have no way to gift it to them so I just pass on them.

steam_sig.png

#464 goombahup

goombahup

Backlog Addict :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

That DoW Franchise pack seems like great deal, i was thinking about buying it, but after clearing my head and trying to suppress this buying addiction and frenzy, i decided not to purchase it.

Already have DoW 1 and DoW 2 Gold on Steam, not interested in Titan Quest, so that leaves only DoW 2 Retribution, which is probably still good deal for $5, but as i never installed or played any of these games and probably ain't gonna play them in the near future, i'm gonna pass this time.

That's one more key for people who are gonna storm Amazon in 2.5 hrs :)

#465 cheapkevin

cheapkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Will the individual Crysis games be added to the Editor's Choice list? I already have Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

#466 BabyZeus

BabyZeus

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I just have 1 code left so I'm wondering if Guild Wars 2 will drop in price much during Jan, it's 1 of those games that seems to always cost more to buy digitally (I hate that, makes no sense). I don't want to miss out on another good deal waiting for this 1 if it doesn't change much - Any hint of how much it'll be and when? Thanks :)

#467 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

is it ok if I activate Darksiders 2 with all the DLC before i play the game ?

yes some enchance campaign-moar quests and items-
others are standsalone anyway

#468 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

is it ok if I activate Darksiders 2 with all the DLC before i play the game ? will it ruin my first run through.
Or is it okay to activate DLC after i finish Darksiders 2 base game ??

I had to search a lot for this but here you go

http://www.cheapassg...41#post10290441

I activated only the DLC that has additional quests, kinda like the reason why I have only the season pass for SR3, left the rest alone to avoid any possible OP weapon or whatever.

Hope it helps somehow.

#469 jsunjones

jsunjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've been wondering why this link isn't in the OP, I've had to go find it a couple times. Or am I just missing it?

2012 Editor's Choice

#470 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

yes some enchance campaign-moar quests and items-
others are standsalone anyway

I had to search a lot for this but here you go

http://www.cheapassg...41#post10290441

I activated only the DLC that has additional quests, kinda like the reason why I have only the season pass for SR3, left the rest alone to avoid any possible OP weapon or whatever.

Hope it helps somehow.

Thank you Guys. this is why i love CAG Forums :D :D Thanks again for your Hard-work :applause:

#471 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Tony,

about DOW bundle

not sure if you saw the question - will you be getting a steam key for dow gold and dark crusade at some point? and if you are, any chance we could swap the non steam one for the other when you get it?

also, what is missing here vs the steam packs? are the two missing items you mentioned just unit/cosmetic/etc. DLC's or actual expansions? e.g. I don't see soulstorm in the amazon bundle; trying to match things up but there's so many bits and pieces.

thank you!!

#472 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Question here: Is the Dragon Age: Origins DLC only available through Origin/Bioware? Can't find it on Steam. If it is, will the Dragon Age Pack come with separate codes for every piece of DLC plus every game? (Dragon Age Origins different code from Dragon Age Awakening and different code from Dragon Age 2)?? Thanks for the answer :)

#473 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Will the individual Crysis games be added to the Editor's Choice list? I already have Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

Yeah I want to know this too, I'm just interested in Crysis 2 since I already have Crysis 1 and Warhead, maybe price matching the origin deal? Because that would be amazing

Edited by pablo_vllj, 12 January 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#474 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Question here: Is the Dragon Age: Origins DLC only available through Origin/Bioware? Can't find it on Steam. If it is, will the Dragon Age Pack come with separate codes for every piece of DLC plus every game? (Dragon Age Origins different code from Dragon Age Awakening and different code from Dragon Age 2)?? Thanks for the answer :)

Dragon Age is EA, which means Origin. DA:O is on Steam, but the keys from Amazon are for Origin. 4 codes. 1 for DA:O registration, and 1 for the DLC. 1 for DA:2, and 1 for the Black Emporium for DA:2.

#475 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Here's the question. I have DOW gold, DOW II, and DOW II Chaos Rising. I have played them minimally. But I do not have DOW II Retribution nor its bazillion DLCs. Do I want to spend $5 on them? The answer may be yes.

#476 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Dragon Age is EA, which means Origin. DA:O is on Steam, but the keys from Amazon are for Origin. 4 codes. 1 for DA:O registration, and 1 for the DLC. 1 for DA:2, and 1 for the Black Emporium for DA:2.

This is ALSO worth noting:
I bought DAO: Ultimate a while ago over Steam when it was cheap there.
And those DAO Ultimate keys from Steam actually do activate up on EA's services.

Your DAO Ultimate game-key (for DAO + Awakening) will activate over Origin.
The DLC key (for all DLC's) activates over your BioWare Social Account.

So, yeah - if you buy DAO Ultimate directly though Steam (only way to get Steam-versions of EA games), you can wind-up w/ having the game on both your Steam and EA Accounts (Origin & BioWare Social accounts).

#477 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

So, does the amazon bundle includes the DA2 DLC? It's not listed in the product page

#478 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

...maybe price matching the origin deal? Because that would be amazing

Nope.

Amazon currently does not match publisher pricing (Origin/EA, uPlay/Ubisoft, etc.).

So, does the amazon bundle includes the DA2 DLC? It's not listed in the product page

Um, yes it is...

Edit: Sorry misread. Thought you mentioned DA2 (game), not DA2 DLC. My bad.

#479 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

EA never released a big DA2 pack with all the DLC, so no.

#480 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

If you are looking for the two main content DA2 DLC's (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin) - you can only get those via BioWare Store, sadly.

It'd be nice if Tony would work his magic and get EA/BioWare to sell a ALL DLC Only pack for Dragon Age 2.
Sames goes for Mass Effect 2, as well. ;)
I don't expect those kind of miracles, though.
BioWare Points ALMOST NEVER go on sale and they have DLC prices high purposely there.

EDIT:

EA never released a big DA2 pack with all the DLC, so no.

I wish EA would.
I'd still like to get the two DA2 DLC's - Legacy and Mark of the Assassin.
Sames goes for Mass Effect 2, as well - I'd love a ME2: Ultimate Edition w/ all the DLC.
Since I own DA2 and ME2 already - I'd be happy w/ them selling ALL DLC Packs for DA2 and ME2.