Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5071 MFZ

MFZ

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

EDIT: I'm not super confident we'll get more keys at this point, my Paradox folks are still in Iceland and not back until next week. Due to the timezone difference I was hoping to get have keys in my inbox when I woke up this morning. No such luck.

Next week, hm. Will the coupons be extended?

Regards,
MFZ

#5072 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

It's ok, I trust that you will try to get the best price possible.
One reason why I am asking for it, is because I am pretty sure someone is going to be selling a lego bundle activated on steam, its in the steam registry. http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/19222
The apps tab on that includes all WB lego games.
It won't be a bundle sold on steam itself, because under billing type it says "ProofOfPrepurchaseOnly" which is a key, and items sold on steam itself under billing type say "BillOnceOnly"
Don't know who will be selling it, or if it will ever actually happen, even anytime soon.
Was hoping you can get a seperate key version :)

Nice catch. I wonder who has this in the works then? It'll be definite buy from me, but I would like to support Amazon of course.

#5073 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Good call out, I pulled it from the OP until I know if we'll get more keys today. I meant to do it last night but had to crash. I don't want people who aren't following the thread to show up and wonder why I'm linking to something without a buy box.

EDIT: I'm not super confident we'll get more keys at this point, my Paradox folks are still in Iceland and not back until next week. Due to the timezone difference I was hoping to get have keys in my inbox when I woke up this morning. No such luck.

I'll keep you updated, I'm going to a concert tonight (Woooo MUSE!) and taking off from work at 3:45 PST, I'll update before I leave the office.

Cheers,
Tony

This post made me sad :cry: , all because my body needs sleep I don't get amazing deal.... /cry

I don't blame Tony I blame...the Norwegians!!!! Stupid time differences!

But I would love a Paradox pack opportunity of at all in your power Tony. Thanks!
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#5074 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Tony,

Have you given any consideration to doing a tie-in with Amazon Prime customers? Something like a free game periodically, coupons, or a static discount? Prime is a bit costly unless you really make use of it (which I happily do). I'm just wondering if it would be a way to cross-promote that would boost both sides.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#5075 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I can pitch a full bundle but there's no way we'd get both HP, both Batman and LOTRO for $20, there's too many licensing fees involved in what you just described, which is why we try and bundle stuff in which licensing fees all go to the same person when possible (Lego stuff goes to Lego and they pay out their own licensing fees from the IPs for Batman, Lotro, Batman all goes to a different group, Lotro goes to yet another). We've tested cross licensed bundles before the pricepoints generally aren't as attractive.

Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Tony

Is it possible to get them all on sale separately, then treat it like an a la carte option?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5076 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

It's ok, I trust that you will try to get the best price possible.
One reason why I am asking for it, is because I am pretty sure someone is going to be selling a lego bundle activated on steam, its in the steam registry. http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/19222
The apps tab on that includes all WB lego games.
It won't be a bundle sold on steam itself, because under billing type it says "ProofOfPrepurchaseOnly" which is a key, and items sold on steam itself under billing type say "BillOnceOnly"
Don't know who will be selling it, or if it will ever actually happen, even anytime soon.
Was hoping you can get a seperate key version :)

It's a promotion from GAME in the UK. I'm not sure when it goes live, what the price point will be, or whether it will be available outside of the UK.

#5077 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

awesome!
i've tried using Excel for stuff like this.. but never had the persistence to continue after awhile.. :/

if only there's a cool Chrome extension or something

Excell is excellent for this kind of simple storage. I'd love to know of a good site for cd-key storage that provides other services as well.

#5078 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I can pitch a full bundle but there's no way we'd get both HP, both Batman and LOTRO for $20, there's too many licensing fees involved in what you just described, which is why we try and bundle stuff in which licensing fees all go to the same person when possible (Lego stuff goes to Lego and they pay out their own licensing fees from the IPs for Batman, Lotro, Batman all goes to a different group, Lotro goes to yet another). We've tested cross licensed bundles before the pricepoints generally aren't as attractive.

Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Tony

I think a HP+LOTR bundle for $10-12 like the previous Batman+HP one would be slick for those of us who decided Batman Lego 2 was worth it on its own.

Also, you might try an "Essential Batman: For The Kid and the Adult" bundle where you have Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City GOTY, Batman Lego 1, and Batman Lego 2 in one low priced bundle. Essential Batman for diehard fans of two different age groups. Something to build up to the launch of Injustice with Kevin Conroy as Batman.

Btw, any chance you're building up Capcom contacts so you can give us some deals on the new DmC's Steam keys? I want that game, but that $50 is far too much for a single player game that I'll enjoy just the once.

#5079 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Excell is excellent for this kind of simple storage. I'd love to know of a good site for cd-key storage that provides other services as well.

Google docs? That's what I use. 'Course I wouldn't put anything too valuable there, just extra indie keys and stuff.

#5080 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Disappointing but not terribly surprising. I held off using my coupon on the CKII pack planning to get the 2012 Paradox pack. Is there any chance of extending the coupons through Saturday on those other Paradox packs if the 2012 keys don't come in?

#5081 Zomby2D

Zomby2D

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

would there be anyway to let us purchase the bundle knowing that we may not get keys for a week? kind of like a preorder?

I would love that. I don't mind waiting a few extra days for the keys, as long as I know I will get them whenever they are ready.

I was really hoping to get in on this deal because it rocks and it was at work when it was available.

I'm in the same boat. I was at work when the bundle came live, and there were already no more keys when I tried to purchase it on my break.

#5082 Evil Betty

Evil Betty

A tiny net is a death sentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm only reposting this here as I know there was at least one CAG in this thread looking for a GW2 deal and I'm not sure where he's located.

GGG has Guild Wars 2 - $22 Only available in Europe/UK, as these are European server keys.

Not sure if this was me you're referring to, but I've been harping on about GW2 since the EC promotion started. Oh, the rollercoaster-like high and low of seeing it for 22 bucks and then seeing it's EU only (I'm from the US). $22 is cheaper than I've ever seen it anywhere. :( Ah well, thank you for posting that anyways, Asheskitty. One of these days we'll see a stateside sale like that. C'mon Tony, twist the arms of those NCSoft guys and make it happen for February.... please?? :pray:

#5083 Ygh9RbNaijteh

Ygh9RbNaijteh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

... From what I can tell they never removed any of the settlers7 horrible drm which requires a constant on connection...

Indeed they didn't remove it.
That's exactly the reason why I won't buy it.

#5084 MastaNinja

MastaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Is the Fable bundle gone? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Found it through google search. I don't know why it wasn't popping up on the amazon search

#5085 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

these are some older games i'm still looking to get sometime this year if it's cheap.

call of duty black ops
call of duty waw
call of duty 4 mw
two worlds 2 (can't find steam version on amazon)
risen 2

Edited by darcmin, 02 February 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#5086 MrsKryten

MrsKryten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm only reposting this here as I know there was at least one CAG in this thread looking for a GW2 deal and I'm not sure where he's located.

GGG has Guild Wars 2 - $22 Only available in Europe/UK, as these are European server keys.

Thanks for the lead! I live in the states but perhaps one of the other GW2 deal seekers can take advantage of this.

#5087 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Good call out, I pulled it from the OP until I know if we'll get more keys today. I meant to do it last night but had to crash. I don't want people who aren't following the thread to show up and wonder why I'm linking to something without a buy box.

I'll keep you updated, I'm going to a concert tonight (Woooo MUSE!) and taking off from work at 3:45 PST, I'll update before I leave the office.

Cheers,
Tony

If this happens would it be possible to run it as a deal of the week instead? No more EC coupon, but $15 for that bundle is still a smashing deal.

#5088 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Tony, are the hamsters resting now?

#5089 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

What potential deals might be there during Feb ? :)
Posted Image

#5090 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hey Tony,

So maybe I'm alone in thinking this and I feel like people bug you a lot about these things as it is but would there be anyway to let us purchase the bundle knowing that we may not get keys for a week? kind of like a preorder?

I'd be up for a 'pre-order' like this.

#5091 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

these are some older games i'm still looking to get sometime this year if it's cheap.

call of duty black ops
call of duty waw
call of duty mw4
risen 2

Risen 2 is listed at $10 right now.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#5092 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'll also hop on the pre-order camp, it really sucks if we can't use our ECs on them.

#5093 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

call of duty black ops
call of duty waw
call of duty mw4

lol

edit: we all want those super cheap but until fanboys quit showering activision with their money every time they crank out another CoD we won't see it.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5094 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

@TONY
Anything you can share yet about what will actually be next week's Deal of the Week...?

#5095 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

call of duty black ops
call of duty waw
call of duty mw4

I can get down w/ this...
...but, I don't see Activision letting this games hit cheap, given how WELL that COD series sells.

BTW - there is no MW4...yet.
Last MW game was MW3.

risen 2

Already got these two.

About Two Worlds 2 - I bought that (Base Game Only) from Retail a long while back; and also bought the GOTY Edition (for POTFF) from Gamersgate.
I made sure I went Non-Steam on that b/c Steam version would use both Reality Pump's Homebrew DRM + Steam DRM.
Steam-Version really shouldn't even have to deal w/ Reality Pump's DRM, if you ask me - I'm just saying. {shrug}
3rd party DRM + Steam DRM is absolute bullcrap.

About Risen 2 - won that in a contest from GameFront, not too long after the game was released. :D

#5096 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Lucky sumbitch! Bellamy is so good live, have fun. ;)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5097 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

@TONY
Anything you can share yet about what will actually be next week's Deal of the Week...?

And isn't Sasha and Homer supposed to be back? :)

#5098 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Anyone else get a 5GB update for War of the Roses today? What is that all about?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5099 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Anyone else get a 5GB update for War of the Roses today? What is that all about?

Yes I did, and refer to these two threads for why there was such a large update.

http://forum.paradox...al-preparation

http://forum.paradox...ntion-Articles

IF I read it correctly, aside from the minor changes there is going to be a new version of war of the roses released as Kingmaker edition, a free upgrade for all those that own the game that includes new maps and Assault and Assault Gate modes. There will be a free trial of the game and in preperation of that this patch puts that in place. The edition should release at the end of March. And there will be a Brian Blessed voice over premium DLC for $4.99 sometime this month. That is all paraphrasing and off memory but if you read those you will get more detailed information. Hope that helps and I'm pretty excited the new stuff looks like it will help the longevity of the game.

EDIT refer to this article. http://www.digitalsp...-roses-dlc.html

#5100 xamon

xamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

They are updates for the games. Here is a comprehensive list of what it included.