Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5131 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Clearly the best solution is to convert all EC leftover amounts into promo credit eligible for PC digital downloads only that expire once the month is over. Did I say month? I meant year. Or week. Or whatever makes that more likely to occur in any remote way.

I have like 5 EC credits left...if you didnt use them you didnt use them. Im not gonna whine about it...I knew the risks and it is what it is. Lets get the next weeks sale goin

#5132 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I see "Fable Bundle $10" in the title, but cannot find it in the original post (or on Amazon yet). Any help please?
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#5133 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Aye agreed, would have liked to at least grab CKII if the 2012 pack wasn't gonna make it. Rather bummed I didn't get either. But the truth is Tony you've done an amazing job the last two months, and I hope the coming year is just as awesome : )

BTW I can't remember but was the Prototype Bundle from a few months ago, said to never be coming again or something like that? I have horrible memory issues but I thought I read someone saying we weren't going to see it again. Just out of curiosity.

Happy February all!

#5134 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

I see "Fable Bundle $10" in the title, but cannot find it in the original post (or on Amazon yet). Any help please?

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00B86BPW2

#5135 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

lol...The college programming courses we all took sure have paid off, huh? We're all geniuses!

I bet he's still on AOL.

Google docs? That's what I use. 'Course I wouldn't put anything too valuable there, just extra indie keys and stuff.

Tried that, but it got posted on reddit. >.<

Would there honestly be a notable performance loss with an external installed game running through a 3.0 port though?

I don't have one of them newfangled USB 3 ports myself, but USB 1 & 2 had terrible CPU utilization (and no DMA), but hey, it's an Intel standard -- maybe you should buy a new CPU. So I was wondering if USB3 is similarly bad -- quick searching revealed not as bad, but it still can chew 12% load.

Honestly, I'd just copy whatever on/off an internal.

ref: http://www.myce.com/...3/#.UQyWYqVEEns

Cheap enclosures not only suffer from poor thermals, but often have powersupplies that aren't robust.

Spoiler
Where I live, they give 2 years warranty for "any" HDD :lol:
Spoiler

Now go snag GW2 @ $22 so we can envy you more, Euro-CAG! ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5136 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

am admittedly a bit pissed that the Paradox bundle didn't come through and I saved a key for it, but I understand it's not Tony's fault or anything. Paradox's reps didn't come through.

#5137 lachrymoses

lachrymoses

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I found it here.

#5138 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

am admittedly a bit pissed that the Paradox bundle didn't come through and I saved a key for it, but I understand it's not Tony's fault or anything. Paradox's reps didn't come through.

You seriously think a big company like Paradox should be easily able to just get one person to generate the keys approve and forward them to amazon in a very short time frame :/
Posted Image

#5139 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

You seriously think a big company like Paradox should be easily able to just get one person to generate the keys approve and forward them to amazon in a very short time frame :/

Generating keys is like printing money. I'm assuming that the process to approve it isn't a short/quick one, and the people with the authority to approve it were at that meeting in Iceland.

#5140 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Generating keys is like printing money. I'm assuming that the process to approve it isn't a short/quick one, and the people with the authority to approve it were at that meeting in Iceland.

That seems kind of silly for a business to put a transaction on hold (and to a big customer as well) because the important people aren't there to approve (or put aside time to do it). Having said that, like you said we have no idea how this all works. Hopefully something positive happens for the people waiting for these keys to turn up :)
Posted Image

#5141 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Instead of waiting, you could mosey on over to the Steam trading thread. I just got very competitive prices on Crusader Kings 2 and Warlock from some great CAGs over there. Yeah I didn't get all the CK2 DLC but considering the learning curve on that game if I ever get to the point where I feel the DLC becomes a must have I'm sure I'll be happy to pay for it then.

I also had an EC coupon saved specifically for the 2012 bundle. Hope Tony can work something out. I definitely spent more at Amazon than I had planned because of the EC promotion and am not entirely happy about it. No offense Tony, I know you're doing your best.

#5142 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Instead of waiting, you could mosey on over to the Steam trading thread. I just got very competitive prices on Crusader Kings 2 and Warlock from some great CAGs over there. Yeah I didn't get all the CK2 DLC but considering the learning curve on that game if I ever get to the point where I feel the DLC becomes a must have I'm sure I'll be happy to pay for it then.

You don't really need any of the CK2 DLC to enjoy the game, either... it's perfectly playable without it. Most of it is cosmetic (extra graphics and music) and simply adds flavor to the game -- it's nice to have, but it's not essential by any means. If you find yourself enjoying the game, you'll probably want to eventually pick up Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, and The Republic (and maaaaaaybe Sunset Invasion), as these are the "expansion" DLC that add actual content to the game -- mostly in making people playable (Muslims, Republics, greatly enhancing the Byzantine/Orthodox experience), but with a few other additions, as well.

#5143 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I can get down w/ this...
...but, I don't see Activision letting this games hit cheap, given how WELL that COD series sells.

BTW - there is no MW4...yet.
Last MW game was MW3.

i typed it wrong, should be cod 4 mw.

http://www.amazon.co...dern warfare pc

#5144 Valhalla

Valhalla

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I just wanted to thank Tony for all he's done to make these deals happen! I've been lurking on here since December and finally registered for an account.

My EC purchases on 7 EC coupons:

The Secret World
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete
DOW Franchise Pack
EA Sports Classic Pack
Microsoft Arcade / Indie Pack
Microsoft Fable Bundle
Crusader Kings Pack

Thanks again Tony!

#5145 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

$7.5 for a complete pack/edition is the sweet spot for me. My backlog's far too large for it to be worth me paying $10 for just the base game when it's bound to be cheaper before I get around to playing it.

i'd buy it at that price of $7.50 complete or $6 for just the base game.

#5146 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

You should also try the Game of Thrones mod for CK2. It is AWESOME!

http://citadel.proph.../topic2269.html

I have been trying to get some cheap deals on the DLCs I want, but my need to trade via steam wallet is hindered by the fact that Steam is tending to just put devalued games up for sale and everyone already got those from Amazon :)

#5147 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

My January EC purchases?
In reverse order:

Paradox Majesty Franchise
Paradox War Chest
Age of Empires 3 Complete
Microsoft 5-game arcade pack
Far Cry 3
Need for Speed The Run
DOW Franchise Pack
Alice: Madness Returns
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Hotline Miami
Max Payne 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
The Secret World
Mass Effect 3
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami

Thanks Tony and Amazon!

#5148 Xacradin

Xacradin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I also had an EC coupon saved specifically for the 2012 bundle. Hope Tony can work something out. I definitely spent more at Amazon than I had planned because of the EC promotion and am not entirely happy about it. No offense Tony, I know you're doing your best.

dont lose hope yet, its not the end of sat yet :D

#5149 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Still never saw any resolution on what drm is on these. From what I can tell they never removed any of the settlers7 horrible drm which requires a constant on connection. It thinks your connection is dropped and the game pauses. They have promised for 6mo to remove it on their forums and have shown no progress at all.

Id have loved to buy this pack but with all the issues I see out there on it I just couldnt pull the trigger. Just a warning for others in case you were thinking about it

I have about a dozen games on uPlay and yeah Settlers 7 is the only one that doesn't work in offline mode. Not a problem for me, I have always on internet. But if you don't, or live in a rural area or something with an unreliable connection then yeah - it's a problem.

The only other game I have from the bundle is Anno 1404 (what you guys call Dawn of Discovery in the States) and it doesn't use uPlay. And as far as I'm aware, isn't a Settlers game... :D It is very good though.
I don't have any of the older Settlers games but I suspect they also pre-date uPlay.

#5150 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

You should also try the Game of Thrones mod for CK2. It is AWESOME!

http://citadel.proph.../topic2269.html

I have been trying to get some cheap deals on the DLCs I want, but my need to trade via steam wallet is hindered by the fact that Steam is tending to just put devalued games up for sale and everyone already got those from Amazon :)

Yep, only reason I even bought CK2 to begin with. :) Looking forward to the next GoT season on Netflix disc...

I ended up using all my EC coupons since I didn't think the 2012 Paradox pack would be back due to it being the weekend already in Europe and getting more things to trade with will balance out stuff in that pack.

#5151 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

you can send it to WD directly if RMA needed-blacks have 5 years worldwide guarantee
even receipt is not needed,they check serial

Wow! didn't know that, thank you so much. The problem however with HDDs is that data is always more important than the drive itself and with shipping costs, I may not be able to RMA :D. Anyway, I think I am gonna replace some of the 1.0TB drives with 3.0TB soon and will definitely get WD Black.

Now go snag GW2 @ $22 so we can envy you more, Euro-CAG! ^_~

Actually I am not "Euro". Well, I am pretty close to Europe (Egypt) but most stores (Steam, GMG and Gamersgate) are in USD while Origin and Ubishop are in Euros.
I can't find GW2 on GGG at all, says: "Product not found" and I don't really know why, is it because of my region or they took the deal down. :cry:

fs_pc.png

#5152 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

So does EC coupons get more extended time on 2012 pack or are they gone now?First no DLCs with Fable pack and now this.Quite annoying.

#5153 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

So no 2012 pack... well, I'll wait for the ultimate 2013 pack... not a big issue since I'm already playing EU3.

#5154 ech0

ech0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Honestly, I hope they're able to put the 2012 pack up next week even without the coupon. I'd happily pay $14.99 for the games included.

#5155 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Honestly, I hope they're able to put the 2012 pack up next week even without the coupon. I'd happily pay $14.99 for the games included.

We should still be able to use the coupon, since the deal started before the end of the month. I was also holding my coupon out for this deal, and it would just seem wasted.

#5156 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Anyone know how long the fable bundle is good for? Is fable III worth playing if I haven't played any of the other 2?
Posted Image

#5157 Xacradin

Xacradin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Anyone know how long the fable bundle is good for? Is fable III worth playing if I haven't played any of the other 2?

fable 2 only on Xbox, its quite good game for $5 if you bought it couple days ago offers until end of sat i believe (end of 2 feb)

#5158 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

fable 2 only on Xbox, its quite good game for $5 if you bought it couple days ago offers until end of sat i believe (end of 2 feb)

Oh, I missed it for 5 bux. I wouldn't be upset paying 10 just for 3. The Lost Chapters would be kind of a bonus, though I doubt I would play it. As long as its not a story that would be lost on me without playing 1 or 2... then I'll bite. Yeah, I see that fable 2 was not on pc.. which is kind of baffling. Based on that I would think fable 3 would be an acceptable place to start, right?

Edit: Oh, I bet this bundle was 5 bux with an EC coupon. I wouldn't have been eligible, I used my last one on the microsoft bundle. So no worries there

Edited by shaggyc, 02 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.
Epiphany

Posted Image

#5159 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

i typed it wrong, should be cod 4 mw.

http://www.amazon.co...dern warfare pc

Ahh, got cha!
COD4:MW is a classic all around - I'm just saying.

#5160 UselessB

UselessB

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Oh, I missed it for 5 bux. I wouldn't be upset paying 10 just for 3. The Lost Chapters would be kind of a bonus, though I doubt I would play it. As long as its not a story that would be lost on me without playing 1 or 2... then I'll bite. Yeah, I see that fable 2 was not on pc.. which is kind of baffling. Based on that I would think fable 3 would be an acceptable place to start, right?

Edit: Oh, I bet this bundle was 5 bux with an EC coupon. I wouldn't have been eligible, I used my last one on the microsoft bundle. So no worries there

I've been watching for the Fable bundle, but can't find it. No link on the front page either unless I'm blind.