Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#4831 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I've been by several times in the last 24 hours, looked at reviews, etc. and I still come back to the same question why is every going so crazy for the Paradox bundle? It huge discount from Tony but the games all get just ok reviews. Is there something I missing?

if you are referring to metascores, you are probably reading these wrong
from my personal experience
id say that any game with score 70 higher is usually good to very good and most people enjoy it-if they like the genre that is.
even at 60s a game may be great
e.g out of 7 reviews total , say we have three 80s ,2 two 70s ,a 50 and a 40
usually it means that 2 reviewers are having their periods or trolling

also many paradox games lose points on reviews because of buggy releases
but they support their games well and for long time
reviewers never do retrospective reviews though

point is many people want and enjoy these games,although i'll agree they are niche
but then ck2 also has great mods and Brian Blessed dlc is coming for war of the roses:pray:

and yeah morrowind rules and oblivion sucks so **** the reviews :D

Or better yet, give us coupons towards cheap drives from buying games. ;)

+1 cheap hdd for cags,i'd instantly grab a wd black bundle:rofl:

Edited by puffy, 01 February 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#4832 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Or buy this 3TB external get these digital games free. That would be pretty cool actually =P

edit:
This isn't a bad deal on a 3TB USB 3.0 external hard drive actually ($120):
http://www.amazon.co...rnal hard drive

#4833 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Just got off the phone with a CS guy (didn't catch his name but he was nice). He acknowledged that there is a problem (apparently this problem is happening for people with a lot of games purchased he made it sound like) and he would forward it to whoever (I forgot) about getting the keys. He would contact me once he has heard back and will hopefully have it taken care of (me getting all my keys).

So basically those of us who bought a lot got to find out what their system was able to handle and now have to contact CS it seems to get our keys when we make a purchase. That comment sounds a hell of a lot meaner then I actually mean it too Tony, it is said mostly in jest with some frustration :D

Thanks for the info on how to solve the problem though, much appreciated.

No worries dude, this shouldn't happen and you have every right to be frustrated, while I appreciate your patience I want you to understand that "taking it seriously" doesn't mean I'm going to get on here and hand wave. Taking it seriously in this case has meant having a team of developers, CS Management, and Business Side folks looking at and trying to resolve this issue.

I also wanted to provide you with a realistic, but optimistic timeline, I'm hoping it will be fixed in under 6 weeks but that's the most conservative timeline I can provide at this point.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, again, sincerest apologies, thanks for your patience and we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4834 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Seems like Newegg always has the external hard drive deals though.

Call up that department and tell them to get a crazy deal running, Tony! With all the digital games being sold, the sales will go hand in hand.

Or better yet, give us coupons towards cheap drives from buying games. ;)

With Amazon getting up to speed and then some in the PCDD sector it sure does seem like getting competitive with newegg/microcenter/tiger direct would be next on the list of things to jump into. As you said seems like it could go hand and hand.

I mean they're usually not far off or sometimes ahead but rarely do I feel like I'm getting the best deals on hardware from Amazon and this is coming from one of the biggest supporters of Amazon there is.

#4835 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Or buy this 3TB external get these digital games free. That would be pretty cool actually =P

I third this idea! Tony, if you could talk to the computer component people about creating game and component bundles, that would be fantastic. I love amazon but I have a MicroCenter 20 minutes away. That situation keeps me away from buying pc parts from amazon.

#4836 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

From what I've read, most would actually consider King Arthur 1 to be the better game. I haven't played KA2 yet, so I can't put in my own two cents.

Correct, it is missing the KA2 DLC. The KA1 DLC is included, I believe.

Out of curiosity, why don't you think you would enjoy CK2?

seems a little too intense of strategy/ too much like civilization
(just from what i can tell, i've had a total of 1-2 hours to research all these games)

#4837 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Tony,

I'm in the same boat with the no keys showing for almost a week now, and when I saw your note on the OP I immediately sent a message to CS requesting for keys and also used the text you posted. Until now I haven't received any of the keys I've requested. My question is how long would this normally take to get keys from CS? and What's the longest time we should wait before talking to CS again?

For reference Tony, it's almost 2 days now since I've last heard from CS.

TQ!

#4838 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

No worries dude, this shouldn't happen and you have every right to be frustrated, while I appreciate your patience I want you to understand that "taking it seriously" doesn't mean I'm going to get on here and hand wave. Taking it seriously in this case has meant having a team of developers, CS Management, and Business Side folks looking at and trying to resolve this issue.

I also wanted to provide you with a realistic, but optimistic timeline, I'm hoping it will be fixed in under 6 weeks but that's the most conservative timeline I can provide at this point.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, again, sincerest apologies, thanks for your patience and we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Tony

I appreciate it. I don't like stuff sugarcoated even if the truth of the matter does suck, in this case 6 weeks of contacting CS when I buy a game lol.

The situation is funny when you think of it from this angle. The 1C Bundle wasn't happening right now because of the system now being able deal with all those keys and things were currently being worked on to find away to deal with it. Now that customers have purchased a lot of keys on an account the problem strikes and a fix is now being escalated as a high priority and as a side effect the 1C Bundle and other large bundles time frames have probably been bumped up to sooner rather than later lol

Thanks again for your hard work as well as everyone else at Amazon that is dealing with this.

PS I want a really cool coupon because of this! jk! :P

#4839 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

21% off everything for a year, please.

Spoiler

#4840 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

seems a little too intense of strategy/ too much like civilization
(just from what i can tell, i've had a total of 1-2 hours to research all these games)

KA2 is a buggy, unlbalanced mess that Neocore never did completely fix (and they've stopped updating KA2 and moved on to their next project). If you haven't played KA1 that's definitely the better game.

If you want a lighter game than Civ V then yeah, CK2 is much more involved. It's a fantastic game but it's got a decent learning curve.

#4841 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

looks like im done with game deals until summer. Thanks for the guys who's helping me to buy Darksouls & fable pack :D

Now I need to find time to play these game. I need to stop my JOB :lol:

1. KOA Amalur (Playing now. 72 hours in still finished like the half of the quests (110/287 quests :) )
2.Darksiders
3.Dark souls
4 Fable 1 & 3
5.Walking dead
6.Witcher 1
7.Fallout new vegas
8.Darkness 2
9.Doom 3 BFG
10. Saintrow 2

Lots of more other games. these above are the main games im thinking of finishing first lol... damn :applause:

#4842 yupignome

yupignome

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

First of all, THANK YOU TONY! You rock, brother. Loving all the great deals.

Second, know approximately what time keys for the Paradox 2012 will come in Friday? Another midnight PST thing or later in the day? I work during the day, but didn't want to miss out like I did last night =(

#4843 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Tony,

I'm in the same boat with the no keys showing for almost a week now, and when I saw your note on the OP I immediately sent a message to CS requesting for keys and also used the text you posted. Until now I haven't received any of the keys I've requested. My question is how long would this normally take to get keys from CS? and What's the longest time we should wait before talking to CS again?

For reference Tony, it's almost 2 days now since I've last heard from CS.

TQ!

You should have heard back by now, ping them again and reference the new text in the OP referencing the product alert now on all of our detail pages.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4844 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

edit:
This isn't a bad deal on a 3TB USB 3.0 external hard drive actually ($120):
http://www.amazon.co...rnal hard drive

Do you think you can actually install games to it? Not sure if it'd be too slow since I've never used an external drive for gaming. My SSD is too small for games like Guild Wars 2.

#4845 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Do you think you can actually install games to it? Not sure if it'd be too slow since I've never used an external drive for gaming. My SSD is too small for games like Guild Wars 2.

Course you can install games to it! That's what a hard drive is for. :D

If you have USB 3.0 it would be more than fast enough. If you have USB 2.0, it would be fast enough, but not as fast as your internal disk in whatever computer you have.
www.bighugenerd.com

#4846 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Tony, another thanks for the great sale.

Not sure if you care what people bought, but here's my haul:
Spoiler

Any chance you can put Season of Mystery: Cherry Blossom Murders on sale again for $1.99?

elessar123.png

#4847 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

If you have USB 3.0 it would be more than fast enough. If you have USB 2.0, it would be fast enough, but not as fast as your internal disk in whatever computer you have.

Cool, thanks. I just wasn't sure if it was significantly slower than an internal drive. I only have SATA 2.

#4848 Gomtan21

Gomtan21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Just got off the phone with a CS guy (didn't catch his name but he was nice). He acknowledged that there is a problem (apparently this problem is happening for people with a lot of games purchased he made it sound like) and he would forward it to whoever (I forgot) about getting the keys. He would contact me once he has heard back and will hopefully have it taken care of (me getting all my keys).

So basically those of us who bought a lot got to find out what their system was able to handle and now have to contact CS it seems to get our keys when we make a purchase. That comment sounds a hell of a lot meaner then I actually mean it too Tony, it is said mostly in jest with some frustration :D

Thanks for the info on how to solve the problem though, much appreciated.

Yeah, I have suspected that is the cause (the bold part there). When I (and many people here) bought the Paradox Pack, we probably crossed over the maximum number of keys that can be displayed on the page, so the system is crashing down upon itself whenever we enter the page and displays none of the keys, or something like that... So yeah, the problem seems to be that we purchase too many games from Amazon! :-#

I guess there shouldn't be a problem to keep purchasing in the meantime. Still have a few EC coupons I would hate to see go to waste (maybe keeping a couple for the probable return of the Paradox Bundle). I believe Tony said the keys are assigned at the moment of purchase, right? I just have no access to the keys until something is done with the page. :cry:

#4849 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

I've popped a few external drives out of their plastic box and just put them in my tower before. If I need a low-cost storage drive I'll take whatever is reliable and cheap.

#4850 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Okay, mine are finally back! And seem back for good! Thanks again!

#4851 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Well, unless Tony or someone else, could score me the Crysis Maximum Maximum edition bundle I missed out on I suppose then I will have to opt for Spec Ops.

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error:

#4852 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Well, unless Tony or someone else, could score me the Crysis Maximum Maximum edition bundle I missed out on I suppose then I will have to opt for Spec Ops.

It's on sale for close to the same sale price on Gamersgate right now. 14 bucks.

#4853 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Thanks Tony, looks like the Amazon key server or whatever it is has stabilized. Have claimed all the CK2 keys with no hiccups, and have successfully activated them all on Steam.

Cheers!

#4854 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

I know the 2012 keys are supposed to be delivered Friday, but is there any sort of estimation on time frame? Or if the keys are given Friday is it likely the deal won't go live until Saturday? I just don't want to miss out on the bundle, since it was gone before I woke up this morning. :(

#4855 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

I know the 2012 keys are supposed to be delivered Friday, but is there any sort of estimation on time frame? Or if the keys are given Friday is it likely the deal won't go live until Saturday? I just don't want to miss out on the bundle, since it was gone before I woke up this morning. :(

I am not even 100% sure we'll get keys tomorrow. Both my Paradox people are in Iceland :(.

Here's the verbatim response I have from last night/early AM:

Sorry I did not get this email until just now. We will do our best to get these keys for you ASAP but we are in the middle of our Conference so tomorrow (Friday) most likely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4856 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

@Tony

Just FYI, I called customer service this morning around 8am (purchased at 3am) regarding the key thing. If I HADN'T been able to refresh about a kajillion times to get my keys, not hearing back from Amazon for greater than 12 hrs... that's just not right. (9pm now, no updates or anything)

No phone calls, no emails, nada.

Back to the thread...

Just the first tutorial of CK2 was a complete instruction overload. I had to step back and take a breath. I think I'mma hit 1 tutorial a day until I absorb it all.

And you people do realize Paradox-con is going on (or whatever the hell it's called... the big Paradox announcements thing)

#4857 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

I am not even 100% sure we'll get keys tomorrow. Both my Paradox people are in Iceland :(.

Here's the verbatim response I have from last night/early AM:

Sorry I did not get this email until just now. We will do our best to get these keys for you ASAP but we are in the middle of our Conference so tomorrow (Friday) most likely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony

I'll just keep DDOS'ing your site with my F5 attacks then. :) Do you at least expect to get enough keys to keep up with the demand, whenever they do arrive? I know nothing is guaranteed, but at least I'll have an idea on how actively I'll need to keep up the watch.

#4858 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

@Tony

Just FYI, I called customer service this morning around 8am (purchased at 3am) regarding the key thing. If I HADN'T been able to refresh about a kajillion times to get my keys, not hearing back from Amazon for greater than 12 hrs... that's just not right. (9pm now, no updates or anything)

No phone calls, no emails, nada.

Back to the thread...

Just the first tutorial of CK2 was a complete instruction overload. I had to step back and take a breath. I think I'mma hit 1 tutorial a day until I absorb it all.

And you people do realize Paradox-con is going on (or whatever the hell it's called... the big Paradox announcements thing)

PM me your email address please, you should have heard back today, I have a CS manager on IM right now and will have him address.

Edit: Sorry again dude, you are correct, you should have heard back with an update at one point.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#4859 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Big thanks and shout outs to Idiotekque and AionTelos for being super helpful and kind!

#4860 Gomtan21

Gomtan21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Wooo, the keys finally show up! Maybe it's just a simple case of allowing the page to display more keys than previously allowed (at the expense of straining the servers more ;))

Thanks a lot, Tony and everyone at Amazon! Now we just need the Paradox Pack to be back up :bouncy: