Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5191 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

B/c I think Activision is RICH and selling LOTS of copies of BO2. ;)

Rule of thumb - if people keep buy your game at X price, why drop the price?
{shrug}

Maybe I'm just bad at business, but if people kept buying my game at X price, I'd throw them a bone as a thank you for buying my game at X price and breaking sales records.

#5192 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Can you get both in Toy Soldiers? As in I can start it, collect all the achievements, exit then start it over again and choose Steam the next time? Or is it a once you pick that's it deal?

I believe you can get both (have not played it yet) but each time you launch the game you select either GFWL or Steamworks. Basically you have two version of the same game downloaded and choose which one to launch.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#5193 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

I believe you can get both (have not played it yet) but each time you launch the game you select either GFWL or Steamworks. Basically you have two version of the same game downloaded and choose which one to launch.

Sweet. That's what I was hoping for. Really tempted now. Hmm...

#5194 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Honestly, I just want World at War to hit $5 or so for all the zombie DLC and the custom maps. Black Ops 2 just isn't fun for me. Grief's pretty good, I'll have to admit, but Tranzit was just disappointing and they put so many annoying aspects to it.

#5195 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Delorian - Check (don't own, but there is at least one in my area, I'm sure I can "borrow" it)
Flux Capacitor - Check (supply cabinet)
Plutonium - Check (in saran-wrapped beaker in my fridge)

Now the real question... Should I go back in time for the January 2012 or January 2011 EC promo?

2011 it's a two-for-one deal.8-)
Posted Image

#5196 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Sorry guys to ask this, but im on Vacation on a hotel in Andes Mountains with very slow internet connection, so slow it takes minutes to access Amazon site.

What happened to Paradox 2012 Pack (Crap some keys do not work on this keyboard). I have saved some EC coupons and some cash for this deal but I keep missing it. Thanks for the help.

#5197 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Sorry guys to ask this, but im on Vacation on a hotel in Andes Mountains with very slow internet connection, so slow it takes minutes to access Amazon site.

What happened to Paradox 2012 Pack (Crap some keys do not work on this keyboard). I have saved some EC coupons and some cash for this deal but I keep missing it. Thanks for the help.

Thats dedication. Vacationing in a mountain paradise, but still checking and posting on CAG.

As for the Paradox deal, it sold out wicked fast on Thursday (I think) then they were talking about offering it again today I thought, but there were tons of issues with people not getting keys and not being able to access them that I'm assuming they scrapped the idea of doing it again.

#5198 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Thanks, OP. Just got Stronghold HD from the Free-2-Play page.
Posted Image

#5199 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Thats dedication. Vacationing in a mountain paradise, but still checking and posting on CAG.

As for the Paradox deal, it sold out wicked fast on Thursday (I think) then they were talking about offering it again today I thought, but there were tons of issues with people not getting keys and not being able to access them that I'm assuming they scrapped the idea of doing it again.

3am - 6am EST ... by 7 am they were sold out. We all were having issues apparently because Amazons "show product key" function freaks out with large numbers of keys (i.e. some of the crazy bundles Tony's been sending our direction)

I haven't heard from Tony since his Muse concert last night (probably sleeping it off) as to whether or not they were gunning for more keys. He kept saying all his contacts were in Iceland. Damned well they should be as Paradox-Con is going down in Rekkjavik this weekend so it's kinda hard to work on the road.....

#5200 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

What is humorous about the bundle is that you're able to buy all of the individual games of the bundle if you look at each of them, but they're preventing us from buying the bundle because of the DLC codes for some of the games not being available?

Why not let us just buy the bundle, get the games we can for now and then deal with the DLC later?

Seems silly to me.

Oh, well. I let 4 EC coupons expire already, so a 5th won't kill me.

#5201 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Maybe I'm just bad at business, but if people kept buying my game at X price, I'd throw them a bone as a thank you for buying my game at X price and breaking sales records.

You are bad at business. But you would be excellent at government work. Zing!

Just kidding!

Anyway, did Tony mention what the deal of the week will be for the upcoming week (I didn't see it in his last few posts)?

#5202 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

What is humorous about the bundle is that you're able to buy all of the individual games of the bundle if you look at each of them, but they're preventing us from buying the bundle because of the DLC codes for some of the games not being available?

Why not let us just buy the bundle, get the games we can for now and then deal with the DLC later?

Seems silly to me.

I think this is the weakness (feature?) of Amazon's current system for dealing with bundles. Everything in the bundle has to be available or the entire bundle becomes unavailable. In addition, I'm guessing that Amazon's retail storefront doesn't do backorders - ie, it's not going to sell you something that Amazon doesn't have in inventory. That would mean a single inconsquential DLC running out will shut down the whole bundle. Seems silly, but it protects the retailer (Amazon) from customer complaints of non-delivery of product, which is far more serious than simply being out of stock. See what that did to Gamersgate.

(The disappearing key issue was different, of course. The product was sold and it was in our digital inventory, we just couldn't view it due to system congestion.

In other words, Tony Broke Amazon. :bouncy: )

#5203 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Oh, well. I let 4 EC coupons expire already, so a 5th won't kill me.

That seems to be the odd part of the whole issue. I would have each bundle would have had their own set of keys set aside (a mini pool). Because of that game and shortage of its DLC it cause the paradox pack to be stalled, which imho means all the keys come from the same pool unfortunately :/.
Posted Image

#5204 Zaraki_Kenpachi

Zaraki_Kenpachi

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Does Fable 3 have any DLC for it?

#5205 metalkidz

metalkidz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Please make it happen Tony; Fifa 12 for 5 bucks; i need something to test my new gamepad :bouncy:

#5206 Cheesepile

Cheesepile

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Anything at midnight tonight? Or are we just seeing some deals expire? Unsure if I should buy Fable 3 or hold out for an upcoming deal (on a very low budget at the moment)

#5207 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Anything at midnight tonight? Or are we just seeing some deals expire? Unsure if I should buy Fable 3 or hold out for an upcoming deal (on a very low budget at the moment)

If you're going to buy Fable 3, do it now, or you'll be missing out on the deal.
The last of the January deals are expiring in about 3 hours, and there's no news on any future deals until possibly some vague "Farewell to February" deal.. most likely at the end of February.

#5208 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

There's usually a new weekly deal every Sunday, not sure if there was any word on what the new one is this week.

#5209 JujuFish

JujuFish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

3am - 6am EST ... by 7 am they were sold out.

I was up until 4AM and it was unavailable the entire time for me. Then I got up 4 hours later to check again, and still unavailable, and has been unavailable every time I look.

#5210 yknitS

yknitS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

How About TERA 90% off only Sunday? ;)

#5211 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

You are bad at business. But you would be excellent at government work. Zing!

Na, he follows logic.

elessar123.png

#5212 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

There was a hint of a dungeon siege bundle for feb in this post.

#5213 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

There was a hint of a dungeon siege bundle for feb in this post.

Tony had seemed to confirm that it will be the deal of the week this week. If so, it should flip in a few hours.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDG6 - $11.99 from 2/3-2/9 but I think he was asking how much it was on Steam. Which I don't know.

Cheers,
Tony

#5214 2wicked

2wicked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Tony had seemed to confirm that it will be the deal of the week this week. If so, it should flip in a few hours.

Knew there was a post with a link and a date just couldn't find it.
Thanks! :applause:

#5215 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Knew there was a post with a link and a date just couldn't find it.
Thanks! :applause:

Glad I could help. It'll be good to have a link up. I kept doubting the deal, and it took me forever to find it every time I tried. :lol:

#5216 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

I decided to bite on the Microsoft bundle. Who knows if and when I'll ever get to the games, but it's nice to have them I suppose. I might do a quick run of ITSP in the next couple of days though. It's a blast and I know I can squeeze out a bunch of achievements.

#5217 2wicked

2wicked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Glad I could help. It'll be good to have a link up. I kept doubting the deal, and it took me forever to find it every time I tried. :lol:

It's now listed as deal of the week on the digital games page price hasn't flipped yet.
Edit: price flipped also this Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection $16.99 origin keys

#5218 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

The Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack is now listed as $225.63 instead of the $14.99 it was earlier. Keys are still unavailable. Does that mean the sale's over? :cry::cry::cry:

#5219 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

I just got an e-mail telling me to check out the deals this week. It had listed all the deals that just expired at midnight even though the e-mail was sent at 12:24am. So it might be better if e-mails went out when deals were active. (Not that it bothers me as I check here anyway)

#5220 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

The Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack is now listed as $225.63 instead of the $14.99 it was earlier. Keys are still unavailable. Does that mean the sale's over? :cry::cry::cry:

Yep.