Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#481 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Dragon Age is EA, which means Origin. DA:O is on Steam, but the keys from Amazon are for Origin. 4 codes. 1 for DA:O registration, and 1 for the DLC. 1 for DA:2, and 1 for the Black Emporium for DA:2.

This is ALSO worth noting:
I bought DAO: Ultimate a while ago over Steam when it was cheap there.
And those DAO Ultimate keys from Steam actually do activate up on EA's services.

Your DAO Ultimate game-key (for DAO + Awakening) will activate over Origin.
The DLC key (for all DLC's) activates over your BioWare Social Account.

So, yeah - if you buy DAO Ultimate directly though Steam (only way to get Steam-versions of EA games), you can wind-up w/ having the game on both your Steam and EA Accounts (Origin & BioWare Social accounts).

Thanks for the answers. My question is if the only way of getting the DLC was through Bioware/Origin and never on Steam, then I'll bite on the Dragon Age Pack. But, I already have Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Dragon Age 2 on Origin (I only need the 9 DLC), if there are 4 codes, that mean that there's 1 code for Dragon Age Origins + Awakening? And... there's only 1 code for all the 9 DLCS?? And .... What is Black Emporium, DLC for DA2? Lol, sorry for all the questions, I want to be sure before buying ;)

#482 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Tony,

about DOW bundle

not sure if you saw the question - will you be getting a steam key for dow gold and dark crusade at some point? and if you are, any chance we could swap the non steam one for the other when you get it?

also, what is missing here vs the steam packs? are the two missing items you mentioned just unit/cosmetic/etc. DLC's or actual expansions? e.g. I don't see soulstorm in the amazon bundle; trying to match things up but there's so many bits and pieces.

thank you!!

I think he pretty much already said no to getting Steam keys for those older games.

Also if they don't have them now I don't think they will ever get them later, at least not retroactively for current buyers. All of THQs IPs are going up for auction very soon so shortly it will be some completely different publisher that owns them.

Thanks for the answers. My question is if the only way of getting the DLC was through Bioware/Origin and never on Steam, then I'll bite on the Dragon Age Pack. But, I already have Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Dragon Age 2 on Origin (I only need the 9 DLC), if there are 4 codes, that mean that there's 1 code for Dragon Age Origins + Awakening? And... there's only 1 code for all the 9 DLCS?? And .... What is Black Emporium, DLC for DA2? Lol, sorry for all the questions, I want to be sure before buying ;)

The version of Dragon Age: Origins on Steam is the ultimate edition so it comes with all the DLC already, though you do need to login with a Bioware/Origin id to activate it. It won't download to Steam the usual way but you get the DLC if you buy it there.

DA2 was yanked from Steam entirely because of this DLC issue, but older games like DA:O and Sims 3 etc are grandfathered in from before Valve changed their TOS.

#483 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Two folks have replied saying nearly no DA2 DLC is included.

Also, Black Emporium is a crappy overpowered item store.

edit: The only DLC of note from release is The Exiled Prince, which adds an abhorrent NPC named Sebastian. He's got real content around him so he adds something to the game at least but I'd have been irritated if I had bought the DLC separately. He was a bad party member (no spoilers, only opinions!). There are only two post-release content packs as well, Legacy and Mark of the Assassin. If there was a big sale somewhere on Bioware points I'd say they're all worth it. As is, I don't think they are. There was supposed to be a final larger expansion, but it was cancelled late in development. It's too bad. I'd have played it, particularly if it was big like Awakening. Which it sounds like it was. :(

#484 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Those are day 1 DLC that everyone gets no matter where you get it from. It's kind of like thanks for registering your account and legitimately buying it. Here's some DLC sort of thing.

They're nothing special though and as you pointed out actually somewhat cheatish.

#485 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the answers. My question is if the only way of getting the DLC was through Bioware/Origin and never on Steam, then I'll bite on the Dragon Age Pack.

This is kind of complicated.

DAO: Ultimate - You get one key for DAO + Awakening; one key for all of the 9 DLC's.
DA2 - You'd have to go through BioWare Store to get their DLC's (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin).

But, I already have Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Dragon Age 2 on Origin (I only need the 9 DLC), if there are 4 codes, that mean that there's 1 code for Dragon Age Origins + Awakening? And... there's only 1 code for all the 9 DLCS??

Granted, I ain't bought these all from Amazon DVG.
I bought DAO Ultimate from Steam; DA2 from Origin.

Someone else bought from DAO Ultimate from Amazon DVG can speak on this?

I'd guess it'd be the same, that you'd get two keys:
One key for both DAO + Awakening; another key for 9 DLC's.
{shrug}

And .... What is Black Emporium, DLC for DA2?

A "special" store shop w/ weird and rare items in DA2.
It's part of EA's Project $10 Day-One DLC.

Lol, sorry for all the questions, I want to be sure before buying ;)

Keep 'em coming.
I don't mind.
Plus, I'm betting you're asking A LOT of questions others might NEED the answers to, as well.

#486 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

The version of Dragon Age: Origins on Steam is the ultimate edition so it comes with all the DLC already, though you do need to login with a Bioware/Origin id to activate it. It won't download to Steam the usual way but you get the DLC if you buy it there.

DA2 was yanked from Steam entirely because of this DLC issue, but older games like DA:O and Sims 3 etc are grandfathered in from before Valve changed their TOS.

This is kind of complicated.

DAO: Ultimate - You get one key for DAO + Awakening; one key for all of the 9 DLC's.
DA2 - You'd have to go through BioWare Store to get their DLC's (Legacy and Mark of the Assassin).

Granted, I ain't bought these all from Amazon DVG.
I bought DAO Ultimate from Steam; DA2 from Origin.

Someone else bought from DAO Ultimate from Amazon DVG can speak on this?

I'd guess it'd be the same, that you'd get two keys:
One key for both DAO + Awakening; another key for 9 DLC's.
{shrug}

A "special" store shop w/ weird and rare items in DA2.
It's part of EA's Project $10 Day-One DLC.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks for the answers. I just found out why I couldn't see it on Steam. It was region restricted for me. :roll: According to jshackles' great tool it was 7.49$ at Gamestop 3 months ago. I prefer Steam so I'll wait :)

#487 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Those are day 1 DLC that everyone gets no matter where you get it from. It's kind of like thanks for registering your account and legitimately buying it. Here's some DLC sort of thing.

They're nothing special though and as you pointed out actually somewhat cheatish.

Yeah, it's nothing special.

I think the best thing for me w/ Black Emporium was...it was the shop I just picked off the map b/c it was so easy to access.
Pick it - boom, you're there.
I sold A LOT of items there b/c of how conveinant it was for me to access from off the map. ;)

#488 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Not sure if it's still active or not (already redeemed it myself so I can't verify), but don't forget you can grab the Pre-order DLC for Dragon Age 1 and 2 for free. Again, my bad if it's expired.

Check the thread
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#489 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the answers. I just found out why I couldn't see it on Steam. It was region restricted for me. :roll: According to jshackles' great tool it was 7.49$ at Gamestop 3 months ago. I prefer Steam so I'll wait :)

You should be able to get someone to get it for you on Steam and then gift it. I did that for a couple of people with Drakensang: The River of Time which is only available on Steam in the US.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't region lock DA:O or anything so gifting it via Steam should work. It probably won't go on sale there again until summer though.

#490 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

edit: The only DLC of note from release is The Exiled Prince, which adds an abhorrent NPC named Sebastian. He's got real content around him so he adds something to the game at least but I'd have been irritated if I had bought the DLC separately. He was a bad party member (no spoilers, only opinions!). There are only two post-release content packs as well, Legacy and Mark of the Assassin. If there was a big sale somewhere on Bioware points I'd say they're all worth it. As is, I don't think they are. There was supposed to be a final larger expansion, but it was cancelled late in development. It's too bad. I'd have played it, particularly if it was big like Awakening. Which it sounds like it was. :(

I would've loved to see that big DA2 expansion Exalted Marches (rumored title) hit the shelves. I would've eventually bought it.

Oh, I forgot all about DA2's Exiled Prince DLC! Glad you mentioned that one!

#491 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

So...... 30 minutes until blast off!!?!?

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#492 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

You should be able to get someone to get it for you on Steam and then gift it. I did that for a couple of people with Drakensang: The River of Time which is only available on Steam in the US.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't region lock DA:O or anything so gifting it via Steam should work. It probably won't go on sale there again until summer though.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I did the same thing with Batman AC Goty and Dead Rising Complete, both region-restricted, both gifted to me. I think I'll just wait for a price drop. I can continue playing on Origin :D Will my characters be linked with my future Dragon Age Ultimate on Steam? I've already created and registered my Dragon Age games on my Bioware account.

How do I know if this is Steam redeemable?
http://www.gamestop....e-edition/78680

I think that's the one that EnhancedSteam showed as the one that was on sale 3 months ago, isn't it?

#493 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

So...... 30 minutes until blast off!!?!?

my body is ready:D:D

#494 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

http://www.gamestop.....-edition/78680

Rule of thumb to follow: if EA is the publisher, it probably doesn't activate on STEAM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#495 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, thanks for the info. I did the same thing with Batman AC Goty and Dead Rising Complete, both region-restricted, both gifted to me. I think I'll just wait for a price drop. I can continue playing on Origin :D Will my characters be linked with my future Dragon Age Ultimate on Steam? I've already created and registered my Dragon Age games on my Bioware account.

I think that's the one that EnhancedSteam showed as the one that was on sale 3 months ago, isn't it?

It's EA so it's not. You will have to get someone to get it for you on Steam.

I believe the saves are stored outside of the actual game directory so the Steam and non-Steam versions should pull the saves from the same place and the DLC is all tied to your Bioware/Origin account login.

#496 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

isn't it?

it was mentioned in the specification

ConnectivityPC Download version requires the EA Origin client to install and play

#497 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Rule of thumb to follow: if EA is the publisher, it probably doesn't activate on STEAM.

THIS.
EA been trying to push Origin (EADM) on us for years.

EDIT:

I believe the saves are stored outside of the actual game directory so the Steam and non-Steam versions should pull the saves from the same place and the DLC is all tied to your Bioware/Origin account login.

In general, saves for many of BioWare's recent games (DAO and newer) are somewhere within, found in these directories...
...My Documents\BioWare\{game name}

EDIT 2:
To be a bit more specific...
ME games -> My Documents\BioWare\{Mass Effect + game number}\Saves
DA games -> My Documents\BioWare\{Dragon Age + game number}\Characters\{character name}\Saves

#498 rgd2blck

rgd2blck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is the DoW pack worth it for $5 to just get Titan's Quest and Retribution? I don't care about the other stuff. I'm thinking the answer is yes.

#499 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

^^^^
Considering Titan's Quest GOLD regularly goes for $5 and people think that's a good deal; then I would say yes.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#500 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

THIS.
EA been trying to push Origin (EADM) on us for years.

EDIT:

Saves for many of BioWare's recent games (DAO and newer) go in...
...My Documents\BioWare\{game name}

And the 30$ price has stayed the same since launch? (On Steam, I mean) :hot:

Edit: Nevermind, It was cheaper a month ago, I'll wait then :)

#501 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Is the DoW pack worth it for $5 to just get Titan's Quest and Retribution? I don't care about the other stuff. I'm thinking the answer is yes.

TQ is awesome if you ever wanted a Diablo 2 clone in Greece - so yes!
I can't speak on Retribution - but given it comes w/ Retribution and a lot of DLC, I'd again say YES.

I own most of the damn THQ stuff, so this deal's missing the carrot to get to buy it.
Namely, it's missing Soulstorm.

#502 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

And the 30$ price has stayed the same since launch? (On Steam, I mean) :hot:

Edit: Nevermind, It was cheaper a month ago, I'll wait then :)

MSRP? It didn't launch at $30 but it's been that price for about a year so it will probably stay at $30, though there is a ton of content there so I don't think it's an unfair price personally.

Oh you mean sale price? No, it regularly goes on sale but usually only a couple of times a year during the big sales.

http://www.steampric...ltimate-edition

But anyway I think as far as Steam goes barring a drop in the MSRP which doesn't seem to likely at this point, then $7.50 (75% off) will probably be as cheap as you will get it for, at least from the US region.

#503 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

DOW Pack
^^
wow I own all of that stuff, minus 1-2 little DLC items.
Crazy awesome deal, even w/o the $5 coupon.

#504 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

If the First Dawn of War and its expansion is non-Steam, can I still gift the key to my friend? Where would my friend redeem the key on? Thanks guys

#505 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

MSRP? It didn't launch at $30 but it's been that price for about a year so it will probably stay at $30, though there is a ton of content there so I don't think it's an unfair price personally.

Oh you mean sale price? No, it regularly goes on sale but usually only a couple of times a year during the big sales.

http://www.steampric...ltimate-edition

But anyway I think as far as Steam goes barring a drop in the MSRP which doesn't seem to likely at this point, then $7.50 (75% off) will probably be as cheap as you will get it for, at least from the US region.

Yeah, 7.50$ is a good price for me. I can wait :D
If I buy it from Steam and activate all the 9 pieces of DLC over my Bioware Account, will they be available on my copy of DA:O on Origin? I guess the answer is: YES, right? :lol:

#506 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, 7.50$ is a good price for me. I can wait :D
If I buy it from Steam and activate all the 9 pieces of DLC over my Bioware Account, will they be available on my copy of DA:O on Origin? I guess the answer is: YES, right? :lol:

I believe so, yes. The DLC isn't tied to any particular client but rather to your Bioware account, or I guess Origin account login now since they merged them.

You may need to redownload the actual files in some cases but there are places to do that like the wiki.

#507 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I believe so, yes. The DLC isn't tied to any particular client but rather to your Bioware account, or I guess Origin account login now since they merged them.

You may need to redownload the actual files in some cases but there are places to do that like the wiki.

Thanks. So, if I buy the pack from Amazon I'll only get the Origin stuff, but, If I wait for a price drop for the DA:O Ultimate edition on Steam (hopefully 7.50$ at 75% off) then I'll have everything on Steam and Origin as well, right? 8-)

#508 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

this might be a weird question, but if I already have DA games in my Origin and I want it on Steam. can I play the game on Steam with my EA account? and do I get extra activation keys?

and the DoW pack hasn't started yet :\

#509 clickpow

clickpow

Zeus himself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Waiting for the deal to go live
:cold:

#510 kitara91

kitara91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!