Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5311 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm honestly surprised Bethesda has been a hold-out from Amazon DVG for as long as they have. They're on such a myriad of other DD sites that it seems strange such a large retailer would be excluded, but smaller sites like GamersGate or GreenManGaming wouldn't.

Technically, GamersGate no longer has Bethesda titles.

#5312 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

They still carry all the e-Strategy Guides. :lol:
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#5313 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Nah Stardock doesn't have enough dragons.

Also, some of you jokers might want to enter this:

http://www.amazon.co...ions/vg-crysis3

Last post for today, I'll update OP tonight.

Cheers,
Tony

Another chance to use my 100% fake facebook account. :roll:

Hm, I wonder if it's temporary or if part of the pricing mistake means they aren't going to carry them anymore.

#5314 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hopefully it's Bethesda. I need a good deal on Dishonored :D

#5315 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'll get in that line.

76561197971332172.png

#5316 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hey guys,

As you can tell...I was gone this wekeend. I also won't be around a whole lot until next week. We have an often asked about, yet still not available for digital purchase, publisher on site tomorrow and I've been putting together my dog and pony show.

Cheers,
Tony

The hell with the dog and pony, show them the hamsters!!

#5317 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

BUNDLE OPTIONS!

- Dishonored + DLC for $20
- Skyrim + all DLC for $30
- Dishonored + Skyrim + all combined DLC for $40

#5318 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Dammit... I own pretty much everything Bethesda.

#5319 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Reasonably discounted (75% or more off) Skyrim and Dishonoured DLC? Yes please!

Quake 4 and Call of Cthulhu would be nice too.
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98).

#5320 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

So aside from Skyrim (not interested), Dishonored (probably they only Bethesda game i might like),the Fallout franchise (many fans including myself already have multiples of FO1,2,3 + New Vegas) & Oblivion what else interesting might they have?
Posted Image

#5321 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

So aside from Skyrim (not interested), Dishonored (probably they only Bethesda game i might like),the Fallout franchise (many fans including myself already have multiples of FO1,2,3 + New Vegas) & Oblivion what else interesting might they have?

Prey 2? Doom 4 someday. Deals on Rage. Btw, they don't own the rights to Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, do they? They made FO3 and NV. I imagine they'll pop out another Fallout here soon-ish.

But I mean, it's like me going, "Well, 2K's only got Bioshock 1&2 we already have, Borderlands 1 & 2, which we all already have. Every GTA we all have. Max Payne 1-3, yeah, we all have them. What else they got? Anything? ANYTHING AT ALL? No? Bored now..."

Perhaps Bethesda is just so great you already got their games elsewhere. ;) Doesn't mean we can't have some great deals for FUTURE titles we don't already have. The best thing about Bethesda is they're big Steam supporters. Steam keys all the way.

#5322 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

O ya! We need a Doom 3 BFG deal!

I know Tony wasn't talking about this, but when I read "Dog and pony show", my very first thought was this: http://www.emeralddowns.com/ [located about an hour outside of Seattle].
Oh!!! And I wonder why Bethesda is in Seattle? Is it to solely meet with Amazon [which is weird they have to vet Amazon], or are they also making a pit stop to Valve to ensure everything goes well tomorrow with the release of Dragonborn.

Edited by UW_Shocks, 05 February 2013 - 02:34 AM.
changed doom 4 to 3

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#5323 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

But I mean, it's like me going, "Well, 2K's only got Bioshock 1&2 we already have, Borderlands 1 & 2, which we all already have. Every GTA we all have. Max Payne 1-3, yeah, we all have them. What else they got? Anything? ANYTHING AT ALL? No? Bored now..."

I think the universal CAG answer to this by now is Mafia I and II. 8-)

#5324 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Bethesda Bundle for $28! Make it happen Tony! Include all future pre-orders and DLC as well.

#5325 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Bethesda Bundle for $28! Make it happen Tony! Include all future pre-orders and DLC as well.

Then add an option to convert the bundle into a 20% year-long discount on Amazon. :lol:

#5326 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'd like to see a bundle with all the Skyrim DLC (Dragonborn, Hearthfire, Dawnguard) for a good price. Otherwise Amazon is more than a little late to the party... Bethesda games are almost as widespread as HIB ones by now.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5327 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'd like to see a bundle with all the Skyrim DLC (Dragonborn, Hearthfire, Dawnguard) for a good price. Otherwise Amazon is more than a little late to the party... Bethesda games are almost as widespread as HIB ones by now.

Seconded.......Whats the sweet spot price point though 15~20$?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#5328 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I'd gladly wait a few months for $10. Might bite at $15 within the month though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5329 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

I think in all seriousness no discounts are going to be as crazy as some of you expect. It's a new dev with a new distributor and they aren't going to all of a sudden have super crazy never before seen sales. The Skyrim DLC and Skyrim itself rarely hit the 50% off threshold in the digital realm because it sells well and I don't see that changing for a while. Dishonored on the other hand might drop in price soon.

#5330 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

So you have some or all of the Bethesda games... that's great. It's not like they aren't going to release anything else in the future and this is a big boost for amazon and those that don't already have some Bethesda games. I'd love to see some CAGs get into Skyrim or Dishonored. They're great games that need more players. Way too much whining on this thread about good news.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5331 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

I think in all seriousness no discounts are going to be as crazy as some of you expect. It's a new dev with a new distributor and they aren't going to all of a sudden have super crazy never before seen sales. The Skyrim DLC and Skyrim itself rarely hit the 50% off threshold in the digital realm because it sells well and I don't see that changing for a while. Dishonored on the other hand might drop in price soon.

That's what we all said about the Microsoft sales too. ;)

Amazon is a big retailer that Bethesda hasn't tapped yet. They might start things off with a bang, who knows?

So you have some or all of the Bethesda games... that's great. It's not like they aren't going to release anything else in the future and this is a big boost for amazon and those that don't already have some Bethesda games. I'd love to see some CAGs get into Skyrim or Dishonored. They're great games that need more players. Way too much whining on this thread about good news.

Agreed. This calls for whining about the whining.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5332 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I dunno Fox those Microsoft bundles were pretty sick. Bethesda farewell to February crazy bonanza sale seems perfectly legit. Bethesda complete collection for $50!

#5333 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Prey 2? Doom 4 someday. Deals on Rage. Btw, they don't own the rights to Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, do they? They made FO3 and NV. I imagine they'll pop out another Fallout here soon-ish.

Actually, Obsidian developed Fallout: New Vegas.
Bethesda developed Fallout 3.

#5334 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

You do know Dragonborn releases for PC on Feb 5th for 20 bucks. I don't see a bundle for 15-20 bucks anywhere within sight, even if Amazon grabs a hold of them. If they managed to get Skyrim alone for 15 buck it would be an amazing deal.

#5335 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Actually, Obsidian developed Fallout: New Vegas.
Bethesda developed Fallout 3.

Too bad it's pretty much a mirror image of Fallout 3 as far as gameplay goes... with ironsights and a shoddy weapon modding system.

The dialogue is amazing in FNV, though. Besides that though, I really wish Obsidian did a better job with the game. With mods... best game ever. Without... not very impressive. I say that as a diehard Fallout fan too.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5336 qtheking

qtheking

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Tony,

Any update on the paradox debacle over the weekend?

#5337 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Tony,

Any update on the paradox debacle over the weekend?

Posted Image

#5338 qtheking

qtheking

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

But what about those other bundles... those are still there right?

#5339 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

But what about those other bundles... those are still there right?

Posted Image

"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5340 Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

tony,

any update on the paradox debacle over the weekend?

+1