Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#5341 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Actually, Obsidian developed Fallout: New Vegas.
Bethesda developed Fallout 3.

Yet Bethesda published it and owns the rights to it. ;) Unlike, say, Fallout or Fallout 2.

#5342 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

There used to be multiple pages of posts to go through a day, and now it's just one. :P
(Max posts per page, that is.)

Hopefully I can hunt down a War of the Roses code for cheap somewhere.

#5343 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

There used to be multiple pages of posts to go through a day, and now it's just one. :P
(Max posts per page, that is.)

Hopefully I can hunt down a War of the Roses code for cheap somewhere.

EC promotion is over so less deal talk. Also, with it over there's no talk about EC, which results in no one asking what the EC coupon is and how can they get one questions.

#5344 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

So i picked up the Dungeon Siege pack, absolutely loved Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, 3? Didn't so much like it on consoles but i heard there are camera fixes etc. for PC.

#5345 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

EC promotion is over so less deal talk. Also, with it over there's no talk about EC, which results in no one asking what the EC coupon is and how can they get one questions.

What's the EC coupon and where do I get one? ;)
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5346 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Tony,

Any update on the paradox debacle over the weekend?

What is it with the hyperbole? "Debacle", "fiasco", etc. Why make it seem like a big deal when it really isn't? :lol:

It's like calling the lack of Fable DLC a betrayal of loyal Amazon customers.

Spoiler

#5347 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

got too many games to even consider a deal right now. i assume many others in the same boat

#5348 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

got too many games to even consider a deal right now. i assume many others in the same boat

The "too many games" boat doesn't exist on cag
Posted Image

#5349 Chupatintas

Chupatintas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I think in all seriousness no discounts are going to be as crazy as some of you expect. It's a new dev with a new distributor and they aren't going to all of a sudden have super crazy never before seen sales. The Skyrim DLC and Skyrim itself rarely hit the 50% off threshold in the digital realm because it sells well and I don't see that changing for a while. Dishonored on the other hand might drop in price soon.

Well, you never know. Game had this bundle (includes Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, and Skyrim + Dawnguard + Hearthfire) for 20 pounds, so maybe Amazon can beat it:

http://www.game.co.u...awnguard-199776

#5350 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Not Amazon deal related, but Witcher 3 has been announced:
http://www.gog.com/n..._two_for_50_off

Would love to play the 1st two after I upgrade my machine.

#5351 Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

New here

Is there a recommeneded method of trading steam game codes at cag?

#5352 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

What is it with the hyperbole? "Debacle", "fiasco", etc. Why make it seem like a big deal when it really isn't? :lol:

Epic question!

#5353 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

New here

Is there a recommeneded method of trading steam game codes at cag?

Generally by posting in this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#5354 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think the better term is "disappointment" given the bundle's advertising then almost immediate lack of availability.

In any case, would love to see the 2012 pack resurface at the $15 price point even without the EC coupon.

#5355 Kanglor

Kanglor

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, kicking myself for not getting the CK II bundle, but I figured why not just get the Paradox pack instead. Sadly by time I got around to check again Saturday and saw that deal wasn't happening they had pulled the CK II one also.

#5356 Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, kicking myself for not getting the CK II bundle, but I figured why not just get the Paradox pack instead. Sadly by time I got around to check again Saturday and saw that deal wasn't happening they had pulled the CK II one also.

Same here

#5357 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think the better term is "disappointment" given the bundle's advertising then almost immediate lack of availability.

In any case, would love to see the 2012 pack resurface at the $15 price point even without the EC coupon.

I think I agree with this. Tony was pretty straight forward with us about the whole thing. The whole bundles were great with the EC discount by themselves. I managed to grab the war and sea bundles. What happened happened only because he was kind to rush the whole thing into January so we could do the EC stuff. Didn't this same thing happened with a 2k bundle a few months ago? Perhaps demand was really high as well + low keys = problem

#5358 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Didn't this same thing happened with a 2k bundle a few months ago? Perhaps demand was really high as well + low keys = problem

There was a Square-Enix bundle that sold out very quickly, got some more keys after a day or so, sold out again and SE said "hellz no" about offering more copies and pulled the plug on it. Guess they were worried about Just Cause 2 being devalued... heh. Amazon gave a one-time coupon code to everyone as a replacement deal since that SE bundle was the Deal of the Week.

That was a little different though. This seems to be more Paradox just not being able to respond in a timely fashion due to various issues (time zones, weekend, some convention Paradox folks were at) and there were lots of other sales going on at Amazon rather than this one pack being the sole highlighted deal.

#5359 Gandor

Gandor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

So i picked up the Dungeon Siege pack, absolutely loved Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, 3? Didn't so much like it on consoles but i heard there are camera fixes etc. for PC.

Are any of the expansion packs included with dungeon siege / dungeon siege II?

#5360 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Are any of the expansion packs included with dungeon siege / dungeon siege II?

They're almost definitely the DS and DSII games from the complete pack on Steam, which a little searching on the Steam forums says that they do not include the expansions (though DS1 claims to have the expansion in the menu, but the actual content is disabled and not included). Evidently the steam versions of those games are less than ideal. (multiplayer disabled, as well.)

#5361 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Forgot to thank you Tony for all those sweet deals :)
Posted Image

#5362 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

so what's the word on bethesda tony?

#5363 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

They're almost definitely the DS and DSII games from the complete pack on Steam, which a little searching on the Steam forums says that they do not include the expansions (though DS1 claims to have the expansion in the menu, but the actual content is disabled and not included). Evidently the steam versions of those games are less than ideal. (multiplayer disabled, as well.)

For $12 too? Meh, at least it's not even tempting in the slightest (saves us money).

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5364 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

For $12 too? Meh, at least it's not even tempting in the slightest (saves us money).

yeah i have DS3 and the dlc...i'd need a great deal on 1 and 2 to even care

#5365 Slash

Slash

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Same. I was going to buy the CK bundle and the Majesty Bundle (for Warlock + DLC), but didn't buy them because I could get more from the 2012 Ultimate Pack for the same price. I just assumed Tony OD'd at the concert.

http://digitpress.slashbunny.com/ (Generate PDF lists for your collection)

#5366 Gandor

Gandor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the info. In this case I'll wait until a better deal comes around (already have DSIII).

#5367 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

i know the dungeon siege bundle has been $10 on steam and seems like a good candidate for $7.50
makes it really hard to spend 11.99

#5368 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

i know the dungeon siege bundle has been $10 on steam and seems like a good candidate for $7.50
makes it really hard to spend 11.99

I bought it for $7.50 last July, so I'd agree that it's a pretty good candidate. :)

#5369 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

TERA now unavailable for purchase. F2P live now I guess?

#5370 Lep

Lep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

TERA now unavailable for purchase. F2P live now I guess?

Yep went f2p today. Only way to snag founder status now is to find a boxed copy in the wild