Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5281 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

lol, I don't need another MMO. Just finished Kingsmouth on TSW, playing SWTOR as well, and I wanna give RaiderZ a play.

If it was $5 right now so I could get founder's status for cheap(er)... maybe. ;)

You need to sign-up for ESO's beta too ;)

#5282 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

You need to sign-up for ESO's beta too ;)

Fuck.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5283 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

FYI - for those who have not downloaded/linked an account in stronghold kingdoms for the free stronghold hd offer:

once you link your account, you end up with a 5.99 credit. you then need to buy stronghold hd which comes out free with the credit. I had assumed you just get the game added at some point to your library but after a day decided to try and buy the hd and see what happens.

maybe some got an email with instructions but I didn't.

i ended up creating a new amazon account just for the free to play games so they wouldn't clutter up my main download library.

#5284 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

As you can get RA1 and C&C1 free now anyway, you're only really missing Generals and C&C 3 from the good ones.
RA3 is not good.

Really? I thought Red Alert 3 and the Yuki campaign in the expansion were excellent. The cutscenes are hilarious and the game has some of the best co-op AI I've seen in any game. It's not only competent, but you could actually do nothing in some missions and your AI partner could win for you.

Generals, I felt, suffered from being a bit too po-faced.

Also, FWIW, the free download versions of the older C&Cs are not optimized in any way; they're just disc images. As as owner of the original Red Alert and Tiberian Sun, I can testify to the fact that these will not run well on a modern system. Has anyone who owns the UC had any problems running the old games in Windows 8? I have an Amazon credit so I'm tempted to pick this pack up on the cheap, even though I own RA2, Yuri's Revenge, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath,RA3, RA3 exp, and C&C 4.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#5285 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Really? I thought Red Alert 3 and the Yuki campaign in the expansion were excellent. The cutscenes are hilarious and the game has some of the best co-op AI I've seen in any game. It's not only competent, but you could actually do nothing in some missions and your AI partner could win for you.

Also, FWIW, the free download versions of the older C&Cs are not optimized in any way; they're just disc images. As as owner of the original Red Alert and Tiberian Sun, I can testify to the fact that these will not run well on a modern system. Has anyone who owns the UC had any problems running the old games in Windows 8? I have an Amazon credit so I'm tempted to pick this pack up on the cheap, even though I own RA2, Yuri's Revenge, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath,RA3, RA3 exp, and C&C 4.

I was able to install and play the first one on win7 64.
There was another installer floating on the web, patched to work on newer system.
http://nyerguds.arsa...95upd/cc95p106/

#5286 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

RA 3 is too zoomed in, cartoony and colourful for my tastes
I can't get Tiberian Sun to work but C&C and RA1 work fine on Windows 8 x64 for me.
I needed to use the C&C Graphics Patcher to make RA2 run at playable framerate but everything else works as supplied. I was also slightly bemused that my current gaming computer can't run RA2 fast enough (without the patch). :D

Edited by targetbsp, 04 February 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#5287 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

RA 3 is too zoomed in, cartoony and colourful for my tastes
I can't get Tiberian Sun to work but C&C and RA1 work fine on Windows 8 x64 for me.
I needed to use the C&C Graphics Patcher to make RA2 run at playable framerate but everything else works as supplied. I was also slightly bemused that my current gaming computer can't run RA2 fast enough (without the patch). :D

Yeah, it's weird how that works. Thanks for the info. BTW, RA2 is worth it. It and Yuri's Revenge are arguably the best of the series. As far as RA3 goes, I guess it just boils down to personal tastes; to me, it was like taking the zaniness from the second installment and cranking it up to 11.

I'm going to have to break down and reinstall Tiberium Twilight one of these days. I had it on my old hard drive and it was a struggle to get through each mission because the gameplay was so terrible. I want to see the story's resolution, but that horrible infinite-unit-spawn-from-mobile-bases mechanic just led to these ridiculously drawn-out skirmishes where you could claim small bits of a map at a time--it's the worst kind of tedium and frustration (I know people love this series but it reminded me of what I didn't like about Company of Heroes).

Edited by warreni, 04 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

698770.png

#5288 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Yeah RA2 is my favourite as well. :)

#5289 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hey Tony, will WB or Sega be doing any sales this month? My backlog is thinning and I think I'm ready for Batman: AC now.

#5290 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone who owns the UC had any problems running the old games in Windows 8? I have an Amazon credit so I'm tempted to pick this pack up on the cheap, even though I own RA2, Yuri's Revenge, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath,RA3, RA3 exp, and C&C 4.

They run fine for me in Windows 8. I should say that I haven't played them for hours and hours, but I did briefly go through all of them to make sure they at least run period and they did.

#5291 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yeah. Been using it for Mass Effect 3 for a year, and it's fairly competent at what it's supposed to do.

It even works for me, and my internet connection is two deer antlers and a hamster-powered router ;)

76561198039756693.png

#5292 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

They run fine for me in Windows 8. I should say that I haven't played them for hours and hours, but I did briefly go through all of them to make sure they at least run period and they did.

Cool, thanks!
698770.png

#5293 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hey Tony, will WB or Sega be doing any sales this month? My backlog is thinning and I think I'm ready for Batman: AC now.

then you should be asking for a warner bros sale :D

Hand__Of__God.png

#5294 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

then you should be asking for a warner bros sale :D

What do you think WB stands for?

#5295 Deques

Deques

CAG Noob Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

i guess amazon wont sell Tera for $5?

#5296 Vodoochild81

Vodoochild81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I can't believe I missed that I Microsoft sale. That deal was amazing

#5297 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys,

As you can tell...I was gone this wekeend. I also won't be around a whole lot until next week. We have an often asked about, yet still not available for digital purchase, publisher on site tomorrow and I've been putting together my dog and pony show.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5298 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys,

As you can tell...I was gone this wekeend. I also won't be around a whole lot until next week. We have an often asked about, yet still not available for digital purchase, publisher on site tomorrow and I've been putting together my dog and pony show.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh you tease you. Hmmmmmm my guess is Stardock. How was the concert btw?

#5299 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I have the first decade on dvd and c&c 3, 4 and RA3 on steam. Is there any benefit buying the amazon pack? I don't like messing with dvds, so I know I'll end up buying it... The question is "when". I don't think this pack will have a huge discount anytime soon... So I'm tempted to buy it now...

#5300 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Good luck with that often talked about publisher, I would love to see their digital games on Amazon. And maybe some great deals will follow!

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#5301 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Good luck Tony!

Time to convince them Amazon is has hit the big time from it's humble roots at
Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5302 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

It's not F2P yet (Feb 5th). It's worth asking.

Another key point that a lot of people are missing the Tera / TSW comparison. TSW is Buy2Play so the sale price is a real discount if one ever want to play it. Tera is going Free2Play so we'll be able to play it for free, buying now only gets Founders status (which looks pretty nice).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5303 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

I'm betting Bethesda. They're so big, it's hard to imagine they aren't a big target for The Amazon Dog and Pony Show hosted by Amazon "I gots big deals I cannot lie!" Tony. The Reigning Digital Deal Smackdown King.

When he walks into a room, they don't ask, "Where's the deals?" They ask, "How epic are the deals today?"

#5304 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have the first decade on dvd and c&c 3, 4 and RA3 on steam. Is there any benefit buying the amazon pack? I don't like messing with dvds, so I know I'll end up buying it... The question is "when". I don't think this pack will have a huge discount anytime soon... So I'm tempted to buy it now...

IMO, The First Decade was a giant ripoff. EA just slapped the games on some DVDs and said to customers, "Good luck getting this legacy software to run on your system and thanks for the $50!"
698770.png

#5305 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm betting Bethesda.

That's also what I was thinking.

76561197971332172.png

#5306 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Nah Stardock doesn't have enough dragons.

Also, some of you jokers might want to enter this:

http://www.amazon.co...ions/vg-crysis3

Last post for today, I'll update OP tonight.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5307 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

bethesda :applause:

Hand__Of__God.png

#5308 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Nah Stardock doesn't have enough dragons.

Oh they have some. They're just not quite as grandiose when you're viewing them from overhead rather than looking up and seeing them flying over you.

#5309 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm honestly surprised Bethesda has been a hold-out from Amazon DVG for as long as they have. They're on such a myriad of other DD sites that it seems strange such a large retailer would be excluded, but smaller sites like GamersGate or GreenManGaming wouldn't.
Posted Image

#5310 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Oh they have some. They're just not quite as grandiose when you're viewing them from overhead rather than looking up and seeing them flying over you.

I've heard it's not how big they are--it's how you use them.
698770.png