Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4801 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Amazon really needs to revamp this product key system I think.

Again dude, so sorry for the hassle, to address this directly, it'll be 6 weeks or less and we should have a long term solution in place.

Please reference this note, which is on all of our Digital Video Games pages when contacting CS, it will help.
Important Note

Some customers are experiencing difficulties viewing their product keys in Your Games & Software Library. If you are not able to see your keys, we recommend navigating to a different page and then going back to Your Games & Software Library. We are working to resolve this as fast as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4802 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Following up on this, did you use the words I suggested in the OP? Or did you contact CS before I posted the update?

Cheers,
Tony

Here is our exchange so far:

I can't see any of my game keys for any of my games in my Game Library. It has been that way since last night. How do I go about getting all my game keys to show?

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had viewing your Product Keys in Your Games and Softwares Library.

To help you resolve this quickly, I've forwarded your query to our technical department for more information about the issue.

However, errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

But that was 4 hours ago that they sent me that.

#4803 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I've been by several times in the last 24 hours, looked at reviews, etc. and I still come back to the same question why is every going so crazy for the Paradox bundle? It huge discount from Tony but the games all get just ok reviews. Is there something I missing?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#4804 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Here is our exchange so far:

But that was 4 hours ago that they sent me that.

Got it, if all goes as planned your contact info is now with our Dev team, who is pulling your keys and sending them back to the CSR to send to you.

4 hours, might be the time it takes for this to happen given the volume of contacts we're experiencing. Sorry again man :( we literally have 2 entire teams of devs working on it.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4805 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Got it, if all goes as planned your contact info is now with our Dev team, who is pulling your keys and sending them back to the CSR to send to you.

4 hours, might be the time it takes for this to happen given the volume of contacts we're experiencing. Sorry again man :( we literally have 2 entire teams of devs working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

That's cool. As long as I get them I am fine, I think I was just getting a little worried since most people were reporting their keys were back so I was wondering why mine weren't. Thanks for everything though. This sale and Amazon DVG has rocked over the last year so I don't mind a few growing pains along the way.

#4806 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

So I'm really debating using one of my last coupons on NBA2k13. I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I like basketball games. I've heard this version is pretty barebones compared to its console counterparts but does anyone have any feedback? I also thought I read that this will be the last NBA game that 2K makes for the PC

#4807 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I don't mind having to wait to get my keys honestly as I'm in no denial of the fact that I am just a digital game hoarder. But for people who want to play the games right away it probably sucks.

#4808 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

So I'm really debating using one of my last coupons on NBA2k13. I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I like basketball games. I've heard this version is pretty barebones compared to its console counterparts but does anyone have any feedback? I also thought I read that this will be the last NBA game that 2K makes for the PC

I haven't played it, but I bought it, felt $10 was a hard price to beat. I think it really sucks they cancelled all the NCAA games. To me NCAA was the ultimate basketball VG. In fact my favorite basketball VG ever is:

Posted Image

#4809 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

If you have extra EC codes, PM me. I can give you a $5 Amazon GC in exchange for the bundles I want (2K Shooter, MS Indie Arcade - each $5 after coupon). Thanks.

#4810 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I haven't played it, but I bought it, felt $10 was a hard price to beat. I think it really sucks they cancelled all the NCAA games. To me NCAA was the ultimate basketball VG. In fact my favorite basketball VG ever is:

Posted Image

So I think I'll probably have to bite. My favorite basketball games growing up were College Slam (it was just an NBA Jam rip off from acclaim or midway, but it had Allen Iverson on the Hoyas which I thought was too cool), and Barkley Shut up and Jam cause I thought it was so cool he used to say "go get the damn ball" and it was another game in the NBA jam style of play really.

but the real question is how is David Robinson dunking and trying to play defense at the same time for both teams?

Edited by MrshllJcb, 01 February 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#4811 Maxus

Maxus

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

There won't be any last hours / suprise deals? I've got enough but man, so many coupons :p

#4812 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ssyyk/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4813 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Is the EC The Secret World activated on Steam?

No, it's a Funcom MMO that activates on their site: https://register.the...rld.com/account

Amazing game, by the way. Best MMO I've ever played, hands down. GW2 and WoW can take a hike.

36*

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4814 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

I've been by several times in the last 24 hours, looked at reviews, etc. and I still come back to the same question why is every going so crazy for the Paradox bundle? It huge discount from Tony but the games all get just ok reviews. Is there something I missing?

Oblivion got 99/100 GAME OF THE CENTURY reviews. Everything is relative.

#4815 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

A lot of Paradox's games (not just in the big 2012 bundle, but in all of their other bundles, too) are either niche games or very complex strategy games. They're almost all decent games with some unique qualities, but they can take a while to learn how to play, or they have their quirks and aren't for everybody. A few of them have some bugs, as well, but if you can overlook the blemishes, there's a lot of fun to be had with most of their games. Reviewers don't always look at these games in the same way because they're speaking to a more general, less specialized audience.

#4816 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Where do you go to contact Customer Service for Amazon? Their site is pretty hard to navigate and I can't seem to find it.

#4817 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

LOL!!!
<3 it.

#4818 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Lol dude, sorry for the hassle, if you check the OP I've got some instructions to help you out.

Short answer is though, contact CS, they'll get you sorted. Sorry again dude, we've had devs working on this all day, short term solution is in place (CS contact) long term solution will be finished within 6 weeks.

Cheers,
Tony

Just got off the phone with a CS guy (didn't catch his name but he was nice). He acknowledged that there is a problem (apparently this problem is happening for people with a lot of games purchased he made it sound like) and he would forward it to whoever (I forgot) about getting the keys. He would contact me once he has heard back and will hopefully have it taken care of (me getting all my keys).

So basically those of us who bought a lot got to find out what their system was able to handle and now have to contact CS it seems to get our keys when we make a purchase. That comment sounds a hell of a lot meaner then I actually mean it too Tony, it is said mostly in jest with some frustration :D

Thanks for the info on how to solve the problem though, much appreciated.

#4819 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Hm. I got a weird 24-character key for East India in my Seas pack that doesn't appear to activate. Has anyone else had this kind of problem?
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#4820 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hm. I got a weird 24-character key for East India in my Seas pack that doesn't appear to activate. Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

I have activated East India Collection from that Seas Packs.

Activated it on Steam w/ a key in this typical Steam format:
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

#4821 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I have activated East India Collection from that Seas Packs.

Activated it on Steam w/ a key in this typical Steam format:
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

I guess I need to contact CS then. I've never seen a key like that before.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#4822 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Oblivion got 99/100 GAME OF THE CENTURY reviews. Everything is relative.

Glad someone else shares in my idea that Oblivion may be the most overrated game ever. I mean it was alright but just don't get the love it gets from some. I've held of on Skyrim for this reason. I know I'm probably missing out but I'll wait for a GOTY edition.

#4823 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I believe someone said there was a non-Steam version of that pack, perhaps you got that by mistake.

#4824 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I want to take a second and say:

THANK YOU, TONY!

The sales for the last two months have been absolutely insane. My Steam library is spiraling out of control!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4825 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

so whats the best paradox game?

im thinking i would enjoy king arthur 2 the most

the warchest is missing king arthur 2 dlc right?

i don't think i would like crusader kings 2

anyone recommend anything else?

(i already have war of the roses and like it a lot - tempted to get the 2012 pack just to upgrade to the house of york edition, wish that pack included king arthur 2)

#4826 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Tony - Thanks for the great sales! Also, I had issues earlier today with the keys showing (like a lot of people) and I contacted CS via email. Things began working a couple hours later and they even followed up with a phone call this evening to make sure I could see ALL of my keys! Great job Amazon! Please share my thanks with your CS team and thanks again for working on some great deals.

#4827 mat1c

mat1c

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Where do you go to contact Customer Service for Amazon? Their site is pretty hard to navigate and I can't seem to find it.

I was just on the phone with their customer support, they were pretty quick answering my question so you might just try giving them a call, its 24/7 I believe.

Edited by mat1c, 27 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.
typo

#4828 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

I want to take a second and say:

THANK YOU, TONY!

The sales for the last two months have been absolutely insane. My Steam library is spiraling out of control!

I second this! I've bought so much stuff for so cheap over the last several months that I might have to use my savings to buy a larger hard drive. I think this is Amazon's secret evil plan. ;)

#4829 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

so whats the best paradox game?

im thinking i would enjoy king arthur 2 the most

the warchest is missing king arthur 2 dlc right?

i don't think i would like crusader kings 2

anyone recommend anything else?

From what I've read, most would actually consider King Arthur 1 to be the better game. I haven't played KA2 yet, so I can't put in my own two cents.

Correct, it is missing the KA2 DLC. The KA1 DLC is included, I believe.

Out of curiosity, why don't you think you would enjoy CK2?

#4830 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

I second this! I've bought so much stuff for so cheap over the last several months that I might have to use my savings to buy a larger hard drive. I think this is Amazon's secret evil plan. ;)

Seems like Newegg always has the external hard drive deals though.

Call up that department and tell them to get a crazy deal running, Tony! With all the digital games being sold, the sales will go hand in hand.

Or better yet, give us coupons towards cheap drives from buying games. ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png